Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter Stephen191
  • 212 comments
Please there's no need to promote me from League 4. I'll still might try to run both COTA and Road America TTs (as I like those combos), but then I don't know when I'll run next TT.
League 4. Very tight at the top between TrigL, tuomijr and jam_my21.

I’m honoured indeed :P although I’ve got a wheel set up now after 30+ years of using a gamepad so my times are considerably slower ATM, also I’ll be moving house in the next few weeks (with my very own man cave) so I’ll just try and get internet up and running as soon as possible, so if I don’t post any times it don’t mean I’ve abandoned the series...cheers guys :cheers:

Speaking of the G29, I wonder if any of you guys could help as I’m new to wheel racing but when going through the series of corners just after the first tight left hander the wheel has a delay which is quite off putting, I turn it but there’s delay in feeling any force from the wheel, i thought it was just the way the wheel was built and I’d just have to get used to it, but I tried it on GT Sport and when turning in that game the effect is instantaneous, I’m guessing it must be a setting issue but have no idea how to remedy it.. any ideas?

Maybe you can try and fiddle around with the steering sensitivity and deadzone, but my first thought is that it's either a matter of understeer or that you prefer a smaller steering ratio. Unfortunately you can't adjust either of them since you have to use the default setup

Race report from Circuit of the Americas in a Ford GT LM GTE.

sean_d left it until the last hour again to put in a lap that beats Jabbah into 2nd place. sean_d 4 from 4 for the League 1 title, with Jabbah making some ground up on the current 2nd place, e300vkb. Down at the bottom there is Flagnag and A_Chalk_Ouline in the relegation zone.
League 2, pmjg66 now has a healthy lead from Rakanishu2199, who didn't put in a lap this week, allowing Rob to close the gap to 2nd. Myself and Paicey doomed to relegation.
League 3, NeilPearlJam, 4 from 4, well out in front, tight between Dpb1975 and Matt S for 2nd. Boneyard78 going down with PH_Racing43, molineux1980 and jab1362 trying to avoid the other relegation slot.
League 4, TrigL and jam_my21, tied for the top, with tuomijr close behind.

In the Knockout competition, we're up to the semi-final stage, e300vkb through, Djbuzz07 beat Flagnag, Twistygit beat me (against the statistical odds may I add), sean_d beat Jabbah in the heavyweight tie of the round. So the semis are e300vkb vs Djbuzz07 and Twistygit vs sean_d.
In the Handicapped Championship, oldmodelt takes the win, and goes into the lead overall. dibs also scores highly and moves into 2nd with last weeks leader Genetix604 down to 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, jam_my21 takes the win but it's sean_d winning overall from FTR mov.
In the Team Championship, we now have a competition, it's level pegging between The Brake Dancers and the off roaders!.

I think that's covered it all, next race is Road America in a McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail.

Always looking for new players, come join us at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Race Report from Road America in a McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail. We've had worse handling cars and trickier tracks, but this combo was just so difficult to get right, leading to roughly 9 out of 10 laps being abandoned via the restart button.

League 1. It's sean_d, with 5 wins out of 5, e300vkb cements his place in second from Jabbah. Flagnag and A_Chalk_Outline heading back to the warmer climes of League 2.
League 2. pmjg66 well clear and mathematically secured promotion. Rakanishu2199 opens up a bit of breathing space from Rob for the other slot. Paicey and myself don't like it in League 2 and are going down to League 3 where we'll be appreciated.
League 3. Shoeshear is the quickest this week, but it's NeilPearlJam mathematically promoted and Dpb1975 clear for 2nd. It's 2 from 3 between PH_Racing43, jab1362 and Boneyard78 but with it looking like PH_Racing43 and Boneyard78 have stopped playing, jab1362 could pull himself out of the relegation zone.
League 4. Bit complicated here, jam_my21 is well clear but has requested not to be promoted. So that leaves TrigL and tuomijr to go up.

In the knockout competition e300vkb beats Djbuzz07 and sean_d beats Twistygit setting up a heavyweight final of e300vkb vs sean_d.
In the Handicapped Championship, oldmodelt manages to grab some points to keep himself quite a way ahead, dibs stays second with chmashdejare moving up to 3rd to make it an American 1/2/3.
In the Ballast Championship, Hasslemoff pops up with 0 ballast and takes 1st, sean_d in the lead overall though.
Team Championship, The Brake Dancers getting a head of steam up and pulling clear from the off roaders!

Final race of the championship is a Formula Rookie at Oulton Park - International. This one is a player's choice, we haven't had a lot of luck with these in the past, but surely this time we have a fun combo. Good luck all.

Untitled.png

"If you build it they shall come", Kevin Costner. "And those that come will be miles quicker than you, and kick your ar$e so much that you get relegated", Mr Stoopid. That, of course, relates to the news that I've been relegated in my own game, so I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

So, on to the winners.

League Championship. It's sean_d with a clean sweep of 6 from 6, and then e300vkb and Jabbah trading blows with e300vkb coming out on top.
Knockout Championship. sean_d beats e300vkb in the final.
Handicapped Championship. oldmodelt hangs on to his early lead from chmashdejare and then Genetix604.
Ballast Championship. It's sean_d again from e300vkb and then FTR mov.
Team Championship. A lot closer this time, The Brake Dancers just nick it from the off roaders! with Fast(ish) n Loud taking 3rd.

Promotions/Demotions.

League 1: Flagnag and A_Chalk_Outline down.
League 2: pmjg66 and Rakanishu2199 up. Mr Stoopid and Paicey down.
League 3: Dpb1975 and NeilPearlJam up. PH_Racing43 and Boneyard78 down.
League 4: TrigL and tuomijr up.

Some stats for you for the championship.

4,557 laps completed.
12,118 miles completed

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, The Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 568 laps completed is A_Chalk_Outline (3 times on the trot)
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 143 invalid laps, is inthebagbud (2 times on the trot)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is sean_d with 179.31 mph in a Renault Sport R.S. 01
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Twistygit at Red Bull Ring
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is dibs at Bannochbrae (weird one this, apparently he was accelerating for 99% of the lap!)
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is dibs at Circuit of the Americas
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Zask with 1352
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Maskmagog with only 11.0% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Boneyard78 who completed 81.8% of the laps he started

And drum roll please.......

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... from out of nowhere last season, it's Zask.

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox

Race Report from HockenheimRing in a slidey BAC Mono.
Jabbah beginning to dominate League 1, with 2 wins from 2, e300vkb currently the man giving chase in 2nd, despite putting in an impressive 156 laps giving Zask a run for his money for the end of season awards. Down in the relegation zone, it's shaping up that Djbuzz07 and FTR mov could be in trouble.
League 2 sees Flagnag out in front, watch out at the bottom there could be a no-show relegation to mix things up.
League 3, TrigL clear with Paicey and RossinHD fighting for the other promotion spot.
League 4 has relatively new joiner M0NK8 with a 100% win record.
Handicapped Championship has molineux1980 winning but RossinHD out in front for the moment.
The newly tweaked Ballast Championship had the race win by Djbuzz07 and it's Born2BSlow winning overall.
In the Knockout competition, the only result that went against form was Genetix604 beating inthebagbud.
The Team Championship sees the off roaders! edge ahead of The Brake Dancers
In our Online Championship, currently for PC only but there's no reason why other consoles couldn't join in, sees FTR Mov out in front.
Next race is at Sugo in a Renault Alpine A442B, good luck all.

Race Report from Sonoma Raceway in a Nissan R89C LM. sean_d was the undoubted master of this combo, over half a second quicker than anyone else, he even posted up a video which I think just left most of us saying "How the %*^%!&^ *&%£ did he do that?"

So that means he catches up with Jabbah for first place in League 1, with pmjg66 and FTR mov looking likely for relegation from the dizzy heights of League 1.
In League 2 Flagnag powers on with Twistygit moving up to 2nd, NeilPearlJam definitely down, with dibs and Dpb1975 battling for the other relegation slot.
League 3, RossinHD in first but I catch up a bit and move into 2nd. Matt S and jab1362 struggling in the relegation zone.
League 4, Masquerada has a good result and moves into 2nd catching oldmodelt.

In the knockout Dpb1975 beats Zask against the odds. Jabbah, sean_d and Born2BSlow also move into the semis.
Jabbah moves into the lead as RossinHD drops to 4th.
In the ballast championship, despite every effort at tweaking the rules to nobble him, sean_d is winning.
In the team championship, The Brake Dancers are beginning to get a substantial lead from the off roaders!
In the online championship, FTR mov is 1st ahead of Flagnag and Genetix604.

So, on we roll, next race is Zhuhai in a Audi R8 (LMP900).

Race Report from Zhuhai.

Late flurry of laps with zartherb logging a lap with only 13 secs left in the session, which I think is probably the closest to the deadline we have ever had. awittyusername however, unfortunately overcooked it and logged a lap 27 seconds past the deadline and I've had to delete it. Soz.

In League 1. sean_d continues to relentlessly hunt down Jabbah setting up a final race showdown with only 1 point separating them. FTR mov and pmjg66 have had it and are going down (pmjg66, watch out, if you don't log a lap in the upcoming race you'll go all the way down to League 4)
League 2. Flagnag totally dominating and definitely up as league winner, Twistygit also up, barring a disaster. Dpb1975 and dibs battling for relegation, NeilPearlJam down, also needs a lap logged to avoid no-show.
League 3. Myself and RossinHD looking good for promotion, Matt S and jab1362 heading down.
League 4. Masquerada and oldmodelt should be safe for promotion. The rest in the league should keep going because there may be additional no-show slots available.

In the knockout competition, no surprises and we have a heavyweight final of Jabbah vs sean_d.
In the handicapped competition, Genetix604 takes the win, but again it's Jabbah vs sean_d at the top.
In the ballast competition, new joiner zartherb takes the win, but again, at the risk of repeating myself, it's Jabbah vs sean_d at the top.
In the team championship, The Brake Dancers get another win and pull well clear of the off roaders!
In the PC online championship, after leading all season FTR mov is feeling the hot breath of e300vkb on his neck as we go into the final session on Monday night.

Final race of the season is Cadwell Park in a Ginetta G40 Junior, where basically it's Jabbah vs sean_d for every single championship.

Untitled1.png

End of Championship Report

Well after 6 weeks sean_d leaves it until 40 minutes until close to win pretty much everything.

League 1: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and Speckle 3rd
League 2: Winner Flagnag
League 3: Winner RossinHD
League 4: Winner Masquerada

Knockout Winner: sean_d beats Jabbah
Handicapped: Winner Jabbah, sean_d 2nd and Speckle 3rd
Ballast: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and Speckle 3rd
Team Championship. Winners The Brake Dancers, the off roaders! 2nd and The Bandicoots 3rd

Promotions/Demotions

League 1: Relegated: FTR mov and pmjg66 down
League 2: Promoted: Flagnag and Twistygit (just ahead of Maskmagog on results countback) Relegated: Dpb1975 and NeilPearlJam (no-show)
League 3: Promoted: RossinHD and Mr Stoopid. Relegated: Matt S and jab1362
League 4: Promoted: Masquerada, oldmodelt and Kingmeh33

4,538 laps completed.
10,060 miles completed

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, The Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 509 laps completed is Flagnag
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 262 invalid laps, is inthebagbud (3 times on the trot)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is sean_d with 175.90 mph in a Renault Alpine A442B
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is chmashdejare at Hockenheimring
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Jabbah at Cadwell Park
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is e300vkb at Sonoma Raceway
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Flagnag with 1355
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is sean_d with only 11.7% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Dpb1975 who completed 67.1% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... Jabbah.

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox

Race Report from Cadwell Park.

League 1. With sean_d off on hols the door is left open and e300vkb takes advantage for the win. Jabbah holds onto the League lead. At the bottom it's Djbuzz07 and Twistygit nestled in the relegation slots.
League 2. Maskmagog and FTR mov take the top 2 places and are already looking good for promotion. pmjg66 is a potential 'no-show' demotion, leaving RossinHD and dibs in the relegation slots.
League 3. chmashdejare takes the win, leaping 3 places into 2nd place overall, Kingmeh33 still out in front. 2 potential 'no-shows' of Masquerada and Sylver.
League 4. zartherb wins and gets into the promotion zone alongside Pete0909.

In the knockout competition, Pete0909 knocks me out on a 51/49 percentage split, all the other ties went with form.
Handicapped competition. Pete0909 takes 2 wins out of 2 for a healthy lead with chmashdejare chasing.
The Ballast competion sees zartherb leap up the table 15 places into first.
In the team competition, the off roaders! are unstoppable, 2 out of 2 wins.

That's your lot, and it's off to Donington for the next race.

Race Report from Donington Park - National.

First off, mid season no show promotions/demotions. pmjg66, Masquerada and Sylver are no-shows, so Kingmeh33 goes up to League 2 and Pete0909, zartherb and Botschki go up to League 3.

So sean_d is obviously back unharmed from balancing on a plank of wood up a mountain, and he's straight in with the fastest time. Jabbah and e300vkb are currently joint top with sean_d right behind them. Anchored at the bottom is Twistygit and Djbuzz07 claims some points to make it close with Flagnag for the other relegation slot.
League 2 sees FTR mov and Maskmagog fairly comfy in the promotion slots and RossinHD and dibs in the relegation zone.
League 3 has the newly promoted zartherb and Pete0909 straight into the promotion slots and molineux1980 and oldmodelt facing relegation.
League 4 has Matt S, DinoM and awittyusername chasing the 2 promotion spaces.

The Knockout competition means we are in to the quarterfinal stages Speckle vs Jabbah, Zask vs Born2BSlow, Ianb-lincs vs e300vkb and Flagnag vs zartherb
Handicapped championship has chmashdejare being remarkably consistent and well out in front, with the handicap calculation hurting Pete0909 this week.
Ballast Championship has e300vkb just ahead of Zask.
Team Championship, and The Brake Dancers take the win to close up a bit on the usually unbeatable the off roaders!

Well that's my lot, and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Race Report from Daytona. A nice and healthy 37 drivers took part with nearly 4000 miles ploughed in around the oval, and that doesn't count the distance of people reversing the car at the start to be at full speed crossing the start line.

sean_d left it late again, but he pulls it out of the bag again to take first place for the 3rd race on the trot, leaving him nicely in the league lead going into the final race, from e300vkb and Jabbah. At the bottom Twistygit is heading down and will be joined by either Flagnag or Djbuzz07.
In League 2, FTR mov takes the win, with Maskmagog in the other promotion slot. Relegation slots look fairly settled for RossinHD and dibs.
League 3, zartherb miles out in front but tight for 2nd between Dpb1975, Botschki and Paicey. M0NK8 and oldmodelt in the relegation zone.
League 4, awittyusername and Matt S in the promotion slots, but there may be a 3rd slot available if dibs doesn't show up and goes down under no-show rules.

In the Handicapped Championship, Shadow_Racer wins the race, but it's still chmashdejare out in the overall lead.
In the Ballast Championship, Rakanishu2199 wins the race, and e300vkb moves up into the overall lead.
In the Team Championship, Fast(ish) n Loud win the race, the off roaders! still out in front overall.
In the Knockout Championship semi-finals Jabbah knocks out Born2BSlow and e300vkb beats Flagnag.

And so it's on to the final race of the championship, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in a Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 TransAm

Untitled.png

League 1: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and e300vkb 3rd
League 2: Winner FTR mov
League 3: Winner zartherb
League 4: Winner awittyusername

Knockout Winner: Jabbah beats e300vkb
Handicapped: Winner chmashdejare, A_Chalk_Outline 2nd and Pete0909 3rd
Ballast: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and Speckle 3rd
Team Championship. Winners the off roaders!, Fast(ish) n Loud 2nd and The Brake Dancers 3rd

Promotions/Demotions

League 1: Relegated: Rakanishu2199 and Twistygit down (Flagnag puts in the escape routine of the century starting 448 laps in the last race to get out of jail)
League 2: Promoted: FTR mov and Maskmagog Relegated: RossinHD and dibs (no-show)
League 3: Promoted: zartherb and Paicey. Relegated: M0NK8 and oldmodelt
League 4: Promoted: awittyusername, Matt S and WashedSphinx512

6,357 laps completed.
11,342 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 801 laps completed is Zask, just pipping last champs winner Flagnag on 799
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 261 invalid laps, is Rakanishu2199, unseating 3 times champion inthebagbud
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Jabbah with 172.67 mph in a Dallara IR-12 Honda (Road Course)
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is chmashdejare at Hockenheimring, second time winner
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Genetix604 at Texas Motor Speedway
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is zartherb at Hockenheimring
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Flagnag with 1848, 2nd time winner
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Samh with only 21.4% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Dpb1975 who completed 83.5% of the laps he started, 2nd time winner

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... awittyusername.

Race Report from Lydden Hill in a Jag F-Type

The short track meant that people were literally chasing thousandths of a second for an extra place. sean_d comes out on top, but even he had to work for it, starting 68 laps. Jabbah takes 2nd by 0.004 of a second from e300vkb who started an incredible 439 laps.
League 1 sees the top 3 as above, Flagnag and Maskmagog in the relegation zone but flirting nearby are Speckle with a no-show and Born2BSlow (!)
League 2. Rakanishu2199 and zartherb continue their top 2 domiance. Relegation zone is complicated, Genetix604 and Kingmeh33 are potential no-shows which could leave Ianb-lincs and Twistygit in danger.
League 3. Dpb1975 and awittyusername trading first places to be out in front, WashedSphinx512 and Pete0909 in the relegation zone.
League 4. GIONL out in front but Shoeshear takes the win to put himself in contention.
Knockout Competition. The results that went against form were chmashdejare knocked out Born2BSlow with only a 5% chance of the win and A_Chalk_Outline beats me with only a 43% chance.
Handicapped. Dpb1975 wins and drags himslef right up to the current leader Paicey09, FTR mov goes up 9 places to 3rd.
Ballast. awittyusername wins but it's sean_d at the top.
Team Championship sees Fast(ish) n Loud win for the 2nd time on the trot and well out in front.
The Monday Night Online Club has awittyusername in the lead followed by FTR mov and then Genetix604.

Next race is an Aston Martin Vantage GTE at Monza.

Race report from Laguna Seca. A combination of some tricky corners and a Race Director with issues led to it being very tricky to put together a decent lap.

As usual sean_d and Jabbah are well ahead of the rest of us, with sean_d taking the honours and extending his League 1 lead. At the bottom, I'm afraid it's not looking good for Maskmagog and Speckle.
League 2, Rakanishu2199 continues his clean sweep, but it's close for 2nd between zartherb and awittyusername. At the bottom is temporary absentee Genetix604 and then level peggings for Ianb-lincs and Paicey09.
League 3, Shoeshear takes the win and moves into a promotion slot at the expense of Matt S, Dpb1975 still clear at the top. chmashdejare and WashedSphinx512 in the relegation places.
League 4, oldmodelt and Shadow_Racer move into the promotion places pushing down Mushypee.

Handicapped Championship, tuomijr wins the race but it's Paicey09 that stays out in front overall.
Ballast Championship, despite my best efforts I can't get this to look much different from the Real-Time classification, it's sean_d from Jabbah, with edgeofgrip taking the race win.
Knockout Championship, Flagnag knocks out awittyusername against the odds, so the semi's are e300vkb vs Jabbah and Flagnag vs sean_d.
Team Championship, Fast(ish) n Loud destroying all before them.
Online Championship has awittyusername just a smidge ahead of FTR mov.

Next race is Dubai Autodrome in a BMW M6 GT3

Race Report from Dubai in a BMW M6. Nice turnout with 35 drivers giving it a punt.

In League 1, it's business as usual as sean_d wins, but e300vkb gets one over on Jabbah, though he remains nicely in 2nd. Down the bottom it's all over for Maskmagog and Speckle as their foray into League 1 comes to an end.
League 2, Rakanishu2199 ploughs on undefeated and can't be caughtfor the league win. A_Chalk_Outline puts ina good result for 2nd, but zartherb is sitting comfortable in 2nd overall. Down at the bottom, Ianb-lincs lulls us into a false sense of security with his "My rig's all broken, I can't race any more" to put in a last-minute set of laps that pull him out of the relegation zone and put Twistygit in there instead.
League 3, Shoeshear continues his winning run and is looking good for 2nd, Dpb1975 stays out in front. WashedSphinx512 in trouble at the bottom, and it's going to be tight between GIONL and chmashdejare for the other relegation spot.
League 4, new joiners Lanius1984 and Pac-Man292 are quick and take the big points, but it's oldmodelt and Shadow_Racer still at the top.

Knockout Championship, Jabbah takes out e300vkb against the run of play and of course sean_d wins the other semi against Flagnag.
Handicapped Championship, Ianb-lincs wins and moves up to 7th, but Paicey09 puts in another solid result and is looking pretty much nailed on for the overall win.
Ballast Championship, new joiners Lanius1984 and Pac-Man292 take the top 2 positions, but yet again it's sean_d winning.
Team Championship, Fast(ish) n Loud slaughtering everyone.
Online Championship, it's awittyusername from FTR mov, but sean_d coming quickly up on the rails.

And I think that's about it, final race of the championship is the Peoples' choice of a Formula Renault 3.5 at Imola.

Untitled1.png

League 1: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and e300vkb 3rd
League 2: Winner Rakanishu2199
League 3: Winner Dpb1975
League 4: Winner Shadow_Racer

Knockout Winner: sean_d beats Jabbah
Handicapped: Winner Paicey09, Twistygit 2nd and Mr Stoopid 3rd
Ballast: Winner sean_d, Jabbah 2nd and e300vkb 3rd
Team Championship: Winners the Fast(ish) n Loud, The Bandicoots 2nd and The Brake Dancers 3rd
Online: Winner sean_d, awittyusername 2nd and FTR mov 3rd

Promotions/Demotions

League 1: Relegated sean_d (sabbatical), Maskmagog, Speckle.
League 2: Promoted Rakanishu2199, zartherb, awittyusername. Demoted: Twistygit, Genetix604 (no-show).
League 3: Promoted Dpb1975, Shoeshear, Matt S. Demoted GIONL, WashedSphinx512.
League 4: Promoted Shadow_Racer, oldmodelt, ChiefyWho, Mushypee.

4,810 laps completed.
8,633 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 615 laps completed is Flagnag, regaining his title from Zask
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 177 invalid laps, is Rakanishu2199 (twice on the trot)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is e300vkb with 178.25 mph in a Formula Renault 3.5
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Paicey09 at Lydden Hill
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is sean_d at Monza
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Shadow_Racer at Lydden Hill
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Flagnag with 1529, 3rd time winner
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is sean_d with only 21.0% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is RossinHD who completed 74.1% of the laps he started, 2nd time winner

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, for a second time and a country mile ahead of his nearest chatterbox, is...... awittyusername.

Race Report from Barcelona in a Ferrari 288 GTO.

I guess the lead news is the sheer effort put in by Rakanishu2199 who started an astonishing 1182 laps. But it's Jabbah that takes the win from relatively new joiner Clemzini and then e300vkb.
So that sets up League 1 nicely with Jabbah and e300vkb tied for 1st and Rakanishu2199 in 3rd. awittyusername and zartherb nestled firmly in the relegation zone.
League 2 sees Maskmagog make it 2 wins from 2 and well clear, Ianb-lincs and myself fighting for the other promotion slot, well I say fighting, I'm not, I don't want to go anywhere near League 1 if I can help it. Shoeshear and Speckle likely to go down under no-show rules which could leave Matt S and Paicey09 in trouble.
League 3. ChiefyWho in the lead with 2 from 2, RossinHD and Twistygit in joint 2nd. Mushypee and Shadow_Racer also likely to go down as no-shows, meaning Botschki and molineux1980 could end up in the relegation zone.
League 4. We have a set of 4 very quick new/returning players, Clemzini, Lanius1984, Wiz and Pac-Man292 all at the top of this league, but it's Clemzini at the top for the moment.
Handicapped Championship. oldmodelt takes the win and takes a strong early lead overall, Lanius1984 drops to 2nd.
Ballast Championship. Pac-Man292 wins the race but Zask moves up to the top of the table.
Knockout Championship, we're down to the last 16 and Maskmagog can revel in the knowledge hat he knocked out sean_d ;-)
Team Championship, The Bandicoots win the race and draw level at the top of the table with Fast(ish) n Loud

Next race is Zolder in a Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar

Race Report from Zolder.

35 people took part with a lot of new faces giving it a whirl, and it's Jabbah who pips e300vkb, racing all the way up to the midnight deadline, by 0.085 sec. Other notable results are Lanius1984 taking 3rd place overall and Rakanishu2199 only putting in a token effort of starting 405 laps compared to last week's 1182 ;-)

It's no-show clearout week, Shoeshear, Speckle, Mushypee and Shadow_Racer are all no-shows and drop down to League 4. That means ChiefyWho and Twistygit go up to League 2 and Skinny, Lanius1984, Pac-Man292 and Wiz go up to League 3.

League 1. Jabbah's win sees him take a 2 point lead over e300vkb. awittyusername and zartherb stuck in the relegation zone.
League 2. Maskmagog well out in front, with newly promoted ChiefyWho into 2nd. Paicey09 and Matt S in the relegation zone.
League 3. Newly promoted Skinny and Lanius1984 straight into the top 2 spots, molineux1980 and chmashdejare at the bottom and Botschki flirting nearby.
League 4. All the promotions mean that StackerGB and WashedSphinx512 now lead.

Handicapped challenge, Jabbah wins this week, showing how hard he pushed for the overall win, taking him up to 2nd overall with oldmodelt still out in front.
Ballast challenge, it's e300vkb who takes this one, with Jabbah still in the top spot.
Team Challenge, The Bandicoots take their 2nd win on the trot and move clear in 1st overall.
Knockout Challenge. Through to the Quarter-Finals are Born2BSlow, Djbuzz07, Rakanishu2199, e300vkb, Zask, Jabbah, Maskmagog and awittyusername
Online Monday Night Racing saw up to 11 of us bouncing around various combos and it's e300vkb who leads the table.

Next race is Oulton Park in a Ford Escort RS1600. See you there.

Race Report from Zolder.

We had a load of new joiners, albeit under awful circumstances, and there were 42 people that took part.

League 1. Jabbah makes it 3 wins on the bounce and is looking settled in top spot. Born2BSlow makes a return to form for 2nd, although it's e300vkb who is 2nd in the table. zartherb at the bottom, awittyusername catches up a bit to FTR mov for the other relegation place.
League 2. Maskmagog way out in front. A_Chalk_Outline, ChiefyWho, TrigL, me and IanB-Lincs all with a shout for the other promotion slot. Paicey09 and Matt S all but mathematically down.
League 3. Skinny and Lanius1984 well clear. Botschki and chmashdejare currently in the relegation zone.
League 4. StackerGB in first and LazyTurtle leaps 3 places to go into 2nd.
Handicapped Challenge. LazyTurtle takes the win, oldmodelt still in the lead overall, but there's a clump of people catching up behind him.
Ballast Challenge. New joiner Mushypee wins, Zask top of the table, just ahead of Born2BSlow.
Team Challenge. The Fast(ish) n Loud versus The Bandicoots battle continues unabated and it's all square going into round 5.
Knockout Cup. Rakanishu2199 takes out e300vkb against the odds, Born2BSlow, Jabbah and awittyusername join him in the semis.
Online Monday Night Racing. e300vkb streets ahead, Genetix604 and awittyusername following.

Next race is Fuji in a Bentley Speed 8.

Race Report from Fuji

We had 44 drivers taking part driving over 3000 miles around the Fuji race track, so thank you all for taking part.

It's well done to Jabbah who obliterated everyone by nearly a second. That win leaves him well clear in first place for the League 1 Title, e300vkb also well clear for 2nd, zartherb likely to be relegated and it's a battle going into the last race between awittyusername and FTR mov to avoid the other relegation slot.
League 2, Maskmagog secures the title and promotion, A_Chalk_Outline looking good for 2nd but TrigL is close behind. Paicey09 and Matt S relegated.
League 3, Skinny and Lanius1984 will be promoted, chmashdejare and Botschki in the relegation zone.
League 4, StackerGB definitely promoted, LazyTurtle in 2nd. There may be a single no-show of Wiz, so that might open up promotion for someone in 3rd, so keep on pushing WashedSphinx512 and Simon

Handicapped Championship sees LazyTurtle leap 9 places and up to 1st, Jabbah grinding out the results to be in 2nd.
Ballast Championship, new joiner Shakey_Jake188 wins the race, and it's Jabbah out in front overall.
Team Championship, The Bandicoots win to sneak ahead of Fast(ish) n Loud. If Fast(ish) n Loud win next week and The Bandicoots come 2nd, I'm going to have to do add up all the race times and find out who was the lowest so if you could avoid that result happening I'd be most grateful.
Knockout Championship. Rakanishu2199 beats Born2BSlow and Jabbah beats awittyusername to set up quite a tasty final of Rakanishu2199 vs Jabbah
In the online Monday Night Racing, e300vkb is still the man to beat and well clear out in front.

So we stroll on into the final race of the season which is a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL at Nürburgring Muellenbach. Keep safe and hope to see you there.

Untitled1.png

League 1: Winner Jabbah, e300vkb 2nd and Rakanishu2199 3rd
League 2: Winner Maskmagog
League 3: Winner Skinny
League 4: Winner StackerGB

Knockout Winner: Jabbah beats Rakanishu2199
Handicapped: Winner Simon, oldmodelt 2nd and LazyTurtle 3rd
Ballast: Winner Jabbah, Rakanishu2199 2nd and e300vkb 3rd
Team Championship: Winners The Bandicoots, 2nd Fast(ish) n Loud and The Brake Dancers 3rd
Online: Winner e300vkb, Genetix604 2nd and Flagnag 3rd

Promotions/Demotions

League 1: Relegated awittyusername, zartherb.
League 2: Promoted Maskmagog, A_Chalk_Outline. Demoted: Paicey09, Matt S.
League 3: Promoted Skinny, Lanius1984. Demoted molineux1980, chmashdejare, Wiz (no-show).
League 4: Promoted StackerGB, LazyTurtle, Simon.

6,780 laps completed.
11,393 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 607 laps completed is Flagnag, just holding on to his title from Rakanishu2199 with 592
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 310 invalid laps, is Rakanishu2199 (3 times on the trot)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Jabbah with 185.84 mph in a Bentley Speed 8
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Born2BSlow at Circuit of the Americas
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Born2BSlow at Oulton Park
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is zartherb at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Rakanishu2199 with 2640, obliterating previous winner Flagnag
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is zartherb with only 15.6% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is smallspeed who completed 90.7% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship, for a third time and just holding off Born2BSlow, is...... awittyusername.

Race Report from Race 1 of the new season, Cadwell Park in a Caterham Seven 620 R.

We had a record amount of drivers taking part, 46, so thanks all for playing. Dedicated driver of the week is Rakanishu2199 who had 347 attempts at the perfect lap.
And it's Jabbah again who showed us how it's done, over a third of a second ahead around a 39 second lap.
League 1 sees Jabbah ahead of e300vkb and Zask, down the bottom we have Maskmagog and A_Chalk_Outline.
League 2 is Lanius1984 from awittyusername, relegation zone is TrigL and ChiefyWho who didn't play this week.
League 3 is Pac-Man292 from LazyTurtle, relegation zone is Simon and oldmodelt who also didn't play this week.
League 4 is Teamsreth from Danny. Now we have 16 players currently in this league, which is too many. So if the number of players stay this high then I will be introducing a League 5 after Race 3, the top 10 in League 4 will stay there, everyone else will be in the newly formed League 5.

Handicapped Championship. sean_d is only playing in this one competition and he's still managing to be in the lead, let's see if he can keep on fighting the handicapping and stay in front.
Ballast Championship runs to form since the ballast hasn't kicked in on Race 1.
Team Championship sees Fast(ish) n Loud back to form and taking an early lead from The Bandicoots
Knockout Championship runs to form except from Dpb1975 beats LazyTurtle despite odds of only 26% of him winning.
Online Championship has sean_d basically toying with everyone.

Join us at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Race Report from Dubai in a Porsche 936 Spyder. Tough one this, with the majority wishing the Porsche into an early grave. Dedicated driver of the week is again Rakanishu2199 who had 408 attempts at the perfect lap.

And it's Jabbah again who showed us how it's done, somehow managing to be nearly a second ahead of everyone.
League 1 sees Jabbah ahead of e300vkb and Rakanishu2199, down the bottom we have FTR mov and A_Chalk_Outline.
League 2, Skinny takes the win, making up ground on overall leader Lanius1984, relegation zone is TrigL and ChiefyWho who is beginning to look like a no-show.
League 3 is Pac-Man292 from LazyTurtle and StackerGB, relegation zone is Botschki and Simon.
League 4 is Teamsreth from Raify. Only 39 players took part this week so maybe creating a League 5 is a bit premature, but watch this space.

Handicapped Championship. Chlorine79 takes the win and jumps to 3rd, but it's Jabbah in the overall lead.
Ballast Championship, Aesop F1 wins this round, Jabbah in the overall lead.
Team Championship, The Bandicoots take the win and draw level with Fast(ish) n Loud.
Knockout Championship. zartherb knocks out Flagnag despite only a 6% chance of him winning, Rakanishu2199 unfortunate to be drawn against Jabbah, with Jabbah going through, Pac-Man292 takes the scalp of Maskmagog, Tintop beats old-chad with only a 28% chance of doing so.
Online Championship still has sean_d basically toying with everyone.

Join us at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Back