Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Do a full refresh

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Keep it as it is, it's going to work out in the end

Votes: 126 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, you're right, Gran Turismo is 100% perfect and everyone who disagrees is a "moron", "troll", "aggressive" and "disrespectful"
Yes, that is exactly what everyone here is saying [/sarcasm]

How exactly am I being biased?
Because your original poll options were all negative, and need we mention the thread title?

How many more poll options are you going to add BTW?

I think some people seriously just don't know how to criticize something the right way and what the OP is doing is ridiculous.

Here's my main two problems with this thread that I think the OP seriously needs to realize. First of all, Kaz is never going away, not anytime soon since the franchise has sold very well and was ahead of its time when the first game got released. Second of all, the OP needs to change his attitude. Is this his first time using the Internet. Remember, if you're going to post something like this, you need to be aware of what kind of feedback you're going to get and people may or may not agree with you. If you can't handle disagreements without making assumptions and insulting people, or add anything good for threads then you should just stop bothering using forums.

I didn't played much of the demo for GTS but I think even with the game focusing more on e-sports and the lack of a proper offline campaign, I still found myself enjoying the game even more than when I played the beta for it.

I don't log in too much here but when I do, it's because of these dumb threads.

Kaz is the founder, the god father of Gran Turismo that made millions of dollars for Sony, and will keep making millions with this iteration. what makes you think you have better ideas and suggest the idea of firing him? What do you do for living? You are one of his million buyers that's sitting behind your desk and does minimum to impact this world. Kaz has impacted this world in more than one ways so far in his career working under Sony. Sony will not fire him. I've played all GT series including this demo and this **** is still the game changer that it has been all these years.
This.

Yes, that is exactly what everyone here is saying [/sarcasm]

Because your original poll options were all negative, and need we mention the thread title?

How many more are you going to add BTW?

If you could edit the thread title to say "reassign" instead of "fire", that would be great.

I never at any point said I didn't like the game, I quite clearly said it feels good to play, you're all being typical trolls and shoving words in someone's mouth. I'm just saying gameplay aside, there's a lot of chinks in the armour, and maybe a change of leadership might address those, but you guys go ahead and throw more words in my mouth in your ever thirstful hunt for insults.
I still don't get your point. You like the game and, yet, you suggest the most aggressive and radical "solutions" to this. Liking the game is short of 70-80% of his job and you want him fired because he missed the rest? So, effectively you are saying "yes, he did a nice job in this game, but he has to be fired because he missed some spots".

It would make sense if you didn't like the game at all, but it does not work in the way the you put it.

I still don't get your point. You like the game and, yet, you suggest the most aggressive and radical "solutions" to this. Liking the game is short of 70-80% of his job and you want him fired because he missed the rest? So, effectively you are saying "yes, he did a nice job in this game, but he has to be fired because he missed some spots".

It would make sense if you didn't like the game at all, but it does not work in the way the you put it.

No, I'm saying that he's probably not an effective project manager and should be reassigned so another project manager can be brought in which might be more productive. Doing this will also take a lot of pressure off of Kaz, and when you take pressure off of great minds they usually do outstanding things.

I agree with most of what you say & you do make some good points, except that I found the menus to be quite slick, personally I liked them. I don't think Kaz needs to be fired, & as long as he's making Sony money he won't be. Why are we all surprised everytime GT doesn't go in the direction we want it too! Kaz always takes it in the direction he wants it to go & ignores 99% of what the fans want, that's just the way it's always been & probably always will be. I love GT for what it does right, & hate it for what it gets wrong; but again that's all subjective & down to personal opinion. I don't think you're trolling, but you are going to get bashed by all the fanboys & those who love the game being blinkered by rose tinted glasses & nostalgia. I've always been ambivalant towards GT & always will be, it's a love hate thing for me.

The solution is simple.. IF there are fans for GT Sport..that is ok. But there is a large audience for GT 7 (career mode), they need to put this one out as well ASAP for us gamers. No interest in real world Racing. Then we will see.... which one sells more.. GT Sport or GT 7.

Last edited:
VBR
I agree with most of what you say & you do make some good points, except that I found the menus to be quite slick, personally I liked them. I don't think Kaz needs to be fired, & as long as he's making Sony money he won't be. Why are we all surprised everytime GT doesn't go in the direction we want it too! Kaz always takes it in the direction he wants it to go & ignores 99% of what the fans want, that's just the way it's always been & probably will always be. I love GT for what it does right, & hate it for what it gets wrong; but again that's all subjective & down to personal opinion. I don't think you're trolling, but you are going to get bashed by all the fanboys & those who love the game being blinkered by rose tinted glasses & nostalgia. I've always been ambivalant towards GT & always will be, it's a love hate thing for me.

Finally someone get's what I mean. 👍

I agree now, Kaz doesn't needs to be fired, but I do think someone else should take on the role of project manager so he's less pressurised.

Ok guys, you're right, Gran Turismo is 100% perfect and everyone who disagrees is a "moron", "troll", "aggressive" and "disrespectful" whilst being the one who's aggressively insulted by everyone else on the thread... let me guess, this is bit where everyone tells me to kill myself?
You seem to be mistaking us for Facebook/Youtube, which is odd as you agreed to our Acceptable Use Policy rather recently. The third item in there is:
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
So no, no-one on GTPlanet is going to call you a moron or troll, or tell you to kill yourself. Unless they too have forgotten the AUP for some reason - and then they won't last very long.

It's also not acceptable to call other members here "fanboys", so I suggest that one gets stowed pretty quick too.

Yes, let's delete everything that you disagree with, what a brilliant place that would be.
Locking is not deletion. Deletion is deletion. And even then deletion isn't deletion, because it's only deleted from view.

No, I'm saying that he's probably not an effective project manager and should be reassigned so another project manager can be brought in which might be more productive. Doing this will also take a lot of pressure off of Kaz, and when you take pressure off of great minds they usually do outstanding things.
If they do that, Gran Turismo is destroyed. Would you rather keep Kaz or get someone else in charge of PD that you don't know and who could possible ruin the franchise forever?

Also responding to your post regarding about how you think we all expect you to praise GTSport like its a religion and saying anything bad about it is a crime, no we don't need to expect you to worship the living heck out of it. Most of the community here on GTP or should I say, almost all of us have our own criticisms about GTS or any of the other Gran Turismo games and some of us might even prefer the older games better than the recent titles. It's only you out of everyone in this thread who brought up the idea that anyone who doesn't like the game should go jump off a cliff.

I think it's more like its time to fire you. If you were working with PD with this kind of attitude, you'd be fired already.

If they do that, Gran Turismo is destroyed. Would you rather keep Kaz or get someone else in charge of PD that you don't know and who could possible ruin the franchise forever?

Also responding to your post regarding about how you think we all expect you to praise GTSport like its a religion and saying anything bad about it is a crime, no we don't need to expect you to worship the living heck out of it. Most of the community here on GTP or should I say, almost all of us have our own criticisms about GTS or any of the other Gran Turismo games and some of us might even prefer the older games better than the recent titles. It's only you out of everyone in this thread who brought up the idea that anyone who doesn't like the game should go jump off a cliff.

I think it's more like its time to fire you. If you were working with PD with this kind of attitude, you'd be fired already.

Not what I'm saying, I'm saying put Kaz in charge of the creative side while the other non-creative related project management like timeline of delivery, scheduling etc., to someone else so that's their headache and less of a headache for him.

Not what I'm saying, I'm saying put Kaz in charge of the creative side while the other non-creative related project management like timeline of delivery, scheduling etc., to someone else so that's their headache and less of a headache for him.
You assume he actually does that.

That pride in Kaz’s face, thats not something you want to relegate to a back seat.

I’m no fan boy I will critique things as needed but a phrase keeps coming to mind when I see this threads title.

“The grass is always greener on the otherside”

What makes you believe that GT would be better with no Kaz? Other than your opinion that great minds could do better with less pressure?

Lewis would be the antithesis to that statement.

Edit: Would have to substitute minds for drivers ofc.

to free up Kaz a bit more and take pressure off of him.
to someone else so that's their headache and less of a headache for him.
I do think someone else should take on the role of project manager so he's less pressurised.
I'm wondering how you can seem so certain that Kaz is under pressure and has headaches.

Has he told you this personally or have you heard him say that in an interview somewhere?

In my eyes Kaz seems to be one of the coolest cats in the industry, he always seem to be cool, calm and collected whenever we see him at events and in interviews. You make it sound as if your words are true.

I'm wondering how you can seem so certain that Kaz is under pressure and has headaches.

Has he told you this personally or have you heard him say that in an interview somewhere?

In my eyes Kaz seems to be one of the coolest cats in the industry, he always seem to be cool, calm and collected whenever we see him at events and in interviews. You make it sound as if your words are true.
He is
kaz3.gif

Not sure who can replace Kaz. and that is not important except sometimes you end up with too many yes men around you after a while. So there is that risk...

In any case I want GT 7. I want the meat and potatoes of the GT Franchise in better grphics, better weather, better everything. is all. I don't care for the peripherals BS like timelapse and other "Misc" sideshow stuff. :)

Last edited:
So you guys are judging him based on how he behaves at public appearances... ok then, in that case, the rumour I caught wind of that Lewis Hamilton is delaying his contract talks to December is a total lie because he's happy and smiley on the podium... I mean, what the hell does Christian Wolfe know.

Not sure who can replace Kaz. and that is not important except sometimes you end up with too many yes men around you after a while. So there is that risk...

Peter Molyneux! ... joking of course.

If you ask me, I think Kaz is the exact opposite. He is too perfectionist to be able to handle something if he doesn't feel directly the pressure of time and all that comes with project management. So, under another project manager, he would just end up and illusionist with so many ideas and so much demand for perfection, that would probably wouldn't work at all.

I think this is the best we can get from Kaz and GT, anyway. It's a very unique and powerful brand with controversial decisions made, but always polished (and restricted) in it's own way.

Kaz is leaving behind 90% of his audience and taking the 10% geeks who have nothing better to in their lives down a rabbit hole

Hold up, so people who enjoy the game are now the so-called “10% of people who have nothing better to do in their lives?” Right. I’ll remind myself not to listen to anything else you have to say.

BRING BACK GT 7

How does one really

Bring back something that doesn’t

Exist in this world

~ a haiku about “Gran Turismo 7”

This thread is ****in absurd..
Fire Kaz? Really?? He has the best selling and probably the oldest/most original Playstation franchise and you want to fire him because you think he's ruining the company??

How do you mutants become so dramatic from a game which hasn't even been released yet?? sweet jesus.

Ok guys, you're right, Gran Turismo is 100% perfect and everyone who disagrees is a "moron", "troll", "aggressive" and "disrespectful" whilst being the one who's aggressively insulted by everyone else on the thread... let me guess, this is bit where everyone tells me to kill myself?

It's not about 100% perfection and it's not about disagreeing. Here is what happened: You went to the biggest Gran Turismo forum on the internet and filled your first post with insults towards the studio and towards the producer, called them lazy, their decisions idiotic, their product a joke and asked for Kaz to be fired.

I won't get drug into any arguments here. Simply put? I chose to cancel my preorder for GT Sport after playing the demo.

I don't care for it (mostly over the lack of a career (single player) mode of any substance), so I won't be paying for it. That's how I vote.

After career mode, the thing I am going to miss the most?, the next best feature was in online play, called "Dirty xxxx" e.g. Dirty NASCAR. Etiquette? The rule was ..no Etiquette. the only Etiquette was no driving in the opposite direction.

I really miss Dirty NASCAR! Oh that was my fav part of online. Dirty NASCAR was the best thing after Career mode. Total Hilarity online... OMG! I used to be part of a regular gang.. that was such fun. Miss that so much.

What a bunch of killjoys who took that away. That was the most popular title during online play. "Dirty xxxx"

The finishing brawl at the finishing line was spectacular... After every race, I used to save it and put in repeat viewing while I get some real work done... Oh..the good ole days! Miss the GT Franchise!

Remember while in school when people are happy and doing happy and fun thing, one single geek comes along and tries be a killjoy and works with the school teacher to change the rules to stop the fun...So these geeks feel so important and special? That is what has happened to our GT Franchise! SIGH!

IF you ask me, the title of the thread should be "Should we the regular Joe's take back the control from the Geeks". :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok but I still don't agree about Kaz being put in charge of a different role. He isn't 100% perfect but he does have the experience to lead the role as the producer still. Did you ever know that he is also a professional race car driver? Also making a game hasn't been easy for PD and often PD has had to resort to delaying their games.

Why would you want to fire a game developer who has experience in professional racing in real life?

After career mode, the thing I am going to miss, the next best feature was in online play, called "Dirty xxxx" e.g. Dirty NASCAR. Etiquette? The rule was ..no Etiquette.

I really miss Dirty NASCAR! Oh that was my fav part of online. Dirty NASCAR was the best thing after Career mode. Total Hilarity online... OMG! I used to be part of a regular gang.. that was such fun. Miss that so much.

What a bunch of killjoys who took that away. That was the most popular title during online play. "Dirty xxxx"

The finishing brawl at the finishing line was spectacular... After every race, I used to save it and put in repeat viewing while I get some real work done... Oh..the good ole days! Miss the GT Franchise!

Remember while in school when people are happy and doing happy and fun thing, one single geek comes along and tries be a killjoy and works with the school teacher to change the rules to stop the fun...So these geeks feel so important and special? That is what has happened to our GT Franchise! SIGH!

IF you ask me, the title of the thread should be "Should we the regular Joe's takeback the control back from the Geeks". :cheers:

... and next years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back