Time Trial #63 880PP Formula GT/480PP Subaru Impreza

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 986 comments
How cool is it that people put their good name and reputations on the line to beat someone whom they believed was cheating. Only to get busted and loose respect for themselves while their target is now found to be innocent and has gained back some lost respect. To funny

How cool is it that people put their good name and reputations on the line to beat someone whom they believed was cheating. Only to get busted and loose respect for themselves while their target is now found to be innocent and has gained back some lost respect. To funny

i am starting to feel some sympathy for ip, or is more like empathy? i envisage him driving with his cutlass clenched between his teeth trying to find the missing 3 hundreds of a seconf. i hope will he will manage.

go ip go

@ Stotty and Gigiro,

I never resigned from the GTD team, the GTD team simply came to a point where they did not want me. But that was a long time ago and never involved cheating(ironically I was accused of hiding my setups from the GTD communityat that time).

I always thought of the GTD community as a very competitive one but never one of cheaters, so I am as susprised as everyone else.

Hi Screp,

So just a coincidence that you left just as this was all starting... my apologies for interpreting your earlier post incorrectly.

I'm suprised by Mixi and Bannami - I've chatted to them on occasion via PSN and I would have sworn neither of them would do this. Very surprising.

It's a shame for the site - I'm sure the vast majority of members are clean and fair, but unless the mods act against those involved the whole site gets the same reputation.

Screep, I'm sorry I did not understand what was written by Stotty.
I also had read a few pages ago that you were surprised to see the GTD cheating.
For this I did not understand, and I interpretable badly.

Since I have the opportunity to talk to you, I have a question: why do not you do more despite the team for months, run again with GTD_ ID?

The thing is, if Sphinx can find out they're cheating, it surely can't be too hard for PD to find out who's cheating.

I just downloaded one of the top 10s replay to follow his ghost and his tyres showed as comfort hard(c). Can someone explain that. The strange thing is he's going slower than me over the start line (this never happens normally) but then flies past on braking into the first corner. There's no visible aero on his car so why is he slower than me on the straights but lapping 3s faster? On CH tyres!

Meanwhile in the other TT, Ramon and Dragon_Race1 have reached the 1:31.7s! 👍

Had a bit of fun earlier with Formula GT time trial. Still can't do chicane though, I think if I can be consistent and fast on that, then maybe I could do mid 1:09s. I was getting better the more I tried but did not really have anymore time to spend on it. It was interesting trying also different techniques on same corners resulting in similar outcome. You need to drive close to knife edge to get most out of it though. It would have been much easier to get maximum from car if it wasn't for the back-torque limiter. Hopefully GT6 gets rid of it. Adapting driving style to take that into account is key to getting a fast lap on this combo.

I assume Sphinx got the info from PD

No, he's just been doing this for a really long time and is very knowledgable when it comes to this sort of thing. He used to be the WRS Admin. and has many, many years of replay verification experience and knows a lot of things that many are unaware of today because it's been forgotten over time.

No, he's just been doing this for a really long time and is very knowledgable when it comes to this sort of thing. He used to be the WRS Admin. and has many, many years of replay verification experience and knows a lot of things that many are unaware of today because it's been forgotten over time.

So no concrete proof, just his incredible ability to read every nuance of a replay, I hope it's more than that for the sake of those he has banned!

I notice GTP_Penelope has been banned, I don't believe for one second she has cheated !!!

Too bad to hear that she's being banned, I hope it's only temporary. I don't know what's causing it, her posts in this thread doesn't seem to violate any AUP.

I think Penelope was banned for what she wrote on this forum

For voicing an opinion shared by many, yes I saw what she wrote before it was deleted, funny how IP is on that admins friends list isn't it! Oops guess I am next for the ban, how depressing :scared:

So no concrete proof, just his incredible ability to read every nuance of a replay, I hope it's more than that for the sake of those he has banned!

I notice GTP_Penelope has been banned, I don't believe for one second she has cheated !!!

I didn't say that he didn't have concrete proof. There is more to it than just watching a replay. Like I said, he knows alot of things that many people are not aware of because they may have been forgotten over time. I trust Sphinx 100%. Trust me, he would not have done what he did if he wasn't 100% sure he knew.

Also, being on the an Admins friends list has nothing to do with anything. You can still be banned/reprimanded the same as you could if you wern't on any friends list.

Last edited:
I didn't say that he didn't have concrete proof. There is more to it than just watching a replay. Like I said, he knows alot of things that many people are not aware of because they may have been forgotten over time. I trust Sphinx 100%. Trust me, he would not have done what he did if he wasn't 100% sure he knew.
I'm sure he did have concrete proof and so do I, but you just can't post everything in this forum for reason 👍

Also, being on the an Admins friends list has nothing to do with anything. You can still be banned/reprimanded the same as you could if you wern't on any friends list.

I was simply stating that it's a bit strange that someone like Penelope gets banned for what in reality was nothing, and that IP and that admin are on each others friends list, sounds like someone went crying to mummy and Penelope is the victim of a heavy handed admin !!!

I was simply stating that it's a bit strange that someone like Penelope gets banned for what in reality was nothing, and that IP and that admin are on each others friends list, sounds like someone went crying to mummy and Penelope is the victim of a heavy handed admin !!!

This won't look good to mods, just a friendly reminder.

We don't know for sure what happened. There are more ways to get banned than just what you see happening on the forums.

This won't look good to mods, just a friendly reminder.

Yes they do seem to be a mite heavy handed at the moment, well I only speak the truth, if they don't like it hard luck, they should act in a way that is expected of someone in that position.

Yes they do seem to be a mite heavy handed at the moment, well I only speak the truth, if they don't like it hard luck, they should act in a way that is expected of someone in that position.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I haven't witnessed any thing out of the unordinary as far as banning goes and I really don't see anything wrong with the job that they are doing. And just for the record, I'm not on anyone of their friends list.

Well it's all over bar the shouting, and I'm happy with my time at Motegi of 1:33.352 putting me at position 292.

I guess that means I am the two hundred and ninety second best driver in the world here.

And unlike some, at least I have had a go and done my best, instead of just talking my way through this TT.

I know which result carries the most weight.

Back