Time Trial #64 Stock X2010 Prototype/Stock Mazda Roadster RS

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 280 comments
Not a cheater. Dee is one of the fastest DS3 players in the world. Maybe just as fast as samurai.

I never thought this time would be possible with ds3. You remember kart space with suzuki we drove earlier this year! I think this tt is very similar to that one and if I remember correctly first ds3 was more than half a second behind first overall so I didn't expect anyone on ds3 to be in the top on this one. He is just incredible. I gave up the second day with 3,856. I see my perfect lap somewhere around 3,500 but I'm just not in the mood for this tt.

Had a 2 hour session with X1 and messed up two very good laps, both 1,13,8xx in the end but invalid. I'm sure my perfect lap is somewhere under 1,13,5 but I will be happy if I drive anything under 1,14,5 in the end. Lizard's lap is insane! He's driving like he's from another planet. Even Immortal can't close the gap under half a second, I didn't expect that.

I finally found some motivation to run laps at London after seeing Dee's lap. I switched back to the DS3 and ran a 1:03.338. Lost a half tenth in T1 and T2, and lost a tenth in T3. I thought that was very impressive with the DS3, but there are 6 other controller users in front of me. :lol:

I finally found some motivation to run laps at London after seeing Dee's lap. I switched back to the DS3 and ran a 1:03.338. Lost a half tenth in T1 and T2, and lost a tenth in T3. I thought that was very impressive with the DS3, but there are 6 other controller users in front of me. :lol:

Keep at it doodle 👍, I'd also say that about the wheel you'll soon be nailing laps on that wheel :D!

Just a post that some people might be interested in, I've just made a track guide of London... I do track guides when I can as I think they can be useful now and in the future... So hopefully this helps a few of you find that little bit more time!

Just a post that some people might be interested in, I've just made a track guide of London...

Your videos are always valuable 👍

(still hear your voice in my head, from your last year's academy video, when i drive at motegi... stay left, stay left... :D )

So.. i get really hard time to put in the same lap my best 1st/2nd sectors with my best 3rd sector... well, at least with no big loss at each one...
My current 1:03.758 was made with a 29.637 at 3rd sector (and a lost tenth at second to last right hander, silly loss, i can easily gain it in every lap, so a 29.5xx is doable), at the same lap that i lost more or less about .25x/.3xx at 1st/2nd sectors...
Now, i 've ran a million laps with 16.3xx at 1st and a 17.50x at 2nd, but in all of them my 3rd sector was a mess (either invalid or about 2 minutes... :ouch: )
All in all, i see a solid 1:03.4xx, but i think i 'll never manage it...

Had a 2 hour session with X1 and messed up two very good laps, both 1,13,8xx in the end but invalid. I'm sure my perfect lap is somewhere under 1,13,5 but I will be happy if I drive anything under 1,14,5 in the end. Lizard's lap is insane! He's driving like he's from another planet. Even Immortal can't close the gap under half a second, I didn't expect that.

I get the feeling Lizard has been running a lot, I can get the occasional okay lap, but can't nail down a truly good one due to lack of motivation for the specific track/car combo (stock? :banghead:) and the erratic penalties. I think IP may be having the same issues, just with a :censored:load more talent than me. :lol:

Good job Tidgney, slow motion is better appreciated ..

Your videos are always valuable 👍

(still hear your voice in my head, from your last year's academy video, when i drive at motegi... stay left, stay left... :D )

Cheers guys, I think thats the thing everyone remember from that video haha! Stay left... Stay left :D everyone hated that corner!

You really think a .6 is possible? I just can't see that at all, the number one reply looks pretty much perfect, except the first turn and third turn where a small amount of time can't be made as I'm faster than number one by .017 and catch him slightly on that right bend. A .8 is certainly possible, but a .6 .......
I think .6 is possible. It makes a huge difference if you get best traction possible in corners with this car. I did a 16.266 first sector but big thing is exit speed is so much greater that it also helps in second sector a lot. If that sector is nailed I think, it can be got below 17.3 . Final sector of 29.133 would be needed to get a .699 . Someone might achieve something faster by end of this TT. Last sector is hard to get right, feels great when you do but always seems to work out when I have a poor first and second sector and seems to be the case for many others.

Just improved to a 1:02.934 Could have been a mid .8 but I got a bad exit out the penultimate corner!

I agree with Saidur, a .6 is possible although I don't think we will see anyone even do a .7 before the end of the event. It's extremely hard to get every corner perfect, and due to the low power of the car you really have to get a corner exactly right to gain time, and the chances of someone doing this in every corner over 1 lap are very low, however it is possible, if you don't get so frustrated by the walls that you throw your PS3 out the window! :lol:

There are quite a few aliens running this TT so who knows, might be achieved by one of them.

Well done on improving 👍.

For some reason I still keep on messing up final sector when I have first two sectors done well :lol:.

My fastest first sector now is 16.257.

There are quite a few aliens running this TT so who knows, might be achieved by one of them.

Well done on improving 👍.

For some reason I still keep on messing up final sector when I have first two sectors done well :lol:.

My fastest first sector now is 16.257.

Thanks :) I had a couple of really good chances for a low .8 earlier. I was 33.610 at the second split and I was way ahead of the ghost I was using into the last corner but I just brake a bit too late, missed the apex and hit the wall on the exit, still the lap was a 3.004, that's how far ahead I was :lol: Hopefully I will manage to get the lap together before the end 👍

Sitting watching Le Mans in the wet so theyre not even on the kerbs that much... PD really need to revise the apex penalties for Sarthe for both online play and this unique tt setup we have! The different pens on the run out of some corners for this tt are terrible! Its like theyve just deleted a couple of penalty sections.

💡
Could someone who lives in UK, please, go to London and remove, not much, 10-15 cm that concrete things in front of sanyo sign...??? would be a huge help... thank you! :dopey:

On it! :P

Regarding the two events, can we do ANY adjustments to the two cars like change the brake balance and such? Thanks :)

Sadly, I won't take any more attempts with Mazda on London, because I'm going to the seaside :) I know I can shave off another two tenths off my record lap 1.03.492.
Put up a few good laps today, but not enough to break my record. Glad to be in the top 250. :)

Hello guys,

I'm pretty dissapointed with my performance in London TT. I tried different B/B settings, levels of control sensitive, even TCS and can't make a lap under 1:04.5xx
Could someone tell me what's the key?
I'm a regular top 1000 but it seems like in this ocassion I'll be out :(

Thanks :) I had a couple of really good chances for a low .8 earlier. I was 33.610 at the second split and I was way ahead of the ghost I was using into the last corner but I just brake a bit too late, missed the apex and hit the wall on the exit, still the lap was a 3.004, that's how far ahead I was :lol: Hopefully I will manage to get the lap together before the end 👍
Well done on achieving a low .8 now 👍. 33.610 is a very good second split, I am normally happy with something around 33.650. Last sector I still can't do when it matters, always seem to mess one of the corners up.

My G27 seems to have cooling issues since yesterday. In a 10 minute stint, it seemed to have FFB fading due to overheating. Tried at night when room temperature was cooler and still FFB faded quite quickly. Will probably try this TT again when I can be bothered to unmount G27 and try and fix it :lol:.

Well done on achieving a low .8 now 👍. 33.610 is a very good second split, I am normally happy with something around 33.650. Last sector I still can't do when it matters, always seem to mess one of the corners up.

My G27 seems to have cooling issues since yesterday. In a 10 minute stint, it seemed to have FFB fading due to overheating. Tried at night when room temperature was cooler and still FFB faded quite quickly. Will probably try this TT again when I can be bothered to unmount G27 and try and fix it :lol:.

I think my G27 was getting quite warm :scared:

On my fastest lap I actually was only at 33.667 at the second split but I nailed the next few corners 👍 Was a bit ragged round the last corner but somehow kept it out the barrier and kept the momentum up :lol:

I see you've just taken P1 Bandit. 👍 watched the replay and it is very smooth driving, well done! :)

Thanks 👍

Hello guys,

I'm pretty dissapointed with my performance in London TT. I tried different B/B settings, levels of control sensitive, even TCS and can't make a lap under 1:04.5xx
Could someone tell me what's the key?
I'm a regular top 1000 but it seems like in this ocassion I'll be out :(

I'm using controller sensitivity 7, don't know if it actually makes a difference anyway? For BB, I used 6/3 from the start until the 3rd sector, then I changed to 6/4 for the next few corners and then I changed back to 6/3 again for the last corner 👍

The key to this TT is confidence, you have to be comfortable with pushing the car as close as possible to the walls. Making sure you get the right lines is also crucial, watch some of the top replays if this helps, you can see what we do with the throttle and brake 👍
And PRACTICE! 👍

Last edited:
Can one of you regular lap runners please have a quick go at London using AT and let me know how much time it is costing me to be lazy instead of using MT, manual gears?
Perhaps without any tuning I should use any advantage I have available.
Currently at 1:04.713 AT DS3 user. Never really got into using gears.
My question is Should I?
Thank you :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back but haven't had a chance to run for a few days. I reckon on average I'm 0.5 sec slower using AT. I can get similar speed across the start/finish line but after the 1st corner my MT ghost is always a car length ahead and can never catch it. I think most folks would agree that MT is quicker.

I'm using controller sensitivity 7, don't know if it actually makes a difference anyway? For BB, I used 6/3 from the start until the 3rd sector, then I changed to 6/4 for the next few corners and then I changed back to 6/3 again for the last corner 👍

Congratz! now we can say that no only japans are kazu drones! ;)
so...do you used wheel or controller (cause you say sensivity 7) and you ar tell us that you change BB during the lap? you use the pause button? my problem is the last right corner before start line...

Congratz! now we can say that no only japans are kazu drones! ;)
so...do you used wheel or controller (cause you say sensivity 7) and you ar tell us that you change BB during the lap? you use the pause button? my problem is the last right corner before start line...

I use a G27, that's why I said I don't know if it makes a difference. You can't change BB while it's paused but there is plenty of time on the straights to change the BB from 6/3 to 6/4 👍
The last corner is pretty tricky, I almost crashed there on my fastest lap, you just have to make sure you brake at the right point, don't brake very hard, just dab the brakes, try not to get very much oversteer on entry and get on the throttle as early as possible, then hope that you miss the barriers 👍

The last corner is pretty tricky, I almost crashed there on my fastest lap, you just have to make sure you brake at the right point, don't brake very hard, just dab the brakes, try not to get very much oversteer on entry and get on the throttle as early as possible, then hope that you miss the barriers 👍

Yes that last corner has cost me plenty of 103.xx times (stuck on 104.2xx at the moment). The problem is when you look in the rear view mirror and see your ghost 2 car lengths behind and know you've got a PB in the offing and then kapow, you brake too early or late, get sideways & hit the barrier or save it and lose 0.4-5 sec in the process :banghead:

Congrats on P1 btw.

Yes that last corner has cost me plenty of 103.xx times (stuck on 104.2xx at the moment). The problem is when you look in the rear view mirror and see your ghost 2 car lengths behind and know you've got a PB in the offing and then kapow, you brake too early or late, get sideways & hit the barrier or save it and lose 0.4-5 sec in the process :banghead:

Congrats on P1 btw.

Thanks 👍
I did the same thing a few times, thankfully on this lap, even though I was a bit sideways and I missed the apex slightly I still managed to get a decent run out the corner, definitely lost a bit of time though 👍

Sorry for the delay in getting back but haven't had a chance to run for a few days. I reckon on average I'm 0.5 sec slower using AT. I can get similar speed across the start/finish line but after the 1st corner my MT ghost is always a car length ahead and can never catch it. I think most folks would agree that MT is quicker.

Thanks for the info Teitzy, much appreciated.
I am not surprised that MT is worth about half a second over AT. Perhaps I really should be giving it a go. :dopey:
Thanks again 👍

Bandit, congrats on getting #1 you are making this a habit!

Thanks for the info Teitzy, much appreciated.
I am not surprised that MT is worth about half a second over AT. Perhaps I really should be giving it a go. :dopey:
Thanks again 👍

Bandit, congrats on getting #1 you are making this a habit!

No worries mate.

Just had a minor fist pump moment as I managed a 103.949 :D Can definitely see another 0.3 sec if I can put 3 sectors together.

No worries mate.

Just had a minor fist pump moment as I managed a 103.949 :D Can definitely see another 0.3 sec if I can put 3 sectors together.

Well done 👍 You should have seen the size of the fist pump I did when I went P1! :lol:

Back