Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,386 comments
I rescind my best wishes, I hope those sausage kerbs flip you into another dimension.

Edit: oh you sneaky little... I can only admire you for this.
Ok it was funny 5 mns but can you please remove the curse, now?
Since, I'm no more able to lap consistently but I would appreciate to gold this TT (I swear, I won't score under 1:52.5...)

Thanks for your consideration :)

PS: ohh nooo, not in public please.... :sly:

Got it. Hopefully this 1/10th of cushion will stick

IMG_4230.jpeg

First rip around Dragon Trail in the Mercedes today, and damn - this one’s fun. I went in expecting frustration, but this car has the perfect amount of driftiness to almost make it feel like I’m playing an arcade racer, so I felt right at home.

Snagged a pretty good time of 1:52:956 after 11 laps - I’ll be back for more, as I’m pretty sure I can get more out of it.

Happy sliding everyone.

Last edited:
Get up very early, drink coffee and switched back to Genesis.

And, FINALLY, made it!!

18dca2967f952-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here is the lap, I almost crashed at downhill, but somehow managed to keep it clean.

It's on very edge, I really, really hope so that aliens won't improve further in that last day...
I drove almost 2500km with Genesis in that TT!

18dca29b31954-screenshotUrl.jpg

Spent an hour yesterday evening at Bathurst trying to get that sub 2:01 lap but I could not beat my 2:01.178 lap time.
It seems like its near impossible for me. The best I managed last night was 2:01:4xx
Will have one last go at it later this evening.
This TT has made it on to my favourites list. Im happy with my time achieved.

Here is the lap:

Get up very early, drink coffee and switched back to Genesis.

And, FINALLY, made it!!

View attachment 1330122

Here is the lap, I almost crashed at downhill, but somehow managed to keep it clean.

It's on very edge, I really, really hope so that aliens won't improve further in that last day...
I drove almost 2500km with Genesis in that TT!

View attachment 1330123

Awesome! Great to see people sneaking in after all the effort, let's all hope the time doesn't come down further.

This morning i woke up with a little mission...... ( don't mentioning the same mission i had the past week... )
But while everybody sub 52 this thing for my feeling i can not find the right flow to do so.

I had a little brain activity ..... what if i'm overdriving???

wile-e-coyote-thinking.gif

I had to adapt to that the first million laps i did this morning (200+ km's)
But finally got sort of a rithm where i had multiple .1xx after each other so clearly i was on to something after almost a week...

At the end of my session with to laps to go timewise i hit my PB, next lap i was a tenth under in S2 but did cut the second salami to much what unsettled the car to much, but that was my first 1:15.9xx.. before the salami turns of doom... so could have been better...

but FINALLY into the 51's! , with a S2 ending in .144 with an avarage S1 and a very reserved Salami approach i crossed the line in 1:51.898 ....

Sorry not sorry @Evilmuffin :lol:
( i'm sure you'll hit a .7xx or something soon but i'm celebrating while it last )

@Barareklam :):):lol:

45719ed0533eaed76ede0f844781e962.gif

For now, back to work and try to keep my eyes open...... :lol::lol:

18dca93a7fd95-screenshotUrl.jpg

18dca93b73b46-screenshotUrl.jpg

I don't like the Mercedes TT anymore, since Jeddah kicked me out of gold, I went back there and tried to improve... no patience, always overdriving and messing up almost every corner consistently. Today is a new day and the weekend with more time to spare is coming, so looking forward (or not, depends on my mood) to improve into the golds again, or at least try to.

On MP I still was in the gold, but decided it's too close for comfort. So hopped in the Genesis, did 3 laps and improved to a 2:01:4xx. Sometimes it just works as intended.

Btw: would be nice to have some of you with about similar pace in my friend list. I'm usually into gold, but by a few tenths maximum.

I don't like the Mercedes TT anymore, since Jeddah kicked me out of gold, I went back there and tried to improve... no patience, always overdriving and messing up almost every corner consistently. Today is a new day and the weekend with more time to spare is coming, so looking forward (or not, depends on my mood) to improve into the golds again, or at least try to.

On MP I still was in the gold, but decided it's too close for comfort. So hopped in the Genesis, did 3 laps and improved to a 2:01:4xx. Sometimes it just works as intended.

Btw: would be nice to have some of you with about similar pace in my friend list. I'm usually into gold, but by a few tenths maximum.
Dont over drive the Merc. Let it roll a bit more. Earlier on the brakes and aim for those smooth exits. You will get it right.

Feel free to add my psn: free_styler786

Man Mount Panorama was fun!
I was amazed at how much of a difference there was out of the gate in regards to how it was easy to extract performance from one car to another at this track between the cars I tried.

2 weeks ago with the 458 I spent about 2 hours grinding just to get a 2:04 flat and I felt that was about the best I could achieve with it. Car was a handful!

took a break from GT7 for the past week

today I had an hour tops to spare, so I drove 18 laps(15 of which were DQ'd) with the 911 RSR and I easily managed to beat my time by almost 2 seconds. Car drove much MUCH better.
(left .4 to .5 on the table)

Tried the AMG GT just for fun and I managed to beat my best time to this point by a few tenths within 5 laps. Again way easier to achieve than with the previous car.

As my time window was closing, watched the leaderboard and I moved on quickly to the Genesis(since I won't be able to make time to play on the last day of this TT). I was able to get gold on lap 2 mainly because of the cars'straight line speed advantage and how easily predictable the car was.

Once I was done lapping, I went ahead and watched the leader's replay and I must say it is a very impressive display of skills and precision...if you're here 👍👍

Congrats to all those who have done well as this is not an easy track at all, but what a blast it is!

Last edited:

I feel the exact same experience with that Merc. I was at 0.030 from gold and Jeddah came. Plus, I was cursed by @PlanetJanet , so you imagine... :(

I'll be glad to be friend, as I'm mostly a silver/gold TT player:
1708508322651.png

We also race on sundays with @smoothbore12 @Lomic @Gorefast but just for fun. You'll be welcome to participate :)

@Pesselles, I sincerely hope for you to find peace with your German lady and reach the Gold, consider the curse lifted. ;)

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Please, give the Fair Play Nobel price to that man!!!

Clapping Applause GIF

[OFFTOPIC]
I had a relationship with a German lady but it didn't end very well... I'm much more lucky with German cars^^ So thanks, I'll do my best... to not score under 1:52.5...
[/OFFTOPIC]

that moment where you see a lot of posts, you get all excited about the idea that tonight or tomorrow you can finally get your hands back on the TT and do similar posts is kind of like when finished with the draft and waiting for the trainin camp you're so high that you think your team is going to win the superbowl...

...then comes the first game....

Mount Panorama was tough... not driven the Genesis before and took ages to work out where to coast, where to shift, how much throttle was ok... I recommended the McLaren to the boy and he quickly got a safe gold, meanwhile I did 10x more laps trying to tame the beast.

Just announced Manu Cup has 28 laps of Bathurst in GT3's on RH only :eek: (McLaren pls)

IMG_8258 2.JPG

Back