TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,936 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing mechanically, but through Suzuka Smuffy was a slingshot in the slower and twisty corners. Somehow still took 0.6 seconds out of him in sector 1 in a race though with no draft...

Was running wide I a few of the corners that lap.

I think I can qualify for the main event. :)
 
Carbonox has formally left TOCA, leaving 5 qualifying spots open for this weekend.
 
Carbonox has formally left TOCA, leaving 5 qualifying spots open for this weekend.

Is this a tradition? Stewards leaving left, right and center.
 
Does that mean I can be a steward now? :lol:
 
that's only 2 stewards now, so there should be 2 available
 
Seriously, was that really needed?

I haven't complained at all this season...

^You did. Complain about someone saying were complaining :lol:

Just messin' Dax :)
 
Seriously, was that really needed?

I haven't complained at all this season...

On Furi's wall.

BMW too slow.

Really too slow.

That is a moan. :p
 
Dax, any progress on TOCATube?
 
what#s happening with the stewards?
 
I am all the stewards.

ALL of them.
 
what#s happening with the stewards?

None for this weekend but it depends on joe's attendance. If he doesn't show then I will get a couple more stewards.
 
I am too busy in the week, no progress since Sunday. It will be up at the end of next weekend.
Take as long as you need Dax 👍
 
Tonight was good.

I was the only one who didn't have bad understeer going by what everyone said. :)
 
Tonight was good.

I was the only one who didn't have bad understeer going by what everyone said. :)

Your right haitch. Three Volvo's all suffered from understeer this evening and I also suffered from a 4.2 problem of wheel spinning which along with the understeer I managed to sort out.
 
Your right haitch. Three Volvo's all suffered from understeer this evening and I also suffered from a 4.2 problem of wheel spinning which along with the understeer I managed to sort out.

I think that's a good thing to be honest. The Volvo was a bit too quick. 👍
 
Take as long as you need Dax 👍

Thing is, the videos I'm making are a bit better than the old 'throw some clips together to some music' so it takes longer than the old ones.:p
 
If what I hear is true, i.e. that cars are understeering more with 2.09, that should actually help the setup on my Mazda, because on my Suzuka test laps before the update I had a lot of oversteer, would you believe it, mainly in T1, but also in Degner and Spoon.

Maybe 2.09 tuned it out for me. Here's hoping as I'm really bad at tuning...
 
Anyone who has tuning problems just ask me for help.

I can help if needed.
 
Anyone who has tuning problems just ask me for help.

I can help if needed.

That's very generous. I might come back to that. 👍
 
No problem. At the end of the day, this is meant to be a fun competition.

People remember my beastly Mazda tune from back in Season 4... :D
 
From what I've heard, since the online physics have been replaced by the offline physics, I just made a quick test at Suzuka with my Volvo and only could come up with a 2:15.9xx. I'm starting to hate Suzuka all over again.
 
No problem. At the end of the day, this is meant to be a fun competition.

People remember my beastly Mazda tune from back in Season 4... :D

I used that tune for all of last season (changed it slightly only for Suzuka East), and currently plan on using it for all of this season too. :)
 
I used that tune for all of last season (changed it slightly only for Suzuka East), and currently plan on using it for all of this season too. :)

Then you will suck.
Sorry but 2.09 changed so much that the old setups won't work.
 
Last edited:
Online physics replaced with offline physics? But online physics were so much better...

Will make tuning easier but this game just took another step towards being an arcade game than a sim.
 
Just did a test run on Suzuka and the 2.09 update magically cured my extreme oversteer. Much more manageable car resulted in a 14.6 after just 2 flying laps and there's more time to gain there. I don't know, if I can find a sub-14 though.
 
Online physics replaced with offline physics? But online physics were so much better...

Will make tuning easier but this game just took another step towards being an arcade game than a sim.

:odd:

Oflline physics were way better. Sharper and modeled the road surface better.

And no, they've replaced both with a slightly different model.
 
:odd:

Oflline physics were way better. Sharper and modeled the road surface better.

And no, they've replaced both with a slightly different model.

Apparently low-grip has got even more awesome, and realistic, but high-grip(like this series) has got even more stupid. Haven't had a go at GT5 since the update so only going by what I've heard, but NASCAR and the classics will be awesome on crappy tyres and more realistic. Apparently it's easier to drive the supercars on comfort tyres now.

Btw I'm done with this series furi.
 
Akmuq
Apparently low-grip has got even more awesome, and realistic, but high-grip(like this series) has got even more stupid. Haven't had a go at GT5 since the update so only going by what I've heard, but NASCAR and the classics will be awesome on crappy tyres and more realistic. Apparently it's easier to drive the supercars on comfort tyres now.

Btw I'm done with this series furi.

Shame to hear you go akmuq.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back