Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
That sucks mate you was getting close to my time aswell saying that I've got 9 friends in the top 250 last time I checked all within 2.5 seconds of each other

Got my time down to a 3:43.737, so maybe another second if I'm lucky and smooth in the last sector and those two last damn chicanes. Hard to find your 2J on share when I have time to race which is 20-30 minutes a day if I'm lucky.

i swapped to gillet and went quicker, the gillet's handling/balance is rubbish compared to the 2J, but the straights are so long as long as you nail the exits you can make up tonnes of time, 3:44.480 at the moment, haven't started tweaking the setup yet, nice to have headlights too

as per usual, im not amongst the sad minority who are hacking the game

Thanks for the heads up. Just going to hoover around all the vents.
You got a good 7 years or so out of your Phat PS3 :-)

Good news, new ps3 here Wednesday fingers crossed.
Bad news may have to start from scratch but we shall wait and see.👍:)👍

Great! I hope you went for the slim and not the super slim. Have a bunch of car tickets. Just shout if you need any. I am on your friends list. Cheers

First your wheel goes bonkers and now your console, :banghead:
hopefully you can recover your game progress and just pick up where you were on the new console. If not I have plenty of spare cars to send.

Great! I hope you went for the slim and not the super slim. Have a bunch of car tickets. Just shout if you need any. I am on your friends list. Cheers

Many thanks mate if i need help i will shout:)

First your wheel goes bonkers and now your console, :banghead:
hopefully you can recover your game progress and just pick up where you were on the new console. If not I have plenty of spare cars to send.

Many thanks mate if i need help i will shout:tup:

Finally 3:53:305 with the GT-one.
Anyone have a decent tune for this car?
I feel a 3:51 could be possible.

Il chuck it back on share in morning won't be on the TT till Wednesday

Thanks skyline, used your 2J with no TC and a 5/4 brake balance to jump from 3:43.737 after 6 runs to a 3:42.019, pretty happy with that. Really concentrated on my braking points on the straits and then smoothed(much less braking) things out on the brakes in sector 3 and didn't mess up those last two chicanes.

Pretty happy with my time and may get greedy and try again tomorrow night to improve again, may have hit my talent limit though.

I think I'm done at 3:39.237. Thanks jimipitbull for the tune on page 4. I added full ballast for 536 hp which helped on the straights. Amo's time is crazy.

went a bit quicker in the Gillet, now 3:42.xx, 200th when i logged off last night, tweaked the gear ratios for more optimal top speed and reduced the TC from 4 to 2, i normally run 0 TC, but this car is a handful!, can't really work out why more people aren't using it, gonna try again tonight with my existing setup and zero TC and also with a Praiano Tune i found on this forum

also gonna try again with my existing 2J setup which worked pretty well in the previous time trial but with the gear ratios mentioned a few pages back

The fastest i have run so far in the Takata Dome NSX '03 is a 3:50.005, and i am sure there is still at least a second more to gain.

I am currently registered with a 3:49.7 in the Mazda Furai.

I have now managed to better my 'Mazda Furai' time yet again with the 'Takata Dome NSX '03' by little more than a tenth, so now on a 3:49.611 with a couple of twitchy exits, and i also red lapped a few faster times in the process including a 49.004, those 🤬 kerbs on the final chicanes again!

I have now managed to better my 'Mazda Furai' time yet again with the 'Takata Dome NSX '03' by little more than a tenth, so now on a 3:49.611 with a couple of twitchy exits, and i also red lapped a few faster times in the process including a 49.004, those 🤬 kerbs on the final chicanes again!

I feel your pain I've red lapped around 10 sub 3:40s by getting to greedy on the entrance and exit of them frustrating to do 3:30 of perfect driving to throw it away in last 10 seconds

I just pulled a 3:49.920 with the Gillet Vertigo Race Car, (914hp, 965kg and 600pp) Hard to control, but fun. Played it conservative at the end to not go red. These TT's are addicting.

EDIT: now down to a 3:48.878

Last edited:
Ps3 gone pop so will not be on for a while.
I will still be watching though.
See you all later stewyripper

Good news got new ps3 managed to recover data after a struggle so it's game on.
A big thank you to all who sent cars etc when it looked like all was lost.👍:)👍

Well it turns out less is more with my 2j took some weight off and adjusted the power to the magic 600pp mark and first lap out the box with two rookie errors on first corner and exit on to the straight I put in a 3:39.680 well happy with that for now

Good news got new ps3 managed to recover data after a struggle so it's game on.
A big thank you to all who sent cars etc when it looked like all was lost.👍:)👍

:cheers: Thats great news Stewy, and in time to put in a few more runs on this tt. 👍

Well it turns out less is more with my 2j took some weight off and adjusted the power to the magic 600pp mark and first lap out the box with two rookie errors on first corner and exit on to the straight I put in a 3:39.680 well happy with that for now

Excellent time will be having a go at that tonight or tomorrow am.

Wow, great time. Sometimes it's that first lap. What ballast if any did you drop it down to? 75???

I just pulled a 3:49.920 with the Gillet Vertigo Race Car, (914hp, 965kg and 600pp) Hard to control, but fun. Played it conservative at the end to not go red. These TT's are addicting.

EDIT: now down to a 3:48.878

That is good news, and as it happens, after some more fine tuning i have finally managed to tame the Vertigo myself with the DS3 and have just run a conservative 3:45.872, i think there may be more to gain if i risk driving the corners with a bit more speed.

EDIT: 3:44.492 now, but was very messy on the last chicanes.

Last edited:
That is good news, and as it happens, after some more fine tuning i have finally managed to tame the Vertigo myself with the DS3 and have just run a conservative 3:45.872, i think there may be more to gain if i risk driving the corners with a bit more speed.

EDIT: 3:44.492 now, but was very messy on the last chicanes.

Running the Vertigo with a DS3 is gotta be difficult. I feel I am on the edge with a DFGT. I red lapped a lower 48 lap, maybe it time for me to start tweaking the tune a bit. Good luck at getting 3:45.

Running the Vertigo with a DS3 is gotta be difficult. I feel I am on the edge with a DFGT.

It is keeping me on my toes that's for sure.

I have just run a 3:43.867 for #279, which is the highest i have ever been this late in a TT. only 26hrs left.

I am starting to believe this to be true.

I have just watched the Vertigo replay that is currently in tenth place [it is insane] and so decided to see for myself what the Vertigo is actually capable of at 600pp and after plenty of fine tuning to get the best i can out of it, i could only manage to do a 3:54, and may only be able to improve by another second MAX. [Unless there is an oversight in my tuning, which i doubt]....

I'd say all sub 3:45 Vertigo times are HACKED!

sorry to drag up the thread, but i was thinking about this, but the easiest way to tell the hackers is that they usually use a new username for each event, which you can check by looking at one of the rankings websites like mygranturismo.net

i ended up about 180th, best ever GT time trial result, well chuffed

Well now, since i have managed to run a sub 3:45 lap myself in the Vertigo, i feel that i should retract that statement which i made, tho i am still slightly suspicious of the sub 3:40 Vertigo times in terms of corner grip, accel, and top speed [for this hand-full of a car] because i still can't really believe that the 4th placed Vertigo lap is possible, it still looks insanely mental to me.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?online_id=gok-kmd05

He seems to have skipped a lot of recent TTs and his placings for the previous TTs he has done are not very consistent.

Also PD has cleared out the obvious hackers, but has missed the two Subaru Impeza's at #39 and #119, even the GT-ONE at #238 seems odd [but is consistent with his previous placings].
And lest i forget the wally at #311 in the 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86. ha!

Last edited:
lol re the sub 3:45, no probs, all the guys times you mention times do look suspect, and annoyingly still in the result it seems,

knowing how small the window of tuning was for that vertigo, to keep in within the 600pp, then i dont understand how those top speeds are possible (with a legal car), and also a 4th place finish is a massive anomaly for that guys record

it is possible that people are being gifted / shared cars and not realising they're hacked cars?

in the end I went slightly quicker using a Prainao tune but with my original gear ratios, top speed was about 231mph before the first chicane on the long back straight, really odd handling, sometimes it seems right in the groove othertimes its understeer city

i did try the 2J again with a setup from this thread, but could only do a 3:46, the Vertigo was the better car for me

For real though, really, it was another TooJay love in! No I don't have one. Don't know when it'll pop up in the dealership? So I had to actually drive my Peugeot 905 to a 2938 ranking with a best of 3:55:540...oh well 👍

There are too much cheaters, THAT makes me angry.

My time was a 03:41.133 ... i think its ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back