Time Trial #65 | Stock Mercedes Benz C63 AMG/Stock Ferrari F10

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 109 comments
I'm currently about 350th, but this is only my 3rd Seasonal Event I've took seriously. I hardly play the game so is my position respectable? (I do have the GT wheel though)
Depends how you look at it. I placed 20th in the first tt i took seriously, but it was a combo i enjoyed so I didn't mind spending some time on it. Some guys are putting 20+ hours into these events. Some guys get in the top ten within the first couple of hours of trying. Some guys spend hours reviewing their laps in comparison to the top ten guys. Are YOU happy with your time? There are to many variables really. And I'm sure you could find a bit more speed in the next 9 days.

I put another 5-6 Laps in. The best I could get was a 1:17.1XX. It put me 52nd overall, back up to 2nd for the American Flags :) But I can't seem to get through the 3rd and 4th corners. I'm about .350 down after the first sector. But after that, I'm leg for leg with the 1st place ghost. I only lose about another .05-.1 after sectors 2+3. But I lose a lot going through that stupid chicane that all the WR times choose to jump over.

That was with a Brake Balance of 8/6 as suggested earlier. DFGT Wheel.

Also, I might have some decent beginner advice if you are having trouble putting power down. Use 3rd gear through sectors 1+2. Then use it to start your lap by taking the F1 line around the final corner of the track leading into your hotlap.

Very respectable. Anything below 5000 is very respectable in my mind.

Woo-hoo! I iz respectable!

(note: poor grammar and spelling are intentional and are used for humorous purposes only)

Depends how you look at it. I placed 20th in the first tt i took seriously, but it was a combo i enjoyed so I didn't mind spending some time on it. Some guys are putting 20+ hours into these events. Some guys get in the top ten within the first couple of hours of trying. Some guys spend hours reviewing their laps in comparison to the top ten guys. Are YOU happy with your time? There are to many variables really. And I'm sure you could find a bit more speed in the next 9 days.

I would say I've done about 3 hours on the track in total. I'll be putting a lot of time into the GT Academy Trial tomorrow!
The last time I played Gran Turismo before the event was about 2 months ago, but I'm more committed to it now, until I hopefully get a new PC with iRacing

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to get to the screen where you can adjust break balance? I'm having a hard time finding it. It's been about 4 or 5 month sense I last played GT. Deiced I should warm up a bit considering the Academy Start tomorrow!

Anyway, running the default break balance I managed a 2:20.830 on spa, putting me just below 4000 at 3979.

IP is insane. I don't think i could get away driving in the wet like that.

i used 5/6. But i think the most importarnt was HOW to brake. I watched Dub's replay and i finally learn. Brake smoothly and gently is the key i think. I was 0.2 behind GTPL_Mato's at S3 but i screw up everything at the chicane. i always lost 0.3 at least. So i would really appreciate a tip for the whole last sector xD.
2:16.813

If it makes it any easier for you guys. I can try to find a tutorial video for setting up the RA menu and post it in the OP.

Pretty happy with a 2:13.3xx (267th ranking) in the F10. Used 4th gear a bit more in the top section of the track and I'm loosing my time in sector three for sure. Need to get the power down better in the last right hand sweeper (4/5th gear) before the final two left hand high speed sweepers (7th to 6th gear). Smooth is the key and I stayed a bit closer to the traditional racing line and no, NO curbs unless off power. Feel I have another second to gain if I try a few more times.

6st.png

i managed to break the 2:20 mark last night in the Merc.
I think I should be able to get under the 19's....not bad for only 3 one hour runs :)

6st.png

I am on the same time as jas :D Should be able to find another 0.5 sec though I would like to get into the 2.17's.

the only complete turn I gave to the track with the F1 was invalid and with a time of 1:34. xxx.

I've done better with the Mercedes, I did a lap of 2:22. xxx. but the best I've done is in Eiger Norwand DT. I'm around at 113.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say congrats to the winners. Doubt much will change in the next 8 days.

Fair effort Teitzy, do you fancy some tuesday night racing??? have a look on my forum. ;)

I was on track for a love 1:18 and stuffed it on the final chicane last night...done it 4 times lol gave up and went racing instead hehehe

Bugga. Have been 6 tenths up in the first sector in the Merc but have only managed to finish a tenth in front at the finish line.

Well, looks like I forgot to run laps with the Mercedes. :lol: GT Academy got into my head too much. Oh well. The new thread is up. 👍

I'm very glad PD did this set of seasonals and wish they'd do more like it. Very much an exercise/lesson in how to manage grip, both of them.

I've been away from GT for a couple of weeks and just did this last night before the deadline. Managed a showing in the F10 race in the 3400s. Brake balance 3/7, TCS 2 and active steering to mild. Decided MT was the only way to go (I normally run AT in the formula cars, the changes on a dry track come too quickly for me) and short-shifted like mad. Any hint of wheelspin, up a gear, was the rule.

Back