Titanfall 2

• Thread starter boomee
  • 66 comments
Just got this game from the PSN sale and played single player for about an hour. Pretty bad ass.. đź‘Ť
It gets better.

a LOT better :cheers:

Prime Legion is bae. Club to death with Predator Cannon FTW :lol:

I love how he uses the Power Shot at the end of that execution :D

Northstar's execution looks amazing.

It's badass. With the way she's ripping the arms off, it's a proper Mortal Kombat-esque "Finish Him!!" execution :eek::eek:

Set a new personal best on the Gauntlet yesterday, annoyed that I didn't hit 50kph at any point in the run but I didn't make any big mistakes that cost me time. I've probably had thousands of attempts at this point. :lol:

EDIT: Improved to a 26.4 with one little mistake.

Last edited:
Northstar is my end game.

mp_lobby0002wnupg.jpg

wow your Northstar is already at a very high level. Right now I'm stuck at somewhere in G2 because I got tired of not being able to do anything at close range. Tried using Ion just last month and she's pretty amazing. I like her versatility.

wow your Northstar is already at a very high level. Right now I'm stuck at somewhere in G2 because I got tired of not being able to do anything at close range. Tried using Ion just last month and she's pretty amazing. I like her versatility.
I started using her like a week ago but I'm relishing her offensive capabilities. I don't think I can get bored of sniping Pilots from across the map or chipping away health from an enemy Titan until I can get in close range for an execution (which is amazing).

I haven't tried Ion yet, see a lot of people using her though. May give it a go someday.

I started using her like a week ago but I'm relishing her offensive capabilities. I don't think I can get bored of sniping Pilots from across the map or chipping away health from an enemy Titan until I can get in close range for an execution (which is amazing).

I haven't tried Ion yet, see a lot of people using her though. May give it a go someday.

Where are you playing BTW? PC?

Yeah that's what I like about Northstar. I play on PS4, not quite good at picking off pilots but I love it when I make enemy Titans retreat after I shoot them with a fully-charged plasma railgun. I do wish the railgun would charge a bit more faster because Ion is overall a better sniper thanks to its Laser Shot ability. Yeah the Laser Shot does have limited range, but it's still quite far. Plus it's a hitscan weapon, compared to the Plasma Railgun which is a projectile weapon. Not to mention it has much higher DPS if you connect 2 consecutive shots quickly.

Last edited:
Phase Shift, Firestar, Flatline (Extra Ammo, Tactikill, HCOG), Archer/MGL (map dependant, Extra Ammo, Speedloader on both), Ordinance Expert, Low Profile

Titanfall 2's latest DLC is due next week. It adds a new map, Live Fire level, and Marked for Death mode.

RdHVy44.gif

Last edited:
I haven't been put into Drydock map for about a week. Is it only me having this problem?

Last edited:
Drydock is out of rotation in Attrition for the time being. There is an issue that causes crashing with the map loader in that mode only. Respawn is working on a fix that hopefully will be out soon.

Shame cause it's one of the best maps. Still comes up in LTS and PVP though đź‘Ť

Drydock is out of rotation in Attrition for the time being. There is an issue that causes crashing with the map loader in that mode only. Respawn is working on a fix that hopefully will be out soon.

Shame cause it's one of the best maps. Still comes up in LTS and PVP though đź‘Ť
So I've gathered. Yes, it's one of the best launch maps. Hopefully it will be back in rotation soon.

FRONTIER NEWS NETWORK 05.23.2017 – MONARCH’S REIGNS

Banner.jpg

NEW TITAN: MONARCH
Monarch is a mid-range Vanguard-class Titan that can upgrade itself on the battlefield through her unique Upgrade Core. Pilots select a path of upgrades and try to survive long enough to reach her final form.

media-20170522.jpg

image-2.jpg

NEW PRIME TITANS - RONIN AND TONE

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

NEW MAP: RELIC
Set among the old wreck of the IMC carrier IMS Odyssey, Relic is a worksite where Pilots have created clever wall running routes by hanging pieces of the wreckage between buildings. The map consists of the wreck of the Odyssey in the center of the map that splits the two town areas.

Created with frontlines in mind, the gameplay is all about assaulting and controlling the center and engaging in firefights from the great viewpoints of the ship against the varied defensible positions in the Town.

MAP UPDATE: CRASHSITE

We worked on a collision pass for Crashsite, fixing around 100 instances of getting bumped, bonked, stuck or tripped up. During the clean-up, we also wanted to experiment with more mobility options. To that end we’ve added 8 ziplines to get around the map faster and a few more wallrunning locations.
Nessie approved these changes.

NEW EXECUTION:

Now You See Me [Cloak]
– I’d explain this one but let’s wait for the trailer to really show this off.

I noticed a big decrease in Tone users in the pc community since the introduction of Monarch and that's a big plus for me. She's a good support Titan but I'm not cut out for that role. I was kind of hoping it would take me away from using Northstar as my main but it hasn't.

The past few months I learned how to properly grapple and I've never had more fun in a fps. I literally don't even care what my score is anymore (as long as I'm holding my own). To add to the fun I've been running it with Mastiff.

mp_lobby00116pu1a.jpg

mp_lobby0002t7oa9.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed a big decrease in Tone users in the pc community since the introduction of Monarch and that's a big plus for me. She's a good support Titan but I'm not cut out for that role. I was kind of hoping it would take me away from using Northstar as my main but it hasn't.

The past few months I learned how to properly grapple and I've never had more fun in a fps. I literally don't even care what my score is anymore (as long as I'm holding my own). To add to the fun I've been running it with Mastiff.

you are right,... i am a die hard Tone user,.. but trying to get a hang of Monarch,...
after a few hundred hours of Tone use, i am up for something else,..

But i do still love my Tone though :bowdown:

As primarily a Ronin/Legion player, all the Monarchs are falling like so much wheat before the scythe for me.
*Aggressive Sustained Counterfire intensifies*

I've played Monarch a little bit and she seems pretty good, but her playstyle isn't my favorite. Running Arc rounds/Malestrom/Accelerator with Rapid Rearm lets you be pretty aggressive but she takes damage way too easily with no defensive ability. Plus she kinda blows at killing pilots.

@andrea why do you run Threat Optics instead of Viper Thrusters (since you go for nuke instead of turbo) or Improved Payload? Also, drop that MGL, Thunderbolt is life now!

As primarily a Ronin/Legion player, all the Monarchs are falling like so much wheat before the scythe for me.
*Aggressive Sustained Counterfire intensifies*

I've played Monarch a little bit and she seems pretty good, but her playstyle isn't my favorite. Running Arc rounds/Malestrom/Accelerator with Rapid Rearm lets you be pretty aggressive but she takes damage way too easily with no defensive ability. Plus she kinda blows at killing pilots.

@andrea why do you run Threat Optics instead of Viper Thrusters (since you go for nuke instead of turbo) or Improved Payload? Also, drop that MGL, Thunderbolt is life now!
Use Monarch like Northstar and when you upgrade her cores wreak havoc on unsuspecting Titans that are engaged with other Titans. Never head on though, that seems to work for me. Also, do you know if holding down Siphon stuns enemies for a longer period?

Threat Optics helps when dust or smoke kicks up on the battlefield during Attrition. You can see targets right through it. Also, picking off pilots who think they can camp in their hidey holes from opposite ends of the map gives me huge advantage in a try-hard match.

i.e. Homestead with Northstar:
schermafdruk2017-06-021xlv.png

As for Viper Thrusters, I personally don't like to stay in the air for too long because that's how I tend to take most damage from other players. Improved Payload sounds fun but hovering in the air longer is again just putting a marker on your head for your enemies.

Thunderbolt is a bit too slow for my play style, I feel that it disturbs any momentum I have traversing the map. I like using the MGL in the same manner as Softball and it works like a charm against Titans. Some of them even run away, haha...

you are right,... i am a die hard Tone user,.. but trying to get a hang of Monarch,...
after a few hundred hours of Tone use, i am up for something else,..

But i do still love my Tone though :bowdown:
Tone is by far the hardest Titan to eliminate for me so that makes me a happy chappie. ;)

Last edited:
TITANFALL 2 - Frontier News Network 6.22.17 - The War Games
https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16?isLocalized=true

aI2ddgeg.jpg

Hello friends,

Today we are revealing our 6th DLC drop for Titanfall 2 called The War Games and it will be available for free for all platforms on June 27th! We’ll have the trailer for you at launch.

For now, let’s breakdown what you’re getting:
  • Map: War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.

vwCj4aj.jpg

• Live Fire Map: Traffic –A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
sIXFP9g.jpg

• New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
    Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.
  • 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
  • Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
  • New Featured Mode: Free Agents
  • Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
2JCT00B.jpg

We kicked off the week with EA Play where we had a booth where folks could come play some Titanfall 2 and come hang out and chat with Respawn devs. We had a lot to celebrate and talk about! During the weekend we shared that:
  • We're extremely proud of Titanfall 2, and with close to 20 million people having experienced the Titanfall franchise, through either the original Titanfall or with Titanfall 2, we're committed to the franchise and excited by the opportunities ahead of us.
  • Since launch we’ve released 5 content drops, free for all players, and continue to see a vibrant, engaged playerbase with currently over a million active players a month.
  • Titanfall 2 will support Xbox One X. This means 4K resolution for increased fidelity as well as support for dynamic super scaling.
  • We’re not done with DLC yet! Our next update in July will be huge and will include the long-awaited return of a favorite mode from the original Titanfall…
Best game keeps getting better.

TITANFALL 2 - Frontier News Network 6.22.17 - The War Games
https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16?isLocalized=true

Best game keeps getting better.
"with room for snipers to hide in the back fields."

Literally one of the reasons I quit on my first day with the beta and never bought it despite being super hyped for it and playing the first one.

I don't remember what the mode was called but you had to capture a point... the point was in the middle of the valley with zero cover and a bunch of buildings for snipers to hide at the top of said valley. Turned it off and deleted the beta. The fact that they put a bunch of limits on where you can use the Titans (aka the reason I bought the original game in the first place) didn't help.

The original felt like Call of Duty with jetpacks, wall running and giant robots all the time (before COD got most of those). The beta felt more like Battlefield and it seemed a lot harder to get titans in the beta as well.

"with room for snipers to hide in the back fields."

Literally one of the reasons I quit on my first day with the beta and never bought it despite being super hyped for it and playing the first one.

I don't remember what the mode was called but you had to capture a point... the point was in the middle of the valley with zero cover and a bunch of buildings for snipers to hide at the top of said valley. Turned it off and deleted the beta. The fact that they put a bunch of limits on where you can use the Titans (aka the reason I bought the original game in the first place) didn't help.

The original felt like Call of Duty with jetpacks, wall running and giant robots all the time (before COD got most of those). The beta felt more like Battlefield and it seemed a lot harder to get titans in the beta as well.

play some more,.. snipers in this game are like finding diamonds in the desert,...

Back