Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,386 comments
18e0ad7168039-screenshotUrl.jpg

18e0ad6d6bb27-screenshotUrl.jpg

18e0ad69f8040-screenshotUrl.jpg

Animated GIF

53566965512_478a94ecf8_k.jpg

BIG Improvements on the ring today, shaved almost a full second of my (already) gold time. With even more promising optimals...

53566965477_efbf938a96_n.jpg

Also @crome i love how i'm getting good at this one and you're almost going into a 45 lap 😂

Also gave up on improving the Roadster TT, i think i hit my max on that one.

Keep it up everyone!

I will try today when I come home from work what you say with Tomahawk how it feels. I learn something new every day.

Regarding controller sensitivity on 10 always, I actually had it on 10 for very long time, maybe a year and few months, then I couldn't really turn in how I wanted on some TT, think it was red bull junior on Atlanta, but I might remember wrong, so I started playing with sensitivity settings, and listen to this, in some TTs , car actually turns in better when I lower sensitivity, I couldn't believe it myself, there was just no logic, I thought if it's 10 then it should be most sensitive to my hand movements, I am steering with motion sensor steering, but after I tested it on several TTs I actually now play with steering sensitivity every single TT. Sometimes it works better with high number, sometimes with low number, I have no explanation but I can recommend whoever is on motion sensor steering and example can't get SF23 turn in quickly enough on Suzuka as example, to play with settings until you find it which ones works best, it can be lowering from 10 to 2, sometimes to 4, sometimes to 6 and car will turn in better. Just my two cents.

Aren't you on half sourly's leaderboard? I think I only see one icon for motion steering?
I did play with sensitivity a few times, but as soon as I start to drop that setting it doesn't feel as connected to my movements and slower to react (which is kind of what sensitivity is 😂), that's the reason I always leave that on 10 and adjust the others, but the settings I posted I tend to stick with now as it works best for the vast majority of cars.

The first time I found that these settings affected motion steering was with the Civic license test at Tokyo when I first got the game, and I ended up with these settings which I am using now.

When I'm on the G29 I have all three settings on 10, mainly to be able to catch oversteer as the G29 seems to be the slowest rotation wheel out of the lot (even with the overclocking).

I'm not on @half_sourly leaderboards, I know it's a lot of work to add people so haven't requested to join it.

Since 2 days, I fight silently on Grand Valley with my beloved Road Runner... and I'm done.

2 days ago, I had another improvement (but didn't told anyone) +/- 0.1 sec on my previous PB:

1709586788682.png

Sector 1: 28.274 - I wasn't able to constantly score lower than 28.250 (only once in 28.1xx on hundreds of valid laps). This costs me the 1:18, for sure.

Sector 2: 21.336 - Average score for this 2nd sector.

Sector 3: 29.487 - Finally, this last turn wasn't my worst enemy (see sector 1). Once you understand when turning and when braking, this final turn is almost fun!

Some may imagine I'm disappointed to fail so close to the entrance of the 1:18 Club.
But I'm not. Clearly not.

First, because I wasn't fighting silently to enter this select club but to gain 0.106 to overpass @PlanetJanet :D
I didn't succeed because I've definitly reached my limits and also because I admit he is faster than me (this time). Bravo dude!
I'm not disappointed but humble to fail face a better driver, and no shame to admit it (even if it's just a Brit).

1709587516414.png

Second, I've improved my PB over 6 times since my first yellow score on this TT. This combo was just perfect to me. I'm not disappointed but happy to had the opportunity to play and lap every lap with smile.

And finally, because I've learnt and improved my skills thanks to all of you. I'm not disappointed but grateful to be a part of this community.

Tonight, I'm incredibly happy to end this TT with such unexpected time with an unbelievable ranking. I can't be disappointed to be in the 1200th fastest drivers on this TT.

Thursday, I'll park my Road Runner in my Hall of Fame. Thank you dear Roadster, you are an amazing car!

D

Last edited:
A lot of people say that it only works on steering wheels, but it also affects motion sense steering.

If you set them both to 10 and drive the Tomahawk in a straight line and move a slight bit it will direct you straight to Barry R but if you adjust them both to 1 and try again you can drive straight with no problem.

It's also noticable in front wheel drive cars like the Civic when entering a corner, set to 10 you get drastic understeer but set low like mine you get a smooth turn in.

As you can see in my other pic, my controller sensitivity setting is always on 10, I never change that.

I don't think these settings work for left analog stick steering, but I don't use that so haven't tried that out.
I can confirm, it does actually work on motion steering, there is no actual feedback in controller, so that's what make people confused I guess. I tried what you said about Tomahawk and "force feedback" did influence steering. Thanks for that.

18e0b83851174-screenshotUrl.jpg

My invalidated lap. I over ran the last left curb by a hair on the last corner. Lap was totally valid at that time and I only missed by a quarter tire. So bummed. Was not able to improve my actual but I know for certain I can I had multiple. 7xx laps that I just nicked a boundary.

Gave the time trial at RBR a crack (still using the old button mapping, not changed that yet...) with a livery derived from the Mad Mike MX-5 a while back. Four laps in, snuck into gold. This is a fun one, and I'm only just two tenths clear, so I think I'll have to come back and get more comfy with the car and sneak further into gold. 2.84% just isn't safe enough at this stage!!

20970297012175870.jpg

I managed to get this one out of the way tonight relatively quickly, sat on .679 for a while but 200 kms in I got a nice clean run I’m happy with. Definitely really tricky to nail the final turn. On to Red Bull Ring with Evo tomorrow, earlier than usual but I gotta get it done either tomorrow or Wednesday. Going to Austria (lol) to go skiing in the Alps on Friday, gotta prepare to “cover” my absence.

18e0bdad56887-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
Another session at RBR done. Managed to push a 1:45.088, which got me back into the top 10. Yay! 95% satisfied with the lap, not sure if I can improve much further. A 1:44.9x could theoretically be possible by stringing together my fastest sector times so far, which seems highly unlikely, but this has been so fun that I may keep trying!

Screenshot_2024-03-05-01-55-26-55_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-05-01-43-13-16_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca__01.jpg

Last edited:
53568508873_9c7484d300_o.jpg

I finally got into the 1:46's! However the lap wasn't perfect and I felt as though I could get a better time. Would it be possible for me to extract a few more tenths after failing to do so the afternoon prior? Had I made right decision to have another crack after dinner and some ACC practice? Luckily, my answer came rather quickly.
53568751570_1bf441f5b3_o.jpg

It may not seem too impressive to some of you but for me, it was a fantastic result. I got everything right and even managed to find time in places where I didn't think I could gain any more. I'll always do the time trials after dinner from now on.

Last edited:
Since 2 days, I fight silently on Grand Valley with my beloved Road Runner... and I'm done.

2 days ago, I had another improvement (but didn't told anyone) +/- 0.1 sec on my previous PB:

View attachment 1334116

Sector 1: 28.274 - I wasn't able to constantly score lower than 28.250 (only once in 28.1xx on hundreds of valid laps). This costs me the 1:18, for sure.

Sector 2: 21.336 - Average score for this 2nd sector.

Sector 3: 29.487 - Finally, this last turn wasn't my worst enemy (see sector 1). Once you understand when turning and when braking, this final turn is almost fun!

Some may imagine I'm disappointed to fail so close to the entrance of the 1:18 Club.
But I'm not. Clearly not.

First, because I wasn't fighting silently to enter this select club but to gain 0.106 to overpass @PlanetJanet :D
I didn't succeed because I've definitly reached my limits and also because I admit he is faster than me (this time). Bravo dude!
I'm not disappointed but humble to fail face a better driver, and no shame to admit it (even if it's just a Brit).

View attachment 1334117

Second, I've improved my PB over 6 times since my first yellow score on this TT. This combo was just perfect to me. I'm not disappointed but happy to had the opportunity to play and lap every lap with smile.

And finally, because I've learnt and improved my skills thanks to all of you. I'm not disappointed but grateful to be a part of this community.

Tonight, I'm incredibly happy to end this TT with such unexpected time with an unbelievable ranking. I can't be disappointed to be in the 1200th fastest drivers on this TT.

Thursday, I'll park my Road Runner in my Hall of Fame. Thank you dear Roadster, you are an amazing car!

D
You are on fire on this one, great dedication (even if you are now ahead of me 😭)

Back in the Ford for the final few days. That final turn always costs me my lap. Its real tricky to get it just right. I almost had a 1:18:5xx but I binned it on the final turn :banghead: Got too excited and ran wide. I need to stop paying attention to those lap deltas. I have two more evenings to try and achieve my optimal. Although I know its not an easy task, I am looking forward to it. This has been a fun combination.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 08.49.38.jpeg

I can confirm, it does actually work on motion steering, there is no actual feedback in controller, so that's what make people confused I guess. I tried what you said about Tomahawk and "force feedback" did influence steering. Thanks for that.
Hopefully I haven't made you too much faster than you already are with your new found settings to play with 👽 😂 👍🏻

Back in the Ford for the final few days. That final turn always costs me my lap. Its real tricky to get it just right. I almost had a 1:18:5xx but I binned it on the final turn :banghead: Got too excited and ran wide. I need to stop paying attention to those lap deltas. I have two more evenings to try and achieve my optimal. Although I know its not an easy task, I am looking forward to it. This has been a fun combination.

View attachment 1334206
GO BOCKE!!!
I'm sure you'll manage this incredible 1:18.5xx when you'll stop paying attention to the lap deltas (you can disable this in the settings).

Back