Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter Thread

Which mode do you mostly use with your TH8A?

• Total voters
Hmm. Unsure. I bought it specifically for the shortened shaft. Didn't try it on the standard. Unfortunately my rig is in storage right now or I'd check for you :(. I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

well since getting my t300 back i was able to put some good use on this shifter. i did turn the resistance screw a mill or 2 clockwise from stock position,it was very stiff. anyway after a couple of days the shifter started scraping through the gears, especially 3 4 5 6, horrible gritty sandy metal to metal feel, i took the metal and black plastic plate of underneath it and saw the two metal plates causing the noise, the grease seemed to have dissolved away, i put some high quality Teflon grease i use for my mountain bike on the plates with a cocktail stick and now its good as new, hope i haven't voided the warranty thou.

may just ring thrustmaster up and tell them as apparently they tell you to open it up yourself and grease it.

I am considering upgrading the TH8A metal plate from www.rightongates.com in order to get shorter shifting. Anyone have experience with these plates?

Jiri
Just received my 7 Speed/Flat black plate from @patrickd018 (RightOnGates). Nice quality finish. A bit worried that the colours might wear off from the gates though. Not questioning the quality of work @patrickd018 just love it too much not wanting to scratch it :lol:.

Eagerly waiting on a Black Friday deal for one of these. :D
I'm hoping they will have it on Black Friday deal too but it seems they are out of stock so doubting if they will put it on offer as first they need to get the stock available. Hopefully the Ferrari F1 wheel is put on discount and potentially T3PA pedals if it gets back in stock in time as they are things I'm also looking out for. Only seen G27s on offer so far regarding Black Friday Sim Racing deals here in the UK.

I'm hoping they will have it on Black Friday deal too but it seems they are out of stock so doubting if they will put it on offer as first they need to get the stock available. Hopefully the Ferrari F1 wheel is put on discount and potentially T3PA pedals if it gets back in stock in time as they are things I'm also looking out for. Only seen G27s on offer so far regarding Black Friday Sim Racing deals here in the UK.

Yeah I'm not sure how nearly everywhere has sold out of TH8RS and TH8As. I'm hoping Amazon get some more stock in before Christmas. In fact I might shoot them an email.

Yeah I'm not sure how nearly everywhere has sold out of TH8RS and TH8As. I'm hoping Amazon get some more stock in before Christmas. In fact I might shoot them an email.

I'm about to go to micro center and pick up the Th8rs as I have been waiting for the TH8a for months but like you said everywhere is sold out! Just been procrastinating getting the old one because there the same price, but who knows maybe they have a special on it

It seems like it is back in stock on the Thrustmaster website now. I'm waiting for Amazon to match or beat the cheapest the TH8RS was (£56.89). Cheapest TH8A has been on Amazon is £83.97. Hopefully Thrustmaster does a decent Black Friday deal on it now that it is in stock.

Ordered mine off of Amazon last week and have just received an email with a delivery estimate of 17-18th December. Says on Amazon they're out of stock so either they're already out of stock again and have given them to people who had ordered or they'll be in stock in the next few weeks.

I just got quoted a revised date of end of January for new TH8A stock arriving here, but unlike Amazon none of the shops here got any stock in the meantime, due date just keeps slipping from early December to early January to late January now :(

Ordered my shifter on the 28th Nov(was out of stock) and had an email yesterday with delivery on the 16th Dec. Just checked my orders and now have a delivery of 9th or 10th of Dec.

Suggest placing an order even if it is out of stock(if possible) and just wait for it to become back in stock.

Ordered mine from Amazon 28th Nov and they were out of stock, but it obviously put you on a priority list as mine is due in a couple of days.

I wouldn't wait till they are in stock as they may not even have any stock left after back orders.
Amazon were sold out again very soon after the site said it was in stock.

How can i place a order for it on amazon if it is out of stock? I don't see a preorder button or a call number

Last edited:
How can i place a order for it on amazon if it is out of stock? I don't see a preorder button or a call number

Amazon will show items either 'unavailable' or 'out of stock'. If the item says 'unavailable' you can't order it. If it's 'out of stock', you can place your order and they'll ship it once back in stock. Unfortunately there's not much you can do when an item says 'unavailable' except have Amazon keep you updated via e-mail.

I've been waiting for the TH8A and the T3PA for months. Incidentally the T3PA was available through Amazon today, but went out of stock instantly (go figure). I entered the contest on the inside simracing website, so maybe there's a chance I'll win them instead of enduring this interminable wait.

Amazon will show items either 'unavailable' or 'out of stock'. If the item says 'unavailable' you can't order it. If it's 'out of stock', you can place your order and they'll ship it once back in stock. Unfortunately there's not much you can do when an item says 'unavailable' except have Amazon keep you updated via e-mail.

I've been waiting for the TH8A and the T3PA for months. Incidentally the T3PA was available through Amazon today, but went out of stock instantly (go figure). I entered the contest on the inside simracing website, so maybe there's a chance I'll win them instead of enduring this interminable wait.

Hey Guys Just Ordered My TH8A Shifter!!!!
My main thing was if i had to order the shifter from a website i haven't heard from then it had have paypal!
http://www.seaboom.com/scripts/product.asp?PRDCODE=1995-4060059&REFID=FR

If you want to risk not using paypal then i have some other sites you guys can order from..

http://www.shopblt.com/item/thrustmaster-th8a-add-on-gearbox-shifter/w121_4060059.html

http://www.electroworkshop.com/product/?id=1256214

Quick question.
On ps3 the H-gate does not work when the shifter is directly connected to the T300.

Does anybody know if this will work on PS4?

Back