Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
For any one that don't want to use the 2j another option I've found that just did a comfortable 3.51 with mistakes is the Mazda furai concept 08 the head lights and rear lights look so cool in pitch black
And it beats the detuned lmp cars I've got it on share if any one is interested

Hey skyline I may take you up on this offer when I get back home this weekend from my business trip to Austin Tx.

Just done a 3.47.087 #202 at time of writing. Was #3860 this morning after yesterday's efforts, so improved a bit.
Having a proper laugh at the stupidity of doing this without lights.
Will be trying different cars tomorrow with lights.
Car is on share now untill tomorrow morning.
Going to get drunk now see you all later, stewyripper:)

Hey skyline I may take you up on this offer when I get back home this weekend from my business trip to Austin Tx.

No worries mate help yourself I'm sticking with the 2j for abit having a lot of fun in pitch black with it

Woodski_427
Not been doing many seasonals rececently - just don't need the money any more - but this one looked interesting as I'd never driven Sarthe in the dark.

Tried a couple of laps in the R34TC with high turbo for a silver, but too much understeer and a lack of fun. So I dug out the majestic XK13, and made some small changes to the default setup. Much better, but it was late and I didn't make a clean lap :dunce:. I'm determined to gold it with this beauty though.

In the little time I had to try this I jumped in my XK13 and got the gold on my first lap. I love that car :dopey:

Did a 3:51 with the Standard Takata DOME NSX GT500. No special setup, just ran 545hp 1170kg with a little too much downforce. Great car to use!

If you want to defeat reality you can drive a good lap in a car with good headlights in practice mode. Then go to TT with the 2J and follow your ghost. The ghost will have lights and if you stick close the lights of the ghost will illuminate the way. I thought I'd only try if this works, but now I'm stuck loving it. Good fun.
I tried many different cars this time. I think this TT is like made for the old classic race cars like the Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13 and Chaparral 2D.

Happy to say I made my goal of a gold at a time of 4:00:942 with my Loctite Mugen NSX 01.

Edit: lowered my time to 3:58:xxx. Dropped my rank by 3000! Now in the lower 4000 range.

Last edited:
4:02.5xx with a Lister Storm detuned to 592 hp without ABS, TCS and so on.

Couldn't see a damn thing anyway, so I'll just grab my Cr. 1m and go away ;)

I'm with CargoRatt, these hacked cars are ruining it for everybody who does not cheat :yuck: , but like he said The WRS is for Real Race Fans who want to drive legit :cool:. On a different note Welcome Back CargoRatt, Its good to have you back and racing again 👍 :cheers:

I'm with CargoRatt, these hacked cars are ruining it for everybody who does not cheat :yuck: , but like he said The WRS is for Real Race Fans who want to drive legit :cool:. On a different note Welcome Back CargoRatt, Its good to have you back and racing again 👍 :cheers:

Thank you but, umm, I didn't know that I went anywhere. :lol: I've been racing, (time trialing) just not here. I'm only here to create atmosphere. :lol: All my time is spent in the WRS.

Thank you but, umm, I didn't know that I went anywhere. :lol: I've been racing, (time trialing) just not here. I'm only here to create atmosphere. :lol: All my time is spent in the WRS.

He was probably referring to this post of yours, 27 Aug;

"Well gang, bad news. Its 7:am here and I just got out of the hospital. Seems my new sleeping medication has been causing me to walk in my sleep. No big deal till last night when I went tumbling down all 24 of our stairs. Suffered mild head injuries, a dislocated shoulder, and a fractured hip. But you know me, I will press on as soon as I possibly can. Vision is kinda blurry right now not to mention the pain I'm in. But as soon as I'm able to get into my playseat, I will be back. Probably sooner than you all think. Anyway, that's it for me for now. NGU. "

Decided to try some other cars here, not interested in doing any more in the 2J or doing the online races, maybe the Takata Dome and the Ford Spec II Test Car for starters.

Even with the hacked cars there, I'm currently 63rd, with a 3:42.318

If you cant beat my time Dalone, then the hackers shouldn't be bothering you.

2J, try these numbers....
505hp 933kg 112kg@30
suspension
0 , -10
10 , 16
3 , 10
3 , 10
6 , 7
3.0 , 2.0
-.05 , .05
Diff
BB
6 , 5

Last edited:
Improved to position 185 now 3.45.776 still more time to be found yet.
Car is on share psn id stewyripper.
Happy motoring.

Even with the hacked cars there, I'm currently 63rd, with a 3:42.318

If you cant beat my time Dalone, then the hackers shouldn't be bothering you.

2J, try these numbers....
505hp 933kg 112kg@30
suspension
0 , -10
10 , 16
3 , 10
3 , 10
6 , 7
3.0 , 2.0
-.05 , .05
Diff
BB
6 , 5

Your tune Jimi is somewhat different than Pmjg's 2J tune which I was using in TT #69, so I might give it a try.
I tried some other cars earlier but couldn't match my 2J time which is now 3:53 I think.
I don't expect to get anywhere near your time though.
Yep, the hackers really peed me off yesterday but I am a Seasonal animal after all, and must be fed, so put aside my feelings of disgust with them, hardened up if you like, and again attacked the track.
PS Jimi, I bred Pit Bulls from 1980 (one of my sons is named Colby) until some years ago when I went back to cattle dogs.

He was probably referring to this post of yours, 27 Aug;

"Well gang, bad news. Its 7:am here and I just got out of the hospital. Seems my new sleeping medication has been causing me to walk in my sleep. No big deal till last night when I went tumbling down all 24 of our stairs. Suffered mild head injuries, a dislocated shoulder, and a fractured hip. But you know me, I will press on as soon as I possibly can. Vision is kinda blurry right now not to mention the pain I'm in. But as soon as I'm able to get into my playseat, I will be back. Probably sooner than you all think. Anyway, that's it for me for now. NGU. "

Decided to try some other cars here, not interested in doing any more in the 2J or doing the online races, maybe the Takata Dome and the Ford Spec II Test Car for starters.

Ah, ok. Yea, in my life, that's just a minor set back. :lol: After all I've been through the last 4 years or so, yea, that's just a small dip in the road. :lol: At any rate, glad you stalk my posts enough to know what he was talking about. :sly:

After a 2hr session I've managed to cut 1 second off my time now at a 3:41.047 for 54# at time and with 8 known cheaters at top of leader board.
I'm not quite sure on the vertigo cars thou I saved two of the replays when they was top ten and and I doubt even with full ballast that it would get up too 236mph on the straight and be bouncing off the rev limit half way down

After a 2hr session I've managed to cut 1 second off my time now at a 3:41.047 for 54# at time and with 8 known cheaters at top of leader board.
I'm not quite sure on the vertigo cars thou I saved two of the replays when they was top ten and and I doubt even with full ballast that it would get up too 236mph on the straight and be bouncing off the rev limit half way down

Great run skyline, was this in the 2J? Okay if I use yours on share?

Hi Everyone,
So, not to come off completely pathetic but, I really need a 2J to use for this TT. I'm asking not just to try and better my time (4:2xx in a detuned LM Zonda), but because i have NEVER driven one. I used that program to see when my used garage will have it and it's going to be forever. So I ask: anyone willing to share a 2J with me? My PSN ID is the same as my username here.

Please let me know if you are able to help :)

Thanks!

EDIT: I have a 4 minute 2 second that I want to better, not a 4 minute and 20 second lap.

Last edited:
Yeah mate have a go easy 3:40 in it but was getting so tired couldn't drop in to 39s

Thanks used your 2J and got a 3:48.156 after three runs. All the time I have tonight for TT's. Man that thing is hard to drive at night. Thinking I can get it down another 5-8 seconds with some practice.

Ah, ok. Yea, in my life, that's just a minor set back. :lol: After all I've been through the last 4 years or so, yea, that's just a small dip in the road. :lol: At any rate, glad you stalk my posts enough to know what he was talking about. :sly:

Didn't stalk anyone's posts Cargo, just remembered you saying you'd be absent for a while which was what the poster who mentioned it was obviously referring to. It seemed you had forgotten advising that when you answered him.

And if I meet someone on the street I'll forget their name in 5 seconds, but other more trivial things often get sorted and placed in easy retrieval boxes.
That's old age for ya.

Thanks used your 2J and got a 3:48.156 after three runs. All the time I have tonight for TT's. Man that thing is hard to drive at night. Thinking I can get it down another 5-8 seconds with some practice.

Nice bench mark to work from, it's tough especially the back section with narrow high speed straights touch the grass and its over and that's just the dark add the 2j with its handling characteristics makes it even harder

Just took a look at the current top 10 and its pretty much tainted with these 5G's and other hacked cars. :rolleyes: Good luck to anyone trying to get into the top 10 legitimately. 👍

@Dalone: That's funny, because that post you quoted came from the WRS thread, not here. :sly:

Just took a look at the current top 10 and its pretty much tainted with these 5G's and other hacked cars. :rolleyes: Good luck to anyone trying to get into the top 10 legitimately. 👍

I'm suspicious of the vertigo times too even a fully tuned vertigo won't get to 240 mph on straights like two of the replays do I can see at least 11 hacked times

The thing that kills me is that car was exclusive to Japan and all the accounts using it are from other regions so there goes subtlety lol. I hope PD don't remove it from our garages like the JP Flag Color X1. :scared:

Personally I find it a bit hilarious what limits some of these hackers go to. I'm not ungrateful for all of what PD has given us, but damn does it feel good sometimes to see people sticking it up to PD. It's hard to argue that PD hasn't made some AWFUL decisions, and so as much as I enjoy the GT series, I still have the bad taste left over from some of the really ridiculous decisions they have gone through with.

I'm not sure how serious PD really takes seasonals, but if it's anything to them, at the least they must be annoyed that they consistently have to deal with hackers. Obviously they don't really contribute to the community too much, as everyone has a complaint about them (with good reason), but these hackers are doing the dirty work sort of speak and hopefully getting on PD's nerves, so that they start reconsidering how they handle things.

It's all quite a double edged sword, but the point they make is a sharp one.

With that being said, on to the TT.

Those of you not looking to try and match the top of the pack with the likes of the 2J or anything else up there, may I suggest the Lamborghini Diablo GT1. It can slide around a little but also stay fairly planted. I ran a red lap 3:57 and an official time of 3:58.9xx, putting me in to the 3,750s, which if I don't get bumped up severely by the end of this, would be my best TT position to date.

I can't decide if these people are painting a target on their backs or an L on their forheads. 👎

@Dalone: That's funny, because that post you quoted came from the WRS thread, not here. :sly:

True Cargo, not from here, it came from the last TT, #69 at Spa. 28 August, 9:58pm post #151 where you provided a link explaining why you .." won't be doing anything for a while."

Quote. '"I won't be doing anything for awhile. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...82#post8774582""

Seems my memory is better than yours after all, notwithstanding the age gap between us.

Back