Time Trial No. 53

• Thread starter mwade93
  • 456 comments
you can only go so fast in the game.

Hmmm... Amo always seems to go quicker than what I think is possible :lol:

Hey stotty any chance you have a tune for the GTR for Madrid? Wanna see if I can make top 100 to prove to myself it wasn't all look on motegi :-)

I tried it for an hour... it really wasn't for me... I don't think I'm even in the top 100 on Madrid.

Generally, I'm not a fan of 4WD cars (and like FWD even less), and I'm not a fan of city tracks either. So unless there's nothing better, I'll only run them enough to get a respectable time, then I'll flip to the event that I enjoy and invest all my play time there :)

Generally, I'm not a fan of 4WD cars (and like FWD even less), and I'm not a fan of city tracks either. So unless there's nothing better, I'll only run them enough to get a respectable time, then I'll flip to the event that I enjoy and invest all my play time there :)

+1

But don't even spend an hour on Madrid. Even worse still have to do it. Gonna hop in tonight and collect the credits and i'm out of there. I'm not only "not a fan" of 4WD and FWD i hate them even more than my mother in law :lol:

BTW looks like we gonna drop out of the top 20 at Motegi :grumpy:

No probs stotty I will give it ago without a setup see how it goes lol I will let you know how it goes :-)

there are set up here in the topic for madrid

here is one

don't know who made some email it to me. So al credits to the creator
BHP 514
Weight 1562
PP 550
Ballast 200 position +30
Torque 40 60
Transmission
1st 4.035 2nd 2.959
3rd 2.426 4th 1.974
5th 1.634 6th 1.361
final gear 3.027
max speed 124 mph
max speed up top 160

suspension
40 -20
10.5 7.0
4 4
2 2
2 2

wheel alignment
2.0 1.5
+0.10 +0.10

LSD
5 5
30 30
5 5

Brakes
7 5

I was born in '67.

If a 20 year gap = a 2 second handicap I'm 1.3s faster than Amo... therefore I am a super alien :lol:

I guess by that logic I must be 1.9 seconds behind Amo :grumpy:

(I was born in '96)

BTW looks like we gonna drop out of the top 20 at Motegi :grumpy:

Ah well... not that important where we finish, only that we enjoy it :D

I guess by that logic I must be 1.9 seconds behind Amo :grumpy:

(I was born in '96)

'96? Are you even old enough to drive? :lol:

Can someone explain me there are people doing the time trial twice with different ID ??

I think Amo ran it on his 2nd account whilst the update was running - I couldn't log in to my main account for a day and a half. He only normally runs once.

Glad im not the only oldie here.
Im a '69 model. Ran on alcohol in 80's & 90's which led starting problems.
Had a few bangs and generally smokes a lot these days. Only goes out if the weather is good.

I think Amo ran it on his 2nd account whilst the update was running - I couldn't log in to my main account for a day and a half. He only normally runs once.

Actually I know why. For the first week, he used his main account. But a few days ago he joined TC, along with me, and started setting laps the TT's using that account. I think he will be using that account for a while until something happens.

Just got a 1:26.712 on Madrid to put me on P6! My best TT with a wheel yet. Of course, the GTR is quite an easy car to drive with the wheel...

Still yet to come close to your expectation of him... :sly:

:lol: Touche!

Actually I know why. For the first week, he used his main account. But a few days ago he joined TC, along with me, and started setting laps the TT's using that account. I think he will be using that account for a while until something happens.

Just got a 1:26.712 on Madrid to put me on P6! My best TT with a wheel yet. Of course, the GTR is quite an easy car to drive with the wheel...

That wouild explain it... what's TC BTW?

Awesome time in the R35 👍 I certainly didn't find it that easy to drive during the hour I spent in it!!

That wouild explain it... what's TC BTW?

Awesome time in the R35 👍 I certainly didn't find it that easy to drive during the hour I spent in it!!

TC is basically a mostly French GT5 team, with a few guys from Belguim. There are quite a few fast guys on the team including TC-vincho, Atom, perrolocomcq, and Touni. They are all very nice but speak little english. Although some speak it very well.

Thanks roomboter

Your welcome. Hope you enjoyed it. I just cashed it in and certainly didn't like it. Havn't much to do with the tune but what and horrible track with an even worse car. :yuck: hate it :lol:

Ah well... not that important where we finish, only that we enjoy it :D

Right :rolleyes:

:lol:

Could not improve anymore on Motegi. Had just one of those days.

Good luck everybody with your last run. And hopefully a good one when i wake up tomorrow

Can someone borrow me the GTR with the setup on plz because I did the setup off here and messed it up big time it topped out at 1.40 lol I can drive but ain't got a scooby doo about tuning lol

I just finished both Time Trials. These were my first ones for GT5. I've only recently been driving with the assists off and I'm not 100% used to it, but it's feeling more comfortable now. The assists are actually starting to annoy me now, so I think that's good news. (For some reason they keep coming back on and I notice the cars feel wrong with them on now.) I'm also not completely used to driving with the CS tires, but I'm getting a little better each day.

I had a hell of a time with Motegi, but for a track like that with cars of that class, I think I should have looked for a tune sooner than I did. There was much frustration driving the cars with stock tunings. I tried a few that I had that would work, but I didn't have much luck. After much retrying, I was able to actually get silver, but was really struggling to do that.

Since today was the last day of the Seasonal, I decided to get on here and look for a tuning. Out of the cars that were recommended, I only had one; the Castrol Mugen NSX (JGTC) '00. I used trackripper123's tune for it after power limiting it to get it to 600.

It was a world of difference. After a few laps, I realized that I needed to tweak it a bit, and reading the help icon on the game took 1 notch of Aero off the front, 2 off the back, and put that back into the power. It leaned the handling towards oversteer, which is what I prefer. I always feel like I'm fighting with any car that has understeer and I end up driving more poorly out of frustration. :irked:

That did the trick and I was able to actually push the car a bit after that. I got the gold and I was happy with that. If the event still had a day or two, I'd probably work at shaving more time off that, but for that particular one, I was more than happy with the gold time.

Here comes the surprising part.

I first tried the Madrid TT awhile ago and I can't even remember what cars I tried, but none of them seemed right for the track. As I mentioned, I'm still new to the CS tires and driving without assists, so, picking the wrong car on top of that wasn't helping much. hehe I think I only managed a bronze with those cars and I barely got bronze at that.

A few nights ago, I decided to do something very odd and chose to see how my Dodge Ram would drive on such a little track. After doing the truck Seasonal, I knew that it handled well (probably a little too well), so what the hell, it might be fun and/or funny to do.

A few laps into it, I had the gold time beat. With a damned truck! :odd: Something I couldn't do with the cars I had tried. hehe I got in something like 38,000th place with that truck.

If that wasn't weird enough, I decided to see what the leaderboard looked like and realized that it shows what cars people used for their times, etc. I thought I'd give the GT-R v-spec a try.

I didn't realize it at the time, but I picked the Academy version, which is different. I don't know jack about tuning, so I just added what upgrades I could (I don't know if there were any or not) and drove it.

Now this guy, me, who hasn't driven this car before, who isn't used to CS tires, who is using a DS3, and who was tired at the time, managed to get into 5,000th place after driving a a handful of laps.

I tried the other GT-R, but it didn't feel right without some tweaking, so I just left it at that.

After doing Motegi, I decided to revisit Madrid with the Academy and drove for awhile. I changed the top speed setting down to 155 mph and turned off the traction control. (I looked at my listing on the leaderboard and it showed that I had accidentally had it on in my previous run.)

I got better, and a little better, and a little better still, then I started getting sloppy (driving some sections flawlessly, while completely screwing up another), so I decided to call it quits and type this long post. :P I know there was plenty of room for time shaving, but I was too tired to manage it today.

My best time ended up being 1:31.511. 2,792nd place at last check. Not bad for my first time out. :sly:

Currently in 78th with 1:45.737
Quite enjoying Motegi now. I'm gaining another 0.2 in sector 1 but losing it in the last 2.

Woodone Tom's Supra '03
666bhp 1190kg
Aero.: 33 / 47
Ballast: 90kg @ 37
Engine: Stage 3
Power: 98.8%

Height: -15 / -9
Spring: 18.5 / 13.8
Ext.: 8 / 6
Comp.: 7 / 5
ARB: 4 / 5
Camb.: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.04 / 0.00

LSD: 9 / 11 / 10

Transmission: Set final to 5.000, Set Max Speed to 273 then to 124, Set Gear Ratio's then Set Final.
1st : 3.087
2nd : 2.264
3rd : 1.904
4th : 1.590
5th : 1.351
6th : 1.149
Final : 3.354

Last edited:
I was on for a 1.45.4, but I couldn't do it for some reason. Whenever I was faster in the first 2 sectors, I lost the time in sector 3. Very frustrating and fun at same time :)
Oh well, I'll have to settle for 1.45.760 in #84th (I think).

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course has always been a difficult track for me. I raced it for the first time ever in GT5, and the first time racing it since GT4 and Tourist Trophy. My weapon of choice was my tuned EPSON NSX. I just feel a bit more comfortable using a mid-engined car around most tracks often times. I almost wanted to go with my XANAVI NISMO Z. My first run that didn't go foul was a time of 1:56.770. To me, Twin Ring Motegi's full course is almost like my weakest link among Japanese courses. I feel I'm better at Suzuka than Twin Ring Motegi Road Course. I pulled a better run and ended up with a 1:54.877 time for Silver.

As much as I consider myself a street course expert, Circuito de Madrid Reverse has been pretty shaky for me. I do admit I've been better with Circuito de Madrid the more I've been racing it. I bought a second Ferrari F430 Scuderia as my car to use around this track for the 550PP non race car event. I bought this other F430 Scuderia to be my more "modest" F430 Scuderia. Anyhow, I took my rounds around Circuito de Madrid Reverse and drove fairly defensive. My best effort was 1:35.608 around the track. Two of my PSN friends both logged times at least a full second better than my time. Part of it is on trying to race on Comfort tires, and the other is on trying to find the fastest way around Madrid. All I know is that I need to tune or race to where my time is 1:34.999 or quicker. The Top 10 racers all have the 2009 GT-R Spec V for their times. So you know what they say- if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Maybe I'll rock out with an '09 GT-R myself. Then again, I guess I'll stand with my time.

This was the first-ever time I competed in an event that would close in less than an hour. There was a time limit indicator showing how much time I had left to run the Seasonal.

Thanks Doodle If that's the case my times are not to bad

I think the whole 'handicap' thing was just a joke :lol:

But seriously, I was not expecting to get a top 10 at Madrid. The lap came out of nowhere. I was at a 1:27.2 before I made my final attempt. :eek:

motegi looked a cool tt wish id had a bit of time before the last day

watch daytona this weekend plenty of guys who are aged 40/50's are still mega fast driver so don't worry about age worry about money:sly:

I reckon it will be available around 09:15 your time (you're 10 ahead of me) if all goes well so if you have a late start tomorrow you'll be OK. Hope you get a chance to use it before the TT switches out

Edit: so we just figured that timekeeping is NOT my strong-point :lol: the car will be available at 03:15 not 09:15, sorry for the mistake.

Thanks for sharing the car... i got to play for about 45 minutes at 3:30am.. heh.. it was definitely quicker... i went about .04 seconds quicker.. but just couldn't complete a lap.. but i would have only gone a few tenths quicker at the most...

Here my HD video of Motegi 1:45.021.

Thanks everybody for the competition, was an awesome combo 👍

Back