Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,788 comments
zjn
I think top 100 is achievable is you only dress a less distracting livery

😝
You mean "less classy", right? I'm sorry but I'm not willing to compromise when it comes to style. If that means no top 100, so be it. 😜

1713816796704.png

Seriously though, I've never had an 👽 on the leaderboard so far, and the XJ13 isn't the car that is going to change that. I could however improve to a 1:33.836 tonight which places me on P 367 currently, and I'm more than happy with that.

1713817699805.png

If I find some more time to play between now and the new TT, I'll probably try to gold the remaining license tests in pursuit of my first ever platinum trophy (the other day I have completed "Three Legendary Cars", only two more to go ...)

You know what I'll keep trying at Michelin Raceway until I can do no more, then I'm taking my 1M and running for the hills. (Silver)
I'm not sweating it. I'm almost at my patience limit anyway.

@GlockPants I'd like to know your secret as to getting through Sector 1 quickly. I'm struggling here.
Try braking earlier and less hard, maybe. If I feel like I'm rushing, I'm probably making mistakes. After that? Watch faster replays and try to mimic what they do, to the best you can manage.

As much as I try, I still can't quite control certain cars the way the top drivers do.

It's a learning process and my main rival is myself from yesterday.

Don't forget to make sure you're having fun! :cheers:

You mean "less classy", right? I'm sorry but I'm not willing to compromise when it comes to style. If that means no top 100, so be it. 😜

View attachment 1349295

Seriously though, I've never had an 👽 on the leaderboard so far, and the XJ13 isn't the car that is going to change that. I could however improve to a 1:33.836 tonight which places me on P 367 currently, and I'm more than happy with that.

View attachment 1349297
If I find some more time to play between now and the new TT, I'll probably try to gold the remaining license tests in pursuit of my first ever platinum trophy (the other day I have completed "Three Legendary Cars", only two more to go ...)
This is what is called moral integrity!!!

Jokes aside, great time and impressive leaderboard picture

Another short session today yielded exactly a tenth and a half pickup. I didn't get through turn 4 quite as well as hoped and was a tick late to the throttle in the final turn, but I had my best sector 2 on the lap. Optimal was a 33.4. I'll probably head back to Georgia the next two days to see if I can improve my X-BOW time before that TT ends.
IMG_3089.jpg

Don't think I'll get anymore time in the Xbow so I'll have to be satisfied with a solid silver. Probably get some more time in the Jag this week but I'm not sure gold is even in the cards with that one...

Addendum - Boys, let me tell you about the time I decided to give it one more shot in the X-bow to see if I could grab a gold and after about 35 laps I started to really get in the zone and managed to take a couple hundredths off my PB, and then on the very next lap I started absolutely obliterating corners one after another! I was just feeling it! By the time I got to the chicane I knew I had a crazy lap going and once thru that chicane I glanced at the time and saw I was almost 8 mother-luvin tenths up on my PB! That gold medal was already in my pocket! Until I over-cooked the last right hander and drove off the track 5 feet before the S/F line that is. 1:26.120 my friends...invalidated. I almost cried for a lap. Did another 20 or so but couldn't get back down there again...

Last edited:

View attachment 1349295

View attachment 1349297
Wow that livery is awful.

One question for my fellow TTers: From -2 to +10, what's your steering sensitivity setting for the DualSense? I am on +7. Haven't touched it in a long time.
I did have it on 6 for a long time, not sure if that's the default or something I set manually. Whacked it up to 10 now and it does seem to make a bit of a difference.

One question for my fellow TTers: From -2 to +10, what's your steering sensitivity setting for the DualSense? I am on +7. Haven't touched it in a long time.
I'm standard on 10, but with high downforce combo's like the VGT Mclaren i turn it doen to eliminate the nerveousness....

if you go from 10 to 0 or minus 2 you will def feel the difference, but most of the time 10 does the job :) :)

@Barareklam pfff.... no pogression today, fastest lap of this morning was..... :lol: :lol:

18f0a58ebfa18-screenshotUrl.jpg

I was more consistent than yesterday so that's a good thing haha, lots of high .5xx and 6.... but more .7xx :lol:
still is a lottery and sticking one lap together is hell :lol::lol:

Last edited:
How are you at higher revs but lower speed in thos screenshot 🤔 had you just slammed down from 4th to 3rd at that point?

I haven't tried this one yet as I was having fun in the Chaparral 2J daily race on the weekend... 4 more left until I get my first platinum trophy on any PS game.

Also I see you have countersteering on, what are you controller settings for this one?
Maybe you see something I don't see, aren't they lower revs and lower speed?

Yeah, turned on CSA, I feel that motion control works good but there are some twitches in steering now and then and CSA just let's me drive more valid laps.

Settings, the most sensitive on all three I can have so from the top sensitivity 10
And then lower ffb settings first one on 1 and Last one 10

I'm 6 for the steering setting on controller. It definitely makes a difference. I set it to 0 when I'm using the wheel (don't think it actually affects the wheel at all but I can't keep myself from doing it lol). But sometimes, I'll forget to set it back to 6 when I'm using the controller after using the wheel for a while and I'll be driving around Sardegna and all of a sudden I"ll find myself taking some of the tighter left hand corners way wide and I'll remember "oh damn forgot to switch the steering sensitivity!"

Morning friends!! I’m fresh back off my work mega trip; keeping a watchful eye on the thread and looks like the new trial with the shaguar is a lot of fun!

I was surprised to find I got a new highest placing at Suzuka; my only disappointment is that I was properly dialled in on that trial and only being away stopped me from going quicker (probably 🤣) but still very pleased with that!
IMG_6587.jpeg

Back at RA; I really like the Xbow, good tyres choice although I still think they are too squealy for a high performance road tyre but there you go! Nothing clicked last night but I set a couple of rapid times today and think sub 1:24.5 is doable now. @djolliea i am coming for you bro 👊 🤣🤓

IMG_6588.jpeg

Not sure why my replay doesn’t show, I didn’t reset after my fastest lap?? I have nothing to hide 🙈 😂

IMG_6590.jpeg

Oh well, still saved the old fashioned way

Once I’ve hit target 🎯 I’ll move on to the jaaaaaaaag 😎

Happy Tuesday everyone!

(Is it just me or is it quiet in here?? Guess new time trial is just around the corner 👀)

Last edited:
-2 for the Daytona tri-oval with the VGT thing
+10 on other races

There's a real difference at 400km/h but I'm not good enough to see a real difference at "normal speeds" on a curvy circuit.

I glanced at the time and saw I was almost 8 mother-luvin tenths up on my PB! That gold medal was already in my pocket! Until I over-cooked the last right hander and drove off the track 5 feet before the S/F line that is. 1:26.120 my friends...invalidated. I almost cried for a lap. Did another 20 or so but couldn't get back down there again...
Try again. Maybe take a break to reset or something but you can get gold. Still time until the TT is over. Fingers crossed 💪

Guess I'm an outlier her. I drive a sensitivity 2 😅 Only time I changed that was for Daytona -2

Try again. Maybe take a break to reset or something but you can get gold. Still time until the TT is over. Fingers crossed 💪
Yeah I'll give it another try tonight likely (although I gotta watch the Jets game of course!). I was getting lots of laps in the 26s at least so I'm definitely improving in a general sense considering getting below 1:27 was almost impossible a week ago. I just can't believe I blew that lap. I never have any problem with that last corner at all! I totally brain-cramped when I saw I was so far ahead...just dumb.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll give it another try tonight likely (although I gotta watch the Jets game of course!). I was getting lots of laps in the 26s at least so I'm definitely improving in a general sense considering getting below 1:27 was almost impossible a week ago. I just can't believe I blew that lap. I never have any problem with that last corner at all! I totally brain-cramped when I saw I was so far ahead...just dumb.
Yeah, sometimes the delta is really distracting imo. Binned a couple of great laps on different TTs because of it 😅

Jets probably got this. Improved so much this season. Hoping for a Jets-Leafs final with the win for the Leafs 😎😅

Finally got a chance to do my shakedown laps in the XJ13 last night.

Initial impressions:
1) Hagerty charges eight figures for this ancient pile of junk?
2) Why is this car magnetically attracted to the corner exit track limits?
3) Despite 1) and 2), it's still better than that McLaren VGT.

All jokes aside, it is a fun TT - I like Interlagos and I've started to understand the car.
  • The keyword for this car is patience. Patient on the brakes, patient on the throttle. It always feels like the car plowing off the track until the brakes start to "bite" before the corner entry.
  • The middle section is particularly annoying in this car. Like Fuji S3 (in any car, except maybe Super Formulas), it's just unsatisfying to drive. Every lap I felt like I was about 6 seconds off the pace (in reality, only 2-2.5 but still killing my laps).
  • I HOPE I can get into silver range here...not as confident as I was before attempting, though.

Morning friends!! I’m fresh back off my work mega trip; keeping a watchful eye on the thread and looks like the new trial with the shaguar is a lot of fun!

I was surprised to find I got a new highest placing at Suzuka; my only disappointment is that I was properly dialled in on that trial and only being away stopped me from going quicker (probably 🤣) but still very pleased with that!
View attachment 1349403

Back at RA; I really like the Xbow, good tyres choice although I still think they are too squealy for a high performance road tyre but there you go! Nothing clicked last night but I set a couple of rapid times today and think sub 1:24.5 is doable now. @djolliea i am coming for you bro 👊 🤣🤓

View attachment 1349404

Not sure why my replay doesn’t show, I didn’t reset after my fastest lap?? I have nothing to hide 🙈 😂

View attachment 1349405

Oh well, still saved the old fashioned way

Once I’ve hit target 🎯 I’ll move on to the jaaaaaaaag 😎

Happy Tuesday everyone!

(Is it just me or is it quiet in here?? Guess new time trial is just around the corner 👀)
Try to save the lap under fastest lap
After that load ghost under ghost settings.
Worked for me .

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back