Time Trial #54

Not sure what deserves more respect... Doodle using a pad and beating 99.9% of wheel users, or you beating 100% of everyone using chase cam :bowdown: :lol:

Stotty,
BanditKarter,

First well done Stotty i see you have moved up.
I was just catching up on past posts and reading Bandits post on his car was feeling different and replaced it with a new one. I had exactly the same thing earlier in the week and replaced it.
Its the torque that has gone up. Eventually it exceeded PP so i dirtied the oil with b-spec. Now its 655bhp 81.3kgfm @ 580pp Power@91.1%. IMO stick with the new one, if you want to try mine its on share now.

Stotty,
BanditKarter,

I was just catching up on past posts and reading Bandits post on his car was feeling different and replaced it with a new one. I had exactly the same thing earlier in the week and replaced it.
Its the torque that has gone up. Eventually it exceeded PP so i dirtied the oil with b-spec. Now its 655bhp 81.3kgfm @ 580pp Power@91.1%. IMO stick with the new one, if you want to try mine its on share now.

Okay thanks :) I might give it a shakedown in the morning, I was thinking of doing the same with mine :)

EDIT: Just done a quick calculation that might be useful for some people :)
At 100mph one car length is equal to 0.098 of a second so almost a tenth :)

Last edited:
Stotty,
BanditKarter,

Are you saying a brand new car (with no oil change) can run higher power than one that's got dirty oil?

I think mine makes 659 or 660bhp with full weight reduction and full ballast at pos 50.

I'd expect the car to make maybe 670 with dirty oil (with less torque).

Are you saying a brand new car (with no oil change) can run higher power than one that's got dirty oil?

I think mine makes 659 or 660bhp with full weight reduction and full ballast at pos 50.

Just going to check, i was going to mention check the settings but i think they are correct. hang on.

Settings correct, full ballast 50, oil is black no warning light yet. What i said, is what i've got.
655bhp/6400rpm 80kgfm/5800rpm on 'current performance' 81.3kgfm on 'graph'.

EDIT: Im not saying either one was faster than the other. Its swings and roundabouts to me, compairing ghosts some areas i gained and some areas i lost time. They were equal in lap time. The difference was between the outer ring and infeild. One of the cars i seemed to get up through the gears quicker but had to break earlier. I think that was the dirty oil one, i tried both cars each with the ghost of the other.

Your the better driver you may see it different, try it. Back on share.

Last edited:
Settings correct, full ballast 50, oil is black no warning light yet. What i said, is what i've got.
655bhp/6400rpm 80kgfm/5800rpm on 'current performance' 81.3kgfm on 'graph'.

EDIT: Im not saying either one was faster than the other. Its swings and roundabouts to me, compairing ghosts some areas i gained and some areas i lost time. They were equal in lap time. The difference was between the outer ring and infeild. One of the cars i seemed to get up through the gears quicker but had to break earlier. I think that was the dirty oil one, i tried both cars each with the ghost of the other.

Your the better driver you may see it different, try it. Back on share.

Ah, OK... so run in, it makes more torque (mine has 78kgfm), so you have to run the limiter to reduce the power... might be that if the oil is really dirty (oil light on) it would reduce the torque enough to allow higher power.

With this one, I wouldn't want more torque... it's tricky enough on corner exits as it is :lol:

Ah, OK... so run in, it makes more torque (mine has 78kgfm), so you have to run the limiter to reduce the power... might be that if the oil is really dirty (oil light on) it would reduce the torque enough to allow higher power.

With this one, I wouldn't want more torque... it's tricky enough on corner exits as it is :lol:

Makes sense. I agree about the amount of torque, it made it more of a handfull.
I had better consistency with the new 659bhp and knowing in the right hands it was capable of better times than i can manage i thought i had a better chance of improving times. Lets face it its not the car that needs improving its me.

Well lads iv just had Internet put into my house so i can now race online woo hoo. Iv been using the Internet off my iPhone to set times but its not good enough for a smooth online race. Hope to have some races with you guys if your on today because I'm having the afternoon off work :-)

Got dropped back from 40th to 47th within a few hours earlier, so put on my racing socks once more and managed a 1:17.397 for 33rd (at this stage).
No changes in setup, just driving the car a little more precisely. Hope to get a bit more out of it in this session.

Got dropped back from 40th to 47th within a few hours earlier, so put on my racing socks once more and managed a 1:17.397 for 33rd (at this stage).
No changes in setup, just driving the car a little more precisely. Hope to get a bit more out of it in this session.

Well done mate great time :-)

I was 0.072 up on my best time coming into the last sector this morning :D Unfortunately I can't seem to get the last sector right at the moment :(

I reckon your T3 is pretty much perfect.

On a good lap, I was losing c.0.15 in T1 and c.0.15 in T2... even on my best lap I lost over another 0.3 in T3... the speed carried thorugh the left at the top of the hill and subsequent advantage carried down to the final corner makes a huge difference.

Unfortunately my Narcolepsey has been getting the better of me lately and i am experiencing hallucinations now, only managing short stints. I'm just going to have to get some rest. I will try again before the deadline.

I wouldn't be beating yourself up if you can't keep in contact with my ghost through there :) It was unbelievably good :)

You are unbelievably good on all sectors, 0.5-0.6 secs at second split then i lose just as much time in the last sector.

I'm off to bed now.:eek:

Well done mate great time :-)

cheers. :) I'm happy enough with my progress, but always wanting that little bit more. I've been tooling around with one point adjustments on cambers and toes, and some of the changes are quicker... but more difficult to handle.
I did manage to knock 0.002 off my time for a .395 :rolleyes:

Quiet in here tonight... has everyone given up on improving as a new Seasonal is due Thursday?

Haven't quite got the time I want at Eiger yet, but I did manage to chip a couple of tenths off for 20th place... hoping to get another final run in tomorrow and get a top 20 on both :)

Hey guys, I'm back out of the hospital. I'll try to keep it brief as not to hi-jack the thread too much.

Detox was a bitch. It was like 3 days of living hell but I have fully recovered off the narcotics and barbituates now and feel great.

As for the back operation, that went well also. I'm supposed to have bedrest for the next week, but you know me, as soon as I can get myself in my playseat, I'm going to be off and racing.

Look forward to starting back up the friendly competitions again that I really miss the most. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line and let you guys know everything is well and will be back at it when I can. Peace.

Mitch "CargoRatt"
NGU

Hey guys, I'm back out of the hospital. I'll try to keep it brief as not to hi-jack the thread too much.

Detox was a bitch. It was like 3 days of living hell but I have fully recovered off the narcotics and barbituates now and feel great.

As for the back operation, that went well also. I'm supposed to have bedrest for the next week, but you know me, as soon as I can get myself in my playseat, I'm going to be off and racing.

Look forward to starting back up the friendly competitions again that I really miss the most. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line and let you guys know everything is well and will be back at it when I can. Peace.

Mitch "CargoRatt"
NGU

Proper glad everything went well, was worried about you.

Mitch "CargoRatt"
NGU

Welcome back Mitch... glad to hear everything has gone well 👍

To quote Homer... 'Mmmmmm, morphine' ;) :D

Thanks guys, thanks very much. Just glad to be off the addictive drugs. Also, the back operation is supposed to be the last one which just to tie up some loose ends, if you will. Anyways, just glad to be off those drugs. They detoxed me first so that they could gove me non-narcotics after the operation. Anyhow, just feels good to be off them things as they were beginning to rule my life.

Welcome back to the 'Rat race'.

Good to see you have everything pretty much sorted out now.

I see you were having another crack at it a while ago. You will no doubt be pleased to see I was unable to reach your time. Not that I haven't tried to.

Welcome back to the 'Rat race'.

Good to see you have everything pretty much sorted out now.

I see you were having another crack at it a while ago. You will no doubt be pleased to see I was unable to reach your time. Not that I haven't tried to.

That was just me doing some b-spec races. Still too sore to get into my playseat. Anyhow, I wasn't worried about you reaching my score, lol. I rest easy at night knowing you will never beat me, lol. Good to be back eh mate?

That was just me doing some b-spec races. Still too sore to get into my playseat. Anyhow, I wasn't worried about you reaching my score, lol. I rest easy at night knowing you will never beat me, lol. Good to be back eh mate?

Ha ha, after reading the above I doubt anyone here would believe you wouldn't care if I beat you.

Of course I purposely didn't try too hard while you were crook as I didn't want to take advantage of you while you were incapacitated.

Thanks guys, thanks very much. Just glad to be off the addictive drugs. Also, the back operation is supposed to be the last one which just to tie up some loose ends, if you will. Anyways, just glad to be off those drugs. They detoxed me first so that they could gove me non-narcotics after the operation. Anyhow, just feels good to be off them things as they were beginning to rule my life.

Well if your not gonna have the drugs send them my way im in a lot of pain not being able to make top 50 on here with all the fast freaks lol

Back