tire the AI use on some track, & little bit of AI hp

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 81 comments
See, I knew that Clio got a major boost. So that proves my theory that PD forgot to include upgrades for the Clio engine at the tuning shop, but gives the ai car an upgrade!

And then there's the Starlet & March. Both of these (as I expected) get a major boost, hence they kill in the 80's series.

Okay here's a huge one. My favorite GT2 races of all time are the European and Pacific GT Regionals. These are the 6 races that award 250,000 cr each. I've always assumed the Viper has no modifiers since it has 470 hp, but that cars like the Impreza, NSX, and Supra (and others) get either minor or major power ups. 💡 How am I doing?

Last edited:
Yes 👍, that's true.

Euro - Pasific League:

Apricot Hill
1270 165 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 55
1270 165 TVR Cerbera 4.2
1050 165 RUF BTR2
1250 165 Aston Martin DB7 COUPE
1200 165 Jaguar XKR Coupe
1260 165 Lotus Esprit V8 SE

Grand valley
1050 165 RUF BTR2

Rome Circuit
1270 165 TVR Cerbera 4.2
1050 165 RUF BTR2

Midfield raceway
1430 170 Acura NSX Type S Zero
1430 170 Toyota Supra RZ '97
1230 170 Mustang SVT Cobra '99
1000 170 Viper GTS
1430 170 Mazda RX-7 Type RS '98
1430 170 300ZX Ver. S 2seater Turbo

Seattle circuit
1000 170 Viper GTS

Laguna Seca
1190 170 Corvette Grand Sport '96
1340 170 Impreza WRX STi Ver.VI
1000 170 Viper GTS

Although I rather puzzled by the lower multiplier for WRX STi, less power for 4WD? And how about Mustang SVT Cobra?

The second column is tire grip.
Tire grip usually:
145 = Normal
150 = sports
160 = hard
165 = medium
170 = soft
175 = super soft

There some exception on most race car (LM, GT, rally car etc). For example, Ford GT, even though sport tire have tire grip of 150, normal tire have the same grip as medium racing tire!

So, if you need to handicap yourself when using race car, use sports tire. normal tire is not a handicap if you use race car.
Right, we discovered that in a online series once, probably last century, and someone verified it with acceleration tests or something similar.

In your little chart you should indicate 145 is "Normal" for road cars, while 165 is "Normal" for race cars. (Correct details if I'm a little mistaken, of course). Have you determined the number(s) for simulation tires?

Yes 👍, that's true.

Euro - Pasific League:

Apricot Hill
1270 165 TVR Cerbera 4.2
1050 165 RUF BTR2

Grand valley
1050 165 RUF BTR2

Rome Circuit
1270 165 TVR Cerbera 4.2
1050 165 RUF BTR2

Midfield raceway
1000 170 Viper GTS

Seattle circuit
1000 170 Viper GTS

Laguna Seca
1190 170 Corvette Grand Sport '96
1340 170 Impreza WRX STi Ver.VI
1000 170 Viper GTS

Although I rather puzzled by the lower multiplier for WRX STi, less power for 4WD? And how about Mustang SVT Cobra?

Yeah it could be that the WRX has 4-wheel drive and therefore gets better traction off the starting line and out of tight corners. I know it's certainly possible for a WRX to win these races just like it's possible for a NSX or Viper or RX7 or Supra to win. That's what I always loved about the Regionals, there are sometimes plenty of lead-changes and battling during just 3 laps, instead of 5 cars getting far apart from each other like in GT3.

Last edited:
That's what i always loved about the Regionals, there are sometimes plenty of lead-changes and battling during just 3 laps, instead of 5 cars getting far apart from each other like in GT3.
Isn't GT4 like that too? I wonder if we can make closed race in GT3 or GT4 with special code.......

Isn't GT4 like that too? I wonder if we can make closed race in GT3 or GT4 with special code.......

So far I've found GT4 is unpredictable. Some races have a bit of closeness, whereas others have too much spread. The worst case of this is the Classic Car series in the Pro League. Here we have an AC cobra, a Mercury Cougar, but also a Citroen 2cv!! That's so dumb. Of course the Cit is gonna lose :crazy:

Last edited:
So far i've found GT4 is unpredictable. Some races have a bit of closeness, whereas others have too much spread. The worst case of this is the Classic Car series in the Pro League. Here we have an AC cobra, a Mercury Cougar, but also a Citroen 2cv!! That's so dumb. Of course the Cit is gonna lose :crazy:
The AI opponent in GT4 do not made equal? I see. I don't do many race in GT4 yet, but I think I will hate that.

So far i've found GT4 is unpredictable. Some races have a bit of closeness, whereas others have too much spread. The worst case of this is the Classic Car series in the Pro League. Here we have an AC cobra, a Mercury Cougar, but also a Citroen 2cv!! That's so dumb. Of course the Cit is gonna lose :crazy:

Paradoxically, this increases the challenge in GT4. Try winning a race for 200 A-spec points in the Classic Car League, or even much above 25, and you'll see why.

Paradoxically, this increases the challenge in GT4. Try winning a race for 200 A-spec points in the Classic Car League, or even much above 25, and you'll see why.
Why would a slow opponent mixed up in powerfull opponent lined up increase the challenge? Because we have more problem avoiding slower opponent while we chasing up faster opponent?

By challenge, he means "ability to win A-spec points". (sort of)

A-spec points are all-or-nothing. You get them all for coming first, and get none for coming second. (And, as an aside, get neither A-spec nor B-spec points if you "share driving duties" during an event).

On the other hand, all competitors in a field are used to evaluate the "A-spec value" of that field. So, if you have a field of widely distributed strength, you will get fewer A-spec points for it, even though the one opponent you need to beat (i.e. the strongest AI) may be the same strength as the opponents in an even field.

I.e. to maximize your A-spec points you will need to handicap your car more when the field is uneven.

There's a GT4 thread about this somewhere. Search for "A-spec" in titles in the GT4 forum.

A-spec points are all-or-nothing. You get them all for coming first, and get none for coming second. (And, as an aside, get neither A-spec nor B-spec points if you "share driving duties" during an event).

On the other hand, all competitors in a field are used to evaluate the "A-spec value" of that field. So, if you have a field of widely distributed strength, you will get fewer A-spec points for it, even though the one opponent you need to beat (i.e. the strongest AI) may be the same strength as the opponents in an even field.

I.e. to maximize your A-spec points you will need to handicap your car more when the field is uneven.

There's a GT4 thread about this somewhere. Search for "A-spec" in titles in the GT4 forum.

Just a small correction to a very informative post that awnswers the previous question very well about a slow car lowering A spec points.

In GT4 you get B spec points awarded if you share the drive and have not previously picked up the track, skill & battle points for the race in question. You do not get any A spec points if you share the drive or any B spec points if the points have allready been awarded.

Yep, that was exactly what I meant; perhaps I should have emphasized the "for 200 A-spec points" part. Obviously a Fiat 500F instead of a Lotus Elan in a field which also includes an AC Cobra is not going to make a race more challenging in and of itself; it's the fact that the Fiat drags down the A-spec potential below that with the Elan in the field. So you accept fewer A-spec points for the race, or find a slower car to drive.

Or just check out the 200pt A-Spec Races forum.

I see. Thanks, the explanation really easy to understand 👍. Thanks to Uncle Harry and BobK too :).

I guess there should be an effort to make the opponent more equal in GT4 or GT3 then.

So the A.I. must use default suspension, VCD, Brake Balance, and gear box settings, since they use default downforce settings. 💡 Am I right?

The AI opponent in GT4 do not made equal? I see. I don't do many race in GT4 yet, but I think I will hate that.

Relax. The opponents are usually equaled up pretty good...I was just using the Classic race as one example where they're not equaled at all...but so far that's the worst case I've found.

But usually the AI is somewhat equal. Like in the races I did last nite (I think I was doing the Muscle Car Challenge or soemthing)..all the Ai had about 400 hp. That's usually the case in this game...they'll be within about 20 hp of one another. So the main thing that seperates them further is probably weight and drivetrain layout.

This makes for a great race if the fastest car is sitting in 4th or 5th place at the beginning; it means both you and him (and maybe another faster one) will be fighting towards the front. But if the fastest car in the race is sitting on pole position or 2nd place (say, a Shelby Series 1 or Callaway Corvette), sometimes what will happen is that fastest car will get a bit ahead of everyone and you'll have to give yourself a bit more power to catch him...which in my opinion ain't a bad thing. Like I said GT4 is a bit more unpredictable than GT3. Sometimes the "fastest" car steals the show...but other times he won't necessarily win. Or he'll screw up a few corners and be passed by a slower Ai car. I've seen it happen several times now.

so in many races it all depends on who's in the race and where they are positioned at the start--the Ai just can't make it to 1st place immediately if they're sitting in 4th or 5th, know what I mean?

So the A.I. must use default suspension, VCD, Brake Balance, and gear box settings, since they use default downforce settings. Am I right?

That would be my guess. You can tell, for instance the Ai with racing parts are using stock camber of 1 degree up front...because I can see (on an Oreca Viper in GT4, for instance) that there is hardly any front camber.

Last edited:
Relax. The opponents are usually equaled up pretty good...i was just using the Classic race as one example where they're not equaled at all...but so far that's the worst case i've found.
I see, that's good then 👍 :). I will try to find out if we can race against AI car who drive our car in GT4.

I see, that's good then 👍 :). I will try to find out if we can race against AI car who drive our car in GT4.

That would be interesting. I almost wanna pay you or give you a beer for your research :cheers: if you can figure GT4 out. Someday when I have time I wanna use your research here (in GT2) to put on my site specifically what the Ai cars have so far as power & tires & suspension go, even tho I'm not actively playing GT2 anymore. :(

Last edited:
That would be interesting. I almost wanna pay you or give you a beer for your research :cheers: if you can figure GT4 out. Someday when i have time i wanna use your research here (in GT2) to put on my site specifically what the Ai cars have so far as power & tires & suspension go, even tho i'm not actively playing GT2 anymore. :(
:lol: :cheers:. and 👍 :).

gt2evovha1.png

Tuned-turbo race 3

someone know the HP and tires that use that *annoying* evoV ?

thx

Dix
gt2evovha1.png

Tuned-turbo race 3

someone know the HP and tires that use that *annoying* evoV ?

thx
Tuned turbo no 1, deep forest
2110 170 Toyota Altezza 280T
2220 170 Nismo 270R
1000 170 Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R
2360 170 Tommykaira M30 (GTS) '87
2140 170 Mazdaspeed RX-7 GT-C '99
1430 170 Mine's Lancer Evolution V

All AI use soft tire, but that Mine Evo is not normal:
"Stock" Mine's Lancer Evolution V hp = 413hp, + Stage 1 turbo = 518, AI car hp = 413hp X 1.430 = 590.59hp

What about the Midget Race?

Are "normal" tires always used in the Manufacturer's races, or do I correctly remember they match your tires?

What about the Midget Race?

Are "normal" tires always used in the Manufacturer's races, or do I correctly remember they match your tires?
On normal style it can be normal or sports tires. Midget race AI use normal tire. It turn out that they still use normal tire even when we enter the race with super soft tire.

590.59hp[/b]

many thanks^_^

more power the enemy more satisfation to beat it:)

I found 2 weak points: the first corner, and the the straightway. Keep this in mind If someone manage to surpass that monster using a car with less power and traction

on the rest of the track he rule supreme

Yes, we can. Although it's not the exact weight. Rather the multiplier of the car's stock weight.

Edit: ^wrong, weight is actual weight in kilograms.

Yeah that Mine's Evo V is KILLER,but I beat it once with a fully tuned FC RX7 infini III. Nothing to boast about, I'm sure you guys here can do that too. But man, it was an excruciatingly intense race(at that time I'm under pressure to maintain my 100% win percentage).

Back