Time Trial #64 Stock X2010 Prototype/Stock Mazda Roadster RS

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 280 comments
I am using 6/4 too, tried 6/3 first, then 6/4, then some higher ones but settled back to 6/4. I wonder how low first sector can go, are you using chase camera for this TT?

Yeah, I think .288 is probably more or less the limit, I braked at the right point and got a great exit, I actually saved the replay of it 👍 Yes, I'm using chase camera, I don't think it's the best for this TT, since I can't see the front end of the car I hit the inside barrier very often, but I'm used to it so I can't really switch to the other ones easily.

What brake balance are you using? I've done a 16.288 first sector, using 6/4 BB, I can't decide if 6/4 or 6/3 is the best for the rest of the lap though 💡

Does the brake balance make that much of a difference? I mean, I've been tinkering with the brake balance on this TT ( and I'm quite comfortable with a 7/3 distribution ) and I seemed to be able to brake a bit later.
But then I realized it might as well be that I'm just starting to gel with the track. So could I benefit from changing the brake balance to 6/4 as opposed to the 7/3 I'm using now?

Does the brake balance make that much of a difference? I mean, I've been tinkering with the brake balance on this TT ( and I'm quite comfortable with a 7/3 distribution ) and I seemed to be able to brake a bit later.
But then I realized it might as well be that I'm just starting to gel with the track. So could I benefit from changing the brake balance to 6/4 as opposed to the 7/3 I'm using now?

Using 6/4 instead of 7/3 should allow you to turn the car easier on the brakes 👍

What part of the concrete use talking about? I've finaly hit the 03.6 flat now noticed on my ghost can go a .3 faster.. those first sector splits are crazy i have luckily goten 16.380 afew times.. i run bb of 4/2

I picked 6/4 when I started as well, I tried 6/3 but felt I didn't have enough, 6/4 definitely seems to provide this so I'm with you guys 👍

I've only done a few stints so this is my fastest lap to date:

[Youtube]ZTKbQb_DlPA[/media]​

I picked 6/4 when I started as well, I tried 6/3 but felt I didn't have enough, 6/4 definitely seems to provide this so I'm with you guys 👍

This video is worth its length in gold 👍 :D
After watching it a couple of times I realized that I was braking too late for the last corner:dunce:
So I fired up GT5, ran a couple of laps and managed to go from a 01:05.459 to a 01:05.031 . :D

Brilliant lap.
Can't believe you did 29 consecutive laps without hitting a wall. I couldn't
manage half a dozen.

Hope you decide to get one soon pmjg without waiting for GT6, you've been a great help here for me and for many others with your cars and tunes.

Of course the upside is that I will occasionally be at the top of my friends list again, but I'd trade that for your experience and help any day.
👍 thanks for the compliments Dalone,not sure if there will be any more tuning on GT5 tt from now,but cant see me spending so much money on a wheel soon.

Found I had to alter tunes for ds3 and wheel,there seems to be so much less lock available on the ds3 which causes bad under steer.

Time to play some of the games on ps+ i have not touched :)

Saidur_Ali
My top three sector 1 times are now 16.297, .298 and .299. Hopefully I manage to get a lap with a fast first sector and build on it. The last corner has cost me potential .9s so far so need to work on that. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone does a 1:02.6 as it seems quite possible.

You really think a .6 is possible? I just can't see that at all, the number one reply looks pretty much perfect, except the first turn and third turn where a small amount of time can't be made as I'm faster than number one by .017 and catch him slightly on that right bend. A .8 is certainly possible, but a .6 .......

Can one of you regular lap runners please have a quick go at London using AT and let me know how much time it is costing me to be lazy instead of using MT, manual gears?
Perhaps without any tuning I should use any advantage I have available.
Currently at 1:04.713 AT DS3 user. Never really got into using gears.
My question is Should I?
Thank you :)

Can one of you regular lap runners please have a quick go at London using AT and let me know how much time it is costing me to be lazy instead of using MT, manual gears?
Perhaps without any tuning I should use any advantage I have available.
Currently at 1:04.713 AT DS3 user. Never really got into using gears.
My question is Should I?
Thank you :)

I'll give it a lash tonight if I get time, though I use a wheel. Currently got a 104.2xx using MT. Definitely can find another 0.4-0.5 sec if I put 3 decent sector together :nervous:

I'll give it a lash tonight if I get time, though I use a wheel. Currently got a 104.2xx using MT. Definitely can find another 0.4-0.5 sec if I put 3 decent sector together :nervous:

Thanks for that Teitzy. Wheel or PS3, doesn't matter.
I was just wondering if it is 0.1 or 0.9 of a second difference between MT and AT? Hard to tell unless you can run lots of regular laps, I suppose?

Quick go and improved my time to a 1:03.048 could have challenged the P1 spot but I messed up the last sector.

EDIT: I've got my revision notes stuck on the wall next to my TV, hoping for a bit of diffusion! :lol:

I have been testing this morning a little while, I miss a lap with the first sector to 284!! but seeing that time scared me and I could not complete the lap looooool

great BB 6 4 first time test ;)

33.669 33.642 through first two sectors and 🤬 it up! Getting closer!

EDIT: New best first sector of .264

EDIT: Finally did the last corner well and got a 1:02.958 Left a bit of time in the first left hander of T3. Also left a bit of time in the corner before the start of T3. I'm not sure if a .7 is possible but a .8 should just about be possible 👍

Last edited:
33.669 33.642 through first two sectors and 🤬 it up! Getting closer!

EDIT: New best first sector of .264

EDIT: Finally did the last corner well and got a 1:02.958 Left a bit of time in the first left hander of T3. Also left a bit of time in the corner before the start of T3. I'm not sure if a .7 is possible but a .8 should just about be possible 👍

wow bandit! great lap...my time is no good but in the first sector with the "miguel" ghost i got -.032 than .897 is absolutely possible... .7xx i dont think..(before time trial end) ;)

the question is... ghost or not ghost... this is the problem...

wow bandit! great lap...my time is no good but in the first sector with the "miguel" ghost i got -.032 than .897 is absolutely possible... .7xx i dont think..(before time trial end) ;)

the question is... ghost or not ghost... this is the problem...

I'm using yinato's ghost still, I've been faster in both first and second sectors and I didn't get quite the right line through the first two corners of the last sector 👍

Miguel's first sector is 16.354 and I've done 16.264 so a 1:02.839 should definitely be possible 👍

1 sec behind the ghost of BanditKarter22 before the last corner and bam bam to sanyo....i think 7 or 8 times ....thanks a lot BanditKarter22 ...i hope that tomorrow will be my lucky day....i cant explain how i loose 0.6 sec in first sector (more practice maybe)...anyway 1.05.255 with my ds3.....a century behind the leaders...lol

how do i get rid of my own ghost? i hate him with a passion

I do a really slow lap(save) , and use that ghost. so it is always behind me

Think there is a button on pad you can use, never used it, as no space for it

Well I've improved to a 1:02.955 ! :lol: First 2 sectors pretty average but nailed the last 2 corners!

BanditKarter22
I'm using yinato's ghost still, I've been faster in both first and second sectors and I didn't get quite the right line through the first two corners of the last sector 👍

Miguel's first sector is 16.354 and I've done 16.264 so a 1:02.839 should definitely be possible 👍

A 16.251 is possible in sector one bandit, a little drift around the apex, soon as your past the apex full throttle.

Its just a shame I can't string a lap together lol.

Can someone give me some advice for the last two turns, I'm .106 off number one untill I get to the second to last turn, I'm losing .8 on those two turns!!!! And its driving me man :-(

oh my! :eek: watch what i wrote.... and the first did exactly .897! with DS3! maybe a cheater?!

Not a cheater. Dee is one of the fastest DS3 players in the world. Maybe just as fast as samurai.

Back