Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter Stephen191
  • 212 comments
Happy to clinch promotion but that is going to be one tough battle to avoid relegation from league 2, first target remains to be the fastest controller user. From that we'll see where we can get

Race Report from Barcelona.

One of our better combos with a nice and healthy 37 people taking part, and it's e300vkv that takes the win by 0.008 from Born2BSlow. Those 2 were a good half a second ahead of the rest with Speckle leading the chasing pack.

So, in League 1 we have e300vkb from Born2BSlow and Speckle, down at the bottom we have MacLean and grandadjim.
League 2 leaders are inthebagbud and tuomijr, with a couple of notable no-shows andy_b and TrigL.
League 3 we have myrdo making a bid to come straight back up to League 2 and King-Kodiak, Masquerada down at the bottom and Katana-Blade as a no-show.
League 4, we have new joiner pmjg66 with avery quick time, he'll be moving up quickly from Rob.

In the handicapped championship we have a very strong first race by garyellerby and relatively new joiner Zask takes 2nd as his handicap kicks in.
The Ballast championship isn't interesting yet as it's just the first race before ballast gets applied.
The team championship sees the Brake Dancers well ahead, Speckle has built a formidable team there. If anyone wants to try and build a team to be beat them please join in, you need to be a VIP member to set up the team and then you can pick anyone to join your team.

I think that's about it, next race is at Mojave in a Ford Fusion Stockcar, could be interesting....

Race Report from Mojave.

New record for drivers taking part with 38 people jumping into a Ford Fusion Stockcar which then resisted all attempts to go round corners, so a challenging combo.

In the end it was e300vkb from Hasselmoff and Born2BSlow, with Speckle tantalisingly close to getting 3rd. That leaves e300vkb well ahead in League 1, Maclean and grandadjim struggling in the relegation slots (I say struggling, it is league 1 and they're still quicker than me).
In League 2, inthebagbud is building a nice lead, but it's very tight between tuomijr and Ianb-lincs for the other promotion slot. Down at the bottom we have 'no-shows' TrigL (get well soon) and andy_b.
In League 3, very tight between King-Kodiak, Munchie, myrdo and Dpb1975. Masquerada and Katana_Blade in the relegation slots.
In League 4, pmjg66 and Zask looking good for promotion.
In the Handicapped League, Zask has produced a couple of great results and is well in the lead, but his handicap is down from 6.55% at the start to 1.92% now, so he might find things more difficult from now.
In the Ballast League, Zask takes the win but it's Hasselmoff out in front.
In the Team Championship, The Brake Dancers are ridiculously far in front, over 5 secs ahead of The Bandicoots.

Next race is Oulton Park in a Lamborghini Huracan.

Untitled2.png

We're at the halfway point in the Championship and it's a race report from Oulton Park.

e300vkb nailed this one with a relatively comfy victory from Speckle and then Hasselmoff. So in League 1 he's well clear and then it's Born2BSlow, Speckle and Hasselmoff all tied fighting for the remaining podium positions. grandadjim and MacLean nestled at the bottom and looking like they're headed back down to League 2.
In League 2 inthebagbud makes it 3 from 3 with tuomijr in the other promotion position. SniperAsh6 and StanvanAsten in the relegation zone.
In League 3 the newly promoted pmjg66 and Zask are straight into the promotion slots. molineux1980 and Masquerada in the relegation zone.
In League 4 we have Killjoy Snorlax and Mushypee in the promotion slots with Tintop and 2609stevell chasing.
In the Handicapped Championship, JasonSandwich takes the win and the formula catches up with Zask and he gets 0 points but stays in the lead with garyellerby making in-roads into his lead.
In the Ballast Championship Born2BSlow wins and e300vkb does enough to keep the overall lead.
In the Team Championship, The Brake Dancers winning streak of 6 races finally comes to an end with Skiidmarks taking the win.

As it's the half-way point it's "No-show" clearout time. TrigL, andy_b and Katana_Blade all go down, King-Kodiak and Dpb1975 go up to League 2, pmjg66, Zask and Maskmagog go up to League 3.

Untitled2.png

Unfortunately it will be quite impossible to escape that relegation zone as long as everybody keeps showing up. In all fairness, league 3 would give me more of a competitive spirit to try and compete for the top places as compared to try and avoid the bottom place in league 2

It's the end of Race 4 and I think it's fair to say that no-one really fell in love with the McLaren, having to constantly press the DRS button was just a pain in the arse to be frank. But we ploughed on, and a new record of 39 drivers gave it a bash.

This week it's Hasselmoff that gets the win by nearly a whole second, very impressive and even after watching his video a dozen times I'm buggered if I know how he does it :-) e300vkb takes 2nd and remains top of the League 1 table with Speckle staying in 3rd. grandadjim and Macleanheading down to League 2.
In League 2, Ianb-lincs had a godd result, putting himself in the promotion mix with inthebagbud, who had a relatively bad day at the office, and tuomijr. At the bottom, no-shows from Sundaygloom and StanvanAsten leave them in the relegation zone.
In League 3 pmjg66 and Zask continue to dominate, and molineux1980 and Masquerada struggling at the bottom.
In League 4, new joiner PH_Racing43 and welcome returner jam_my21 get good results, but it's Killjoy Snorlax and Mushypee in the promotion slots with 2609stevell and Tintop continuing to catch up.
In the Handicapped Championship we have a new leader, JasonSandwich, who not only won the race but was totally mystified about what he had actually won.
In the Ballast Championsship it's Hasslemoff just edging out Teamsreth.
In the Team Championship The Brake Dancers return to winning ways and it's The Bandicoots and Skiidmarks fighting over the scraps.

The penultimate race of the season is Indianapolis in a BMW with what appears to be a ridiculous spoiler attached, I'll soon have that knocked off with my bouncing off walls driving style.

Untitled2.png

Race 5 Update from Indianapolis

Lot of people feeling the love for the BMW Z4 and despite my best efforts I couldn't get that spoiler to come off. 37 drivers took part and nearly a 1,000 laps completed.

In the end its e300vkb back to winning ways followed by Hasslemoff and Born2BSlow. e300vkb not quite mathematically League 1 winner yet, but just turning up for the next race should be enough. Unless there's some freak results, grandadjim and Maclean are heading down to the happy place of League 2.
League 2 and inthebagbud is looking nailed on for promotion to try his luck in League 1, with the final spot between Ianb-lincs and tuomijr. Sundaygloom and StanvanAsten heading down.
League 3, pmjg66 and Zask well clear for promotion and molineux1980 and Masquerada going down.
In League 4 it's all to play for, there could potentially be 4 promotion slots due to no-shows, so Killjoy Snorlax, Mushypee, Tintop and 2609stevell could be going up.
In the Handicapped Championship, molineux1980 takes the win and moves to 1st overall.
In the Ballast Championship, e300vkb sneaks into the lead but Speckle is right behind.
The Team Championship has some new kids on the block, the off roaders! who are straight in to 2nd place overall to challenge the previously unbeatable Brake Dancers, all to play for there going into the final race.

The next championship is up and available, with 2 of the races picked by player submissions and a subsequent vote.

Final race is Hockenheim in a Ferrari 333 SP.

I am sorry for not showing again this week. With the restart of the soccer season, the joining of 2 online leagues and a new job my time has been limited the past few weeks. Might start attempting next championship races this week if I can find some time as the current championship is a lost cause already

Untitled1.png

End of Championship Report.

It's a dominant League Championship win for e300vkb, not quite a clean sweep but well ahead, Hasslemoff and Speckle 2nd and 3rd again.
molineux1980 wins the Handicapped Championship despite a late charge from garyellerby who takes 2nd and Zask who is 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, Hasslemoff takes the victory from Teamsreth and Speckle.
In the Team Championship, the newly formed the off roaders! just pip The Brake Dancers by a point and Skiidmarks take 3rd on countback.

League 1. Demotions : grandadjim and Maclean
League 2. Promotions : inthebagbud and Ianb-lincs. Demotions : Sundaygloom and StanvanAsten (both as no-shows)
League 3. Promotions : pmjg66 and Zask. Demotions : molineux1980 and Masquerada
League 4. Promotions : Killjoy Snorlax, Mushypee, 2609stevell and Tintop.

Some stats for you for the championship.

4901 laps completed.
12591 miles completed

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, The Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 590 laps completed is Zask
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 200 invalid laps is inthebagbud (over double his nearest rival)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Speckle with 185.98 mph in a McLaren P1 GTR
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Tintop at Oulton Park - Island
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Maskmagog at Hockenheim Classic - GP
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is e300vkb at Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya National (second time he's won this, I'm thinking this style is the way forward)
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Zask with 1442
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Hasslemoff with only 11.1% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Weeble2015 who completed 76.1% of the laps he started

And drum roll please.......

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... and back to his chatty best, Born2BSlow with 122 posts.

To celebrate the 20th championship we have a huge prize giveaway of the life-changing prize of £5. I've picked 3 random date/times, one in each of race 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. Whichever VIP member posts any lap closest overall to any of the three times wins.

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox

Untitled2.png

First race of the new championship and there's a big turnout. 39 drivers and over 1500 laps completed. Big shout out to Zask and Danny102 who did over 200 laps each. The combo itself was an interesting one with the Race Director being unusually flexible on track limits, so much so, that numerous 'short-cuts' were available and there was much talk and trying out of the various routes round the track available.

But in the end it was a victorious return for sean_d with Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff in 2nd and 3rd.
In League 1, whilst sean_d makes his way back up, Born2BSlow makes hay and takes the early lead.
In League 2, Zask is a country mile ahead of the rest of us with Maclean in the other promotion slot.
In League 3, myrdo sneeks the win from A_Chalk_Outline.
In League 4, unfortunately for the other members in there, sean_d well ahead with FTR mov just getting 2nd.
In the Handicapped Championship, tigger stu grabs first place with oldmodelt and Weeble2015 2nd and 3rd.
In the newly competitive Team Championship, it's back to winning ways for the Brake Dancers, but the off roaders! are running them very close.

The next race is at Dubai in a Chevrolet Camaro. Good luck all.

Second race of the championship in a Chevrolet Camaro, whose handling was frequently likened to a variety of sea-going vessels. That didn't stop sean_d who is well and truly back with a vengeance and clocked the quickest time by nearly a quarter of a second.

However sean_d isn't in League 1 just yet and there's a battle emerging between Born2BSlow and e300vkb, Born2BSlow just hanging on to the table lead for the moment. Ianb-lincs, VampyrByte and kev7whyte struggling at the bottom.
In League 2 Zask and Maclean power onwards for the promotion slots, Dpb1975, grandadjim and King-Kodiak at the bottom.
In League 3, it's myrdo well out in front and tight between A_Chalk_Outline and Maskmagog. Killjoy Snorlax, Mushypee and Paicey propping things up.
League 4, sean_d obviously well clear with FTR mov a solid second.
In the handicapped championship, it's oldmodelt just ahead of Weeble2015, but things can change rapidly in that one.
The Ballast Championship is nicely mixed up this time round with MacLean just ahead of SniperAsh6, inthebagbud and pmjg66.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders take the win meaning it's level pegging overall with The Brake Dancers.

Next Race is our Rally Special at Dirtfish. Please double check that you're doing the correct course becuase the UDP feed does not differentiate between the variations and therefore neither does PCLapUpdater.

Race Report from Dirtfish at the halfway point in the championship. An interesting combo leading to a virtual worldwide shortage of Honda Civic bumpers and bonnets. And it's Hasslemoff who turns out to be the Powerslide King, with a remarkable lap count, started 152 laps, only finished 8 of them, but one of them was nigh-on perfect.

As it's the halfway point we have our no-show clearout, which means:-
League 1: Relegated-kev7whyte
League 2: Promoted-Zask, Relegated-King-Kodiak
League 3: Promoted-myrdo and Maskmagog
League 4: Promoted-FTR_mov and sean_d

So where does that leave us, well, League 1 is really tight with a single point separating Born2BSlow, Hasslemoff and e300vkb. At the bottom it's not looking good for Ianb-lincs and VampyrByte.
League 2 has pmjg66 out in front and level pegging for the final slot is MacLean and myrdo. grandadjim suffering at the bottom, tight for the other place but currently it's tuomijr.
League 3, newly promoted sean_d and FTR_mov straight into the top spots, and again very tight at the bottom, anyone of about 5 or 6 drivers could go down.
League 4, after the promotions that leaves edgeofgrip and PH_Racing43 in the top spots with Danny102 chasing.

In the Handicapped Championship oldmodelt stays in front but gets no points this time round, edgeofgrip gets his first points with the win.
Over to the Ballast Championship, which after an odd number races favours the faster drivers, and it's e300vkb from Speckle and sean_d
In the Team Championship, The Brake Dancers take the win and the championship lead outright from the off roaders!

Next Race is Ruapuna Park in a BMW 1 series, I've had a go and it's a bugger, so good luck all.

Glad to see this league still active. My job has been keeping me too busy to do any sim racing in quite awhile. I'm hoping things start slowing down soon and let me possibly get back in the driver's seat.

Race Report from Imola where we had a new record of 40 drivers taking part. An excellent race by sean_d and e300vkb who are well clear of the rest of us.

In League 1, e300vkb pulls clear of Born2BSlow with a fight off between Speckle and Hasslemoff for 3rd place. VampyrByte and Ianb-lincs heading down.
In League 2, SniperAsh6 takes the win bringing him into contention for a promotion slot, currently held by pmjg66 and myrdo. grandadjim down with a final race showdown between tuomijr and Dpb1975 to avoid the other relegation spot.
In League 3, sean_d and FTR mov continue their clean sweep of the top 2 positions. Tintop down with Mushypee needing a good result.
In League 4, returner jam_my21 takes the win, but it's edgeofgrip and PH_Racing43 well clear.

In the handicapped championship, Rakanishu2199 takes his second win on the bounce and it's all to play for between FTR mov, e300vkb and Rakanishu2199.
In the ballast championship, it's an odd number of races so it's skewed, but currently it's e300vkb in the lead.
In the team championship, the off roaders! win and sneak ahead of The Brake Dancers.

It's Americana all the way for the final race at California Highway in a Mustang.

Untitled2.png

Untitled1.png

It's a dominant League Championship win for e300vkb, not quite a clean sweep but well ahead, Born2BSlow gets himself back up there and takes 2nd. Hasslemoff is 3rd.
Rakanishu2199 wins the Handicapped Championship despite being a late joiner with oldmodelt 2nd and FTR mov 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, e300vkb takes the victory from Teamsreth and FTR mov.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! dominate for the win, The Brake Dancers 2nd and The Bandicoots 3rd.

League 1. Demotions : VampyrByte and Ianb-lincs
League 2. Promotions : pmjg66 and myrdo. Demotions : tuomijr and grandadjim
League 3. Promotions : sean_d and FTR mov. Demotions : Mushypee and Tintop
League 4. Promotions : edgeofgrip and PH_Racing43

7104 laps completed.
15877 miles completed

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, The Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 830 laps completed is Zask (again)
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 215 invalid laps is Danny102
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is sean_d with 174.83 mph in a Ligier JS P2 Honda
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Maskmagog at Ruapuna Park GP
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Twistygit at Imola
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is inthebagbud at DirtFish Mill Run Course (Joker)
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Zask with 1438
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Maskmagog with only 18.5% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is edgeofgrip who completed 68.2% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... Zask with 40 more posts than Born2BSlow.

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox

Race Report from Brands Hatch.

I seem to say this a lot recently, but there was a record turnout with 43 drivers taking part, clocking in over 3,000 laps. Jabbah in particular puts himself well into contention for the "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with over 400 laps.

sean_d is made to work a bit harder than usual by Zask who pushed him hard, but sean_d still claims first place.

However, sean_d is not quite back in League 1 yet, so it's Zask who takes any early lead, followed by e300vkb and Born2BSlow but there's only just over 0.1 sec between the top 4.
In League 2, it's sean_d ahead of Maclean, it's already looking like it's going to be a close fight for the 2nd promotion slot.
In League 3, it's PH_Racing43 well clear of tuomijr who claims 2nd, with only 0.02 sec separating nd from 4th.
In League 4, it's Jabbah from Rakanishu2199. We're getting close to opening up a League 5 here, so if you're in League 4 try and keep in the top 10 to avoid the drop.

In the handicapped championship it's Genetix604 from oldmodelt and molineux1980.
In the team championship it's the off roaders! who take 1 st place but the big news is that the Brake Dancers have slumped with a no-show from team captain Speckle leaving The Bandicoots to take 2nd.

So well done all, phenomenal effort by everyone, and now it's off to the Red Bull Ring in a relatively dinky Mercedes.

Race Report from Red Bull Ring in a Merc A45. 43 people turned up to try and get that little Merc around the course in a reasonable time, and it's normal service with the unbeatable sean_d taking the win.
In League 1, Born2BSlow goes up 2 places and takes the League lead from e300vkb. However with Speckle on a break and going down on no-show rules, sean_d will be coming up and he'll leap straight to the top. Down at the bottom, it's Teamsreth and inthebagbud in the relegation zone.
In League 2, sean_d and FTR mov continue to dominate, the bottom however is going to be tight, there's 7 of us in a 5 point range.
In League 3, Killjoy Snorlax and tuomijr are at the top, at the bottom it's looking like grandadjim going down under no-show, leaving Matt S and 2609stevell in the zone.
In League 4, Jabbah well clear, Danny and Rakanishu2199 chasing.
In the Handicapped Championship, jab1362 wins, and it's oldmodelt from Killjoy Snorlax and RossinHD overall.
In the newly created Knockout Competition we are down to the last 16, Dpb1975, Rakanishu2199, Twistygit, Maskmagog, sean_d, dibs, 2609stevell, Hasslemoff, inthebagbud, SniperAsh6, pmjg66, Djbuzz07, e300kb, myrdo, Jabbah, Born2BSlow.
In the Ballast Championship, it's FTR mov from Danny.
In the Team Championship the off roaders! are well clear of The Bandicoots.
Next race is a step up horsepower wise, with an Aston Martin Vantage GT4 at Oschersleben.

Race Report from Oschersleben.

First of all quick run through the league changes because of no-shows:-
League 1 : Speckle down
League 2 : sean_d up
League 3 : PH_Racing43 up, grandadjim down
League 4 : Jabbah and Rakanishu2199 up

So that has restored the world order and sean_d is back in League 1 and straight in at the top, e300vkb and Born2BSlow following. Down at the bottom, a no-show from Teamsreth sends him to the bottom of the league and then tight betweeen myrdo, Djbuzz07 and inthebagbud for the other slot.
In League 2, VampyrByte wins to close the gap to FTR mov. At the bottom, Dpb1975 in trouble and could be joined by any of Mr Stoopid, Twistygit, Ianb-lincs, SniperAsh6 or MacLean.
In League 3, it's newly promoted Jabbah and Rakanishu2199 straight to the top, Matt S and 2609stevell struggling at the bottom.
In League 4, the no-show re-shuffle leaves Danny and dibs at the top.

In the Knockout competition, we now have the quarter-final lineup, Rakanishu2199 vs Maskmagog, sean_d vs Hasslemoff (tie of the round), SniperAsh6 vs Djbuzz07 and e300vkb bs Born2BSlow (another top tie).
In the Handicapped Championship, RossinHD takes the win and is the new leader.
Ballast Championship is skewed as it's an odd number of races but sean_d wins and takes the lead.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! continue to make hay whilst The Brake Dancers are having a sabbatical, and Fast(ish) n Loud make ground on The Bandicoots in second.

Next race is at Silverstone in a Porsche.

Race Report from Silverstone.

There's no denying a lot of us struggled with the Porsche, but a special shout out to Rakanishu2199 who started 642 laps trying to get the hang of it. 42 drivers took part and 1673 laps were completed, so thank you all for playing along.

sean_d wins again with his 6th victory in a row. In League 1 that leaves him well out in front, with e300vkb and Hasslemoff in 2nd and 3rd. inthebagbud and Teamsreth in the relegation zone.
In League 2, FTR mov is well clear and VampyrByte fairly secure in 2nd. MacLean and Dpb1975 in the relegation zone.
In League 3, Jabbah and Rakanishu2199 also well clear in the promotion slots, Matt S and 2609stevell in the relegation zone.
In League 4, it's Danny from dibs, but a strong start from new joiners NoisyGriff and Chris. There may be an extra promotion slot in this league, if Maclean continues to no-show.
In the Handicapped Championship Matt S takes the victory but its RossinHD well out in the lead.
In the Ballast Championship, FTR mov takes the win and the overall lead.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! win again and are looking at a clean sweep of victories for this championship. Level between Fast(ish) n Loud and The Bandicoots for 2nd.

In the Knockout Cup, we have 'huge' news where there's been 2 giant-killings. Hasslemoff takes out sean_d, despite statistically only having a 12% chance of winning, the randomiser picked a lap that was 0.06 secs quicker than sean_d's (no involvement from me, it's all automated). And SniperAsh6 takes out Djbuzz07 despite only having a 5% chance of winning.
So that means the semi-finals look like:- Rakanishu2199 vs Hasslemoff, SniperAsh6 vs e300vkb.

I think that's all I've got to say, so onwards and forwards to Sakitto in a Ligier.

Race Report from Sakitto. 43 drivers took part with the Ligier being a hell of a lot easier to drive than last week's Porsche, Jabbah certainly liked it, starting nearly 500 laps. In the end though Jabbah's efforts nearly brought him the win until sean_d turned up and set yet another incredible time, 0.7 secs ahead.

So, League 1, sean_d is 5 for 5, and e300vkb had a relatively bad day at the races allowing Hasslemoff and Born2BSlow to catch up a bit for 2nd. inthebagbud and Teamsreth well settled in the relegation zone.
League 2, FTR mov well out in front, but 2nd place still up for grabs between Twistygi and VampyrByte with an outside chance for Maskmagog. Relegation looking likely for Dpb1975 and MacLean.
League 3, Jabbah and Rakanishu2199 now guaranteed promotion, 2609stevell definitely relegated, Matt S fighting with Paicey to avoid the other slot.
League 4, dibs and Danny are up, potentially Genetix604 could join them if MacLean goes down under 'no-show'

Handicapped championship sees Empty_Space77 with the win, but RossinHD has done enough and nobody can catch him now.
Ballast Championship, sean_d takes the win, it's an odd amount of races at the moment so the table is skewed.
Team championship, and it's the the off roaders! again with 5 out of 5, The Bandicoots sneak ahead of Fast(ish) n Loud for 2nd place.

Knockout, the semis went with form and we have our finalists, it's Hasslemoff vs e300vkb in the cup final. Congratulations to SniperAsh6 and Rakanishu2199 for making it this far.

Last race of the season is a BMW 2002 Turbo at Cadwell Park - Woodland, don't forget to log a time if you want to be in the cup competition for next season.

Untitled.png

It's a dominant League Championship win for sean_d, 6 out of 6 wins, and now on 4 total League Title wins, catching Born2BSlow on 5. e300vkb takes 2nd and Hasslemoff is 3rd.
RossinHD wins the Handicapped Championship with Matt S 2nd and Genetix604 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, sean_d takes the victory from myrdo and FTR mov.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! dominate for the win, The Bandicoots 2nd and Fast(ish) n Loud.
The inaugaural Knockout Cup winner was Hasslemoff, beeting e300vkb in the final.

League 1. Demotions : inthebagbud and Teamsreth
League 2. Promotions : FTR Mov and Twistygit. Demotions : Dpb1975 and Maclean
League 3. Promotions : Jabbah and Rakanishu2199. Demotions : Killjoy Snorlax and 2609stevell
League 4. Promotions : dibs, Danny and NoisyGriff

11,775 laps completed.
17,922 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with a remarkable 1517 laps completed is Jabbah
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 739 invalid laps, perhaps unsurprisingly, is again Jabbah
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Zask with 181.46 mph in a Ligier JS P2 Judd
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is SniperAsh6 at Silverstone - International
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Born2BSlow at Sakitto - GP
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is VampyrByte at Oschersleben - C Course
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Jabbah with 2720 (he's had a busy season)
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Hasslemoff with only 19.3% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is edgeofgrip who completed 92.6% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... he's got it again, it's Born2BSlow.

Race Report from Oulton Park.

We have a new record of 48 drivers taking part so we have opened up a new League to cater for the new volume, taking us up to 5 leagues.

League 1. e300vkb takes the win from sean_d and Zask by 0.03 secs. myrdo and Twistygit in the relegation zone.
League 2. Jabbah miles ahead of the rest of us, Maskmagog sitting in second. PH_Racing43 and Teamsreth in the relegation zone.
League 3. Danny and edgeofgrip out in front. Dpb1975 and NoisyGriff in the relegation zone.
League 4. kev7whyte and Speckle leading. Empty_Space77 and 2609stevell in the relegation zone.
League 5. molineux1980 and Boneyard78 leading.
In the Handicapped Championship jab1362 takes the win and the initial championship lead.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! miles ahead from Fast(ish) n Loud and The Bandicoots.

In the Knockout Cup, there was a few shocks, with Rakanishu2199 beating kev7whyte, SniperAsh6 beating Maskmagog. Knockout begins in earnest this week with the rest of us joining in.

Next race is Le Mans Bugatti Circuit in a Ferrari 488 GTE.

Back from my hols now so we can have a Race Report from Monaco. With my predilection for hitting barriers this was not a personal favourite and I must have written off about 50 Honda NSXs.

League 1. After last week's relative disaster sean_d is back to his best and wins by a clear second from e300vkb. It's going to be tight for the championship, if it carries on being sean_d followed by e300vkb for the last 2 races, then by my maths, sean_d would win it by virtue of result countback. myrdo and Twistygit in the relegation zone.
League 2. Jabbah miles ahead of the rest of us, VampyrByte sitting in second. Myself and PH_Racing43 looking doomed in the relegation zone.
League 3. Speckle well in the lead, A_Chalk_Outline currently in 2nd but literally any one of 7 could challenge. Dpb1975 and NoisyGriff in the relegation zone.
League 4. Flagnag winning, kev7whyte and Genetix604 fighting for 2nd. Empty_Space77 and molineux1980 in the relegation zone with 2609stevell also in trouble down there.
League 5. SJD_Prime and Boneyard78 looking good for promotion.
In the Handicapped Championship Boneyard78 takes the win and closes the gap to jab1362.
In the Ballast Championship, Speckle wins but it's sean_d well out in front.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! miles ahead from The Bandicoots and Fast(ish) n Loud.

In the Knockout Cup, there was a result that went against the odds and that was Born2BSlow beating Jabbah, despite Jabbah being 93% odds on. So that gives us our semi-finals, arguably our best 2 drivers are aginst each other, sean_d vs e300vkb, and FTR mov vs Born2BSlow in the other one.

Next race is Spa in a BMW V12 LMR.

Race Report from Historic Spa, possibly the dullest track we've done yet.

This race was all about e300vkb, a storming time through a lot of effort, 207 laps started. sean_d, having a catalogue of hardware failures, sees him only able to take 2nd.

League 1. It's looking like e300vkb could have this one sewn up now, with sean_d 2nd and Zask 3rd. Twistygit and Myrdo all but mathematically down. Hasslemoff could also be going down under 'no-show' rules.
League 2. Jabbah's made it 5 wins from 5 so is now uncatchable, Vampyrbyte secure in 2nd. PH_Racing43 definitely down (no-show rules) and it looks like I'll be keeping him company in the drop down.
League 3. Speckle's won the league, close between A_Chalk_Outline and tuomijr for the other promotion slot. NoisyGriff defintiely down (no-show rules) and Dpb197 likely for the other slot.
League 4. Flagnag has won the League, and Genetix604 clear for the other slot. 2609stevell in trouble (no-show) and Empty_Space77 as well.
League 5. Boneyard78 and SJD_Prime level at the top.

As you can see a lot of people with no-show drops coming up, so keep on pushing as that means more promotion slots open up.

Handicapped Championship and Boneyard78 takes the win and the Championship lead going into the last race, with jab1362 right behind him.
Ballast Championship, e300vkb takes the win and the overall lead.
In the knockout championship e300vkb takes out sean_d and FTR mov beats Born2BSlow. So it's grand final time between e300vkb and FTR mov.
Team Championship, the off roaders!, 5 from 5, totally unbeatable, The Bandicoots wandering along behind them.

Final race of the championship is the Player's Choice, Ford Focus RS RX at Long Beach Street Circuit, good luck all.

Untitled1.png

The summer holidays have caused a few upsets as people disappear to warmer climes.
e300vkb wins the League Championship from sean_d, with Zask taking 3rd.
Boneyard78 wins the Handicapped Championship with jab1362 2nd and SJD_Prime 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, sean_d takes the victory from Djbuzz07 and pmjg66.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! dominate for the win, 6 wins out of 6, The Bandicoots 2nd and Fast(ish) n Loud.
The Knockout Cup winner was e300vkb, beating FTR mov in the final.

League 1. Demotions : Twistygit and myrdo, and unfortunately Hasslemoff for no-show.
League 2. Promotions : Jabbah, inthebagbud and VampyrByte. Demotions : SniperAsh6 and PH_Racing43
League 3. Promotions : Speckle, A_Chalk_Outline and tuomijr. Demotions : edgeofgrip and NoisyGriff (no show)
League 4. Promotions : Flagnag, Genetix604 and kev7whyte. Demotions : Empty_Space77, 2609stevell and Sundaygloom (no show)
League 5. Promotions : SJD_Prime, Boneyard78, GT500Cobra, jab1362 and torquenstein666

4,372 laps completed.
10,253 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 394 laps completed is A_Chalk_Outline
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 165 invalid laps, is again A_Chalk_Outline
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is inthebagbud with 206.08 mph in a BMW V12 LMR
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Twistygit at Azure Circuit
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is sean_d at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic - GP
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is Genetix604 at Long Beach Street Circuit
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Danny with 1029
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Hasslemoff with only 15.7% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is pmjg66 who completed 76.6% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... he's got it again, it's Born2BSlow.

First race report for a while, been a bit swamped at work. There's a lot of no-shows so there's been a lot of league changes to fill the gaps. So we had Watkins Glen (cannot get the hang of that chicaney bit in the middle) in a "for God's sake don't touch the kerb" Radical. Quick shout out to Flagnag who started nearly 350 laps on this combo.

We had our usual top 3 jostling for position, and this week it was sean_d from e300vkb and then Jabbah. In League 1 that puts sean_d top and in the relegation zone we have inthebagbud and VampyrByte.
In League 2, Speckle and Flagnag are well out in front, tuomijr and Rakanishu2199 at the bottom (Rakanishu2199 having to call in his wife as a substitute to avoid the no-show drop, and in the process recording the first ever lap by a female on this site)
In League 3, RossinHD and Rob are in the lead, molineux1980, roist510 and PH_Racing43 in the danger area.
In League 4, torquenstein666 and Sylver in the promotion slots.

In the knockout competition, Jabbah beats e300vkb, and we're down to our final 8, Jabbah v Djbuzz07, SniperAsh6 v Zask, RossinHD v Maskmagog, Matt S v sean_d (good luck Matt!)
In the handicapped championship, Sylver takes the win, but it's Twistygit in the overall lead.
In the Ballast chmapionship, Zask takes the win and sean_d winning overall.
Team Championship and it's the off roaders! just sweeping all before them, Fast(ish) n Loud and The Bandicoots fighting over 2nd.

Next race is at Rouen Les Essarts and we go back to the 80's in a Ford Capri.

Race Report from Rouen les Essarts. Well I didn't get on with that Ford Capri Turbo, but I was in the minority, with a lot of love being shown for the high revving lunatic widow-maker.
The difficulty of the combo was show by the fact that over 1400 laps were started but we only made it to the end of the lap in about 350 of them and also only one person managed to string 6 consecutive laps together without hitting the restart button.

So how did everyone do:-
League 1. sean_d manages an unbelievable lap to take the win by nearly a second from e300vkb and then Jabbah. Down at the bottom Vampyrbyte looks like he's given up and Speckle fails to log a lap, putting him in the relegation zone as well.
League 2. Rakanishu2199 makes a triumphant return to take the win and try and haul himself out of the relegation zone. At the top it's Flagnag from Maskmagog and at the bottom we have Rakanishu2199 and tuomijr.
League 3. Rob takes his 3rd win on the bounce and well clear from dibs in second, but it's going to be tight for second with lots of people making up ground. At the bottom it's torquenstein666 and PH_Racing43.
League 4. Sylver and jab1362 tied for first with Shoeshear catching quick after 2 wins on the trot.

In the Handicapped Championship, sean_d takes the win, this is very unusual which shows how much he out-performed himself for this race.
In the Ballast Championship, inthebagbud wins but again, it's sean_d in the overall lead.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! take the win by a country mile, nearly 14 seconds.
In the Knockout Championship, Jabbah beats Djbuzz07, Zask beats SniperAsh6, Maskmagog beats RossinHD, and sean_d beats Matt S, with the semi-final draw being Jabbah vs Zask and Maskmagog vs sean_d.

And now we're off to the 5th Round of the Championship, an Audi R18 at Imola.

Race report from Imola in a Audi R18 e-tron quattro. Interesting car with lots of downforce and a lot of conversation around the best way to harvest brake energy from the circuit, and a lot of good drivers struggled with it.

League 1. Well it's the usual top 3. sean_d wins it, this time we have Jabbah ahead of e300vkb setting up a nice final round battle for overall 2nd. In the relegation zone, Vampyrbyte has left the building and is down, and Speckle will have to pull something extraordinary out of the bag to get ahead of pmjg66.
League 2. Rakanishu continues his triumphant return, but it's Flagnag still out in front and A_Chalk_Outline moves into 2nd from Maskmagog. Relegation battle, tuomijr down, and it's RossinHD and Twistygit level pegging with one race left.
League 3. Rob makes it 4 wins on the bounce, definitely promoted, dibs looking good for 2nd and Paicey could also go up if VampyrByte continues to no-show. Down at the bottom, PH_Racing43 pulls out a great result to lift himself clear of roist510 and torquenstein666.
League 4. jam_my21 wins this week and it's Sylver and jab1362 in the promotion slots. Potentially 2 extra promotion slots could be available due to no-shows.

In the Knockout Cup, there were no surprises, with Jabbah beating Zask and sean_d beating Maskmagog, setting up the final of Jabbah vs sean_d.
In the Handicapped Championship, Rakanishu2199 wins, but it's still sean_d out in front, still not quite sure how this has happened, the only conclusion I can come to is the bugger is actually getting quicker.
In the Ballast Championship, jam_my21 takes the win, it's again sean_d in the lead overall, but he's taking ballast into the next race so we'll see.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! are killing it with 5 races from 5. Enjoy it while it lasts boys, because you've managed to pick a dream team and are unbeatable, so at the end of this championship the teams are going to be disbanded and you're going to have to pick new team members.

Next race is Nurburgring in a Ferrari F40 LM.

Untitled1.png

sean_d wins the League Championship from e300vkb, with Jabbah taking 3rd.
sean_d wins the Handicapped Championship with Jabbah 2nd and e300vkb 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, sean_d takes the victory from Jabbah and e300vkb.
In the Team Championship, the off roaders! dominate for the win, 6 wins out of 6, Fast(ish) n Loud 2nd and The Bandicoots 3rd.
The Knockout Cup winner was e300vkb, beating FTR mov in the final.

3,914 laps completed.
10,413 miles completed

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 369 laps completed is A_Chalk_Outline (2 times on the trot)
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 222 invalid laps, is inthebagbud
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is jam_my21 with 186.898 mph in a Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2014)
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is UntotenKIA at Nürburgring - GP
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Born2BSlow at Watkins Glen International - Short
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is e300vkb at Nürburgring - GP
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is A_Chalk_Outline with 1132
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is sean_d with only 10.7% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Sylver who completed 82.7% of the laps he started

The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is...... he's got it again, it's Born2BSlow, but closely followed by Jabbah and Genetix604.

Race Update after Bathurst in a Renault Sport R.S. 01.

Mid-Championship no-shows means SniperAsh6 is relegated from League 3 and NeilPearlJam promoted in his stead.

League 1. sean_d makes it 3 from 3, just pipping Jabbah to the win. That leaves him well out in front overall, followed by e300vkb although Jabbah makes up some ground. Down the bottom, A_Chalk_Outline struggling with Flagnag, alhtough surprisingly Born2BSlow with his pedal issues is also flirting with danger.
League 2. Rakanishu2199 wins with pmjg66 second, and they're building a healthy lead from Rob in 3rd. Down at the bottom myself and Paicey have had it.
League 3. Newly promoted NeilPearlJam is straight into the lead of the league, Matt S 2nd with Dpb1975 and Shoeshear close behind. Boneyard78 going down, and tight between molineux1980 and jab1362 for the other slot.
League 4. Very tight at the top between TrigL, tuomijr and jam_my21.

We're up to the Quarter-Finals in the knockout with the survivors being e300vkb, Rakanishu2199, Djbuzz07, Flagnag (lucky win against FTR mov), Twistygit, me, Jabbah and sean_d.
In the Handicapped Championship it's Genetix604 from oldmodelt and chmashdejare.
In the Ballast Championship it's sean_d from e300vkb and Speckle although it's an odd number of races so it will all change after the next one.
In the Team Championship it's the off roaders! from Fast(ish) n Loud and The Brake Dancers.

I think that's my lot, see you at Circuit of the Americas GP in a Ford GT LM GTE.

Back