Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
Ryk
I expected a Chaparral TwoJay lock down...
ANd was pleased to see a 908 I 5th... then When I returned to pick a car ... a Gillet Vertigo was leading!
I put this down to some PP thing - It seemed to get to a very high speed (Elipsis)

I used a Honda Super GT Wieder car... Nice in the turns, But never really got a high speed on the straights (And that takes skill.)

Easily managed to edge under Gold once I dropped the aero.

Good fun to drive at night in a car that wasn't a LM monster racer. (Still managed to ruin my first lap by goofing up the Ford Chicanes on the run to the start of the Time Trial - Proper talent that!)
--
Looking at the pictures on page one I am amazed how people will lower their standards to lower their lap times.

Strangely enough, that's exactly what I did. Both parts. :lol:

Great event! Brilliant design! La Sarthe at night to troll the 2J users (I'll admit, I did use it to win). Have a banned car list. Awesome!

Restrict the cars in the drift event to RWD! Perfect!

Unfortunately, the events aren't hack-proof as shown by the JACKASS in the hacked Impreza. I hope he gets his console and IP address banned.

I have just done a 3:58.9 with the 'NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car' this car is very much fun to drive and with some more tinkering on my tune, i may be able to gain another 1 or 2 seconds.

Netted a 3:55.265 in the same car, with zero assists. Good fun, and there's some more time to be had. Rocking to and fro harder in my seat should net a few extra tenths. You can do it! 👍

Last edited:
I used the NOMAD Diablo, detuned slightly, to get the 600pp. Walk in the park. I first tried the Audi R8 LMS, and could possibly have done it with that too, but I decided to have a go with the Diablo, and golded on the first try...
The 3:39 on top the leaderboard is way beyond me though. Anyone know what car was used for that? The 2J?

its a hacked subaru impreza

Ha ha (again), did 3:57 with my 2J then looked at the leader board and saw that a IMPREZA Super Touring Car was the car to beat, not even sure I looked at the time, so tried mine.
More ha ha. Was about 10 seconds off my time halfway down the straight. Checked the 1st place time and the Subaru was 30 secs better on 3:29.
That's when I stopped doing this TT.

Ha ha (again), did 3:57 with my 2J then looked at the leader board and saw that a IMPREZA Super Touring Car was the car to beat, not even sure I looked at the time, so tried mine.
More ha ha. Was about 10 seconds off my time halfway down the straight. Checked the 1st place time and the Subaru was 30 secs better on 3:29.
That's when I stopped doing this TT.

Ha, now you're finally starting to get it. All you need to do now is take the final step and make your way to the WRS. :sly: These TT's ain't nothing but a fools paradise anymore.

Just watched the replay of the Toyota GT ONE. Another horrible hack job. :rolleyes: Ah well, what can ya do but wait for GT6 and hope all this gets fixed.

Got a 3:57.329 in the SKYLINE GT-R R33 TC quite pleased with that, might see if I can go any better in a 2J. :)

Edit - And a 3:48.534 in the 2J on my one and only run with it. :)

Last edited:
This is arguably the most stupid TT PD has done, IMO. Firstly, they allow the 2J in the dark. (I strongly agree with Mitch on this!) Then, in their infinite wisdom, they make it possible for hacked cars to be used. Did they really believe that, after providing the cars for a couple of TT's, the cheaters would suddenly fall in line & not use their hacked pieces of crap? Ya, right...

As a TT this is an absolute waste of time. The only saving grace for me is seeing which of my cars can run the best time in the dark.

It's a time trial. By definition, you are racing the clock.

2J or someone cheating is not worth getting worked up about. Especially when PD seem to delete most of the cheaters every few days.

Reading threads full of people complaining is much, much worse

This is arguably the most stupid TT PD has done, IMO. Firstly, they allow the 2J in the dark. (I strongly agree with Mitch on this!) Then, in their infinite wisdom, they make it possible for hacked cars to be used. Did they really believe that, after providing the cars for a couple of TT's, the cheaters would suddenly fall in line & not use their hacked pieces of crap? Ya, right...

I'm with you, PD are very naive. I would like to think that as well as removing bogus entries on the leader boards they are banning the associated PSN accounts from going online with GT5, I bet that is not the case. Pretty shoddy all round.

Don't think I'm even going to bother with this one, don't see the point in trying to compete against hackers and also using that god damn 2j!!

As I said in the last tt I believe there needs to be far more restriction on these tt's. Either using a year or drivetrain restriction will create variety, I know people can use what ever car they want but this is stupid.

Personally I see the only way to go is using the fixed car tt's, it removes the chances of hacking and means there's a level field for all. Real shame as I was on a good level of form personally :( oh well I guess it's a couple of weeks on battlefield to wait for the next tt.

Was a bit of fun driving in the dark with a 2J, contrary to what others say (a worthy challenge to belt it out with 1% visibility). With regards to the hacks that's hitting below the belt and plain cheating. Best l concentrate on my times using my cars and borrowing one or two just for comparison

Not been doing many seasonals rececently - just don't need the money any more - but this one looked interesting as I'd never driven Sarthe in the dark.

Tried a couple of laps in the R34TC with high turbo for a silver, but too much understeer and a lack of fun. So I dug out the majestic XK13, and made some small changes to the default setup. Much better, but it was late and I didn't make a clean lap :dunce:. I'm determined to gold it with this beauty though.

I think PD purposely chose to set the race at night to give the 2J users a hard time. Yes, they could have banned the 2J, but I think PD wanted to troll the people that use the car all the time.

EDIT: The nighttime setting could have also made some people change their car from the 2J to a GT car or LMP with headlights.

Time to break out the Chaparral 2J again?????

Nope:irked:, I ran it enough times at Spa to satisfy the "need for speed"!;):D

So I have decided to run a few of my lesser used cars just for fun.💡:)

Here's my initial La Sarthe TT runs:

Car used ......................... Time..

Chevy Corvette Z06 C2 '63 .. 4:02.391
Ford GT40 Race '69 ............ 4:02.666
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race ........ 4:02.801
Chaparral 2D Race '67 ......... 4:02.467
Ferrari 330 P4 Race '67 ........ 4:02.529
Jaguar XJ13 Race '66............ 4:02.904
Chevy Corvette C5-R '00....... 4:02.778
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 ........ 4:02.829
Lister Storm V12 Race '99...... 4:02.984
Chevy Camaro LM Race......... 4:02.961
Gillet Vertigo Race '04........... 4:02.875
Nissan R390 GT1 Race '98...... 4:02.846
GT by Citroen Race Car......... 4:02.714
Ford Mark IV Race '67........... 4:02.673
Pagani Zonda LM Race.......... 4:02.688
Ford 2000 Falcon XR8........... 4:02.734
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch........ 4:02.604

The Jaguar XJ220 is heavy and slow but it is just planted to the track so it is super easy to drive.:)

The Ford GT40 is a handful:eek:, so it took me a couple of attempts to win the Gold trophy (its also seems to be maxed out with a PPV at about 585).

The Lister Storm is nose heavy and sluggish so it took me a few attempts before I was able to win the Gold. On my second to last attempt I ran a 4:03.019:eek: and just missed the Gold, so an immediate re-start was on order.

The Gillet Vertigo has good straight-line speed but is only average in the turns.

Kyle Busch's NASCAR is heavy of course, but has decent straight-line speed so its ok, though it doesn't have any head-lights.:eek:

The Nissan R390 GT1 has good speed and is easy to drive.

The Ford MarkIV Race Car is challenged by the turns, but has great top-end speed so it can easily beat the Gold time.

The Citroen GT by Citroen Race Car seemed to be the fastest of the lot, and it should be listed at least 3 seconds quicker but I intentionally scrubbed off some speed near the end of the run. And it has a nice 7-speed gear-box.:)

The Ferrari 330 P4 is also very fast, and it should be listed at least 2 seconds quicker, but I intentionally scrubbed off some speed near the end of the run.

The Jaguar XJ13 is also very fast, but I again scrubbed off some speed near the end of the run.

All seventeen cars were run on one game profile, so currently I'm placed at around 11500 on the Leaderboard with the '63 Corvette C2 Race Car, but this is likely to change when I run some more machinery at La Sarthe.:) BTW, it is hard to only run my TT's on one game profile, since once I beat my previous best time, the earlier results are lost to the internet (only to be viewed by the NSA, if they are so inclined;):lol:), since previously I had gotten so used to seeing the other results on my friends lists, but I doubt I will care after a week or so (and extensive therapy bills:lol:).

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I think PD purposely chose to set the race at night to give the 2J users a hard time. Yes, they could have banned the 2J, but I think PD wanted to troll the people that use the car all the time.

EDIT: The nighttime setting could have also made some people change their car from the 2J to a GT car or LMP with headlights.

I think you're giving PD too much credit. This tt just screams of a company who couldn't care less and have lost all creativity.

Just a thought, but maybe a poll on the game website to determine the next tt would be a nice touch, even if it was to give us gamers the impression they cared remotely about us!

I think you're giving PD too much credit. This tt just screams of a company who couldn't care less and have lost all creativity.

Just a thought, but maybe a poll on the game website to determine the next tt would be a nice touch, even if it was to give us gamers the impression they cared remotely about us!

It seems pretty creative to me considering they've banned cheaty cars* from both events except hacked cars.

*Cheaty cars like the F1 cars and Red Bulls in the Time Trial, Front Wheel Drive cars in the drift trial. I also didn't include the 2J because I know I would annoy a few people like CargoRatt who like the car.

It seems pretty creative to me considering they've banned cheaty cars* from both events except hacked cars.

*Cheaty cars like the F1 cars and Red Bulls in the Time Trial, Front Wheel Drive cars in the drift trial. I also didn't include the 2J because I know I would annoy a few people like CargoRatt who like the car.

Lol, don't worry about annoying me my friend. If you want to consider the 2J a cheat car, go right ahead, its a free world. 👍 And also, if you can be bothered to go back and read what I said earlier, which I know you did, otherwise you would not have known that I like the car, you would see that I myself said it should be banned from this TT because it has no headlights and has no buissiness in a TT that's ran in the dark. So in the future, if you are going to drop my name in one of your posts or otherwise take a dig at me, make sure you include ALL the things I said and don't just takes parts of it to suit you're own post. ;)

For any one that don't want to use the 2j another option I've found that just did a comfortable 3.51 with mistakes is the Mazda furai concept 08 the head lights and rear lights look so cool in pitch black
And it beats the detuned lmp cars I've got it on share if any one is interested

For any one that don't want to use the 2j another option I've found that just did a comfortable 3.51 with mistakes is the Mazda furai concept 08 the head lights and rear lights look so cool in pitch black
And it beats the detuned lmp cars I've got it on share if any one is interested

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to trying this car. Good choice. 👍

*Cheaty cars like the F1 cars and Red Bulls ...........

I'm sorry to inform BUT there is a Red Bull 5G in number one spot right now!!! Obviously hacked as well :-( It only revs to 8,000rpm but is still good for over 400kph. This makes the 2Js just look silly ;-)

Can someone please tell me why PD/Sony are not banning these people's accounts? And why aren't they blocking their PS3s from PSN?

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to trying this car. Good choice. 👍

I'd already set a time with the 2j (my over competitive side came out) but been looking at what other cars I could use (same profile) only run one on TTs but its surprisingly easy to drive and looks great

I'm sorry to inform BUT there is a Red Bull 5G in number one spot right now!!! Obviously hacked as well :-( It only revs to 8,000rpm but is still good for over 400kph. This makes the 2Js just look silly ;-)

Can someone please tell me why PD/Sony are not banning these people's accounts? And why aren't they blocking their PS3s from PSN?

Looks like they didn't acknowledge the existence of a car they created only for Japan. They also didn't acknowledge that people in other regions obtained it through other methods. Oh well. Just another one of the many flaws in this broken game. I fear GT6 won't be any better.

I'm watching the replay now. It's funny watching these fools try to drive their hacked cars. They can hardly keep them on the track, thus making them look more foolish than they already do. :lol:

On another note, it looks like they went and cleared the board of the previous round of hybridded cars. As far as banning people or whatever, I have no clue why they don't. Maybe they do and these people just create another account or use a different console....who knows. All these TT's are for me anymore is a source of entertainment watching these fools and seeing what they come up with next. :lol:

@Dan: Think positive. Hopefully Sony/PD is learning something from this fiasco. We can only hope. For now, another shameless plug for the WRS. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

I'm watching the replay now. It's funny watching these fools try to drive their hacked cars. They can hardly keep them on the track, thus making them look more foolish than they already do. :lol:

On another note, it looks like they went and cleared the board of the previous round of hybridded cars. As far as banning people or whatever, I have no clue why they don't. Maybe they do and these people just create another account or use a different console....who knows. All these TT's are for me anymore is a source of entertainment watching these fools and seeing what they come up with next. :lol:

It is entertaining watching these morons try to drive these ridiculous cars. :lol:

I wouldn't mind a 1,000 horsepower Impreza racecar in GT5 (Theres probably atleast one in real life), but the one yesterday was flat-out stupid, along with the guy driving it.

I'm just surprised there isn't a horsepower cap in the game. I say 2000 HP should be the ultimate limit of power in the game, or atleast the same amount as the Red Bull X2011.

Time to break out the Chaparral 2J again?????

Nope:irked:, I ran it enough times at Spa to satisfy the "need for speed"!;):D

So I have decided to run a few of my lesser used cars just for fun.💡:)

Here's my initial La Sarthe TT runs:

Car used ......................... Time..

Ford GT40 Race '69 ............ 4:02.666
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race ........ 4:02.801
Chevy Corvette Z06 C2 '63 .. 4:02.391
Chaparral 2D Race '67 ......... 4:02.467
Ferrari 330 P4 Race '67 ........ 4:02.529

The Jaguar XJ220 is heavy and slow but it is just planted to the track so it is super easy to drive.:)

The Ford GT40 is a handful:eek:, so it took me a couple of attempts to win the Gold trophy (its also seems to be maxed out with a PPV at about 585).

The Ferrari 330 P4 is the fastest of the lot, and it should be listed at least 2 seconds quicker, but I intentionally scrubbed off some speed near the end of the run.

All five cars were run on one game profile, so currently I'm placed at around 6000 on the Leaderboard with the '63 Corvette C2 Race Car, but this is likely to change when I run some more machinery at La Sarthe (I have a '66 Jaguar XJ13 and the Chevy Corvette C5-R '00 tuned up and waiting for their chance).:) BTW, it is hard to only run my TT's on one game profile, since once I beat my previous best time, the earlier results are lost to the internet (only to be viewed by the NSA, if they are so inclined;):lol:), since I had gotten so used to seeing the other results on my friends lists, but I doubt I will care after a week or so (and extensive therapy bills:lol:).

See you on the track!
GTsail

The XJ13 does well, though l have personally used that in a competition against the 330 ferrari for a virtual Le mans race. Tweeted right the jag still didn't cut it compared to the ferrari. My suggestion would be tune the ferrari a bit more and see what time you put in

It does make for interesting viewing watching the hackmobile's run, not quite understanding how they can get a redbull to 600pp though. The best part about the TT's for me is the friendly competition on your friends list.

Netted a 3:55.265 in the same car, with zero assists. Good fun, and there's some more time to be had. Rocking to and fro harder in my seat should net a few extra tenths. You can do it! 👍

I have just bettered my previous time by 2.2 secs and now on 3:56.6 and i think i can still improve on that.

Before achieving this time i was running some practice laps in daylight with the NSX-R Prototype and managed to do a 3:54.3 so i am going to aim for that in the dark too.

I am going to try the Takata Dome '03 soon to see how it compares.

It does make for interesting viewing watching the hackmobile's run, not quite understanding how they can get a redbull to 600pp though. The best part about the TT's for me is the friendly competition on your friends list.

They are using cars with negative PP values. :yuck:

Back