Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments

Cb

Denmark
Denmark
TRL_CBASTJAN
Time Trial600PP Racing Cars: Sarthe Circuit 2009 Time TrialPeriod of Availability: 2013/09/04 23:00 - 2013/09/18 23:00Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000 This is a Time Trial on the Sarthe Circuit using racing cars. Cars can be tuned up to 600PP, and tires are limited to Racing/Hard or less.

Car: 2J

Link to leaderboards

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/event/337/1099100.html

Last edited:
is it possible to choose the light conditions? tryed a lap this morning in the 2J which seems to be the car of choice again, but it doesnt have headlights, several pitch black bits made it pretty impossible not to 'red' the lap, what am i missing?

think the previous time trial with the same car was my best gt5 time trial result, good fun car to drive

Ha ha, tried the 2J here as it is the car I was using before #69 closed. But as someone has pointed out already, and which is something I didn't know, it doesn't have headlights.

No worries, figured I just get a normal race car for this TT and so went through a couple of usually decent ones plus an old 67 Ford racer but found I couldn't get gold or anywhere near it.

Then checked the leaderboard and what do you know, it's 2J time again. Racing in pitch darkness presumably following the bright blue lines which show up quite well at night although sticking on them can be a challenge.

Anyway finally golded with my 2J, 4:00 something.

Could it bet that they thought no one would use the 2J because of no headlights? If so it obviously didn't work.

Ha ha, tried the 2J here as it is the car I was using before #69 closed. But as someone has pointed out already, and which is something I didn't know, it doesn't have headlights.

No worries, figured I just get a normal race car for this TT and so went through a couple of usually decent ones plus an old 67 Ford racer but found I couldn't get gold or anywhere near it.

Then checked the leaderboard and what do you know, it's 2J time again. Racing in pitch darkness presumably following the bright blue lines which show up quite well at night although sticking on them can be a challenge.

Could it bet that they thought no one would use the 2J because of no headlights? If so it obviously didn't work.

Try to play with your screen contrast light

Good thing it's on the De La Sarthe, if you've done the 24 hrs of Le Mans it gets slightly easier. Though l must admit not having a 2J suck big time AGAIN !!

I used the NOMAD Diablo, detuned slightly, to get the 600pp. Walk in the park. I first tried the Audi R8 LMS, and could possibly have done it with that too, but I decided to have a go with the Diablo, and golded on the first try...
The 3:39 on top the leaderboard is way beyond me though. Anyone know what car was used for that? The 2J?

I used the NOMAD Diablo, detuned slightly, to get the 600pp. Walk in the park. I first tried the Audi R8 LMS, and could possibly have done it with that too, but I decided to have a go with the Diablo, and golded on the first try...
The 3:39 on top the leaderboard is way beyond me though. Anyone know what car was used for that? The 2J?

Yep you said it. Seems the 2J is the car to use.

A Peugeot 908 race car is on top right now with a 3:38 something I believe,though he used a round of TC, a Vertigo is 2nd, with a 3:38 something, also 1 round of traction. Surely someone's gotta try Speed 8 Bently soon.

No lights on the 2J and being clean for the whole lap was quite challenging IMO, but fun.

I'm running 3:51 in the Chapparal at the moment...

Not a very realistic time trial here if you ask me. People running around in total darkness, at some points of the track, with a car with no headlights. What a crock of 🤬. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the 2J as I personally love that little car and enjoy driving it, (even defended it as people were calling it a cheat car in another thread) but come on, it has no headlights and its being allowed to be used in a time trial in total darkness. This car, along with any others with no headlights, should have been banned from this time trial if PD wanted to keep things on the realistic side.

Now, I'm not complaining because people are using this car to dominate the TT's again, my complaint is it is simply not realistic and you shouldn't have to go through your TV's settings to get the screen the brightest that you can just to be competitive in a time trial. This is a complete joke and once again shows PD's lack of attention to detail at times. I mean, they can remember to put some observatory building high up in the mountains of Eiger that nobody has apparently seen/found till now, but they can't remember to ban cars with no headlights from a night time time trial. :crazy: :dunce: As my kids would say...complete and utter fail. I really hope PD pays closer attention to this foolishness when GT6 comes out. Anyway, that's my gripe for the day. Peace, I'm out.

EDIT: Just had a look at the leaderboards. Something very fishy about that #1 spot. He is almost 4 seconds ahead driving an automatic....in a car normally not known for dominating TT's. Then you have a Vertigo Race Car in second place....another car not known for its TT capabilities. Some real craziness going on in the top 10 right now. Maybe some experimentation might be in order here.

EDIT 2: Well, after watching the replay of the 908 HDI FAP Peugeot in P1, its not hard to see what he did there. I won't go into details, but I will say I call bs on that time....more importantly, the car. :sly:

Last edited:

The 2J needs to be banned its just a spoiler, makes all the other cars pointless

Ive not tried this TT yet but i might just try the Diablo out

My car.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1_zpsd79c72c6.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_zps8ad60a36.jpg

His car.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_4_zpsfb72d274.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_3_zps10b1a3de.jpg

See the difference? Judge for yourself.

Full of hacks already Subaru touring car doing 160 Mph in 2nd gear.
And 280mph on straights take in to account what cargo above has just pointed out its pointless even trying to run with dishonest people who can't do well in a TT with out cheating

I got my best TT result while everyone was cheating, strangely enough. It was all sorted by the end fortunately, so just remember that the only real problem is your replay won't show if you make the top 10.

Full of hacks already Subaru touring car doing 160 Mph in 2nd gear.
And 280mph on straights take in to account what cargo above has just pointed out its pointless even trying to run with dishonest people who can't do well in a TT with out cheating

Ha ha, I just watched that replay. He can hardly keep the damn thing on the track, which makes him look even more like a moron. I mean, good God, if you're going to make a hybrid to cheat the time trials, at least make one that's halfway realistic and that handles decent. :lol::lol: These guys are just complete morons and are so starved for attention, I almost feel sorry for them. Its a complete joke anymore, these TT's are. I'm glad GT6 is just around the corner.

For my TT fix, I'll stick to the WRS. This kind of foolishness is strictly monitored there and any hacks can be spotted and are severely dealt with. So, if any of you want a good TT experience, head on over here, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117 you won't regret it. (Yes, another one of my shameless plugs for the WRS. :sly:)

Just a bunch of monkey see monkey do. Lets be honest, you wouldn't pick a 2J because you wanted to, at this point it should be known by all players who enjoy Gran Turismo that the 2J is just a 'try hard' car. If you actually enjoy doing TT's then you will pick a car YOU enjoy & compare your times with your friends, sure, the global leaderboard is cool too but its obvious there a bunch of try-hard zombies on there ALL driving a 2J, even though it has no head-lights these try-hards are still squeezing their buttcheecks through pitch black in a desperate attempt to place well on the leaderboard....WACK. Have fun and do what YOU want.

i watched that replay, when i say in the leaderboard "impreza super touring car" i was O.o what the hell is a hack. for me looks like that the 908(for now is 2) has some handling hack(or tire hack)

i watched that replay, when i say in the leaderboard "impreza super touring car" i was O.o what the hell is a hack. for me looks like that the 908(for now is 2) has some handling hack(or tire hack)

That 908 is a hack too if you look at cargorats previous post showing the pics the first legal time is lizards

Tried the 908 without realising the top time was hacked, don't have a 2j. What cars would people suggest. Currently 4:13 in the 908 without tuning. All suggestions welcome x

This is what hacking/hybriding has come too. Awesome

Yep, pretty much. I myself am enjoying hybridding realistic cars and never use them in this manner to cheat an event or race. Unfortunately, with hybridding, comes this nonsense. Rejects using it to cheat. Just shows the immaturity level of some people. With hybridding, there is good and bad. This unfortunately, is the bad.

I have just done a 3:58.9 with the 'NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car' this car is very much fun to drive and with some more tinkering on my tune, i may be able to gain another 1 or 2 seconds.

I think i will be trying out a few more GT cars for the duration of this TT.

I refuse to use the 2J in the dark, as it has already been said, it should be on the banned list with the X's and the FGT.

Tried the 908 without realising the top time was hacked, don't have a 2j. What cars would people suggest. Currently 4:13 in the 908 without tuning. All suggestions welcome x

I also tried the 908 and did a 4:12 so we are very close. The car has to be detuned too much to reach 600PP in my opinion.
I used the Jaguar XJ13 and got gold on the first lap at 4:01.330.
I set the downforce at the max and 100% power gave me 600PP (no turbo).
I set the transmission max speed to 205 mph.
All other car settings are default.
TC1, ABS1 and a DFGT wheel.
This car is a lot of fun and easy to drive if you are just wanting to gold the event.

I have just done a 3:58.9 with the 'NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car' this car is very much fun to drive and with some more tinkering on my tune, i may be able to gain another 1 or 2 seconds.

I think i will be trying out a few more GT cars for the duration of this TT.

I refuse to use the 2J in the dark, as it has already been said, it should be on the banned list with the X's and the FGT.

I didn't want to use the 2j but must admit its quite fun hitting 200 mph in pitch black not knowing where the track edge is with a 2.42.040 in the bag I'm happy with that for now

I expected a Chaparral TwoJay lock down...
ANd was pleased to see a 908 I 5th... then When I returned to pick a car ... a Gillet Vertigo was leading!
I put this down to some PP thing - It seemed to get to a very high speed (Elipsis)

I used a Honda Super GT Wieder car... Nice in the turns, But never really got a high speed on the straights (And that takes skill.)

Easily managed to edge under Gold once I dropped the aero.

Good fun to drive at night in a car that wasn't a LM monster racer. (Still managed to ruin my first lap by goofing up the Ford Chicanes on the run to the start of the Time Trial - Proper talent that!)
--
Looking at the pictures on page one I am amazed how people will lower their standards to lower their lap times.

Back