Tips to raise my SR

United States
United States
I’m somewhat new to GT sport and I’m looking to raise my SR if I purposely stay in the back of the pack and race clean is that a good way to raise SR? Sorry if this is a Dumb question but like I said I’m new. :sly:

Normally I'd say to race several Race Cs which gives the most SR but Monza.

The most robust way is slow down, wait to be lapped then drive at normal speed and you'll be a ghost for the remainder of the race.

Qualify pole and run away with it, works best for me. Or just don't hit anybody and don't fight for position just concede the spot.

I’m somewhat new to GT sport and I’m looking to raise my SR if I purposely stay in the back of the pack and race clean is that a good way to raise SR? Sorry if this is a Dumb question but like I said I’m new. :sly:
The obvious way is to avoid contact and stay on the road, at all costs. So driving at the back is the easiest way. Some races you can sit in the pit all race. Another tip is keeping the visual driving line on, it will help concentrate on keeping on the road.

Having said that it's boring and doesn't teach you much. I think it's better to find a comfortable level. Racing at a comfortable level helps improve each race. Big swings in SR and DR means big differences in matchmaking which means less predictable opponents.

Whatever you do keep it fun. Don't take the ratings too seriously. Inconsistencies in the penalty system has been frustrating for everyone.

Although you can't lose SR, there's no way to raise SR by sitting in the pits all race. If you're not driving through sectors, you're not gaining SR points.
Not speaking from experience. My understanding is you can get a Clean Race Bonus that way to repair SR. Could be false.

Enter the FIA race today. Both the 10 minute qualifier and long race earn you SR. The more laps the more SR. I went for 16 SR to 99 SR in one race yesterday at Tsukaba despite two SR Downs during the race.

Normally Race C also has good SR but it's a bit lower this week and it's Monza which is notorious for SR losses.

Not speaking from experience. My understanding is you can get a Clean Race Bonus that way to repair SR. Could be false.

Yes you get the CRB by sitting in the pits as that's simply a flag that you can lose during the race by going off or getting an SR Down. But you don't get any SR for the CRB, you can even lose SR with CRB (has happened before when SR was deducted without SR Downs)

Depending on the mood PD is in, each sector is worth 0.30 to 0.45 SR. The more sectors you complete with green SR arrow, the more SR.

Avoid packs, so racing one guy is fine but be careful, yield if you have to and brake early is behind. Once a third car enters the fray back out and sit back and watch it unfold.

Back