Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Palleraa
  • 330 comments
The Spec III Blu-Ray edition was announced for the Japanese market.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111376

But for everyone: let's tone down the rhetoric a bit here. Keep the conversation civil.

AHH, there we go. See, I did not read/see the other thread. Making this the first place I've seen SpecIII being on a disc.

I don't see why it can't be done on a few downloads though.

I don't see why it can't be done on a few downloads though.

It can be, and has been done, we are playing Spec III now since October 3rd. All they are saying is the Japanese versions from October 30 will have (upto) October 3rd updates on it which is Spec III.

There is one criticism I have with Sony and PD which nobody can argue with. I purchased my PS3 in April together with GT5 Prologue and despite numerous firmware updates on the PS3 and game updates on GT5P I still have to switch my 360 on to talk to my friends.

You have a point, but I suspect it’s no firmware/software issue. This kind of feature will come.

picture.php

So far I have seen numerous superficial updates on both the PS3 and Prologue but none of them actually improve the gameplay whatsoever.
:confused:

You have a point, but I suspect it’s no firmware/software issue. This kind of feature will come.

picture.php

:confused:

Now THAT headset actually looks cool... all the others except the overpriced Logitech one look crap at the moment!

we can speculate that maybe an update will come on 31th october (because all of updates are on friday), the Spec III update was on 3rd october, why wait until 30th october for the release of japanese Spec III Blue-ray copy if the Spec III update was on 3rd october?

We have to wait and for now let's enjoy the Spec III update.:cheers:

Last edited:
Don't do that you might wake them all up - they are theres no other excuse for the slooooow development of this game.

Programing doesn't take as long as many people think. Don't get me wrong, am no geek at all, but I could make better A.I than whats in GT5p in 1 week. Am not saying im better than PD coz am no wear near as good, but PD could put more time into A.I.

Well, there's programming to get something working and programming to get something working properly. I'm sure it's not as easy as you may think!

The whole problem with AI is (and always has been) the better you make it, the more it slows down the system, since improvements can only be made by creating exponentially more complex decision making algorithms.

I think pretty much all video games 'fudge' it somehow by sticking their bots on some kind of rails and then including some simple - "if path is blocked then go somewhere else" logic in there.

Sure PD could improve this in the space of a couple of weeks but getting the PS3 to put 15 of them on screen and refresh more than a frame an hour would be nigh on impossible.

I think pretty much all video games 'fudge' it somehow by sticking their bots on some kind of rails and then including some simple - "if path is blocked then go somewhere else" logic in there.
You are correct. Even modern FPS shooters use bot paths to tell the AI where it can and cannot go and where it can jump and climb a ladder or activate a switch. The AI itself just follows the paths and makes decisions based on what it finds on its path. :)

The whole problem with AI is (and always has been) the better you make it, the more it slows down the system, since improvements can only be made by creating exponentially more complex decision making algorithms.

Sure PD could improve this in the space of a couple of weeks but getting the PS3 to put 15 of them on screen and refresh more than a frame an hour would be nigh on impossible.

Yep, it's all about the smoke and mirrors - if it gives a suitable impression and runs efficiently, then great.

I remember a guest lecture from a chap at Codemasters giving a talk about AI. He said that advanced AI is possible, it's just so processor intensive it's not suitable for games in real-time. Where are those quantum computers when you need them? :D

The Spec III Blu-Ray edition was announced for the Japanese market.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111376

But for everyone: let's tone down the rhetoric a bit here. Keep the conversation civil.

+1 There is no need for the complaints, and arguments because they aren't going to change anything, except make a large part of the GTP community look like selfish kids who want nothing more than instant gratification.

Luke

Instant gratification? your having a laugh no?

I'm another one of these 'whingers' who cry out for private rooms not because I want instant appeasement it's because I think this game needs it and will keep it alive for the masses and forums like this one, Pure GT and TeamHD and the others will explode with interest, can you not see that.

Private rooms were promised just after it was released, I think they said something along the lines of online Teams and clans instead we get Pay TV, are you satisfied?

If there is a delay in implementing this and a valid reason I will be the first to say fair enough but they don't tell their worthless beta testers anything only when it suits them.

PD should learn off companies like EA, they have a forum with devs on and for all formats, what are PD so frightened of?

In this day and age you have to shout untill you are blue in the face to get things done and if we stopped whinging how would they know?

If we have to wait untill home comes out great but tell us, if you can't do it tell us it isn't rocket science, I can't program but I can write a message PD, see it isn't that hard is it?

Finally before I get shot done by all these fan boys, I like this game a lot, I used to love it but I find myself liking it less and less because of the state of the online play, ie rammers. But all they have to is put on private rooms and I will be hooked as will a lot of others, no?

Question: does shouting until blue in the face help matters? We don't know but it appears to be a waste of our time and effort. PD will implement the much-needed private rooms and other features as soon as they can and are without a doubt working on it. Shouting and whining doesn't appear to be speeding up the process, or helping.

The only thing that would help alleviate the wait (this need-to-know) is a bit of news / feedback on progress but PD are not obliged to do so just because other devs do.

Last edited:
Wake me up in about a year and a half...maybe something worthwhile included to make me come back to GT.

Longtime fan...dissapointed.:indiff:

The only thing that would help allievate the wait (this need-to-know) is a bit of news / feedback on progress but PD are not obliged to do so just because other devs do.

whether they have the right to remain silent or not doesn't change the facts - it's more annoying for a lot of people to have to wait with no news that to have to wait with.

Personally I wish they'd hurry up but I'm done complaining.

Instant gratification? your having a laugh no?

I'm another one of these 'whingers' who cry out for private rooms not because I want instant appeasement it's because I think this game needs it and will keep it alive for the masses and forums like this one, Pure GT and TeamHD and the others will explode with interest, can you not see that.

Private rooms were promised just after it was released, I think they said something along the lines of online Teams and clans instead we get Pay TV, are you satisfied?

If there is a delay in implementing this and a valid reason I will be the first to say fair enough but they don't tell their worthless beta testers anything only when it suits them.

PD should learn off companies like EA, they have a forum with devs on and for all formats, what are PD so frightened of?

In this day and age you have to shout untill you are blue in the face to get things done and if we stopped whinging how would they know?

If we have to wait untill home comes out great but tell us, if you can't do it tell us it isn't rocket science, I can't program but I can write a message PD, see it isn't that hard is it?

Finally before I get shot done by all these fan boys, I like this game a lot, I used to love it but I find myself liking it less and less because of the state of the online play, ie rammers. But all they have to is put on private rooms and I will be hooked as will a lot of others, no?

Private Rooms were not promised straight after it was released actually. That list of Lobbies, Online Teams and Clans that was the list Kaz was hoping for GT HD but they ditched that Project. So you should do some reasearch first.

PD are a unique company that dont copy from other companys Such as EA. IMO They are the worst company distributers because ever so often they just release a game for the sake of it which becomes a fail. Ever so often one thing good pops up but how can you relate Gran Turismo to EA Racing games such as Need For Speed? You really cant so that's not particulary a vailid reason to complain yet again. If your going to call GTP Memebers Fanboys i suggest you leave the forums. Constructive Critism is welcome here not complaining. PD Know fully well what they are doing. I've reported you for the comment since I beleive that's just full on complaining and calliing other members *Fan Boys*

In his defense, there are a lot of fanboys on here that wouldnt mind waiting years and years for a game to be released -when the prologue insinuates that it is almost done-. And because of PD's lack of PR (blog/board/forum/.plan updates etc) the GTP site has become a major outlet for anything Gran Turismo related. If PD bothered with that, alot of the complaining would be directed on their turf, and GTP would be spared a bit of that.

I'm calling people like you fanboys because that is exactly what you are, you can't see the wood for the trees. If you get offended by being called a fanboy m8 it sounds like you don't get out much.

As for reseach you try doing some as something was promised in the Aug 1st update. I wish you look up the word complain m8 cause it sounds like you haven't quite grasped it yet. I said PD should copy EA, (that is not a complaint but a suggestion, jeez) EA I agree like to turn out games on a regular basis and I know for a fact that people pointing out bugs and critism get a patch made not an update but a patch, that is a game fix to you.

EA also do regular updates, I'm talking FiFa and whilst they are not my favourite software company, guess what? They have a lobby system so I meant PD should copy that no? Or don't you want private rooms?

I will repeat private rooms is constructive critism , and how the hell do you know PD know what they are doing, as we have no feedback we can't tell, I should report you for lying, LOL

It was suggested in this thread that perhaps PD do not know how to deliver private rooms or a lobby system, Perhaps they should get some help help after all.

All that said I still like GT5p but if you cannot see how the game will be transformed then perhaps you lack imagination. I was involved in a game mod for over 10 years and it was the lobby system that kept it alive, it is still going and that game mod has dated graphics, people are walking away from GT5p now so i for one think GT5p is worth shouting about don't you?

Oh a word of advice m8 if you don't think software companies copy from each other you should get out more and fast, lol.

Crowsy, I think you need to calm down mate. I don't agree with Marky's tone of response but he's hit a nerve with you. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire so here is how I see it.

PD said there should be a big 'fall' update. That doesn't mean August 1st. I don't recall specific dates so I'd like to see some evidence if you still believe that is the case. It's still Autumn and there is still time. PD also said in an interview dated back to about May or June that lobbies and perhaps damage should make the big fall update but they also said it could be delayed. I'm sure they're working hard on it.

I don't think the technicalities of implementing lobbies is a challenge for PD. Just look at what they are capable of... the game as it is is a technical showcase for the PS3 imo. A basic lobby system isn't a programming challenge. How they wish to implement it and with what other features may take time. Perhaps they're working on more than just private lobbies for the entire online package but who knows? I still suspect Home integration to be the reason for the delay. They are not going to implement their own lobbies / matchmaking system then redo it all for Home integration. Let's assume Home is the reason that we don't have improved online features as yet in Prologue - seems logical. We'll just have to patiently wait some more.

But seriously, that's the WHOLE POINT. PD/Yamauchisan/Sony keep promising things and they DON'T DELIVER.

PERIOD.

Look at interviews from KY back in 2005 and see what he (and Sony) promised for GT5.

I'm hard pressed to believe anything that comes from them.

I am not going to argue with you. I'll let the Mod deal with it. But with your tone of appeal towards it it's not very favoured on the Forums here and if you just want to complain about the reason there is no Private Rooms so be it but your complaining is not going to help the PD directly at all. Your claiming your giving constructive critism yet your pointing out all these things wrong with it. If PD look at these Forums they know very well what needs to be done and what needs to be added. But calling GTP Members Fan Boys yet again will not get you favoured and directly attacking me in the process.

But seriously, that's the WHOLE POINT. PD/Yamauchisan/Sony keep promising things and they DON'T DELIVER.

PERIOD.

Look at interviews from KY back in 2005 and see what he (and Sony) promised for GT5.

:lol:

I am not going to argue with you. I'll let the Mod deal with it. But with your tone of appeal towards it it's not very favoured on the Forums here and if you just want to complain about the reason there is no Private Rooms so be it but your complaining is not going to help the PD directly at all. Your claiming your giving constructive critism yet your pointing out all these things wrong with it. If PD look at these Forums they know very well what needs to be done and what needs to be added. But calling GTP Members Fan Boys yet again will not get you favoured and directly attacking me in the process.

:lol::cheers::bowdown:

touche , are you a lawyer ? LOL

Wake me up in about a year and a half...maybe something worthwhile included to make me come back to GT.

Longtime fan...dissapointed.:indiff:

Obviously the longtime fan doesn't know yet that KY only releases the best. Nothing "slightly good" but perfect. Perfection doesn't come quickly. He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms, not to mention maybe new tracks and cars. But if you were in charge, wouldn't you want the best to please your fans? Or would you want to throw out half-arsed work that you worked so hard for, then gave up under pressure of the so called"Fan Boys". So when the best update arrives, I certainly won't wake you up from your hibernation to tell you.

And to say"maybe something worthwhile included"? If I was KY and seeing that this is the number 1 spot to look for support and maybe ideas, I would've maybe second guessed releasing GT5:P at all. IMO, KY isn't a guy to be taking advantage of, so if you don't like it, then leave. Sure not going to help him in the support us REAL fan boys give. But then again, 3 new cars come out and you just want more and say it's not worthwhile. Pathetic.

Have a good one.:grumpy:

Obviously the longtime fan doesn't know yet that KY only releases the best. Nothing "slightly good" but perfect. Perfection doesn't come quickly. He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms, not to mention maybe new tracks and cars. But if you were in charge, wouldn't you want the best to please your fans? Or would you want to throw out half-arsed work that you worked so hard for, then gave up under pressure of the so called"Fan Boys". So when the best update arrives, I certainly won't wake you up from your hibernation to tell you.

And to say"maybe something worthwhile included"? If I was KY and seeing that this is the number 1 spot to look for support and maybe ideas, I would've maybe second guessed releasing GT5:P at all. IMO, KY isn't a guy to be taking advantage of, so if you don't like it, then leave. Sure not going to help him in the support us REAL fan boys give. But then again, 3 new cars come out and you just want more and say it's not worthwhile. Pathetic.

Have a good one.:grumpy:

Amen to that! 👍

If PD didn't make such fantastic products, then why would all of us be chomping at the bit to get the latest info, screens, videos, updates, etc. all of the time? Well, they do come out with fantastic products, and I think sometimes people are forgetting what the word "Prologue" really means.

On top of that, I'm glad they've updated it several times, and I'm even happier that they did release it here in the US because I know there was speculation for awhile that the US might not even get it. But you know what, PD earned my money twice (Japanese and US version), because I feel its deserved. I'm sure I'm not alone on that either.

Sure I want private rooms just as much as anyone else, but I haven't even had time to play the game much lately because of my college stuff and my job. Therefore, I will continue to wait patiently, do my work like a good student, and then leave my social life after private rooms are released...:sly:

PERIOD.

Hey, as you are swimming on your lust for all those things, you just forgot there's no such thing like GT5 now. We have developers demo with 70 cars and 6 tracks called Prologue and we can taste the game progression through updates, nothing more!

Hey, as you are swimming on your lust for all those things, you just forgot there's no such thing like GT5 now. We have developers demo with 70 cars and 6 tracks called Prologue and we can taste the game progression through updates, nothing more!

Yes and that all for free...Oh wait...*beep* OMG we paid for the developers Demo 40 Euro. Maybe the community learns from that disastrous information politics and will remember this for future games from PD. It's not wrong to criticize a company when you paid for the product they released. And btw at the package from GT5P you can't read things like "Warning: This is a developers Demo only!" but: "Races for up to 16 Players - Race your Friends Online - more than 60 Dreamcars, 6 breathtaking tracks, Ultra High Realistic Racing with unbelievable HD-Grafix, brandnew Driving Physics and advanced AI. Including Gran Turismo TV".

I'm calling people like you fanboys because that is exactly what you are, you can't see the wood for the trees. If you get offended by being called a fanboy m8 it sounds like you don't get out much.

As for reseach you try doing some as something was promised in the Aug 1st update. I wish you look up the word complain m8 cause it sounds like you haven't quite grasped it yet. I said PD should copy EA, (that is not a complaint but a suggestion, jeez) EA I agree like to turn out games on a regular basis and I know for a fact that people pointing out bugs and critism get a patch made not an update but a patch, that is a game fix to you.

EA also do regular updates, I'm talking FiFa and whilst they are not my favourite software company, guess what? They have a lobby system so I meant PD should copy that no? Or don't you want private rooms?

I will repeat private rooms is constructive critism , and how the hell do you know PD know what they are doing, as we have no feedback we can't tell, I should report you for lying, LOL

It was suggested in this thread that perhaps PD do not know how to deliver private rooms or a lobby system, Perhaps they should get some help help after all.

All that said I still like GT5p but if you cannot see how the game will be transformed then perhaps you lack imagination. I was involved in a game mod for over 10 years and it was the lobby system that kept it alive, it is still going and that game mod has dated graphics, people are walking away from GT5p now so i for one think GT5p is worth shouting about don't you?

Oh a word of advice m8 if you don't think software companies copy from each other you should get out more and fast, lol.

I'd like to illustrate for you how this post should have read:

I said PD should copy EA. That is not a complaint but a suggestion. EA I agree like to turn out games on a regular basis and I know for a fact that people pointing out bugs and critism get a patch made - not an update but a patch.

EA also do regular updates - I'm talking FiFa - and whilst they are not my favourite software company, guess what? They have a lobby system. I meant PD should copy that no?

I will repeat private rooms is constructive critism , and how the hell do you know PD know what they are doing, as we have no feedback we can't tell. It was suggested in this thread that perhaps PD do not know how to deliver private rooms or a lobby system, Perhaps they should get some help after all.

All that said I still like GT5p. I was involved in a game mod for over 10 years and it was the lobby system that kept it alive, it is still going and that game mod has dated graphics. People are walking away from GT5p now, so I for one think GT5p is worth shouting about don't you?

This gets the point across without having to verbally attack anybody. Isn't that much better than:

As for reseach you try doing some as something was promised in the Aug 1st update. I wish you look up the word complain m8 cause it sounds like you haven't quite grasped it yet.

I should report you for lying, LOL

If you cannot see how the game will be transformed then perhaps you lack imagination

All of this filler completely fails to enhance your post, while serving to do nothing but annoy the person to whom it is addressed.

As for the last line - don't you think staying in more and playing more games would help enhance the notion that software companies copy from each other?

Two snippets of completely free advice for you. Play the ball, not the man - this deliberately inflammatory behaviour is unacceptable. Drop the text speak "m8"s - you agreed to use whole words and not slang abbreviations when you signed up to this site.

Obviously the longtime fan doesn't know yet that KY only releases the best. Nothing "slightly good" but perfect.

Not trying to put any noses out of joint but I've heard this claim so many times and it strikes me as more ludicrous every time I hear it.

The fact is that prologue (which KY/PD have released) is so far from perfect your couldn't see perfect if you plugged the Hubble telescope into it and dialled it up to full zoom.

Really - the 'perfect' claim strikes me as a cop-out. Case in point - online mode. Far from being 'perfect' it's actually about as poor as you could make it without spending millions of dollars in research and focus testing into how you design a really bad online experience. 5mins looking at how everyone else on the face of the planet does it would have shown them what was required but, apparently they just guessed how you do online games and then farted something out during their lunchbreak.

Then there's the penalty system. How many times have they changed it now? Admittedly it gets a bit better every time but it's still a mile off 'perfect' and, at the time prologue was released, was even further from the ideal.

The steering wheel bug? They actually rolled out a patch that created a bug, and not just on a tiny percentage of setups either. This gaffe is utterly inexcusable and, as far as I'm concerned, removes KY's permission to ever use the 'P' word again. Yes I know Prologue is only a prologue but it's a PD release and it aint perfect, by a long shot.

Even the previous full releases of GT suffered from bugs, glitches and one of the most appallingly poorly thought out user interfaces I've had the misfortune to encounter. Don't get me wrong I love the games, warts and all but there is very little software, if any, on the face of the planet that qualifies as perfect and a hell of a lot that's closer than PD's efforts.

^...lol:lol: Famine is laying the law, a quick question Famine...I hate to point this out, but are you not condoning the use of such terminology that you have just classed as
unacceptable
?:odd: Have you forgotten that in your sig you have quoted Duke's post that is text far inferior to what you have just deemed unacceptable?:odd:
I have seen some use of common Net Acronym's on GTP, this does not bother me, I understand that this however is no the opinion shared by all net user's, although the greatest percentage of member's on GTP would understand the common terms that are used here on a regular basis.
I do believe there has to be a line drawn here, I personally think the use of common Net Acronym such as lol, brb, rofl, idk, etc, etcetera are ok as most people understand these basic terms.
I say it would be somewhat hard to completely extinguish the use of these phrases and would suggest an alternative such as a list of "Acceptable Net Acronymn's (Text Speak)", this is something that could be discussed and then posted as GTP news so that everyone is aware of what is genuinely acceptable and what is not.👍 On this note I would be willing to back up my idea by assisting in this proposal of acceptable GTP terminology.
on topic, I'm happy to see some more positive news regarding the possible inclusion of Private Race Rooms into GT5P in the form of 'Home'. I do hope that this develope's into something that will expand the Online experience had by Prologue player's, I have been wating for Race Rooms ever since I first heard about the possible implementation of such an online feature. I will be waiting(patiently:D) to see what comes of 'Home'.
Peace,;)
Rusty*

Last edited:
Back