Time Trial #65 | Stock Mercedes Benz C63 AMG/Stock Ferrari F10

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 109 comments
Yeah! got gold on f1 with the great time :D 2:21.5xx only 14s behind leader. done with that one. Enough rain for me for next 2 weeks.

Ok just saw IP's lap, looks like you can go completely off the track in some places. Off the track past the kerb, past the green , onto the black asphalt. Much more leniant then Lemans

Last edited:
Barely golded the F-2010 at spa. Very hard with a DS3. The Mercedes was a lot easier even when it feels like a tank sometimes...

I've been grinding 750pp Tsukuba event with Chapparel 2J. The difference in grip to the F10 in the rain is taking some getting used to!!! Golded the Merc but only bronze so far at Spa.

Just got a 2.14.528 no ABS at Spa. Took me about 6 hours to cooldown from all of the fustration I had at the beginning of the event. #127 and preparing to be knocked down.........

Yeah! got gold on f1 with the great time :D 2:21.5xx only 14s behind leader. done with that one. Enough rain for me for next 2 weeks.

Ok just saw IP's lap, looks like you can go completely off the track in some places. Off the track past the kerb, past the green , onto the black asphalt. Much more leniant then Lemans

Yeah I've just seen it I did a 2.13.0 staying on the actual track so now watching that there's a easy 2 second gain with out trying

Yeah realised made myself look stupid...anyway F1 2.13.580 #98 took me 20 minutes to get a proper lap , a good challenge though

Watch Zkippe's lap, clean as a whistle, amazing stuff. 👍

Yes I am! That was in 2010 :)

I love that track, particularly the first half of the circuit.
I am thinking about switching from karting to sim-racing but I'm not sure. Karting is not 'grassroots' at all anymore, it's pretty much just for the money. I would be in Super 1 if it wasn't for the ridiculous prices, and it's frustrating, as I was beating drivers such as the current #2 & #3 in Junior TKM, when I just came off my novice plates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_PRBGHXrk
I made a quick video of the Mercedes C63 AMG Time Trial. Unfortunately I could only record it with my iPhone so I apologise for the video quality & shakes. The upload cut off at the end for some reason.
At the time I got a 2:18.9 after a few goes, hope it helps! :-)

When in the rain on a race track, isn't following the non-traditional line the fastest way throught the track?

Managed a pretty sloppy 2:19.3xx in the Merc using BB 7/5. Think I can find another 1-1.5 sec hopefully :D

Last edited:
I love that track, particularly the first half of the circuit.
I am thinking about switching from karting to sim-racing but I'm not sure. Karting is not 'grassroots' at all anymore, it's pretty much just for the money. I would be in Super 1 if it wasn't for the ridiculous prices, and it's frustrating, as I was beating drivers such as the current #2 & #3 in Junior TKM, when I just came off my novice plates.

It's a great track, only been twice, the first time I was on my novice plates and it was snowing! :)
I only did karting for 2 years and on a very tight budget at the time, I was still fast but not fast enough to win at my local track which required a strong engine due to the long straights 👎 That's why I now do sim racing, trying to do well in GT Academy and see where it takes me 👍

It's a great track, only been twice, the first time I was on my novice plates and it was snowing! :)
I only did karting for 2 years and on a very tight budget at the time, I was still fast but not fast enough to win at my local track which required a strong engine due to the long straights 👎 That's why I now do sim racing, trying to do well in GT Academy and see where it takes me 👍

I am in a similar boat. The new-ish PF is my favourite track, the tarmac is billiant to drive on.
I feel GT5 isn't enough to stick with & would like a PC with probably iRacing (if i can afford it). Do you have iRacing

Last edited:
I am in a similar boat. The new-ish PF is my favouritr, the tarmac is billiant to drive on.
I feel GT5 isn't enough to stick with & would like a PC with probably iRacing (if i can afford it). Do you have iRacing

Nahh, I have a crappy laptop :lol: Just play GT5 and occasionally F1 games 👍 I've never been to PF but I would love to, the new bridge section looks very nice! 👍

Nahh, I have a crappy laptop :lol: Just play GT5 and occasionally F1 games 👍 I've never been to PF but I would love to, the new bridge section looks very nice! 👍

Ah fair enough. Originally the new section was really bumpy & I think it damaged numerous OTK chassis', thankfully not mine!
I want to play GT5 more often now as I rarely play it, but I need to be faster.
I came about 70th (UK) in the GT Academy Trial @ Motegi, so I'm pretty revved up for next week!

Ah fair enough. Originally the new section was really bumpy & I think it damaged numerous OTK chassis', thankfully not mine!
I want to play GT5 more often now as I rarely play it, but I need to be faster.
I came about 70th (UK) in the GT Academy Trial @ Motegi, so I'm pretty revved up for next week!

That's not bad 👍 I was just outside the top 16 last year although I didn't really ever get to grips with the final TT. I was a bit disappointed as I was fastest in round 6. But I've improved a lot since then, got 2 seasonal TT victories under my belt and a couple of podiums also, so I'm looking forward to it 👍 :)

Just done another few laps in the Ferrari F10 and got a 2:18.548. That time put me in 902nd at this time. I don't have any clue whatsoever how the leaders got 2:07's and 2:09's. I'm happy with getting to under 1000 although I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay there for. About 40 minutes ago, I was 863rd!

Just done another few laps in the Ferrari F10 and got a 2:18.548. That time put me in 902nd at this time. I don't have any clue whatsoever how the leaders got 2:07's and 2:09's. I'm happy with getting to under 1000 although I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay there for. About 40 minutes ago, I was 863rd!

Don't worry I just did a 2.12 for 50th by time I'd gone got a drink and sat back down for another run I was at 56th
Try turning controller sensitivity down if your using a wheel makes steering alot smoother which makes you quicker in this

On the C63 event, what gear do you all use for the S-bend (sorry I don't know corner names). I can't decide if it's better to use 4th to limit wheel spin or 3rd to help rotate the car quicker.

These events are a nice break from trying to finish off the enduros in GT5.

The C63 feels like a boat like a lot of other Mercedes-Benz cars in the game. I like the SLS AMG but this car just doesn't feel like a sporty car in any way, shape or form. The gear shifts are just so life-less that they might as well have made the transmission locked to automatic for this combo. Don't think I'll spend any more time on this after getting gold.

The F10 on the other hand...amazing 👍 Really loving the challenge of man-handling the car with plenty of finesse around Spa in the wet. Spent about an hour acclimatising to it after driving the Red Bull cars too much and got around 3 seconds off the top 20. Plenty of time to find on this one once you figure out how to drive the car - provided you keep it on the black stuff :)

On the C63 event, what gear do you all use for the S-bend (sorry I don't know corner names). I can't decide if it's better to use 4th to limit wheel spin or 3rd to help rotate the car quicker.

I am discovering the same problem. I think 3rd might be the better option as the car feels
sluggish out of the corner in 4th.

I can't beat a low 2:18

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how are some of you able to adjust brake bias on the Mercedes? I don't see any provision for adjusting this in the game using the provided car in the time trial.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how are some of you able to adjust brake bias on the Mercedes? I don't see any provision for adjusting this in the game using the provided car in the time trial.

You have to adjust your button assignments to access the RA menu. Are you a wheel or DS3?

You have to adjust your button assignments to access the RA menu. Are you a wheel or DS3?

I'm using a DS3. Excuse my limited knowledge of this stuff, but what is the RA menu? Apparently, I've got alot to learn or re-learn about GT5.

Back