Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,330 comments
Happy with 3rd. Although absolutely fuming about invalidating the final corner on a 1 tenth PB at split 2 (.794!)

Final corner torment describes this combo really well🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226_001409.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_001409.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 8
BWX
That's cool that you keep up a leader board. Maybe it'll give me some motivation to try harder and git gud!

And using a wheel.

How do you keep track of everyone's times though? Do you have to go through the thread or can you see it in the person's profile somewhere?
Hi, here are your personal results to date.

driver.jpg

Switched to the autoclub in the roadster and made some progress. Struggling to find any consistency in the last corner.

IMG_4161.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

Not sure if this one isn’t popular or actually a bit difficult for terrestrials, I don’t usually end up inside the 15k mark with a silver time.

Down to a 1:55 flat in the other of the horrid TTs and leaving it there.

Another (little) improvement here on Grand Valley with "Road Runner" :sly:

That last turn is really intolerable... While I was really satisfy with my 2 first sector times, I've totally *****ed up there and probably missed a sub 1:19.3xx :irked::banghead:

But I didn't gave up and finally, I've gained 6 hundredths on my previous PB. Not much but I'm almost comfortable with the 2 first sectors. Like many players, I really need to find consistency on that damned last turn.

1708874356739.png

I have no other ambition to end in the Top 1500, and possibly with few tenths less...
#KeepPushing

Another (little) improvement here on Grand Valley with "Road Runner" :sly:

That last turn is really intolerable... While I was really satisfy with my 2 first sector times, I've totally *****ed up there and probably missed a sub 1:19.3xx :irked::banghead:

But I didn't gave up and finally, I've gained 6 hundredths on my previous PB. Not much but I'm almost comfortable with the 2 first sectors. Like many players, I really need to find consistency on that damned last turn.

View attachment 1331573

I have no other ambition to end in the Top 1500, and possibly with few tenths less...
#KeepPushing
What assists are you using if i may ask? I only have ABS weak and countersteer weak, the rest off. AT shouldn't hurt in this TT so 18 should be possible for you mate 😁

What assists are you using if i may ask? I only have ABS weak and countersteer weak, the rest off. AT shouldn't hurt in this TT so 18 should be possible for you mate 😁
Of course you may ask, my friend !
I only have weak ABS here, nothing else :)
You can check that on my latest replay:

1708875923304.png

Speaking about "Sub 1:19"... yes it could be doable with AT but I really need to find consistency on the last turn.
But dunno if I really want to enter this "exclusive" club with some Germans inside, can you imagine? :scared:

Ah no way you are getting too old, I am 15 years older than you. You got this mate and I admire your determination to turn on alarm 5 in the morning to play Gran Turismo. You will beat me tomorrow morning, the only thing on the leaderboard you will hate in the morning is @Dolph Drago 1:51.6* that might be difficult to reach...
I am glad to see more and more people getting faster and faster times, even if @half_sourly try to tone down his part in it, I believe his leaderboard push more of us to get better times. Honestly in case of dragon trails I was happy with 1:51.9** but then you two beat me so I wanted to see if I can get that opt 1:51.7** to beat you two... I mean you know the drill 😁
15 years? Man I thought I was old.. 🤪😂😘
Yeah his leaderboard made GT7 for me, I only do trials and it has become 200% competitive since the introduction of the community board, I love it, and a lot of the guys here grow insanely fast because of this thread.

For DTG.... for me personally one week is enough, I'll loose interest in a trial if I'm putting in to much work, maby it seems it comes easy to me but..... golding it is most of the time within a few laps, but the real faster and competitive laps take time with me, a lot of time I'll hit 6 mornings with aroumd 200km each, those are my sessions where I can focus, then one week is MORE than enough 😂😂

So no return for me 😉

And uuuh...... @Dolph Drago .....a .6xx.....seriously? Come ooonnnn...... well done mate!, that's insane!

Yeah his leaderboard made GT7 for me, I only do trials and it has become 200% competitive since the introduction of the community board, I love it, and a lot of the guys here grow insanely fast because of this thread.
I totally second this message, as I'm one of these guys who've learned so much thanks to this fabulous community.
I'm absolutly sure I wouldn't be that fast today without this thread.

:bowdown:

Feeling pretty good about this morning. Had one of the best sessions I've ever had in a Time Trial.
18de12a90b230-screenshotUrl.jpg

18de13268e370-screenshotUrl.jpg

18de130b17f12-screenshotUrl.jpg

Optimals show even better but I dunno man. I'm about at my limit I think. Sorry the video is weird with the lap overlap. I screwed it up but there are three views of the lap. Tell me where to improve, aliens!

also, @Metalgear9493 and @Boabdulrahman thank you for your amazing laps that got me this far. Your ghosts pushed me tremendously farther than I thought I could go.

Last edited:
@Famine or some of you guys admins, maybe it would be interesting with an article on GT planet about @half_sourly and his leaderboard statistics that made many members faster? Just a suggestion 😊

The results for TT65 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT66 at Dragon Trail - Gardens Reverse in the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91.

View attachment 1331592 View attachment 1331595

Just want to say THANK YOU @half_sourly for making GT7 great for me (and a lot of others) again. So nice to see the ranking etc, keeps me motivated to play. Keep it up!! 💜🙏

Rest assured I have not acquired that time and am still at .850. It's just a wild prediction that @Barareklam threw out there! :lol:

I'm taking a break from both TT's today to focus on the weekly challenges. I'll be back at one of them tomorrow. :)
That oughta' take you about 30 minutes. Unless you decide to make them "challenging", in which case it might take you more time pickin' out a car to use on each than it will to actually do them. I'm not near as talented as most around these here parts so I grabbed what I figured could win in my hands and got done in about an hour.

@Famine or some of you guys admins, maybe it would be interesting with an article on GT planet about @half_sourly and his leaderboard statistics that made many members faster? Just a suggestion 😊
Nice suggestion, thank you. I'd propose holding off as there are some wheels turning in the background led by @GTP_Dutchy with support as required from @crome and me. Once that has momentum it might be a better time for wider exposure.

Can't say more about what or when and ask that you give it some room, because Dutchy is doing it on the side and it might take a while.
:cheers:

That oughta' take you about 30 minutes. Unless you decide to make them "challenging", in which case it might take you more time pickin' out a car to use on each than it will to actually do them. I'm not near as talented as most around these here parts so I grabbed what I figured could win in my hands and got done in about an hour.
They didn't take too long. :D I usually pick out the fastest legal car in my garage for the lower races since I have no particular interest in them. The Tesla was a pain in the butt. It's as if that thing uses Fred Flintstone brakes. I actually restarted the race a couple of time because I went flying off track on multiple occasions. And I HATE not being able to hear the engine. The Watkins Glen race was a walk in the park. My goodness is the Honda NSX GT500 '08 a nice car! I went in with racing mediums, pitted halfway for a new pair of boots and minimal amount of fuel and won by a good 50 seconds.

Nice suggestion, thank you. I'd propose holding off as there are some wheels turning in the background led by @GTP_Dutchy with support as required from @crome and me. Once that has momentum it might be a better time for wider exposure.

Can't say more about what or when and ask that you give it some room, because Dutchy is doing it on the side and it might take a while.
:cheers:
And we can't thank you guys enough :cheers:

This board has been bringing us tons of fun with some really cool "friendly" competition. It is serious entertaining just to read those 💩 flinging post because someone managed to get ahead by a few 100ths 🤪

Day 2 at Grand Valley.

WR lap watched and ghost loaded. Studied the lap guide by @Tidgney. Livery applied.

18de1cb3e4c80-screenshotUrl.jpg

It was a decent 30 lap stint. Still working a few things out but I managed a little over 2 tenths over yesterday's time. Optimal lap is in the 18's and I think I'll push for it.

18de1cb1cd421-screenshotUrl.jpg
18de1ca482a8-screenshotUrl.jpg

Still having a good time. I'm losing most of my time exiting turn 1, the first right of sector 2 and the last turn.

I managed to get a 1,53,543 today thanks to everyone here. Good times.

Funny thing I have to revisit all of the CE’s again because of physics changes. I really wish they would reward again but it’s still fun trying to grab the friends list top 10. Lots of fun here even though it’s a reverse of our current tt.

Good times 👍

They didn't take too long. :D I usually pick out the fastest legal car in my garage for the lower races since I have no particular interest in them. The Tesla was a pain in the butt. It's as if that thing uses Fred Flintstone brakes. I actually restarted the race a couple of time because I went flying off track on multiple occasions. And I HATE not being able to hear the engine. The Watkins Glen race was a walk in the park. My goodness is the Honda NSX GT500 '08 a nice car! I went in with racing mediums, pitted halfway for a new pair of boots and minimal amount of fuel and won by a good 50 seconds.
Same here...but I used the Audi DTM instead. I also didn't get a single reward for the weekly challenge because of a bug that PD didn't even know how to fix 🤧

This board has been bringing us tons of fun with some really cool "friendly" competition. It is serious entertaining just to read those 💩 flinging post because someone managed to get ahead by a few 100ths 🤪
Speaking of which ... your move @Rayquaza 😂

1708893284100.png

Wow, really really happy with this, it's by far my best placement to date.
The lap was actually faster than all my previous optimums, so I guess this is the limit for me. If you beat this, the glory is yours ;)

Next stop: Dragon Trail, I have to try to use the momentum :D

Back