Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
Strange, but i cant load any replay for that TT :guilty: Except replays from top 10.

Pretty sure you can only load the top ten times.

Giulietta "I remember ages ago a guy who won the 24 nurbie in a formula GT by using the driving line."

I doubt there is anyone who could even gold this event in the 2J without turning on the driving line.

Pretty sure you can only load the top ten times.

Giulietta "I remember ages ago a guy who won the 24 nurbie in a formula GT by using the driving line."

I doubt there is anyone who could even gold this event in the 2J without turning on the driving line.

I have no way to prove success except my word, but...

I have no way to prove success except my word, but...

There is a way to prove success here, you can post your race here like others do sometimes, oink83 for example who puts up a post of how to do every TT, although I can't, too complicated.

Failing that you could put it on Youtube and post the link here.

I had a feeling someone would have a go at it, mind you, I am referring to not having a car to follow, pitch black with no clues except for where there are street lights etc.

Improved again this morning now at 3.44.598 position 244 at time of writing.
Did do a 1.43.5xx but invalidated the lap, will try again later.
Car is on share for friends psn id stewyripper:):)

I see rafael_conceicao is using the same hacked car he used at eiger (44th) here....205 turbo 16 evo asm on , currently at 232....good job PD

I said I'd leave this tt but I couldn't resist! Not touching the 2j as yet and trying the gillet vertigo '04, my god what a car! It's like a 900hp fish, just squirms all over the place but worth the while. Just managed a 3.40,583, pretty stoked on that so far. May put the car on share later.

It is possible, at the beginning of the event I did it in 3:46 without driving line or ghost.

There are only two extremly hard parts of the track. First is the second long straight after the chicane, zero visibility, you just follow your instincts there for about ten seconds and hope the light will show very soon. Second is the fast right left before the back straight (4th corner in last sector), zero visibility because there aro no lights above the track but if you memorise that part while driving in daylight it is possible to drive through without crossing the lines.
Visibility on other straights is "little" better (even better if you turn brightness to +1) and there are light reflectors above almost every corner on the track.

It was fun but is really exhausting to be focused 100% of the lap so I wont be trying that anymore.

I said I'd leave this tt but I couldn't resist! Not touching the 2j as yet and trying the gillet vertigo '04, my god what a car! It's like a 900hp fish, just squirms all over the place but worth the while. Just managed a 3.40,583, pretty stoked on that so far. May put the car on share later.

I wonder how you guys managed to get 900hp from Vertigo?
I can only get 600hp, ballast to 200 -50 and aero to minimum.

I wonder how you guys managed to get 900hp from Vertigo?
I can only get 600hp, ballast to 200 -50 and aero to minimum.

It's mad, just crank up the power and the pp drops! Must be because it makes it harder to drive or something??

It is possible, at the beginning of the event I did it in 3:46 without driving line or ghost.

There are only two extremly hard parts of the track. First is the second long straight after the chicane, zero visibility, you just follow your instincts there for about ten seconds and hope the light will show very soon. Second is the fast right left before the back straight (4th corner in last sector), zero visibility because there aro no lights above the track but if you memorise that part while driving in daylight it is possible to drive through without crossing the lines.
Visibility on other straights is "little" better (even better if you turn brightness to +1) and there are light reflectors above almost every corner on the track.

It was fun but is really exhausting to be focused 100% of the lap so I wont be trying that anymore.

Wow, more power to you, I can't even get that low with the line on.

Did a 3:51 with the Standard Takata DOME NSX GT500. No special setup, just ran 545hp 1170kg with a little too much downforce. Great car to use!

Good time, The best I have seen posted here with a GT car. Do you know if that is near the limit of a GT car for this event? I have been using the Loctite NSX, and have worked down to a 3:58 clean lap, knowing there is a lot more available. Just wondering what a good driver could do it in with a GT car. Thanks in advance.

Another little improvement this evening now down to 3.44.037 position 219 at time of writing stewyripper.
Not a fast time i know, but it is legit not like the muppets at the top in their red bulls.

Good time, The best I have seen posted here with a GT car. Do you know if that is near the limit of a GT car for this event? I have been using the Loctite NSX, and have worked down to a 3:58 clean lap, knowing there is a lot more available. Just wondering what a good driver could do it in with a GT car. Thanks in advance.

I got 3:53 with the Weider HSV-010, using full front downforce (can't remember the rear, but it was probably too high as well :lol:). I think a well tuned Takata NSX could get at least a 3:49 if driven correctly.

Dalone, I don't have a way to record my driving live, otherwise I would. It'd just be a replay, which doesn't show the ghost and I don't think it shows the driving line.

I got 3:53 with the Weider HSV-010, using full front downforce (can't remember the rear, but it was probably too high as well :lol:). I think a well tuned Takata NSX could get at least a 3:49 if driven correctly.

Thanks, now I have a time to shoot for. Practice, practice, practice.

Have any of you guys tried Citroen race car? I could only manage a 3.58 with the Weider witch was a full 4seconds slower than the Citroen.. so I'm thinking a 3.46 or so should be possible in the hands of a decent driver.

Have any of you guys tried Citroen race car? I could only manage a 3.58 with the Weider witch was a full 4seconds slower than the Citroen.. so I'm thinking a 3.46 or so should be possible in the hands of a decent driver.

Yes I tried the Citroen. The car is fast and very nice to drive, but visibility is very poor if using the interior view, which I do. That "space-age" heads-up-display covers the line of sight on the apex.

That Gillet Vertigo is a strange car - I went to tune it down, but as I reduced engine power the PP went up a long way before starting to come down.
At 100% power the PP was 630, and at 50% it was 628PP.

I have done a 3:53.6 with the 'EPSON NSX '08' tho the lap was sloppy in places so probably few more tenths or seconds left to gain in it.

Also have a 3:54.7 with 'Takata Dome NSX '03' but it was a very messy lap so a second or maybe two to grab with that.

@glN315on... I have a 3:55.1 with the 'Loctite Mugen NSX' so far.

Really enjoying using all of the NSX's on this for now.

My registered time is a 3:52.9 with the 'Mazda Furai' but i shall be attempting to beat that again soon.

EDIT: Just done a 3:52.9 in the Takata Dome NSX '03 beating my Mazda Furai time by 0.015 :D

Last edited:
It's mad, just crank up the power and the pp drops! Must be because it makes it harder to drive or something??

Yeah, very strange :S
I also tried to do the same thing with Toyota 7 but 608pp was the lowest I can get...
3:42 after a few laps in Vertigo, car is awful and just cant see 4 more seconds, so, if I dont make or find a magical tune, I think I will stick with 2J.

It's a shame we can't see Amo's lap because his lap time is crazy. :)

Just done a 3:52.9 in the Takata Dome NSX '03 beating my Mazda Furai time by 0.015 :D

Thanks for the feedback, I tried the Takata, but it is a little tail happy exiting corners with my current tune, need to do some adjustments to it. What kind of downforce have you been using for this event?

I only ran a couple laps last night, did not better my time. I have only been using a DFGT wheel for a month, and been doing the game for a couple. I know I have more time in the corners, just need to practice my braking points.

Very happy today ran constantly for a hour with around 7 clean laps manage to knock 0.7 off previous best down to 3:40.015 with a very cautious approach in to last two chicanes so my sub 3:40 is still on
Just wish pd would clean the leader board up as they started popping up mid table to to avoid being caught

Very happy today ran constantly for a hour with around 7 clean laps manage to knock 0.7 off previous best down to 3:40.015 with a very cautious approach in to last two chicanes so my sub 3:40 is still on
Just wish pd would clean the leader board up as they started popping up mid table to to avoid being caught

Well done mate your over 4 seconds faster than me. Would love to borrow your car if at all possible, stewyripper:)

Well done mate your over 4 seconds faster than me. Would love to borrow your car if at all possible, stewyripper:)

Il chuck it up on share again when I get home I've found the sweet spot on the speed vs cornering and got the gearing nice as well

I didn't much fancy driving a 2J in the dark and I'm not concerned with the leaderboard so I decided to have a go at it in the Ferrari P4 330 with no ABS or TC. Just managed to scrape a gold but had enormous fun trying to tame the beast. I do like a bit of old-fashioned driving.

Thanks for the feedback, I tried the Takata, but it is a little tail happy exiting corners with my current tune, need to do some adjustments to it. What kind of downforce have you been using for this event?

I am using minimum downforce/95% power [595bhp] in my 'Takata Dome NSX '03' and have just beaten my time again, down to a 3:50.7 #929 for now, 3rd of the NSX users. :crazy:

I also red lapped a 3:49.9 by taking slightly too much kerb at the last chicane. :(

Last edited:
Well, I was that " close to buying a wheel today, drove 70km to do so too.
Electrical retailer (in OZ) Dick Smith advertised, Get Gran Turismo 6 free when released if you buy the Longitech G27 or Longitech Driving Force GT!
Above that was a pic of a Longitech Driving Force GT driving wheel for $179, however I thought it was the G27. Even rang to check and all seemed OK.
Anyway looked at the G27 online and it's around $380 and reviews put it well ahead of the DF GT.
Of course when I got there it was pointed out that it was only the DF GT for $179, so that was the end of that, came home empty handed.
One of these days probably.

Tried your tune Jimi but was unable to beat my ghost with it. I changed the power/weight to 512hp 981kg + mid range turbo. ( tried high range first but same story)
I think my gearing is letting me down though as I'm only reaching 320 odd k/mh in the 1st straight. Perhaps you can help with that.

no turbo

1st 1.374
2nd 1.085
3rd 0.892
final 3.278

Il chuck it up on share again when I get home I've found the sweet spot on the speed vs cornering and got the gearing nice as well
Thanks for the loan of your car.
Tried your setup but got to make some very minor changes for my driving style,
Corners like you said. Will be back on tomorrow morning so we will see what happens then.
Still at least i am in the top 250 still, now the cheats have been removed.
:)

Latest Posts

Back