Time Attack Challanges

United States
U.S.A.
So I saw over on the GT4 threads that they are running new time attack challenges. Is anyone interested in running one here on the GT5 forum ?

No, the servers haven’t been open for a long time for GT5, but it’s not needed for time attack challanges via postings as being done in GT4 forum...

This sounds cool, I'm looking for stuff to do in GT5. Will hybrids be allowed (cars that have been fused together (i.e. Mustang with a Ferrari engine))?

Great... just need several more folks to join in and then we can set up rules and events. Of course the honor system of not exceeding the rules, cheating, etc would be a mandatory... reply here if wishing to join...

Great... just need several more folks to join in and then we can set up rules and events. Of course the honor system of not exceeding the rules, cheating, etc would be a mandatory... reply here if wishing to join...
I can probably get my brother to join. But I'm certainely ready to race.
Also, how many people gotta join?

Last edited:
Great guys ! Well I’ll publish soon some rules I think we should follow and you guys can look them over and make suggestions or changes cause two heads are better than one...:cheers:

OK... Here's some of my initial thoughts on rules...

First and foremost... A given... Honor system (like golf), no cheating which would just ruin the time attack race challenges.

Everyone gets a voice on any race selection or any suggestions that might help our group.

All races should be with "premium cars that are in your garage" running in arcade mode only, but with any of your favorites allowed.

Absolutely no hybrids of any kind (exception for a color change...example might be like making the Ferrari 330 P4 Black or the Mine's Midnight Purple etc etc etc)

Standard upgrades, tunes, tires are allowed that are actually available in the normal regular GT5 tune shop only, no special parts like super soft tires or whatever, unless a race is otherwise noted such running a pure stock race. All should be outlined prior to race start.

No Editor type modifications ! Especially multi settings being used for HP, Grip, Down Force, etc... And yes I'm no stranger to this, so please don't use ! (Color only I suppose is ok though).

One lap runs to keep it brief... Would prefer a video of your run (Quality of vid not important though) or if can't do then solid proof photos would of course be mandatory.

New Edits Added...

Once your race is actually posted it can’t be changed and that posted time run will be official and closed.

Only “one” thread will be used for all the continuing races. No need for multiple threads for each race.

No stupid wall runs or shortcut ugly stuff... if your car was real and off course it would be so damaged it would be out of the race, hence keep it real.

Points for each race should be assigned to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes and also be accumulated at the end of each race as to create a seasonal total. Example...
1st place-10 points
2nd place- 8 points
3rd place- 5 points
All Other Finishes - 3 points
No participation in a race or a no finish gets a -0-

Most important is not how you placed but how much fun you had doing it. :D

Group Suggestions ??? :gtplanet:

Last edited:
OK... Here's some of my initial thoughts on rules...

First and foremost... A given... Honor system (like golf), no cheating which would just ruin the time attack race challenges.

Everyone gets a voice on any race selection or any suggestions that might help our group.

All races should be with "premium cars that are in your garage" running in arcade mode only, but with any of your favorites allowed.

Absolutely no hybrids of any kind (exception for a color change...example might be like making the Ferrari 330 P4 Black or the Mine's Midnight Purple etc etc etc)

Standard upgrades, tunes, tires are allowed that are actually available in the normal regular GT5 tune shop only, no special parts like super soft tires or whatever, unless a race is otherwise noted such running a pure stock race. All should be outlined prior to race start.

No Editor type modifications ! Especially multi settings being used for HP, Grip, Down Force, etc... And yes I'm no stranger to this, so please don't use ! (Color only I suppose is ok though).

One lap runs to keep it brief... Would prefer a video of your run (Quality of vid not important though) or if can't do then solid proof photos would of course be mandatory.

New Edits Added...

Once your race is actually posted it can’t be changed and that posted time run will be official and closed.

Only “one” thread will be used for all the continuing races. No need for multiple threads for each race.

No stupid wall runs or shortcut ugly stuff... if your car was real and off course it would be so damaged it would be out of the race, hence keep it real.

Points for each race should be assigned to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes and also be accumulated at the end of each race as to create a seasonal total. Example...
1st place-10 points
2nd place- 8 points
3rd place- 5 points
All Other Finishes - 3 points
No participation in a race or a no finish gets a -0-

Most important is not how you placed but how much fun you had doing it. :D

Group Suggestions ??? :gtplanet:
Suggestion: how about all attempts should have a rolling start of 60 miles an hour or a hundred kilometers an hour?

1st Event :

400 - 475 PP

Naturally Aspirated engines only

1990 - 2000 (year)

Fuji Speedway F

1 Lap

1 place = 10pts
2 place = 8pts
3 place = 5 pts
4 and below = 3pts

Go (please don't lie aboot your times)

Shphrd... Hold off for now, but has to be the same car for everyone, not just general to keep it straight up driver to driver not car to car. Read Official race thread just started rule number 12 and watch that thread for first race. You'll have next race choice and appreciate your input though... not being a boss, just organizing as best as possible and hope you understand...

What about people running different versions of the game; won't that affect the lap times?

Great guys ! Well I’ll publish soon some rules I think we should follow and you guys can look them over and make suggestions or changes cause two heads are better than one...:cheers:
Do you think we should make drags too? Not on this thread but on a separate one.

Back