Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 22,415 comments
I've always been bog slow at Willow and I knew this car would be hell to drive. It's so weird, the steering is just odd, like there's a HUGE deadzone then it over reacts.

Won't give this much time I think, just seems joyless.

I won't try the new time trial until tomorrow or Saturday at the earliest. I'm like some of the others. I don't really care for Willow Springs. I THINK much of that may be due to the surroundings. Dirt and dead grass just make the track so unappealing. If it was surrounded by forest, I may like it more. But unless they add some green things there in real life, it is what it is. :lol:

I hate the final corner, too. When do you brake? Where do you turn in? Will you make it onto the front straight or slide off? If you are in a race with tire wear, how much do you kill your tires taking the corner too hard? I swear I never take the corner the same way two laps in a row. And it's not for lack of trying.

I also have not driven the Escudo yet. I missed the first time trial (at another track I don't like). I'm interested to see how it handles.

Ohboy, that Escudo is a real handfull on Willow, first session for the TT brought me a 1:03,3 so that need some work, i watched the fastest replay, i think i loose a second in the first corner already lol.
this dude janks it with boost in 5th gear so I need to uppen my RPM's in first corner cause i'm in 4th :lol:
so i have learned 2 things this morning....

Turbolag & Easy on the brakes :lol:

I like this challenge, but it's an hard one to me. I have to study a lot, right now I'm too random quite everywhere.
Sitting now at about 108%

I'm particulary struggling at
T1, lot of rear snaps. Most of the times I cannot avoid, but can handle (on loose preciuos time)
T2, see T9 but with less impact
T4, I get @@# here, it looks to me that someone changes the track every time I pass there and the next lap it's a different turn. Really need to figure out the racing line, braking point, turning point. At least....
T9, cannot touch brakes, 9 out of 10 I mess up (spin, to slow, to fast, in the sand outside). I find here earies to just lift

Good news: main straght, I'm quite good 😖

Last edited:
I actually don't know if it would be possible to find something worse than the Willow - Escudo combo. The car handles like I'm driving in Need For Speed, totaly artificial and arcade like, and I hate this track so much, the curbes, the endless corners with no apexes or clear braking points, the fricking desert all around, the bumps, the angles, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Either way, I got a 1:03.1 last night, only tenth of the gold time, so I will try again and I will get the gold :D

So I had a go at this one last night. I put in about 10 laps or so, with a couple of resets. Managed to get my time down to 1:03.8XX, which isn't a bad start! I found this car is extremely sensitive to braking in anything other than a straight line - any sort of angle and that huge rear wing tries to overtake you rather aggressively! Had to rethink my braking points and go for a much more "brake early" tactic, riding the throttle through the corners and not giving it the full beans until I know it's not going to slingshot me off into the desert! I think with a bit more effort I might be able to knock off enough for a gold time. Hopefully!

as far as you understand, is this car the exact same of the one proposed in the annyversary 1M race, or BOP / other stuff make them two different cars?

just asking because I was easily faster on the race than on the TT

1:03.083 for my first try. As usual, automatic transmission to get a feel for the combo. Turbo lag is hurting me. I watched the videos posted in the thread and will try to replicate with manual next time. Easier said than done. They are changing gears left and right which is going to be tough to memorize.

I about pooped my pants the very first turn with a sudden snap of oversteer. :lol: But those racing softs are amazing at allowing you to collect the car without crashing. It scares me how fast the aliens are. Gold may be tougher with this combo.

Happy with this lap. Could probably push to top 100 but will get bumped soon enough anyway so this should be good for gold.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221125180436.jpg

Back