Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Do a full refresh

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Keep it as it is, it's going to work out in the end

Votes: 126 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmaoo this is stupid. But if Kaz leave, I want to him on pc platform instead console gaming. Since He get more option and power. Plus he will get more backing connections in the industry or go be professional race driver. But any way this thread still stupid.

Interesting, almost fascinating how polarizing the new Racing Sims are perceived through the gaming planet. For a couple of weeks, Projects cars seemed to be either the greatest racing game in creation or lucifers coming to bring devastating hell on earth via virtual Motorsport. The same seems to happen to GT Sport now. But it´s entertaining stuff I have to say.

Firstly: I am not interested in buying it. After all i read, watched and heard about it (i started following the development quite early, being a GT-aficionado since 2001) and the new game just isn´t delivering enough compared to it´s competition and my perception of the perfect sim. Reason being I already own PC2 and AC, both of which are fantastic, rendering the Investment in GTS useless. I somehow can grasp OP´s Point of GT loosing it´s core Soul.Especially the GT mode and wealthy car/track list...but then again....Evolution Comes through Adaptation. Not only in animals, but in everything. And I think starting with GT5, GT has started to adapt to the new way people want. The classic layout just wasn´t viable in that state anymore. Let alone the work of thoroughly laser scanning and Rendering 1200 cars and all tracks imaginable. Madness. Everybody likes things from different eras belonging to the same Company/brand. Me too. But thats MY opinion.

There is however another facette to this: The General opinion of the public and more importantly, the future: remember that you are going on about a game that has not even been released. And I think this early, its not yet time to dump it into the ground categorically. And remember again: I am neither a hyper for the game nor will I be a customer.

We shall have a different view on Project Cars 2, Forza 7 and GTS in a year, when we all were "living with her" instead of "first date wooshy impressions".

Seen this time after time... typical of the moronic posts that pop up when a new GT franchise is due.

The forum is full of them... new members, compelled to start a new thread to have their personal whine.

Mods should just wield the ban hammer and get rid of them.

Seen this time after time... typical of the moronic posts that pop up when a new GT franchise is due.

The forum is full of them... new members, compelled to start a new thread to have their personal whine.

Mods should just wield the ban hammer and get rid of them.
The interesting thing is that these threads are much more prevalent in the GT section than outside. It's like GTPlanet is a red rag to those wanting to drive-by-complain about GT.

The good news is that the non-GT sections of GTPlanet are very civilized and enjoyable :D

P.S. I'd also love to know about PD's financial situation. Are they making a profit on GT sales despite the long development lead times on each game, are they a loss-leader for Sony to sell consoles and TVs, or is the truth somewhere in between?

I'm not a fan of these threads either but calling someone moronic isn't the best way to get your point across...not on GTP that is.

I did't call the poster moronic... just the type of post ;)

I don't log in too much here but when I do, it's because of these dumb threads.

Kaz is the founder, the god father of Gran Turismo that made millions of dollars for Sony, and will keep making millions with this iteration. what makes you think you have better ideas and suggest the idea of firing him? What do you do for living? You are one of his million buyers that's sitting behind your desk and does minimum to impact this world. Kaz has impacted this world in more than one ways so far in his career working under Sony. Sony will not fire him. I've played all GT series including this demo and this **** is still the game changer that it has been all these years.
Care to explain how this latest version of GT is a game changer? What is it going to change? Every other dev going to add scapes? Every editor? It's been done. Esports, online rating? It's been done? What does GT have other than polish that no other game has?

Overt and unnecessary hostility aside...
1) Fire Kazunori Yamauchi completely or relegate him to a consultant position
Not feasible. He owns the company.
2) Pull the plug on Polyphony and/or put Gran Turismo on a 10-year hiatus and reset:
Ignoring the first bit (which is ludicrous), we've kinda done that already. There were four years between GT3 and GT4. There were five years between GT4 and GT5. Even between GT5 and GT6 there were three years - and there's four between GT6 and GT Sport. Compare to three games in the first four years...

Apparently you think it's all gone wrong since GT4. Well the gap between GT4 and GT5 was the biggest there's ever been for a GT game. That didn't work. And what exactly is GT Sport but a complete reset/refresh of the game? The tagline was literally "Burn it to the ground"...

I'd like to see the franchise split off into two different games, one following the eSport path and the other following a more traditional path. Forza has been successful with doing that.

Not saying I want a GT game with a bro-fest EDM festival overlay, but something more open world with fictional tracks would be cool, especially if they focused mainly on street cars. Think of an amateur racing type game with some open world elements.

Fire Kaz because you don't like the game?
H7vljHu.gif

I never at any point said I didn't like the game, I quite clearly said it feels good to play, you're all being typical trolls and shoving words in someone's mouth. I'm just saying gameplay aside, there's a lot of chinks in the armour, and maybe a change of leadership might address those, but you guys go ahead and throw more words in my mouth in your ever thirstful hunt for insults. Let me guess, apparently I'm a Forza fanboy? Apparently I own Project CARS? Are you now going to assume that I'm an Xbox owner and am apparently a moron? Oh and what was it according to the other guy? I'm apparently jobless and don't account for anything? Yeah, totally insults right? Let me guess, I'm the one who needs to change their tone?

So basically what we've established here is that you absolutely must like Gran Turismo Sport 100% and never admit it's floors otherwise everyone will make assumptions, put words in your mouth, make subtle & un-subtle insults, label you a moron, and then claim that you're the one who's insulting people... oh by the way great fair and balanced moderating on here. 👍

Last edited:
Oh, a "Kaz needs to be fired" thread. How original.

I'm simply giving my take on things to see what everyone else thinks on the same issues, if you can't do that without resorting to diatribes then what even is the point of a forum?.

You've voiced your criticism in a very aggressive and disrespectful manner, so you're hardly in a position to demand respectful responses back.

What I find strange about your post is that you claim to be a professional designer and e-sports-whatever-unspecified-stuff-you-did-there-worker, and yet you don't seem capable of providing any constructive feedback or displaying at least a minimum of respect for what would essentially be colleagues of yours. Why is that?

I voted *Keep it as it is, it's going to work out in the end

But that's pretty much the same answer as "Do a full refresh", because that is essentially what GT Sport is. Also, I think this poll would be more suited for a point in time when we actually have some hard data to judge the game's sales performance.

@CConspicuous That's a good point about the consultant/advisory role - hopefully when Kaz does decide to retire, he will switch to that type of role for a racing game franchise (hopefully GT). The genre desperately needs to retain his design influence.

I never at any point said I didn't like the game, I quite clearly said it feels good to play, you're just being typical GTPlanet trolls and shoving words in someone's mouth. I'm just saying gameplay aside, there's a lot of chinks in the armour, but you guys go ahead and throw more words in my mouth in your ever thirstful hunt for insults.

:lol:

You joined GTP today, and your 1st post is titled 'Time to fire Kaz or pull the plug?'.

What sort of response did you expect?

Should I cancel my order... I do not have 100% dedicated time to get into it.. I Prefer the career mode that we had so I can enter a race and finish it and get out and enter another race that I like. thats it

I hate those time race and crap like that... those Misc items.. Now the Misc stuff has become the main part.

GT you scuk!

Ok guys, you're right, Gran Turismo is 100% perfect and everyone who disagrees is a "moron", "troll", "aggressive" and "disrespectful" whilst being the one who's aggressively insulted by everyone else on the thread... let me guess, this is bit where everyone tells me to kill myself?

Should I cancel my order... I do not have 100% dedicated time to get into it.. I Prefer the career mode that we had so I can enter a race and finish it and get out and enter another race that I like. thats it

I hate those time race and crap like that... those Misc items.. Now the Misc stuff has become the main part.

GT you scuk!
I guess there will be more races in the mission section like the endurance race

Oh, a "Kaz needs to be fired" thread. How original.

You've voiced your criticism in a very aggressive and disrespectful manner, so you're hardly in a position to demand respectful responses back.

What I find strange about your post is that you claim to be a professional designer and e-sports-whatever-unspecified-stuff-you-did-there-worker, and yet you don't seem capable of providing any constructive feedback or displaying at least a minimum of respect for what would essentially be colleagues of yours. Why is that?

Oh but according to your friend on the first page I'm apparently amounting to nothing....

Ok guys, you're right, Gran Turismo is 100% perfect and everyone who disagrees is a "moron", "troll" and "disrespectful" whilst being the one who's insulted by everyone else on the thread... let me guess, this is bit where everyone tells me to kill myself?

That's not what we are saying at all. You would gain a lot more credibility In your opinion if you were non biased about It. Your Poll quite frankly is ridicules. We're all entitled to our opinion but many threads like this pop up each day and for that reason we have the thread I posted If you choose to go down that route If not. Have an open discussion and not elute to the Series Creator. CEO being removed from his position. It's Just ridicules.

You would gain a lot more credibility In your opinion if you were non biased about It.

How exactly am I being biased? I've clearly praised the way the game plays, and as for the Kaz part, you've got to remember that by profession he technically is not a project manager or a product manager, a management change might prove to be very productive, also I'm not going to assume that everyone understands what "reassign" means.

Who do you think you are? Why do you think that just because the game doesn’t have all the features YOU want, you can then come and create such an stupid post asking people if they think Kaz should be fired!?

The people who like GT Sport are really tired and sick of people crying about GT not being the same

As someone mentioned before, don’t like it, don’t buy it, simple as that, or even better, go and create your own game in less than 4-5 years, and make it better than what PD has created so everybody will be happy about it.

Grow up, is just a game!

How exactly am I being biased? I've clearly praised the way the game plays, and as for the Kaz part, you've got to remember that by profession he technically is not a project manager or a product manager, a management change might prove to be very productive, also I'm not going to assume that everyone understands what "reassign" means.

Need I remind you that your thread title is the Following:

"Time to fire Kaz or pull the plug?"

It's absurd. Thread should be closed.

I voted *Keep it as it is, it's going to work out in the end

But that's pretty much the same answer as "Do a full refresh", because that is essentially what GT Sport is. Also, I think this poll would be more suited for a point in time when we actually have some hard data to judge the game's sales performance.

@CConspicuous That's a good point about the consultant/advisory role - hopefully when Kaz does decide to retire, he will switch to that type of role for a racing game franchise (hopefully GT). The genre desperately needs to retain his design influence.

I know gt is Kaz's 'baby' but I don't know much more having played gt4 on ps2 which was awesome (did prefer dtm2). Then only to return for gts (never had a ps3).

Well I won't, lack of content and nothing they have is new... Yeah scapes something I personally don't care for. (I'm happy it exist for all hwo does care)
But most of all I won't buy due to Kaz's communication he's often on the edge of straightup lies... I know I'm a minority but there are valid reasons to think cutting Kaz wouldn't be wrong. Now it could still be smart to keep him on the team...

But the thing I'd like to know is, what great changes/dezigns has Kaz accomplished in gt5, gt6 and gts?
As I said I have jo experience with these games and was wondering what they did revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back