Time for motorcycle's

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 52 comments
United States
United States
The most fitting update to this game. The best way to add variety.Be the first Simulation style game to have both cars and motorcycle's.

Last edited:
Milestone(Motogp-Ride) make's good games despite what some people say. But I would love to take a Ferrari out and time attack it against a Ducati just for fun.........

No. Maybe a separate title along with forza MOTORSPORT but not a whole new genre by itself. Hell maybe horizon 5 will start that. Would be better there probably.

Add moto's in motorsport, why not? maybe we can host live events of "Touristenfahrten" where cars vans and motorcycles cruse around and have fun.
maybe we can get moto's and drift them, drifting is so awesome on a bike if you're not catapulted. and it'd be great for a wheelie ability, maybe a downshift clutch in and gas it type of thing. and abilities to adjust the rider on the motorcycles. (ride stance, and positioning)

It's also time to remove the apostrophe from "motorcycles." However, rather than add motorcycles to Forza Motorsport or even Horizon, I'd prefer a Forza motorcycle game. 100% motorcycles like Ride or Tourist Trophy.

It's also time to remove the apostrophe from "motorcycles." However, rather than add motorcycles to Forza Motorsport or even Horizon, I'd prefer a Forza motorcycle game. 100% motorcycles like Ride or Tourist Trophy.
I wish they did that and had a way for both games to share a few servers so we can do events like the Touristenfahrten or something alike. I want to have the ability to have both of the vehicle types on one track controlled by Users. It wouldent be too hard to map it, and say a car hits a bike, lets penatalize the car via time or de-q and or have the bike slide out and a animation of the rider or a jank auto re righting of the bike and they carry on. I'd figure it'd be cool, since its not really a race event. (a Touristenfahrten can be like a literal open track day event) and yeah, why the heck not.

One of the best parts of theses games(Forza,Iracing,GT,...)is the variety of vehicles. Racing a formula car and then racing a street car in the same game and comparing the performance levels and handling aspects.

I have things I don't want the developers spending time on. Putting off-road racing in a circuit racing game for instance. 5 cars and 4 off-road tracks that can only be used as a set, no thanks. Tracks take a huge amount of time to develop.

I see 2 reasons people don't want bikes in a traditional made car games. No Sim. hardware and not interested in bikes. But once they put together a physics engine, making motorcycles won't take much time and can be used with every track

No.

It further dilutes what they are doing, and it's not as simple as just "AdD sUM BIkES MaNN."

Turn 10 can't even figure out how to do car racing on circuits very well yet, and they have been doing that for 15 years. We still don't have strategy, tire wear, fuel burn, the drafting model is a joke, the suspension model is still lame, tuning is still very "video game"-y, their track selection has lagged far behind, their racing car selection is way out of date, the career is still awful, and we don't have truly dynamic time of day or weather. They need to nearly perfect all of that stuff before they go trying to shoehorn some new type of vehicles that very likely require modified physics into the game.

It would also dilute the post-release content as well. Unless they change the way their DLC is bundled, people who have very little interest in motorcycles would suddenly have to pay for motorcycles in their DLC packs, and the team would be split up between creating motorcycles and making motorcycle-oriented changes and working on the car side of things.

It's unlikely that they would be able to make them share the track with cars too. Even if they can get the physics sets cooperating, people in cars would just run over the motorcycles and wreck them. I don't know for sure, but I believe vehicles running over ragdolled motorcycle rider bodies could need a ratings change for "violence" but then even if it doesn't, I doubt that's a look Turn 10 would want to show. That would mean either the motorcycles wouldn't be wreck-able, which would be stupid, or that they wouldn't be able to share the same track as cars, in which case they would be better off in their own separate title.

The old sayings about jack of all trades and trying to please everyone apply here. I'd rather they actually focus on trying to do car racing well than do a poor job shoehorning a bunch of random motorsport stuff into their game.

Yeah Forza went downhill fast right after Forza 4, motorcycles would be the last thing the game needs.
Same with Autovista, Trucks and vans, fantasy cars, homologation, race suits, dumb DLC's like the Barret Jackson hot rods, Hoonigan, etc

The Motorsport part is really starting to seep away, i still remember how excited i was for FM3, it having a up to date full grid ALMS, DTM and V8 Supercars line-up and everything.

Yeah Forza went downhill fast right after Forza 4, motorcycles would be the last thing the game needs.
Same with Autovista, Trucks and vans, fantasy cars, homologation, race suits, dumb DLC's like the Barret Jackson hot rods, Hoonigan, etc

The Motorsport part is really starting to seep away, i still remember how excited i was for FM3, it having a up to date full grid ALMS, DTM and V8 Supercars line-up and everything.
It’s not any more or less about motorsports than it’s ever been. There’s also been special tuner vehicles similar to Hoonigan since the conception of Forza.

And nope, the vans are great.

Same with Autovista

I mean, it's a fluff feature, but it is nice to have somewhere to look at the vehicles in greater detail, so whatever.

Trucks and vans

...GT has had trucks and vans since 4, at earliest. In fact, they've added two to GT Sport. So it's not like Forza is any different in that regard.

fantasy cars

GT also has a car powered by lasers, and a literal shoe in the case of GT4. Again, Forza really isn't that different.

homologation

OK, I'll give you that, but only slightly: the way that the homologation system works currently has gimped one of the best things about Forza as a whole, and that's the de-linearity with regards to vehicle customization, but the idea of the system works. It just needs to be implemented differently.

race suits

Eh. It is what it is.

dumb DLC's like the Barret Jackson hot rods

Again, GT has had custom built hot rods and tuners added into each successive GT game since 4, at minimum. Forza isn't that different.

Personal preference, but see above, it's the same principle.

The Motorsport part is really starting to seep away

No, not really. And even if it was...you do realize that you have a whole cornucopia of racing sims to play to get your motorsport fix? Of course, they don't have the pure sandbox nature of Forza...but they pick up the slack in other ways.

This is a dumb thread wrapped in a really dumb premise. But this post? It's quite iffy.

I mean, it's a fluff feat ( SNIP) remise. But this post? It's quite iffy.

I actually prefer to play Project Cars instead of Forza or GT.

But what is up with those GT comparisons anyway, are you just assuming i'm a GT fan because i don't seem to like Forza?
Is the only way you can deal with someones opinion to try and find out what they like and then critique that?
If anything here is iffy, it's the way you people here handle yourselves when your oh so precious product gets some critique.
"ThIs IS A DuMb ThReAd And YoUr PoSt Is IfFy"

It's pathetic.

But yeah like you said i also agree that GT is nothing better, it also contains all kinds of nonsense that don't belong in a self proclaimed racing "sim"
But developers have to cater to the biggest demographic which happens to be kids, who happen to like nonsense like vans, hypercars, hot rods and Hot Wheels...
Motorcycles would be a huge step too far though, it would break the game up way too much.

I actually prefer to play Project Cars instead of Forza or GT.

Alright. You do realize PCARS 2 has both the Brocky and the Funhaver in it's stable of vehicles, yes?

But what is up with those GT comparisons anyway, are you just assuming i'm a GT fan because i don't seem to like Forza?

No, the only reason why I brought GT up is because, well, the two series' are conjoined at the hip, considering what one title was built to be back in 2005. They are compared because, well, they always will be. I'm pointing out that Forza really is no different in that regard with the points you brought up.

Is the only way you can deal with someones opinion to try and find out what they like and then critique that?

It certainly helps clarify the criticisms you're making with regards to Forza.

If anything here is iffy, it's the way you people here handle yourselves when your oh so precious product gets some critique.

No, we're criticizing you for the fact that other series have done the exact same thing that you're accusing Forza of having done. GT more so considering the comparable, but also PCARS 2 as well. But of course, if you want to go the fanwar route, we can do that too like every other comparison between Forza and other titles that has ever been done on this forum.

But developers have to cater to the biggest demographic which happens to be kids, who happen to like nonsense like vans, hypercars, hot rods and Hot Wheels...

Fun fact - people like different things! And don't tell me that you haven't, in your quest for super serious sim racing nirvana, haven't ****ed around with silly vehicles in PCARS 2 or Assetto Corsa or whatever. More or less the same principle with regards to the more esoteric vehicle choices made by PD and T10 respectively.

Sure, you can criticize Forza. No skin off mine, or anyone else's back. What people take issue with is this sort of 'wull Forza was so much better when they had ACTUAL racing cars and ACTUAL motorsport was the focus!' because it wasn't. It was always about tuning vehicles and being able to scale them up and race them against super cars, if you wanted. Race cars were really only the end point, and not the main focus. Removing that and focusing on motorsports, like some people have suggested in this thread, simply kills whatever is left that makes Forza viable in this market, and basically just says to me you might as well continue playing games like AC and PCARS 2, because that's what you want to turn Forza into.

*Snip*

No, we're criticizing you for the fact that other series have done the exact same thing that you're accusing Forza of having done. GT more so considering the comparable, but also PCARS 2 as well. But of course, if you want to go the fanwar route, we can do that too like every other comparison between Forza and other titles that has ever been done on this forum.
We're should be changed to I'm, because you don't represent everyone on this forum.

..And about going the fanwar route.. you were the one that brought other games into this for absolutely no reason :rolleyes:.

Edit: I'd love to see bikes in with cars. That would be something I'd update my computer to Windows 10 for.

It would take developing time to put motorcycles in the game and that would be the only downfall. Forza always was a simcade and I wish they went the hardcore simulation side with assist available. RIDE games have bike crashes and it doesn't have to be a horror fest because the the racing is the focus not the crashing.

Some were already mentioned above but I guess if you have difficulty with reading and don't understand how complicated it could be, then I can make a simple list.

1. It would divert T10's focus away from the many areas they need to work on.
2. Would dilute the content that they bring to a new title (which has already been very little for the last few iterations).
3. Dilutes future DLC with vehicles that some people don't want to pay for.
4. Likely requires significant physics work as it isn't as easy as just copy and pasting motorcycles in.
5. Would create plenty of problems with game balance, and the PI system they have for cars still needs a lot of work.
6. Would create car vs bike problems, like cars running into/over motorcycles and riders ragdolling and getting run over by cars.
7. Would complicate multiplayer and the jobs of the "race marshals" sorting through all the inevitable wrecking clips reported.
8. Creates a ton of "how do we handle this" situational issues that they will likely get wrong and have to spend more time correcting later.

That's just the simple list.

Turn 10 has fallen far behind just trying to make a car racing game, they don't need to add motorcycles to their plate until their car racing game is much better than it currently is.

It would be amazing in Horizon, maybe a bit pointless in Motorsport. Racing cars and bikes together on a race track is just a bad mix, but in a Horizon game where the intent is more to just have a bit of fun with vehicles it's more applicable. But then in Horizon there are new problems because they have a solid off road focus in those games, so they'd need to make bikes convincingly jump and go offroad which is a whole new ballgame. And Forza isn't exactly a franchise known for taking big risks.

^ They would also need to figure out how to handle collisions with objects in the Horizon series. Since there is a ton of smashing through barriers and fences and bushes and picnic tables and so on, they would need to decide what is heavy enough to cause the motorcycles to crash and what is okay to drive through.

Horizon would be even worse for motorcycle racers online too. People in the Motorsport series are reckless enough, there's no way someone on a motorcycle would survive turn 1 in Horizon... They probably wouldn't even make it to turn 1 for that matter, what with all the AWD abominations launching into them off the line.

People in the Motorsport series are reckless enough, there's no way someone on a motorcycle would survive turn 1 in Horizon... They probably wouldn't even make it to turn 1 for that matter

Funny thing about this, Horizon updated their online races so that all vehicles are ghosted for 30 seconds at the start, so the Motorcycles would at least reach turn 1

Funny thing about this, Horizon updated their online races so that all vehicles are ghosted for 30 seconds at the start, so the Motorcycles would at least reach turn 1

True... shows how much time I've been spending in FH multiplayer lately when I can barely remember that.

Latest Posts

Back