Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,258 comments
Today was about to be slightly frustrating as I went for another go to break the 1 minute barrier, only to initially improve agonizingly from 1:00.034 to just 1:00.020 🤯🤯🤯😤

A few hours later I returned fresher and finally set a 0:59.935 🥳

I guess I'm done with this brutality - it was hell but challenging 😎 I'm curious to see what are the stats for this TT @half_sourly

This is going to be fun... Did a 1:01.385 last night, but I must get gold and I will :D
Well... After 8 million attempts:

IMG_9918.JPG

I'm sure it won't be enough, but I'm also sure that I will improve to at least 1:00.2xx

Looking at the replay, I see at least 2-3 corners where I can find a tenth and the last chicane was very poor.

Oh, yeah, I actually used TC1 here, a little more stable on corner exits and I did set like 10 best times with TC activated.

I wasted close to 4 hours on this time trial last night and couldn't beat the gold time. Closest I got was 1:00.793. Total distance? 806KM. It's easily the hardest so far but I'm soo close and I know that if I nail each sector, I'll beat the time. Nothing less than perfection will do here.

I got down to a 1:00.2 last night, so gold should be possible on controller. When I saw the game wasn't accepting more than three quarters steering lock in most of the fast corners I had a nasty flashback to the original Vettel X2010 challenge on GT5 (before they added controller sensitivity options) which was physically impossible but luckily the 3% margin on this one makes it challenging rather than impossible or pay-to-win.
x2019 is easier on controller to handle than on wheel acording to Kie25

I am hating this. Well done to all of you getting gold. Normally I'd be there by now. I'm just not feeling it at all. Got a funny video out of it though.

use 5th gear for accelerating at the corner you span. you were doing great before that. the lap will come

I'm slowly progressing on it, but in all the other TT's I was already in the gold range, but now.... 1:01.3 for the second session ( aprox one hour per session)
I'm beginning to doubt this will be thr first one I can't gold maby, the high downforce does not seems to handle well on my DS4 🤣

😎 I'm curious to see what are the stats for this TT
So far it is the second most difficult to get gold or silver, behind Suzuka in the MP4/4. However, at Suzuka is was relatively easy to get bronze (48% of people did, despite the low gold and silver proportions), making this current TT the most difficult to get any reward, with over 51% of drivers so far being out of the money.

Unlike Suzuka and Fuji in the formula cars, where only 0.015% and 0.04% of drivers respectively were within 1% of the top time, here a relatively large 0.123% are. So of those at the top, there are far more within touching distance of number 1.

These stats reflect Vendetta's new fastest lap; Vendetta in a high downforce car - it was inevitable!

Caveat of course is that we are only 2 days into a 14-day event.

TT1.jpg

As a fan/player of Gran Turismo games since the start, GT7 has reached a point where it accurately reflects real motorsport insofar as you need to have money to compete. If you don't have PS5, you're at a massive disadvantage. Even then, if you don't have a decent wheel and pedals set-up, you're still not on a level playing field.

This time trial basically reflects how tilted the game has become. How can it possibly be right that people playing on PS4/DS4 are being measured in absolute terms against players using completely different hardware. And that the game then awards credits on that basis? There is nothing in the game literature or marketing material that clearly states that PS4 users are at an immediate disadvantage and will not be able to "compete" in the way that PD imply they will.

Players I used to regularly beat when we were on PS4 are 1-1.5 seconds a lap faster now. And much of that is because they've bought new hardware.

I wonder how the leaderboards would look for PS4/DS4 vs PS4/Wheel vs PS5/DS5 vs PS5/Wheel.

Post update PS4 players can't race online due to the weird warping issue. And we're at a massive hardware disadvantage on this time trial combo, too.

So far it is the second most difficult to get gold or silver, behind Suzuka in the MP4/4. However, at Suzuka is was relatively easy to get bronze (48% of people did, despite the low gold and silver proportions), making this current TT the most difficult to get any reward, with over 51% of drivers so far being out of the money.

Unlike Suzuka and Fuji in the formula cars, where only 0.015% and 0.04% of drivers respectively were within 1% of the top time, here a relatively large 0.123% are. So of those at the top, there are far more within touching distance of number 1.

These stats reflect Vendetta's new fastest lap; Vendetta in a high downforce car - it was inevitable!

Caveat of course is that we are only 2 days into a 14-day event.

View attachment 1214694
Good numbers. Per above, can you split that by hardware?

Different controllers, for a start.
Right, I thought you meant the actual console makes the laptimes slower, which is not the case.

But since the game is leaning more and more towards a sim nowadays, you just can't expect to be fast on a pad. Unless you're SUPER accustomed to it. There's absolutely no way I could've golded the Fuji or Suzuka events on pad, rest would've been manageable I think.

I'm slowly progressing on it, but in all the other TT's I was already in the gold range, but now.... 1:01.3 for the second session ( aprox one hour per session)
I'm beginning to doubt this will be thr first one I can't gold maby, the high downforce does not seems to handle well on my DS4 🤣

Same here. I'm stuck on 1:01:1. Dozens of laps in the low 1:01s, no idea what I'm doing wrong.🧐

Right, I thought you meant the actual console makes the laptimes slower, which is not the case.

But since the game is leaning more and more towards a sim nowadays, you just can't expect to be fast on a pad. Unless you're SUPER accustomed to it. There's absolutely no way I could've golded the Fuji or Suzuka events on pad, rest would've been manageable I think.
I would say I'm super accustomed to it. With different hardware you can be relatively average and be faster.

Online racing post update absolutely favours PS5 because of the lag issue.

Back