Thursday Night Practice (Formerly Driving School)

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 465 comments
I am always up for learning something. I was hoping to practice rolling grid starts after my poor performance at the last oval, which was mainly due to being on pole twice and having never done this type of thing before. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one unclear of the process. I'll be logging on shortly, and will listen to any words of wisdom anybody wishes to share. Cheers.

I hope wall the best for your son. Speedy recovery
I can see the need for that.

Thanks guys luckily he is a tough little booger so he will be ok he's more upset about the fact he doesn't get to go get his new motocross helmet tomorrow now. Btw for anyone who didn't know I won't be around a ton this summer as I race motocross myself and it will also be his first season. So plenty to keep ol dad busy.

something i do when there is nothing going on is run some random lobbies i search gr3/gr4 bop and look for a room with 10+ people with all the assist turned off. what this has helped me do is get more comfortable around other cars while also learning tracks, pushing my limits, testing my patience, lol the list can go on forever. still to this day ill jump in random rooms and practice or race for a confidence booster lol ive got so use to running with ARL and MSN that sometimes its nice to race non-aliens. idk if this will help you guys but its good practice and i know im gonna sound kinda ****** for saying this but its better to use random lobbies as practice sometimes because if you knock someone into Narnia its a random practice race F'it! nothing won or lost but instead something learned.

PS_Messages_20200221_084420.jpg
PS_Messages_20200221_084422.jpg

My evening again everyone I do apologise @CANOWORMS1 I will hop on this weekend with you and go over how formation laps work.

View attachment 892949 View attachment 892950

My evening again everyone I do apologise @CANOWORMS1 I will hop on this weekend with you and go over how formation laps work.
Nothing bleeds like a head wound. Glad he's OK and was barely slowed down. On track that's known as 'minor damage', 'racing incident'. @Jw_wk1010 I'm out for dinner Saturday evening from about 4-9 pm PST and I'm around otherwise. If you have a time in mind let me know and I'll be able to work around that. It might me an idea to invite other beginners to the party. I remember @Camaro DR being beside me on the front row of a start and sounding pretty unsure of what the process was supposed to look like. Not something you can practice in game.

Nothing bleeds like a head wound. Glad he's OK and was barely slowed down. On track that's known as 'minor damage', 'racing incident'. @Jw_wk1010 I'm out for dinner Saturday evening from about 4-9 pm PST and I'm around otherwise. If you have a time in mind let me know and I'll be able to work around that. It might me an idea to invite other beginners to the party. I remember @Camaro DR being beside me on the front row of a start and sounding pretty unsure of what the process was supposed to look like. Not something you can practice in game.

No problem at all sat after 7est I'm available so just let me know what works for you guys.

No problem at all sat after 7est I'm available so just let me know what works for you guys.
7 est = 4 pst. So it seems you become available as I'm heading out the door. I'm around before that, and all day Sunday. If that can't work I'll survive.

Just checking; you all are practicing for a Gr 3 race. I'm just a Gr 4 kinda guy looking to get better. Any pointers are more than welcome. And if we could connect that would be great. I'm going to practice some and then look for you guys in game.

Just checking; you all are practicing for a Gr 3 race. I'm just a Gr 4 kinda guy looking to get better. Any pointers are more than welcome. And if we could connect that would be great. I'm going to practice some and then look for you guys in game.
I would recommend running a Gr.3 for a few laps and then switching back over to the Gr.4. You might feel like you control the Gr.4 better afterwards.

I don't have much advise but 1 tip I learned from watching replays of the faster guys is they don't brake heavy in gr4 cars they roll the corners and let it knock off the speed while keeping you fast into and out of the corner

I would recommend running a Gr.3 for a few laps and then switching back over to the Gr.4. You might feel like you control the Gr.4 better afterwards.

Sounds kinda crazy but he's right.....from time to time I'll jump on pc2 and do the same thing for a gr3 race

Latest Posts

Back