Time Trial #65 | Stock Mercedes Benz C63 AMG/Stock Ferrari F10

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 109 comments
I'm using a DS3. Excuse my limited knowledge of this stuff, but what is the RA menu? Apparently, I've got alot to learn or re-learn about GT5.

Go to the options menu on the main GT Life screen (where you can choose a-spec or b-spec events). Go to your button assignments. I set the Select button to open the RA menu, the up/down on the d-pad to choose the adjustment, and the left/right on the d-pad to make the adjustment. With the RA menu you can adjust TCS, Front/Rear torque split (4wd only), ASM, ABS, and the Brake Bias settings mid-lap.

Go to the options menu on the main GT Life screen (where you can choose a-spec or b-spec events). Go to your button assignments. I set the Select button to open the RA menu, the up/down on the d-pad to choose the adjustment, and the left/right on the d-pad to make the adjustment. With the RA menu you can adjust TCS, Front/Rear torque split (4wd only), ASM, ABS, and the Brake Bias settings mid-lap.

I'll do that. Thanks for the detailed response, I appreciate it!

Have had a few more runs with the Merc' and have taken over a second off my previous best time.
Now on 2:20.486 .. pos #1,252, which is somewhat better than over 2,500 when I started a while ago. Have also leapt to the top of my leaderboard by around 3/4 of a second.

Am now using TC1 rather than TC3, which requires more control (which with a DS3 is tricky with such a slidey car) but offers a quicker response out of corners after changing down.

congratulations Dalone,2.20.486 is very good time with ds3 for the boat called Mercedes....i m trying with Ferrari...i like the wet but is terrible with ds3...lol

congratulations Dalone,2.20.486 is very good time with ds3 for the boat called Mercedes....i m trying with Ferrari...i like the wet but is terrible with ds3...lol

I was less than a tenth from your time when I ran the C63, but I managed to beat your F10 time by 7sec :lol: I'm a DS3 user as well so I understand the struggle the F10 is. I'm hoping I can beat your C63 lap by the end of this trial, simply because I like being on the top of my friends list 👍

hahaha ..i saw that Shoe67...i wish you the best....i use bb 10/8 with mercedes but i m not sure for that,i dont like tt with fgt and redbull and its my second or third tt that i run(coze wet)..also i dont like stock cars....anyway 5h 15m for the race...http://www.formula1.com/

Just posted a 2:14.975 at spa position 397 at time of writing, well pleased with that for an old man, now time to thrash the Merc.

a question Dalone...what bb for Mercedes?
thank you

Too much trouble for me to muck around with changing the stuff you can on these cars Suba so I'm always using them in stock condition. Whatever that is.

And I won't even bother attempting the Ferrari in the wet.

yeah i know that you hate that kind of races...as i m too... but i did with the gold:)....i tried many bb with Mercedes but nothing usefull...maybe you are right for the stock 5/5...lets continue the practice
thank you

had a good session in the mercedes today new time 2:16.722

Currently using Brake Balance 5, 6

Last edited:
Can't find the motivation to run these, I've only done one lap at Spa and a handful of laps in the Merc, I think I will just wait for the demo to come out on Tuesday :)

Can't find the motivation to run these, I've only done one lap at Spa and a handful of laps in the Merc, I think I will just wait for the demo to come out on Tuesday :)

Actually finding the stock Ferrari TT around a very wet Spa plenty of fun. Almost like PD is showing off the parts of GT5 that few really got to exploit to the maximum. Had a low 2'10 lined up only to brake too late and lock up at the last chicane :indiff:

A 2:22.201 is my current best effort in the Mercedes. My throttle control has gotten better, but man, does this thing want to step out with just a "mild" application of throttle in the corners! Not to mention that a small miscalculation on a rumblestrip can upset the car...and cause unpredictable handling characteristics...that you're most certainly not prepaired to experience. Still fun though. It's just the part where you know what NOT to do, and finding a way to NOT do it on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't say you're missing much not doing these TTs, they just seem to be a little bit of fun before the serious stuff throughout July.

Off topic, good luck qualifying for GT Academy this year! 👍

I won 0.3 sec with Mercedes when i changed the steering sensitivity from 6 to 4 in my ds3....2.22.009 for now...what a car:(:(:(

I won 0.3 sec with Mercedes when i changed the steering sensitivity from 6 to 4 in my ds3....2.22.009 for now...what a car:(:(:(

I tried more positive steering sensitivity in some earlier tries in the Merc' but returned to normal after not noticing any improvement, not that there may not have been some.

I am often 3 or 4 tenths up on my best ghost and have recently been over half a second up, but I must have done one or two corners very very well for my best time and do not always emulate them. Still, it's good knowing one has a little extra up their sleeve to draw upon.

I tried steering sensitivity 3 before a while and i think that maybe i can find 1 sec but i did few mistakes in some corners ...i dont know the names...but i ll try again later....i agree with you Dalone of course and i want to say that the driving style helps or doesnt help for a good time.....its such a ds3 and a wheel...i m sure that i ll be very very bad with a wheel...i have use with my ds3 and steering buttons...anyway my opinion is that Mercedes works better with lower steering sensitivity .....lets see that with a better time

Hi m8, how are you? I have been missing you on these set of tt's. I guess you are waiting for the demo release this week.

Hi m8, how are you? I have been missing you on these set of tt's. I guess you are waiting for the demo release this week. pmjg66

For those on a wheel, what are you doing for your brake bias for each event? Most people leave it alone, but I am tempted to try messing with it to run rear brake in that CLK AMG. I am currently at a 2:17.5XX on my main account and I can't gain any more time. I believe that was a top 50 time when I set it a few days ago.

As far as the F1 Event, I turned my brake bias down to 2/2 to try and help with the rain and I am ranked <50th but I also have plateaued on that too.

What has everybody else been trying.

I am using 5/4, I am currently around 2:20.9xx, but having a lot of trouble with oversteer. Great time me!

We have an edit button. You should use it.

And regarding the TT, I've found that I prefer 8/6 for the Brake Balance on the C63

So I was running 2.19's in the merc and thought that was all I had. In my head I dubbed you all cheaters Haha. I'm now down to 2.17.7 and I see tons of time to gain if I could just string together a good lap. I have zero consistency while hopping this thing over the last chicane what a mess.

I'm about 8 tenths off the WR after the second sector, then I end up 2.5 seconds behind at the end of the lap. Used the racing line to see if that would improve my lap, didn't. I need some tips for that last sector please!

Last edited:
tries to open his curve drawn before and then in the same, stick to the maximum at the piano, trying to do the minimum of corrections with the steering wheel, and go very smooth.

if it's hard you can do, look at you the repetition of the top 1 with the onboard, and tries to grab references to your turn, very important gear changes.

as I always say, do not use ghosts, only as much time top1 reference;)

good luck

I'm currently about 350th, but this is only my 3rd Seasonal Event I've took seriously. I hardly play the game so is my position respectable? (I do have the GT wheel though)

I'm currently about 350th, but this is only my 3rd Seasonal Event I've took seriously. I hardly play the game so is my position respectable? (I do have the GT wheel though)

Very respectable. Anything below 5000 is very respectable in my mind.

Back