Thrustmaster TH8A not recognized on GT7

• Thread starter wvu101
  • 158 comments
EN - The TH8A gearbox is compatible with the following PS5™ games (#):
Note: On PlayStation®5, your TH8A gearbox also works with all PS4™ compatible games listed in the LIST OF PLAYSTATION®4 GAMES section.
FR - La boite de vitesse TH8A est compatible dans les jeux PS5™ suivants(#) :
Remarque : Sur PlayStation®5, votre boite de vitesse TH8A fonctionne également avec tous les jeux PS4™ compatibles. Liste disponible dans la catégorie LISTE DES JEUX PLAYSTATION®4.
DE - Die TH8A Gangschaltung ist mit den folgenden PS5™-Spielen kompatibel(#):
Hinweis: Auf PlayStation®5 funktioniert Ihr TH8A Gangschaltung auch mit allen PS4™-Spielen, die kompatibel sind. Die Liste finden Sie in der Kategorie LISTE DER PLAYSTATION®4-SPIELE.

- ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE – PS5™ (*)
- DiRT® 5 – PS5™(***)
- F1® 2021 – PS5™ (*)
- GRAN TURISMO™ 7 – PS5™ (***)
- GRID™ Legends – PS5 (***)
- MONSTER TRUCK CHAMPIONSHIP – PS5™(***)
- SRX: The Game – PS5™ (***)
- STREET OUTLAWS 2 - Winner Takes All – PS5™ (***)
- WRC 9 – PS5™(***)
- WRC 10 – PS5™(***)
- WRECKFEST – PS5™ (***)

(***)

EN - Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL (+/-)” and in “H (7+1)” mode with the Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT II, T300 RS, T300 GTE, T248, T150 Force Feedback and T150 Ferrari Force Feedback racing wheels = shifter connected to the wheel’s DIN connector.

Last edited:
Look it up. Look up usb to usb and usb to din. It ll make sense
Someone in my region tried the following but report it doesnt work...

IMG_20220307_023812.jpg

EN - The TH8A gearbox is compatible with the following PS5™ games (#):
Note: On PlayStation®5, your TH8A gearbox also works with all PS4™ compatible games listed in the LIST OF PLAYSTATION®4 GAMES section.
FR - La boite de vitesse TH8A est compatible dans les jeux PS5™ suivants(#) :
Remarque : Sur PlayStation®5, votre boite de vitesse TH8A fonctionne également avec tous les jeux PS4™ compatibles. Liste disponible dans la catégorie LISTE DES JEUX PLAYSTATION®4.
DE - Die TH8A Gangschaltung ist mit den folgenden PS5™-Spielen kompatibel(#):
Hinweis: Auf PlayStation®5 funktioniert Ihr TH8A Gangschaltung auch mit allen PS4™-Spielen, die kompatibel sind. Die Liste finden Sie in der Kategorie LISTE DER PLAYSTATION®4-SPIELE.

- ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE – PS5™ (*)
- DiRT® 5 – PS5™(***)
- F1® 2021 – PS5™ (*)
- GRAN TURISMO™ 7 – PS5™ (***)
- GRID™ Legends – PS5 (***)
- MONSTER TRUCK CHAMPIONSHIP – PS5™(***)
- SRX: The Game – PS5™ (***)
- STREET OUTLAWS 2 - Winner Takes All – PS5™ (***)
- WRC 9 – PS5™(***)
- WRC 10 – PS5™(***)
- WRECKFEST – PS5™ (***)

(***)

EN - Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL (+/-)” and in “H (7+1)” mode with the Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT II, T300 RS, T300 GTE, T248, T150 Force Feedback and T150 Ferrari Force Feedback racing wheels = shifter connected to the wheel’s DIN connector.
Where did this quotation come from? Thrustmaster.com doesn’t have gt7 listed on the compatibility page.

Ah I see in the manual itself. Well that’s unfortunate, seems like that’s as good as saying go get the cable for t300. And goodbye t500 users and others.

how do you plug TH8RS into a base? Don't you need a DIN cable to do that? TH8RS only has a USB plug
I only have the usb cable as well and I’m finding it a PITA to get that cable to Canada. Tm evolution + cable is the one you need, unfortunately none of the tm eshops will ship here. The ricmotec alternative I found is like double the price plus triple the price for shipping and un calculated duty/tax will end up being $100 probably to get it.

I wonder if the adapter for keyboard makes a difference. As I recall the keyboard ones are a different colour than the mouse ones.
yea, you are right, green is for keyboard and purple is for mouse, but looking at the pin assignment, they might be the same.

ps2pin.jpg

Last edited:
yea, you are right, green is for keyboard and purple is for mouse, but looking at the pin assignment, they might be the same.

View attachment 1121220
Hmm in this case I wonder if the guy that tried it was using a th8rs and trying to convert it to work with ps/2 rather than someone like me who has the th8a but is simply missing the cable. I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find one of these things to try.

So this still only helps the TH8A right? I don't think the cable is detachable on the RS. If the keyboard/mouse PS2/USB adapter doesn't work I guess we are SOL?
Yes I think this still only helps th8a I was thinking that the adapter might work for the th8a because it also can use a ps/2 interface natively, where the rs is trying some funky conversion that may not respond.

Back