Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
Thanks for the loan of your car.
Tried your setup but got to make some very minor changes for my driving style,
Corners like you said. Will be back on tomorrow morning so we will see what happens then.
Still at least i am in the top 250 still, now the cheats have been removed.
:)

Still a few on there and couple mid table trying to avoid getting wiped off

Still a few on there and couple mid table trying to avoid getting wiped off

Yes, unfortunately, as soon as they wipe them off, there is always more to follow. An endless cycle that could have all been avoided if PD would have used their head in the first place. Like I said in the beginning with the 2J being allowed to run in the dark in this event even though it has no headlights, not a very well thought out TT event.

Use your 2j on a offline TT practice in day light save your replay with a decent time then load it when you enter the TT online and use the ghost that way helps you find the normal line quick and build a decent pace

That's a good tip, thanks. I'm not sure that the red comes up in the same places in the TT as on the offline practice but it's a good idea. I was doing a lap in a car with headlights then loading the ghost so I could see in the 2J. It worked for a while but the 2J gets so far ahead the lights behind don't do anything. Also, after a clear lap on the 2J, the other car disappears.

Yes, unfortunately, as soon as they wipe them off, there is always more to follow. An endless cycle that could have all been avoided if PD would have used their head in the first place. Like I said in the beginning with the 2J being allowed to run in the dark in this event even though it has no headlights, not a very well thought out TT event.

Yeah I can't really talk as I'm using a 2j and sitting in top 100 thou it is stupid to run a car with out lights and pd allowed it
But if you scroll down on the leader board you see a few fto's and wrx's in the lower spots to avoid being wiped off either that or they such rubbish drivers they can't keep up with legit times.

Il chuck it up on share again when I get home I've found the sweet spot on the speed vs cornering and got the gearing nice as well

I try car with wheel. Its crazy hand shaker :crazy:
3:42:526 on 4th lap.
my best for now 👍

PS.
where top guys find 8 more seconds ?

I try car with wheel. Its crazy hand shaker :crazy:
3:42:526 on 4th lap.
my best for now 👍

PS.
where top guys find 8 more seconds ?

It's the trade off struggle on straight but take corners faster I'm on a 3:40 but I know there another 0.5 to find easily

]Yeah I can't really talk as I'm using a 2j and sitting in top 100 [/B]thou it is stupid to run a car with out lights and pd allowed it
But if you scroll down on the leader board you see a few fto's and wrx's in the lower spots to avoid being wiped off either that or they such rubbish drivers they can't keep up with legit times.

Nothing against you at all for using the 2J. I'm just saying that, if PD wanted this to be realistic, they would have banned the 2J and any other cars that don't have headlights. That's all I was saying about the 2J. They should have banned the 5G as well beings that that car was only meant for the Japanese gamers. Like I said, not very well thought out. I just hope PD puts more thought and effort into these types of things with the new release. I'm not really expecting the hacking part to be a problem right away. As fun as they are and they have made the game interesting again for me, in all honesty, I could really do without them if it meant a level playing field for everyone in these events and online.

Well, I was that " close to buying a wheel today, drove 70km to do so too.
Electrical retailer (in OZ) Dick Smith advertised, Get Gran Turismo 6 free when released if you buy the Longitech G27 or Longitech Driving Force GT!
Above that was a pic of a Longitech Driving Force GT driving wheel for $179, however I thought it was the G27. Even rang to check and all seemed OK.
Anyway looked at the G27 online and it's around $380 and reviews put it well ahead of the DF GT.
Of course when I got there it was pointed out that it was only the DF GT for $179, so that was the end of that, came home empty handed.
One of these days probably.

I have used both. G27 is far better - worth the money. DF is clunky and I can kind of feel the gears inside. G27 is much smoother. Only advantage with DF is that you can adjust TC easily as you drive, but you can do that with g27 too. Let me know when you're in Sydney. You can have one of my g27 for something like a nominal $50, it needs a new potentiometer on the brake pedal - brakes stay on slightly sometimes.

Finally into the 3:41.... at 3:41.927. Still another sec in it for me, think I have had enough of 2j though and darkness. :irked:

I have used both. G27 is far better - worth the money. DF is clunky and I can kind of feel the gears inside. G27 is much smoother. Only advantage with DF is that you can adjust TC easily as you drive, but you can do that with g27 too. Let me know when you're in Sydney. You can have one of my g27 for something like a nominal $50, it needs a new potentiometer on the brake pedal - brakes stay on slightly sometimes.

Thanks for the offer Hoot but I live in Darwin and have no plans to visit my old stomping ground any time soon.

Hooray!!! finally broke out of 3.44, now down to 3.42.983 position 178 at time of writing.
I know there is at least another second in this maybe more in the hands of a better driver.
Car will be on share later on today.:):):)

Hooray!!! finally broke out of 3.44, now down to 3.42.983 position 178 at time of writing.
I know there is at least another second in this maybe more in the hands of a better driver.
Car will be on share later on today.:):):)

I know the feeling, stuck on 3:44.239 and I can run 3:40 to 3:41 pace up until the last sector or so and then play the last two chicanes too conservative and loose a second there alone I'm sure over driving the car.

Just red lapped a 3:38.9 by getting to greedy in last two chicanes clipped the marker cones with the front right on exit of 1st chicane very frustrating when I nailed every part off the lap except last 10 seconds of the lap 🙈

Just had a quick run but no improvement yet. will try again tomorrow car is on share to try.

Drank a 6 pack, found 2 seconds

3:40.150 (71st)

Might have a few more

sjm-woo.gif

Ps3 gone pop so will not be on for a while.
I will still be watching though.
See you all later stewyripper

I'm suspicious of the vertigo times too even a fully tuned vertigo won't get to 240 mph on straights like two of the replays do I can see at least 11 hacked times

I am starting to believe this to be true.

I have just watched the Vertigo replay that is currently in tenth place [it is insane] and so decided to see for myself what the Vertigo is actually capable of at 600pp and after plenty of fine tuning to get the best i can out of it, i could only manage to do a 3:54, and may only be able to improve by another second MAX. [Unless there is an oversight in my tuning, which i doubt]....

I'd say all sub 3:45 Vertigo times are HACKED!

Last edited:

I have just watched the Vertigo replay that is currently in tenth place [it is insane] and so decided to see for myself what the Vertigo is actually capable of at 600pp and after plenty of fine tuning to get the best i can out of it, i could only manage to do a 3:54, and may only be able to improve by another second MAX. [Unless there is an oversight in my tuning, which i doubt]....

I drove a very bad lap of 3:42 with Vertigo and I am sure 3:38 is possible. I also watched the replay of no1 Vertigo. There is nothing suspicious about his acceleration and straight line speed, the only thing is his corner speed but with a perfect setup and driving even that time is possible. Its just my opinion

I drove a very bad lap of 3:42 with Vertigo and I am sure 3:38 is possible. I also watched the replay of no1 Vertigo. There is nothing suspicious about his acceleration and straight line speed, the only thing is his corner speed but with a perfect setup and driving even that time is possible. Its just my opinion

How have you got it tuned? show me! My Vertigo does not accel or reach speeds like that at 600pp.

I did the same yesterday for 4 hours I tuned refined the suspension,LSD,gearbox did a few laps came adjusted it again and the best I could manage was a 3.47 I'm not saying they all hacked with out proof but even with a bad setup or standard car I can get within 2-4 seconds of top guys and no way was my vertigo hitting the speeds on straights as quick and the corner speeds are almost twice what I've been able to achieve

I did the same yesterday for 4 hours I tuned refined the suspension,LSD,gearbox did a few laps came adjusted it again and the best I could manage was a 3.47 I'm not saying they all hacked with out proof but even with a bad setup or standard car I can get within 2-4 seconds of top guys and no way was my vertigo hitting the speeds on straights as quick and the corner speeds are almost twice what I've been able to achieve

Your probably right about the vertigo's but without proof who's to say.
By the way wont be on for a few days ps3 went bang yesterday, stripped it but mobo is kaput.hopefully can recover data but only got a save on usb from march.:grumpy:

Finally ran a 3:53.9xx with my Honda Takata NSX. In the 1900s in the rankings. I am hoping to knock off a few more seconds.

By the way wont be on for a few days ps3 went bang yesterday, stripped it but mobo is kaput.hopefully can recover data but only got a save on usb from march.:grumpy:

Hi Stewyripper
When you stripped your ps3 down? was it covered in blankets of dust? I'm planning on stripping mine down to give it a good clean. A bit hesitant to do so though because I believe if it aint broke, don't fix it.
Hope you are able to recover your data. In your gamesaves on the ps3 system, gt5 makes a backup of your latest save.

That sucks mate you was getting close to my time aswell saying that I've got 9 friends in the top 250 last time I checked all within 2.5 seconds of each other

Hi Stewyripper
When you stripped your ps3 down? was it covered in blankets of dust? I'm planning on stripping mine down to give it a good clean. A bit hesitant to do so though because I believe if it aint broke, don't fix it.
Hope you are able to recover your data. In your gamesaves on the ps3 system, gt5 makes a backup of your latest save.

If it aint broke leave it alone. The only thing you need to do is put a hoover round all the vents to suck out as much dust as you can.
My ps3, i got when they had been out for 6 months, was a 60gig version. I put the extra fans on the side which kept it really cool which is why it lasted so long. There was hardly any dust in it.

Finally ran a 3:53.9xx with my Honda Takata NSX. In the 1900s in the rankings. I am hoping to knock off a few more seconds.

Good work, keep trying....

The fastest i have run so far in the Takata Dome NSX '03 is a 3:50.005, and i am sure there is still at least a second more to gain.

I am currently registered with a 3:49.7 in the Mazda Furai.

I have been trying all manner of capable cars in this TT with times from 3:55's down to 3:50's.

If it aint broke leave it alone. The only thing you need to do is put a hoover round all the vents to suck out as much dust as you can.
Thanks for the heads up. Just going to hoover around all the vents.
You got a good 7 years or so out of your Phat PS3 :-)

Back