Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,366 comments
53550354133_5f7ba29837_o.jpg

So getting into the gold bracket was quite easy, and I thought, "well, that's enough" but then I saw @Pesselles time and immediately changed my mind. If he get can do a 1:19.3, so can I because in pretty much every other time trial I've done, I've beaten him. Some time later I managed to improve by almost half a second, which was enough to overcome the deficit.
53550354138_6e0b24c51e_o.jpg

I think this is my best time trial result by some margin. Barely sneaking in to the top 1000 and getting within 2% of the top time.

Last edited:
What a tail of two two tracks. The Ford at Grand Balley South I have a +1.5% time, top 600 globally. The 190E ar DTG I’m at +8.12% languishing at 82,000th globally.

I hate the 190E. Every car should be rounded up and lit on 🔥.

🤪

Edit. After getting frustrated with oversteer crashing I switch counter steer on to strong. That has allowed be to get to 1:53.857 +3.15%. Perhaps gold is achievable with this horrid car after all? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
View attachment 1331402
So getting into the gold bracket was quite easy, and I thought, "well, that's enough" but then I saw @Pesselles time and immediately changed my mind. If he get can do a 1:19.3, so can I because in pretty much every other time trial I've done, I've beaten him. Some time later I managed to improve by almost half a second, which was enough to overcome the deficit.
View attachment 1331405
I think this is my best time trial result by some margin. Barely sneaking in to the top 1000 and getting within 2% of the top time.
Wow. Lol, you are sneaky!! How did you do that so quick, did you save the replay. I need some help with this one. I got about 4-5 days worth of posts to read and catch up on.

Last edited:
I watched your lap. It's interesting how AT keeps you locked in 3rd throughout the whole lap (except for a few seconds around turn 4), and you're still within reach of 1:18.x. Really shows how smooth your lines are! Keep going!
Thanks my friend, really appreciate your feedback!

Yes, AT is not a disadvantage on this TT and that's explains also mainly why my score is so good. I only have to focus on braking points and on the line. I try not to "over drive" the car, despite the pleasure to drive it as fast as possible. The curves, the down and ups are just joyful.

In the next coming days, I should be close to your "exclusive" club is I'm not too bad. I couldn't expect such high ranking, so now it's only for the fun :dopey:

Wow. Lol, you are sneaky!! How did you do that so quick, did you save the replay. I need some help with this one. I got about 4-5 days worth of posts to read and catch up on.
I didn't save the replay, no, but the trick here is using as much of the road as possible. Braking and steering accuracy is key, because if you lose momentum, you'll struggle to get it back. Pay close attention to how the car moves and try to establish a solid driving line that allows you to maintain the most amount of speed. Once you figure that out, you should be able to push the car in the braking zones and hustle it through the corners. For a less experienced driver, this time trial will prove extremely helpful in understanding car control.

I guess I'll go back to the Mercedes TT for now, then once it ends I'll return to GV and break a super record in the old Ford Roadster! We'll see how everything goes once I do.

I need to be prepared to have excellent driving lines, braking and strong corner exits to pull a good lap. So I better get to studying and paying attention to certain replays that you guys post.

Well, just a few hrs into the Roadster TT, this happened 😨

53551195490_8e8dac3f2f_k.jpg

First time entering the Top 1000 🔥
Let's see if i can imagine a 18 lap, should be doable - watch your back again @crome 😂
Wow, that's a fantastic and very promising score, my FRIEND
(the enemies of my enemies are my best friends!!!)

Jeddah, you're a real pain in the.... controller....:irked::ouch: Go clean your room, naughty boy... :D

Few laps between the mountains today, hearing those tjilping birds wisle louder than the V8 when you turn in before the mainstraight....😂😂

Somany possible fast endings this morning.....🙈

Had one descent lap in but was to wide before the entry of the second tunnel for my liking so lost a bit of time there, looked at the replay and indeed.....it was close...🙈 I think my tire touched the square base of it but that apparently doesnt invalidate 🤪🤪

1000017534.jpg

S2 was descent with 49.183 tho so I was a little reserved for that final corner 🤔
But did manage to scrape some time off my PB.... went from. 606 to .585 which netted me only a handfull of positions...(12 which is more than a hanfull i know 🙈)

To bizar that this prob not even going to stick as top 100...

1000017535.jpg

1000017536.jpg

And mindblowing that I have guys on the board that do .2...3's and 4's.....
You guys are to just to quick!

Last edited:
Happy birthday and anniversary Tidg! Many thanks for all the time trial guides you did. You certainly helped dragging me from a barely silver player to now with occassional top 100.

If you ever run out of video idea...please consider doing some driving techniques videos. Anything from finding the racing line to how to release the brakes during trail braking. I'm sure a lot of us here would love to know how a top player do all tjese so effortlessly!

Thankyou and I'm glad they've helped you get way up the board! In terms of video ideas, as has been mentioned the driving school is probably the best part of that and contains all sorts of information. While it is GT Sport every part of it is applicable to GT7 and other racing games/sims as well;

Day one with the Roadster for me. This time trial is a great combo. I was skeptical at first about the enjoyment factor, but once you get into in, the laps just keep on giving. I still don't know how to take turn 1 and the final turn. I just brake, close my eyes and hope for the best 🤣

View attachment 1331311

Happy birthday and anniversary @Tidgney.
Thanks for all the guides.
Caught a bit of your Tipsy Tidge stream last week.. Had me laughing.
Thankyou, and everyone for the happy wishes! Haha, ye they're always good fun and just their for enjoyment and a laugh so glad you also laughed :cheers:

Last edited:
I still had the 52 in my mind before even starting the Roadster TT... and i finally did it!!! 😁🔥

@crome time to get to work buddy 😎
This is definitely the best i can do, so it's time to move on to the next one!

Well, just a few hrs into the Roadster TT, this happened 😨

First time entering the Top 1000 🔥
Let's see if i can imagine a 18 lap, should be doable - watch your back again @crome 😂
Argh, would you please let me catch my breath? :D
Cat Playing GIF

I'll see what I can do with the Merc tonight.

Last edited:
This morning i woke up with a little mission......

@Barareklam :):):lol:

View attachment 1330189

For now, back to work and try to keep my eyes open...... :lol::lol:

View attachment 1330191
@Gomario JSP I got time today for one session on Dragon Trail Gardens

1708861623534.gif

1000019391.jpg

Yes, finally!!! Persistence pays off this time at Dragon Trail

And I have my revenge (until the you-know-whos put in faster times before the TT ends next week). :P
View attachment 1331280
@Dolph Drago Still few days until Thursday morning, go for it, page 1 world leaderboard wait for you, you can do it!

@Gomario JSP I got time today for one session on Dragon Trail Gardens

View attachment 1331472
View attachment 1331473

@Dolph Drago Still few days until Thursday morning, go for it, page 1 world leaderboard wait for you, you can do it!
Yeah.....you always have that kind of people that only take one session to eleminate the rest...... I busted my b*lls to get that .8xx 😂😂 and was soooo done with it.....

1000017537.gif

I feel deveated......😂😂

Great job mate, GT Planet is like a Chamber of secrects lately, it pops out to many fast simracers 🙈😂😂😂, I'm getting to old for this.....😂😂😂

Yeah.....you always have that kind of people that only take one session to eleminate the rest...... I busted my b*lls to get that .8xx 😂😂 and was soooo done with it.....

View attachment 1331499

I feel deveated......😂😂

Great job mate, GT Planet is like a Chamber of secrects lately, it pops out to many fast simracers 🙈😂😂😂, I'm getting to old for this.....😂😂😂
Yeah, the world is full of "Oh, I just did 5 laps for testing and I'm barely in the World Top 20... not bad"....

Gna Gna Gna Whatever GIF by EUX Compagnie d'Improvisation

And of course, people like you and me are still struggling to find a decent line after 50 laps...
Why the others players (mainly, Germans) are so cruel?

Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

View attachment 1331499

I feel deveated......😂😂

Ah no way you are getting too old, I am 15 years older than you. You got this mate and I admire your determination to turn on alarm 5 in the morning to play Gran Turismo. You will beat me tomorrow morning, the only thing on the leaderboard you will hate in the morning is @Dolph Drago 1:51.6* that might be difficult to reach...
I am glad to see more and more people getting faster and faster times, even if @half_sourly try to tone down his part in it, I believe his leaderboard push more of us to get better times. Honestly in case of dragon trails I was happy with 1:51.9** but then you two beat me so I wanted to see if I can get that opt 1:51.7** to beat you two... I mean you know the drill 😁

Latest Posts

Back