Time trial #58

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 144 comments
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
leexr2i
Formula Gran Turismo: Madrid City Course Time Trial Period of Availability: 2013/03/21 03:00 – 2013/04/04 04:00 Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

BMW Z4 M Coupe ’08: Grand Valley Speedway Time Trial Period of Availability: 2013/03/21 03:00 – 2013/04/04 04:00 Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

I'm very excited by these! Can't wait to have a go tonight!

I'm not near my ps3, anyone know the tyre restrictions? And any forced aids?

Last edited:
All aids Off
Sport Hard for formula and Comfort Soft for BMW

I very love that cars! Hope for good result in leaderboards =)

No Chris, stock cars only, SRF is forced off and RA menu is available

I really didn't think PD would do this with a standard car! Can't wait to have a go! Stock cars is good for me at the moment as I don't have much time to play and I can concentrate on the driving side of things!

Can I ask if anybody alters the BB or TC during the race, so you have different settings for certain corners?
Or is it that you just set it up that works best and use those settings all the way round?
I imagine that TC is always off but maybe there is an advantage with making BB changes for slower/faster corners?

Since there is no tuning, I guess the focus is now on the small advantages

Thanks all :)

IMMORTALPILOT is about to win another formula seasonal :lol:

And for the Madrid course, I'd recommend
more rear brake. Helps the car turn under braking.

No Chris, stock cars only, SRF is forced off and RA menu is available

Thanks 👍

I'll reserve judgement until I've tried them, but IIRC, the BMW has a lot of understeer on stock suspension :(

Can I ask if anybody alters the BB or TC during the race, so you have different settings for certain corners?
Or is it that you just set it up that works best and use those settings all the way round?

Personally, I find a brake balance that works best across the whole lap... it would be tricky to change this mid lap. Generally, I use a more rearwards brake balance as it allows 1) better trail braking, and 2) some brake release oversteer.

Thanks 👍

I'll reserve judgement until I've tried them, but IIRC, the BMW has a lot of understeer on stock suspension :(

It certainly does on comfort tyres! Rear brake bias helps 👍

IMMORTALPILOT is so quick! I loaded his Ghost Replay to use when I was trying to get Gold on the FGT event and he just flys away. I'm five entire seconds slower than him. Got the Gold though.

For the Madrid course, I'd recommend
more rear brake. Helps the car turn under braking.

And I recommend less rear brake ;) Helps the car to stay put during braking and not lose the rear end. I used a balance of 5/3, worked like a charm for me.

And I recommend less rear brake ;) Helps the car to stay put during braking and not lose the rear end. I used a balance of 5/3, worked like a charm for me.

Last time I ran the FGT I think I ran 8/3 to keep the back end from stepping up under braking on Monaco..

IMMORTALPILOT is so quick! I loaded his Ghost Replay to use when I was trying to get Gold on the FGT event and he just flys away. I'm five entire seconds slower than him. Got the Gold though.

Haha I race in a league with immortal and yes hes rapido!! theirs only a couple of tracks i can keep up with him lol. cant wait to try the fgt out :)

I seriously hope an F1 team recognises IMMORTAL's talent soon, then he can stop terrorising us normal humans. :lol:

Thanks 👍

Personally, I find a brake balance that works best across the whole lap... it would be tricky to change this mid lap. Generally, I use a more rearwards brake balance as it allows 1) better trail braking, and 2) some brake release oversteer.

I Like The Brake Release oversteer Too. But Can I Ask Why People Turn The Front Down To Like 2/4 Instead Of Just Turning The Rear Up To Like 5/7?

What's The Advantage Of Turning Them Both Down? Less Braking Force, For More Smooth Cornering?

P.s. Since The Latest Android Update My Phones Been Putting A Capitol Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word. Lol Ewww

I Like The Brake Release oversteer Too. But Can I Ask Why People Turn The Front Down To Like 2/4 Instead Of Just Turning The Rear Up To Like 5/7?

What's The Advantage Of Turning Them Both Down? Less Braking Force, For More Smooth Cornering?

P.s. Since The Latest Android Update My Phones Been Putting A Capitol Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word. Lol Ewww

Every word apart from oversteer.. Lol

i use 9/4 bias for FGT, 01:02.989 after few white laps.
still have not found good break points.
i`m too lazy to watch replays - what gear you u use for low speed corners and last chicane ?
For me 3rd is very nice.

I mean Racing Hard :D
Sorry =)

Damn, you got my hopes up there for a second. The FGT is a lot more fun on sports tires, although hards would be a bit slidey. The only cars that I really enjoy driving on race hards are the LMP/Group Cs.

Still sounds like fun, I tend to enjoy the stock TTs more(as long as you can adjust the brakes and turn the aids off).

After about 2 hours, I managed to get down to a 1:01.865. I could still improve in the first 2 sectors by a couple of tenths so if I get a perfect run I'll be looking at a 1:01.6xx.

Don't care much for the FGT so I'm putting my efforts into Grand Valley. Currently sitting at 173rd with a time of 2:14.511. Never really driven this car before but seems like a good little car to sling around the track. Fun little combo as I always like hotlapping on this track.

Spent another 15 minutes on each TT after 2 laps last night and brought my times down to a 1:02.178 on Madrid and 2:12.706 on GV.

Back