Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 23,862 comments
Then perfect my lines and being on boost.
Wut?? Is this some secret button I've missed which might explain why bronze is all I'll ever achieve??? 🤣
Having said that silver is so close for this one - I'm at 5.7% off the leader..... half a second to go!

Last edited:
Wut?? Is this some secret button I've missed which might explain why bronze is all I'll ever achieve??? 🤣
Having said that silver is so close for this one - I'm at 5.7% off the leader..... half a second to go!
No secret buttons, Just keeping the engine in the RPM range where there is no turbo lag.

1:28.8, enough for the top 2.6 percent.

I'll be honest, I was dreading the time trial this time around, since the Trial Mountain Type R one seemed a little too easy imo.

Had to go and redo my time twice after getting bumped to silver in the first two days of it going live. Always was a TC1 guy, but I've slowly been spacing myself to use no TC at all both in Time trials, and in the daily races. :lol:

I felt like I was so close to gold on that last time trial with the 2020 Civic Type R at Trial Mountain. Last time I had checked, I was in gold range by only a couple hundredths, but alas, I got silver when it finally came to claiming the money. Still, 1m credits is something I can't turn down. But I definitely don't see myself getting gold here at the Red Bull Ring in the Skyline R30 SS. Silver should be fine for me, here.

But I do wonder if maybe we'll eventually see time trials where we can play with the settings, or better yet, have multiple choices for which car we can use? Maybe there could be a time trial that only has a PP limit, or perhaps both a power and weight limit instead. Hey, some of the daily races have already done this, so why not the time trials?

Last edited:
As others have mentioned. You need to be on the accelerator a second or two earlier than you require full power.

Takes a little practice. But if you nail it you’ll gain at least a few seconds per lap.

Both P1 and P2 have been improving their time and swapping positions a few times since Monday, but the gains are really tiny.
Most likely we're very close to the limit of the combo, so anything under 1:28.9 is pretty much guaranteed gold I think (and hope).
@Sunzi 0.02 may not cut it indeed - last TT I was in similar situation and eventually fell off. Was kind of fun to follow it however :)

I had a quick run on this on Day 2. I think I need to get back out there for another session and get myself into the rankings and record a gold time. I think I'm sitting on 1:30.8 at the moment...

Annoyingly you can't check your recorded time through the GT 7 website, you can only check in the game - they used to show your time and ranking on the old GT Sport site. It would be nice if they could bring that back!

What's the key to being fast at this combo? I remember this circuit being ripe for track limit penalties.

Could be on for my first silver, was close in the fuji one. Did another 10 laps had a lap which was going for low 1.33. Started flapping and messed up on last two corners. 😡😡 1:34.2 current time.
Turn 2 which loses me time I think.

I don't see a gold time with this TT, stuck at 1:30.015,getting better at 1st turn,but it's the 2nd turn that's killing me :irked:
It is a difficult turn (technically it is turn 3). So many times got a decent turn 1 just to see the delta go red after turn 3. I watched MistahMCA and Kie25's guides and those helped; you have to turn in quite late. Kie25's guide is also good to understand which gears to be in to help you rotate the car and floor it on the way out.

I'm down to a high 1:27 and that will do.

It is a difficult turn (technically it is turn 3). So many times got a decent turn 1 just to see the delta go red after turn 3. I watched MistahMCA and Kie25's guides and those helped; you have to turn in quite late. Kie25's guide is also good to understand which gears to be in to help you rotate the car and floor it on the way out.

Thanks for the advice, got in the 1:33s last night.only had time for a few laps. I will check those guides out though 👍

They don't seem to tell you much other than what circuit experience tells you. Keep plodding on to my silver goal.

They don't seem to tell you much other than what circuit experience tells you. Keep plodding on to my silver goal.
These golden laps are beyond my abilities, I can see what they are doing but no chance of replicating it. Trial and error on my own is the only way I improve, just keep lapping until something clicks. I was a couple of hundredths inside silver early on, probably near a second outside now. Will put some time in this weekend around the Nations/Manufacturers races to try and get it back.

These golden laps are beyond my abilities, I can see what they are doing but no chance of replicating it. Trial and error on my own is the only way I improve, just keep lapping until something clicks. I was a couple of hundredths inside silver early on, probably near a second outside now. Will put some time in this weekend around the Nations/Manufacturers races to try and get it back.

I still rented one to keep the fictional miles off my SSS! ha :D

Nice one creeping into the 28s. I'm hoping I've done enough because it took me a while to really nail turn 1 - could only get it in chase cam, then would switch to hood view for the remainder of the lap as it seems to reduce the feeling of understeer.

I use chase cam ordinarily.

@Gogga

Last edited:
Back