Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,360 comments
The new TT has already started yesterday and the site has not yet been updated, however the TT Suzuka GR.2 was inserted on the site 4 days before.
As for this TT, it's funny, it's difficult to make a clean lap, but with some persistence you can do it. So I really miss the Maserati in Australia, I really liked it!

I also use this back button for gears, I find it so much easier.

View attachment 1282390

I have them set up so that down shift is right hand and up shift is left hand as it seems better when accelerating with right trigger and braking with left trigger, so that I'm not using two fingers on one hand at the same time which in turn means that I can then be smoother with acceleration and braking.

Accelerating with right hand but upshift with left hand.

Braking with left hand but downshifting with right hand.

Opposite to on the wheel but I tried the back buttons the same way as the wheel and I was so inconsistent with smooth trigger movements because of it.

This and motion sense is as close to the wheel as I can get when I can't be bothered the set the rig up 😂
Glad to learn that I am not the only one on motion sensor steering 😊
Do you want to share more about those buttons please.
What are they, where dig you got them, your experience with them and so on...
Thanks in advance.

Dont base the brake points based on the replay in game. that is actually visually delayed a bit. For example t1 im braking just a tiny bit after the orange marshall near 200m board but replay showing im braking way later at the white line on the asphalt.
Yep. Replay doesnt count reflex time. I mean that when you think ”brake now” theres a delay when your foot really start braking.

Still, super lap man. Oh and thers still few tenths in your T1 😄😄😄

Don't include me for this TT, @half_sourly :lol:
👍

I'm going on holiday late next week so will miss half of the Porsche TT. That means I will probably be outside the top 1,000 and 20th on my friend list, but for now this will do.
Screenshot_20230825_194325_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_194307_Chrome.jpg

Suzuka TT seems that it could maybe be possible to gold. Finally gave it a go, a low 1.52 in just 10 minutes, and the lap felt quite good. More practice and checking a good fast onboard lap, and maybe I can find a half a second or so. Gonna silver my second acc next.

Ferrari P4 TT at Monza was a bit tricky at first, but once you get the car and lap dialed in it is very much doable. 1.46.858 after a 30-40 min session. Easy gold I think 🤔.

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_010848377_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230826_010848377_HDR.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
evening all!! slightly frustrating evening tonight; solely concentrating on Suzuka as I’m away most of this week so trying to make a good time stick. The slightly over aggressive spin mechanics of GT7 have getting to me this evening, especially after a session on ACC which feels a lot more natural and less random…

Anyways that’s the last gripe about GT7, plenty of gripes about myself! Sub 1:50 was the goal and whilst achieved, I never completed a lap I was entirely happy with. The best news was finally getting Spoon right a couple of times which might help me shave a few tenths off a perfect lap. I feel 1:49.5 is possible but I don’t think I’ll get it! Great trial thought and when the NSX is good it’s very very good!

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

Back to the usual with the friends leaderboard.. flying Finns making the rest of us look slow!
@Gomario JSP honestly the haptic triggers were mind blowing for me and added an extra layer of immersion, I do wonder whether the ps5s extra processing power makes life a bit more difficult than on the PS4 (PS4 users come at me!! 😝).

No Ferrari laps today but I had fun taking shots of this beautiful thing last night.. mainly whilst going sideways or airborne 😁

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg
IMG_1961.jpeg

Yep. Replay doesnt count reflex time. I mean that when you think ”brake now” theres a delay when your foot really start braking.

Still, super lap man. Oh and thers still few tenths in your T1 😄😄😄
There are many tenths everywhere lap is very messy but I only reached the final corner a handful of times 🤣🤣 2nd chicane and ascari killed me quantillion times

Here comes ol' Dolph with his gripe despite a good time! :lol: I felt I didn't get through the first chicane quite as well as I wanted. And the Lesmos would have been better if not for my slides, especially Lesmo 1. As much as I pushed for a sub 1:46, I just couldn't quite put it together. I'll get there, though.

IMG_2301.jpg

Don't even get me started on lap 3. Apparently I must have put one of my tires a millimeter too far onto the curb in the second chicane and picked up a penalty for it. I continued on with the lap, only to stare at my screen in disgust knowing what could have been. :grumpy:
IMG_2300.jpg

Glad to learn that I am not the only one on motion sensor steering 😊
Do you want to share more about those buttons please.
What are they, where dig you got them, your experience with them and so on...
Thanks in advance.
A bit of an off topic although I do use this for TTs as metioned previously, but also tend to use this more than the G29 nowadays.

IMG_20230826_094936.jpg
IMG_20230826_094845.jpg
IMG_20230826_094900.jpg
IMG_20230826_094907.jpg

IMG_20230826_095902.jpg

When the Sony back button came out a long time ago, I was looking to get one but never did.

I came across this one in a Game store sat next to the sony one and this looked more suitable in comparison.

I started looking at four trigger versions but as I mainly only race (no shooter titles) I didn't see the point in more than just the two.

It does feel a bit cheap but it's very comfortable to use and lightweight, buttons don't make a loud click but you can feel when you have pressed them and I haven't had any issues in the last two years with it.

It has a mic and headset volume dial on either side and a mic mute button too. You do have to charge it but for the amount of time I get online it hasn't ran out of battery, I just plug it into the PS USB port each time I've finished.

It's definitely improved the experience on a controller especially paired with motion steering, and made it much easier to changes gears and smoothly accelerate and brake.

The buttons can be mapped to whichever button you choose with the dial on the back, I have it set for L3 and R3 as I don't use them for anything else.

I would definitely recommend getting one if you are a controller user.

I don't get much time online due to my job but having this is a quick easy alternative to setting up the rig when I don't have time.

Also found using 3rd finger easier and more comfortable to press it, took a little time to get used to, just like anything else.

IMG_20230826_095824.jpg

Hope this helps other controller users.

Behold my terrible gold lap 🤣🤣
I had a few minutes to spare but haven't got 1 clean lap in 🤣

And now of to F1 Zandvoort! 😁 (10km from my house) 🤣

Are you doing the whole weekend? I visited Zandvoort (track) in February for the first time, a great place to visit when it isn't on raceday (less said about the town the better :odd:). Fun fact I was born in Heemstede and lived in Lisse when I was young, and my family had a house in Noordwijk-aan-zee for a few years in the late 90s. Great country, great people! I'm jealous :bowdown:

(Sorry mods for going off topic....) errrr time trial something something etc etc Ferrari lesmo ascari grrr

A bit of an off topic although I do use this for TTs as metioned previously, but also tend to use this more than the G29 nowadays.

View attachment 1282846View attachment 1282847View attachment 1282848View attachment 1282849
View attachment 1282851
When the Sony back button came out a long time ago, I was looking to get one but never did.

I came across this one in a Game store sat next to the sony one and this looked more suitable in comparison.

I started looking at four trigger versions but as I mainly only race (no shooter titles) I didn't see the point in more than just the two.

It does feel a bit cheap but it's very comfortable to use and lightweight, buttons don't make a loud click but you can feel when you have pressed them and I haven't had any issues in the last two years with it.

It has a mic and headset volume dial on either side and a mic mute button too. You do have to charge it but for the amount of time I get online it hasn't ran out of battery, I just plug it into the PS USB port each time I've finished.

It's definitely improved the experience on a controller especially paired with motion steering, and made it much easier to changes gears and smoothly accelerate and brake.

The buttons can be mapped to whichever button you choose with the dial on the back, I have it set for L3 and R3 as I don't use them for anything else.

I would definitely recommend getting one if you are a controller user.

I don't get much time online due to my job but having this is a quick easy alternative to setting up the rig when I don't have time.

Also found using 3rd finger easier and more comfortable to press it, took a little time to get used to, just like anything else.

View attachment 1282852

Hope this helps other controller users.
Thank you for great explanation. I now remember that I saw those and they were for Dualschock and I was searching back then for one for Dualsense and could not find any.
If anyone know there is one for DualSense I am grateful for link 😊
And I will search myself now again, maybe there is new product that emerged, kinda never read those e-mail news 😁

Thank you for great explanation. I now remember that I saw those and they were for Dualschock and I was searching back then for one for Dualsense and could not find any.
If anyone know there is one for DualSense I am grateful for link 😊
And I will search myself now again, maybe there is new product that emerged, kinda never read those e-mail news 😁
You can find it here :
https://gioteck.com/bb1-back-button-attachment-ps4/

Got home from another week of traveling with work - bronze at Bathurst as reported previously. Didn’t have either the time or the inclination to grind it out and my final time may have been after less than 100 miles but was also my 4th clean lap. Just not enjoyable for me.

Pleased my Suzuka time is holding for gold, I don’t think there’s much left in the tank there.

Had 50 miles at Monza this morning - I do like this track and the car is nice to drive and sounds epic. Into the 47’s and just off gold so far, but optimals in the 46’s and will enjoy chasing the tenths on this event. Track limits are a little invasive, but I much prefer this system where the lap is invalidated immediately and doesn’t mess up your next lap - why can’t it be like this all the time?

Edit- spell check corrections (again)

Last edited:
Back