DoodleAM
This event will end in
img.php

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG: Nürburgring GP/F Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/06/27 03:00 - 2013/07/11 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Nürburgring GP/F, using the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG '08. Whether you set a good lap time here depends on how you handle the tight turns in the first half of the track.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Ferrari F10 Spa Francorchamps Wet Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/06/27 03:00 - 2013/07/11 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Spa Francorchamps, using the Ferrari F10 '10. How will you handle the slippery heavy wet conditions on the track?

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Last edited:
Yeah. Spa looks like a huge amount of fun! :D Sadly, I can't attempt this until Friday because I'm away from home.

Not that enthused about either of these. The Nurb GP/F is one of my least favourite tracks and not that strong in F1 cars. Will give them a go tonight and see what happens I suppose :D

The car is undrivable in dry conditions, now on wet... 2:22.543 and that's it for that TT

I'm going to give a try to the Merc :D

Amazed how PD is choosing new TTs. Stock cars! Like doodle, I'm going to be able to try this seasonal few days before its closing.

Well, I would like to try these, but unfortunately a system update is required before I can go online. Currently it keeps failing and saying it can't connect with the server or something, it's not my internet so I can only presume it's because there are so many people trying to download it :(

Bandit, I just got the update, it worked fine for me at 11:00.

I don't like standard cars, i *love* to mess with them. I loved the Impreza and hated the MX5 round London, i don't like London track either!
This one? No, i hate it! Sorry to be a moaning old *** but it's awful for me, the car (Mercedes) is too heavy and i could (would rather use) Sports Soft tyres. As for the ferrari, i'm not a fan of theirs anyway at all. In the last two decades there has been too much 'negativity' (let me call it) and win at all costs in the real world for me to be remotely interested in them!
👎
Oh and :nervous: :scared:
Oh, srf is OFF!
In Das boot (like this barge is the automotive equivalent of the Bismark :) :lol: ) SRF could have been left on!

Last edited:
Had a few goes in the Merc, won't touch the F10, and made it to 2:22 point something. Obviously there is plenty of room for improvement.

well these TT&DT are not very well thought out, I`m over the stock cars and FF drift , I cant understand why its so hard to limit drift trials so people cant wiggle

F10 at spa in heavy rain great challenge just did a few laps and set a 2.14 with huge room for improvement gonna be a great two weeks

I've finally been able to download it now :D Looks like I'll be having some fun today after all! :D

Well, I would like to try these, but unfortunately a system update is required before I can go online. Currently it keeps failing and saying it can't connect with the server or something, it's not my internet so I can only presume it's because there are so many people trying to download it :(

Try to download via PC and use offline update - safer :)

Download links for all PS3 region FW 4.46 :

ps3-system-update-4-46-live-now-download-links-here/

If your PS3 was broken by updating to 4.45 last week, the following information (from PlayStation) should hopefully see you right.

Step 1: Manually Download System Software

You will need a USB Mass Storage device such as a USB flash drive with at least 168 MB of free space. If your PS3 is either CECHA00/CECHB00 series model, you can also use Memory Stick™, SD Memory Card, and CompactFlash®.
Create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device.
Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.
Using your computer, click the following hyperlink to begin downloading system software 4.46
Download the update data from the webpage and save it in the “UPDATE” folder.
File name: Save as file name “PS3UPDAT.PUP”

Note: If the data is not saved in the correct way, the PS3 will not recognize the update data. The folder name must be in all uppercase letters.

Step 2: Activate Safe Mode

With the PS3 off (power light should be red), touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep indicating that the PS3 is powering on.
Continue to hold the power button, and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear a 2nd beep.
Continue to hold the power button and after 5 more seconds you’ll hear a 3rd beep, and system will power off (Power light goes red).
Release power button.
Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep, again for PS3 power on.
Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear the 2nd beep for video reset.
Continue to hold and after 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release power button.
If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on screen saying, “Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button”.
Connect a controller to the PS3 with a USB cable.

If you were not able to get into Safe Mode, your system may need service.

Step 3: Manually Update PS3 Software

Connect the storage media to PS3 system.
Select [6 - System Update] and Press X.
Please note: Data and settings may be deleted if you choose any of the first (5) options. Please make sure to only choose option [6 - System Update].
Press Start and Select at the same time.
The PS3 system will restart and recognizes the update file in the storage media.
Press right on the d-pad to scroll through the update description and user agreement.
Press X to confirm the update.
The system will now install the new system software and restart automatically upon completion.

Good luck!

Quoted from Thesixthaxis.com

For affected PS3 owners who don't have their console issues resolved by the latest patch, Sony has posted up an official support page.

PS3 4.45 - 4.46 Update Support Page - SCEA

@Doodle : what's the tire for F10 wet at Spa ?

Edit : Just checked, racing rain :) Any clue of the amount of water on the track surface ? Is it increasing/decreasing or static ? or random :scared: Have anyone spent lots of lap at Spa, the rain varied ?

Last edited:
/\ the Tyres on the (rear of the) ferrari look like chocholate Pirelli's to me! lol
Shonkygraphics.jp another division of Polyphony digital?
:lol:
shockingly poor quality!

The Mercedes is great fun- heavy car tough to keep on the track..

Managed a 2:17.045 currently 3rd, a 16 is possible :sly:

Using brake balance 10 8, works great

GTP_Cbastjan

Absolutely loving the f10 in the rain the concentration needed is immense short shifting soft on throttle and brakes started with just scrapping gold now I'm down to a 2:13.037 with lots to gain
As for the merc one of my least favourite cars on one of my favourite tracks

Finished my run today on 2:21.557 pos # 534 ....4.9 secs off the pace.

At this moment the fastest lap is 2:16.619.

I love the F10, so I was super excited to see this, but I was not expecting the rain. We will see how IMMORTAL does on this one 👍

I love the F10, so I was super excited to see this, but I was not expecting the rain. We will see how IMMORTAL does on this one 👍

Lack of grip compared to racing tire ( dry ) will probably put him off :)

Ran a 2:20 on the F10 for P541. I'm happy with that for now 👍

Might work on the Mercedes later. As I recall that car had tons of over steer last time I drove it, so I'll be sure to make lots of smoke on my lap :lol:

Love these tracks so I should do good overall with this TT. Running 7/5 brake balance with the Merc and 5/5 with the F10, ranked in the 500's to start thing off. Really takes a lot to drive the F10 smooth in the rain. The Merc is just oversteer, OVERSTEER happy like few others in the game.

Had a go at both of them today. Spa in the wet is great fun but hard to get round without having to go into drifting mode!
Merc C63 AMG: 2:22.552 (1886th)
Ferrari F10: 2:23.057 (2620th)
I could only manage to get 2 laps in with the Ferrari and I used about half an hour. Going to have another go on the weekend and will post some updated times then. 👍

BanditKarter, are you at Glan y Gors in your profile picture? Just wondering, as I race there sometimes.

Had a quick go and got a low 2:18 in the Merc. I seem to lose a lot if time around the Schumacher chicane, not sure if I should change down to 3rd gear or not

Last edited:
BanditKarter, are you at Glan y Gors in your profile picture? Just wondering, as I race there sometimes.

Had a quick go and got a low 2:18 in the Merc. I seem to lose a lot if time around the Schumacher chicane, not sure if I should change down to 3rd gear or not

Yes I am! That was in 2010 :)

Changed my brake balance to 9/7 in the Merc and got a low 2:19 (224th) so far and find myself keeping it in 3rd gear more than I would of thought. Loosing time in the "S" sections in sector two and the right hand sweeper before the long back straight. Maybe need to go into the corner a bit slower. Really need to adjust my lines to keep the car straight and on the power more.

Cannot find grip at the last fast left sweeping hander at Spa. Tried to enter at 169MPH and keep spinning out.

For Spa, brake balance 5/5 seems to be the most optimal setting. No fiddling around needed. And don't be afraid to slide around :nervous: some parts of the track..especially in some curves...
IMHO nót an easy seasonal event...:indiff:

Cannot find grip at the last fast left sweeping hander at Spa. Tried to enter at 169MPH and keep spinning out.

Try a non-traditional line through the corner, you may find more grip and you cannot touch the curbs at all from my experience.

Back