Tied series; who wins?

• Thread starter JB23
  • 38 comments
No luck w/search. I've got one race to go in the GT Championship and wondered what happens if there's a tie in the points total? Do I win, or does the AI win?

i think you might win... i think i had something like that happen in GT3 and the user always won...at least i think that is how it is. but don't risk it, just crush them in the last race or whatever you need to win.

JB23
No luck w/search. I've got one race to go in the GT Championship and wondered what happens if there's a tie in the points total? Do I win, or does the AI win?

In GT3, you had to win by a clear point... I reckon it's the same in GT4... in other words, in the event of a tie, you're :banghead: :grumpy:

I can't remember which series it was but I was leading heading into the final race, needing a mere 4th place finish to win. My competition could beat me in the straights so I took it easy. On the last two turns (at Midfield, I believe), I went too wide and the 5th place car passed me. Tied the series and I had to do it all over again.

i think i have won a tied series once. it might depend on who won more races or who won the last race or who was in the lead before the last race.

i was always under the impression that the player with the most 1st (or highest position) was the one given the series win.

this is something I'm not going to test cos it would ruin my 100% winning percentage.

deadboy1975
i was always under the impression that the player with the most 1st (or highest position) was the one given the series win.

:confused: Yeh, they do, but in the event of a tie (which won't happen if you insist on winning every race, which seems to miss the point of 'racing' if you ask me), who wins? In GT3, you did NOT win the series if you tied... by definition, you did not win... you only tied... no win, no prize :( Would be surprised if it's different in GT4...

and so, jb23, you might try a little sabotage. hoping that ai will be as stupid as it usually is, you can try to send the AI car that you expect to tie in points with you into sand. most of the time, ai will not recover its position in the race and will stay at whatever position it gets after coming back on track.

I won a series by tiein' once. Didn't think I was gonna win, thought it was gonna just say I lost, but then I was given the prize car, and the money, so maybe it does go on who has more of the first place finishes or something. Who knows, GT4 seems more messed everyday. :odd:

In GT4 in order to win a championship you must have more points. If there is a tie there is no winner. I've tied several times early on and you get nothing but the winnings for the position of the individual races.

cap'n crunch032
I've tied a series and lost in GT4.
I've never tied an entire series, but in the one individual race that I've had that has ended up dead even (0'00.00" at finish line), I received the second place prize money.

I lost when I had a tie. it looks as if u exited the race, no money for second or a tie and the series circle remains empty instead of putting a number or a silver medal etc..

eieio
I lost when I had a tie. it looks as if u exited the race, no money for second or a tie and the series circle remains empty instead of putting a number or a silver medal etc..
Yea, you would think you would get the same in the series circle as with other races. Silver for second, bronze for third.

ive tied a race in GT3 (yes crossing the same exact moment as another car down to a thousandth of a second) and that was interesting. i believe the ai and i got 2nd place with no first place reciever. im surprised the system didnt crash PD had it covered.

just because some of you have lost a championship once because of a tie does not mean that you always loose. it is possible to win in spite of a tie.

I thought I had just experienced a tie in my last individual race. Last lap, finish neck-to-neck at the finish line. The official results come up. I'm in first, the second place person is +1 Lap, and the 3rd place person is +.078s. I thought the game glitched or something, and just ended up giving me the win, but it turns out that the official time for the second place car was +.001s

vladimir
just because some of you have lost a championship once because of a tie does not mean that you always loose. it is possible to win in spite of a tie.

I didn't know that... still, I've only ever tied once, and I lost :(

If you are leading in the points going into the final race, and end up losing the final race, but you still tie for points, then you win the championship.

It's happend to me more than once.

skiteton
If you are leading in the points going into the final race, and end up losing the final race, but you still tie for points, then you win the championship.

It's happend to me more than once.

I didn´t. This has happened to me twice, and I lost the championship both times, even though I had more 1st places.

Both of´em were B-spec DTM races, so maybe that´s got something to do with it.

Back