Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,794 comments
What settings are you using please?

The "throw" bit, I just don't have. T10 in particular, the front end just does nothing.
Controller Sensitivity 10 everything else the same, though I did feel as though it took a couple of laps for the tyres to heat up (however, may have just been me just getting used to the car)

Last edited:
The PS5 controller has functionality that the PS4 controller does not. The benefit of that is real, but variable based on car/track. Based on my friends, on the current time trial, it's worth about a second.
Which functionality is that, the haptic feedback in the triggers? I found that misleading and actually slowed me down, after a few weeks I turned it off and suddenly found half a second on the average lap (in Gr.3).

Yeah, I spent less than half an hour and already improved, albeit only 79 thousandths.
Hello there. Nice time, man. :D

185023186f785-screenshotUrl.png

I was away for the weekend and returned to find my “comfortable” gold of 1:00.6xx was now silver.

Half an hour later, and I’ve got a 1:00.321. I don’t understand how the aliens do turn 3. Vendetta is running 2 wheels in the grass, but that’s an automatic spin for me. I’m also losing time at the 2 right handers where I seem to either understeer terribly or almost stop.

Either of those done properly should see me break the magic 1 minute. But I’m not sure I have the patience for it.

Had a stab at this last night. I think I ran three laps, maybe four. Not sure I'm going to enjoy this one at all! First lap was a 1:25!!! Managed to get down to a 1:08... But really not my kinda combo at all. I may be back to have another go, but unsure.

Any difference in the standard car and the 25th anniversary version? I see they have different PP numbers but that may be because I've messed around with my settings... ??

No, they are the same. If you've messed about with them, the BOP adjustment ensures your car is at the correct settings and PP.

I just rent them; why put mileage on my own cars when I can thrash and return theirs?
Because they're virtual cars, we all got this one for free, it really doesn't matter, and I like to run my own liveries. :D

Gold time is now down to 1:00.474.

It also is in the low speed turns. Throttle control.
Yeah, I get that. But the turn 3/4 transition particularly is so hard. You have to try and carry a lot of speed, but you’re vulnerable to bouncing off the kerb and losing the tail. If you try and lift a bit to compensate, you lose momentum. The throttle control isn’t enough on its own to get you through.

i'm beginning to get frustrated now lol, i'm just not quick enough this time :lol:
slippin and sliding, wrong gears, to chicken to go full throttle ......
Below a good example of my frustration and problem, i need to be far more agressive but when i do, i'm backwards almost immidiately
:lol:

I've put over four hours into this now. Hundreds of laps. I wouldn't like to see what percentage of laps are void/spin. It's impossible for me to get into a rhythm and bang out consecutive laps just to chip away at the time. I'm losing loads of time in Sector 1. Can't get the car into the right hander at the top of the hill and I'm way too slow through T5, like 15mph down. No way I can use the grass the way some people are.

So I didn't think I could do this one, but after a few days I have managed into silver, BARELY. I'm at a 1:01.632, I don't suppose anyone has any tips on how to get faster? I, like others, am curious how there are literal seconds a lap left on the table. I have to be missing something. I think the only corners that actually matter are 2, 3, and 5. Everything else is a joke in comparison. I got my time using auto trans and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not leaving a lot of time on the table not using manual. I've never done that or had to but maybe it's time to learn. In any case, if any of you have tips for how you got from just above a minute to under I would be very appreciative. Just getting gold would be a huge win for me. I did manage to get the gold on the willow springs and spa races. Spa was very difficult, but quite a joke in comparison to this TT.

The good news is, I am MUCH faster in Gr. 3 now lol. I've moved up from D to C class, and I'm pretty sure I'm not long for C class as I'm already halfway through it. So doing this TT is making my quite a bit faster. I also can't figure out how to put any other ghost other than myself up.

Last edited:
So I didn't think I could do this one, but after a few days I have managed into silver, BARELY. I'm at a 1:01.632, I don't suppose anyone has any tips on how to get faster? I, like others, am curious how there are literal seconds a lap left on the table. I have to be missing something. I think the only corners that actually matter are 2, 3, and 5. Everything else is a joke in comparison. I got my time using auto trans and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not leaving a lot of time on the table using manual. I've never done that or had to but maybe it's time to learn. In any case, if any of you have tips for how you got from just above a minute to under I would be very appreciative. Just getting gold would be a huge win for me. I did manage to get the gold on the willow springs and spa races. Spa was very difficult, but quite a joke in comparison to this TT.

The good news is, I am MUCH faster in Gr. 3 now lol. I've moved up from D to C class, and I'm pretty sure I'm not long for C class as I'm already halfway through it. So doing this TT is making my quite a bit faster. I also can't figure out how to put any other ghost other than myself up.

I've actually already watched the second one and how I got my time was to follow his strategy. Other than switching to manual I don't think his advice helps anymore. Maybe manual trans in this car really is worth almost 2 seconds a lap lol.

EDIT: Watching the first one, I think, yes, manual trans is required. Look at T7 in particular, he gets up to speed MUCH faster than I can with auto trans. This gives a lot of drive on that straight.

Last edited:
Back