TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,922 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone bring me up to speed about what is happening with the pre race quali.
 
Can someone bring me up to speed about what is happening with the pre race quali.

Same as before, one quali race, top 4 qualify.
 
It's not complicated, first 6 in the room go in heat 1, second 6 go in heat 2 :)
 
I like the heat idea.
 
Furinkazen
A one lap shootout for the grid for the quali race.

I like this.

The problem with heats like that Spurgy is that you can have a heat with the best drivers in and a heat with the noobs in and then you'll have possibly laggy people in the final rounds.
 
Well that's a good thing no? I mean no really bad drivers are going to get through even with 2 heats, so that just gives average drivers a chance to get in the main races :)
 
I like this.

The problem with heats like that Spurgy is that you can have a heat with the best drivers in and a heat with the noobs in and then you'll have possibly laggy people in the final rounds.

Agreed. With one race you can compare everyone at once.
 
Quali race it is. :)
 
Just one thing here, I have never known a TOCA thread so friendly before a season, really good to have all you guys here, it's going to be a great season 👍
 
Just a suggestion, but would it not be a lot fairer and easier to just do mid-week, steward supervised quali laps in a predetermined format?

I.e. 1 person does a 3 lap race with the last 2 laps counted as quali laps, the steward present then saves the replay and checks the laps.
 
Yeh, but it would be a bit boring, at least with a quali race the people who don't get in have a decent race :)
 
Just a suggestion, but would it not be a lot fairer and easier to just do mid-week, steward supervised quali laps in a predetermined format?

I.e. 1 person does a 3 lap race with the last 2 laps counted as quali laps, the steward present then saves the replay and checks the laps.

Sounds better to me.
 
Tom
Sounds better to me.

Takes too much time. Never been a fan of that format, and also with the system we will be using you get to see how people are driving and connection wise race night.
 
Takes too much time. Never been a fan of that format, and also with the system we will be using you get to see how people are driving and connection wise race night.

Well, then you just have to accept that some people will be at an immediate advantage. :indiff:
 
Well, then you just have to accept that some people will be at an immediate advantage. :indiff:

Ya can't have it all... and besides they will have done a quali lap for the q-race.
 
What are we doing on Nurb24h? A quali lap and a quali race means 20 minutes before anyone can quali for the main race.
 
What are we doing on Nurb24h? A quali lap and a quali race means 20 minutes before anyone can quali for the main race.

Nurb 24H is pretty much a one lap quali shootout for main event as well. I can add a couple extra minutes on though, don't forget it's 1 short race and 1 long race.
 
haitch40
What are we doing on Nurb24h? A quali lap and a quali race means 20 minutes before anyone can quali for the main race.

Or, the room could open earlier, if possible...
 
Or, the room could open earlier, if possible...

I was thinking this, I usually open 5 to 10 minutes early of 7pm anyway. Only thing that may disrupt me is the fact I might be trying to get a saturday job... that finishes at 6pm...
 
Furinkazen
I was thinking this, I usually open 5 to 10 minutes early of 7pm anyway. Only thing that may disrupt me is the fact I might be trying to get a saturday job... that finishes at 6pm...

Ohh, right, work comes first 👍

Nice avatar by the way
 
BTW your preview is wrong.
I won't be around until 24h.
 
BTW your preview is wrong.
I won't be around until 24h.

It was newspaper speculation :sly: Gotcha though 👍
 
Did someone say something about a grid girl calendar.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back