Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Palleraa
  • 330 comments
^...lol:lol: Famine is laying the law, a quick question Famine...I hate to point this out, but are you not condoning the use of such terminology that you have just classed as ?:odd: Have you forgotten that in your sig you have quoted Duke's post that is text far inferior to what you have just deemed unacceptable?:odd:

Why would I forget? Go and look at the origins behind Duke's post.

I have seen some use of common Net Acronym's on GTP, this does not bother me, I understand that this however is no the opinion shared by all net user's, although the greatest percentage of member's on GTP would understand the common terms that are used here on a regular basis.
I do believe there has to be a line drawn here, I personally think the use of common Net Acronym such as lol, brb, rofl, idk, etc, etcetera are ok as most people understand these basic terms.
I say it would be somewhat hard to completely extinguish the use of these phrases and would suggest an alternative such as a list of "Acceptable Net Acronymn's (Text Speak)", this is something that could be discussed and then posted as GTP news so that everyone is aware of what is genuinely acceptable and what is not.👍 On this note I would be willing to back up my idea by assisting in this proposal of acceptable GTP terminology.

The line has already been drawn. The Acceptable Use Policy is linked at the bottom of every thread on this site, and that particular phrase has been in it since the site was first created.

My contribution to this thread is a friendly reminder of what is encouraged and what is discouraged at this site. I should not need to make any further posts regarding this.

Ok no worry's mate, however if you want to have your sig quoted with such things as 'w8' in it without clearly outlining the words 'this is what not to do' or show in some form that you do not agree with the use of such terms, people that do not understand the text origins are likely to think you agree with text speak, shorthand terms such as w8.
Rusty*

Last edited:
Only if irony is, to them, a slightly less precious version of goldy and silvery.

Thank you Famine lol Rusty Laying down the law :P

Back to the topic on hand:

Seems as though there has been no news currently i'm tracking some sites for more news and updates i'll post some more when i find some :)

LOL this thread is funny to read. For starters you all jumped on Crowsy for saying "before the fan boys have a go at me" he didnt call anybody a fan boy at all, so maybe all the people that found that post offecnsive are "fan boys" you decide.

And as far as PD are concerned, they stated they had 30 people working on GTTV. and WHY? so we can all pay to watch something we can watch on youtube or BBCi player for free.
They say they are working hard to get GT5 released but then we get this stupid ugly 🤬 Concept, witch they then tell us they have desighned. Yeah cheers PD i realy wanted to drive this piece of 🤬.

And as for reporting people to the moderators for stating they are abusive, "GROW UP" your like a little kid in the playground. Their wasnt any thing abusive at all in the comments made, its called freedom of speach and its a human right to state your own opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as for reporting people to the moderators for stating they are abusive, "GROW UP" your like a little kid in the playground. Their wasnt any thing abusive at all in the comments made, its called freedom of speach and its a human right to state your own opinions.

GTPlanet.net is a private website and you are afforded exactly the freedom of speech on it that its owner wishes you to have.

That freedom does not extend to insulting other members. My call, as a representative of the site owner, was that the message was sufficiently insulting to require a public intervention, but not to require direct sanctions.

The AUP is linked at the bottom of every thread on this site and there is no excuse to be unfamiliar with it to the point of breaking it.

They say they are working hard to get GT5 released but then we get this stupid ugly 🤬 Concept, witch they then tell us they have desighned. Yeah cheers PD i realy wanted to drive this piece of 🤬

And if there's any more of this, you won't get another public warning.

I'm not exactly sure what it is about this thread which is generating such a bad attitude in some of our membership, but it had better not continue.

Last edited:
Cerberus, I appreciate you've joined GT Planet to back up your friend and team mate Crowsy but his reply was terrible. The edited version provided by the moderator makes this obvious.

It's amazing the amount of rubbish getting posted on the Official Playstation Forums and what people get away with and - this place is quite different, gladly.

LOL your gonna ban me for putting &^$% haha, their was nothing insulting about what Crowsy said AT ALL. And its very typical of (now how did crowsy say it? oh yeah) Fan boys to fined this insulting, truth hurts and all that. If some of GTP are blind to the fact that PD dont seem to realy be interested in getting this game out and would rather desighne concepts for rubbish car manufacturers.

People do have a "right" to their opinion and banning people or telling them off for their opinion makes them as bad as the NAZI's.

All i can say is that the "moderators" and i do use the term loosly, are just on a power trip (probably bullied at school).

This will probably be my last post on the forum as the Nazi's will ban me for my opinions.

So be it.

LOL your gonna ban me for putting &^$% haha

Quote me. Otherwise get the chip off your shoulder.

their was nothing insulting about what Crowsy said AT ALL

Yes there was. Just because you're on the same "side" of some fantasy debate as he is doesn't make his words less insulting.

Can you honestly not see a difference in tone between what he posted and my edit of it? Really?

And its very typical of (now how did crowsy say it? oh yeah) Fan boys to fined this insulting, truth hurts and all that. If some of GTP are blind to the fact that PD dont seem to realy be interested in getting this game out and would rather desighne concepts for rubbish car manufacturers.

People do have a "right" to their opinion and banning people or telling them off for their opinion makes them as bad as the NAZI's.

No-one has been censured for having an opinion, whatever that opinion is. Personally I don't really care either way. But we do have rules here.

An analogy for you. You go round someone's house. They have "No Smoking" signs everywhere and, when you pass the threshold, they ask that you respect their decision not to smoke in their house. If you light up a 2 foot Cuban and blow smoke in their face and they throw you out, are they Nazis, or are you behaving like an arrogant boor?

If you break our rules that you agree to when you sign up and that are linked to from every page and get censured for it, that doesn't make us Nazis...

All i can say is that the "moderators" and i do use the term loosly, are just on a power trip (probably bullied at school).

Why is it relevant? You signed up here and agreed to the rules. They're linked to from the bottom of every thread on this site. If you don't agree with them, you're under no compulsion to post. I do, and I've been asked to ensure that people follow them.

This will probably be my last post on the forum as the Nazi's will ban me for my opinions.

No-one has been censured for having an opinion. Still.

Drop the attitude, the persecution complex and the chip.

Last edited:
I thought a forum was a place where you could go to discuss things, even if your veiw differs from that of others.
Well i accept that you have to stick to the rules on your forum, i may of been harsh in my words. But its just a shame you dont show the same strictness for the people that wear the GTP tags on gt5p isnt it.
If i drove as badly and as idioticaly as some GTP members i would have my tag removed from me straight away.

Seems strange that you enforce the rules in the forum but not on the track.

I would like to know what you found offencive about Crows post, please i would love to know what was offencive and to whom.

I thought a forum was a place where you could go to discuss things, even if your veiw differs from that of others.

Yeeeeeees...

Well i accept that you have to stick to the rules on your forum, i may of been harsh in my words.

"May"?

I'd like you to find me another forum where you can compare their moderators to a genocidal regime responsible for millions of deaths and not be banned...

But its just a shame you dont show the same strictness for the people that wear the GTP tags on gt5p isnt it.
If i drove as badly and as idioticaly as some GTP members i would have my tag removed from me straight away.

Seems strange that you enforce the rules in the forum but not on the track.

We have a complaints procedure for GTP tagged members. You can find it in the GT5 Prologue Race Events forum.

Bear in mind that we are in no position to control what people put in their PSN screen-name - we can only admit or block them from official GTP_Registry events and, when private rooms arrive, certain online races. Just because someone has a GTP tag doesn't mean they are in any way associated with us.

I would like to know what you found offencive about Crows post, please i would love to know what was offencive and to whom.

My response to that post entirely summed up our position on it.

Okay, you made me laugh. That's unfair.

Now let's return to a semblence of topic, please.

LOL this thread is funny to read. For starters you all jumped on Crowsy for saying "before the fan boys have a go at me" he didnt call anybody a fan boy at all, so maybe all the people that found that post offecnsive are "fan boys" you decide.

Not sure that we all jumped on Crowsy. I said his attitude in his response was bad and he needs to calm down. I also questioned the truth in some of his statements in a fair manor, specifically about private rooms being 'promised for August 1st'. I don't think people are getting offended by anything said about GT or PD, more the sharp tongue and attitude.

Crowsy didn't call anyone a fanboy?

I'm calling people like you fanboys because that is exactly what you are

And as for reporting people to the moderators for stating they are abusive, "GROW UP" your like a little kid in the playground.

As I mentioned before, the Offical Playstation Forums is a bit of a joke - it's like the place is running riot with kids spamming threads and posts. Some moderation of the spam / idiotic posts / idiots is appreciated.

Wow, this has turned from "Is GT gonna be at TGS?" to "Screw you, my opinions are superior!".

Obviously the longtime fan doesn't know yet that KY only releases the best. Nothing "slightly good" but perfect. Perfection doesn't come quickly. He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms, not to mention maybe new tracks and cars. But if you were in charge, wouldn't you want the best to please your fans? Or would you want to throw out half-arsed work that you worked so hard for, then gave up under pressure of the so called"Fan Boys". So when the best update arrives, I certainly won't wake you up from your hibernation to tell you.

And to say"maybe something worthwhile included"? If I was KY and seeing that this is the number 1 spot to look for support and maybe ideas, I would've maybe second guessed releasing GT5:P at all. IMO, KY isn't a guy to be taking advantage of, so if you don't like it, then leave. Sure not going to help him in the support us REAL fan boys give. But then again, 3 new cars come out and you just want more and say it's not worthwhile. Pathetic.

Have a good one.:grumpy:

+1 👍 could not have said it better. Kaz is doing an awesome job so far, it is his obsession with perfection that make such amazing games, but it also causes all the delays.

Since I created this threat I have actually thought about closing it down since it now has nothing to do with TGS, which was a a bit of a disappointment for all of us I guess. However, since this "light-flaming" always will be at a forum it might as well be in this threat :)

This guy, Dan Brown from You Tube makes a very good point. Fortunately we here at GTP are way more mature than the common user at You Tube. He talks about music, but the general point is: "Your opinion is not better than any others".

/GTP_RaaDK

+1 👍 could not have said it better. Kaz is doing an awesome job so far, it is his obsession with perfection that make such amazing games, but it also causes all the delays.

Well, I certainly agree with PD did an awesome job so far , but what wasn't a good move from KY was saying he didn't even think about GT5 yet ... which is probably the cause for delaying the System-seller Number 1 and a lot of disappointment?
Also what perfection you talking about? After GT 1 & 2 they said 'Oh the PS2 will be powerful enough for all what we want to implement' ... yet 3 & 4 far away from being the perfect game! I believe they are seeking for perfection , just will never achieve it, doh designing car parts, LOL

Last edited:

Yes I really like this about K.Y and PD, they take the time to master the GT games, this is the reason why we have such great GT's,...in saying that I wonder if a trend is emerging, the longer the delay the better the game?:D:tup:
Rusty*

Obviously the longtime fan doesn't know yet that KY only releases the best. Nothing "slightly good" but perfect. Perfection doesn't come quickly. He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms, not to mention maybe new tracks and cars. But if you were in charge, wouldn't you want the best to please your fans? Or would you want to throw out half-arsed work that you worked so hard for, then gave up under pressure of the so called"Fan Boys". So when the best update arrives, I certainly won't wake you up from your hibernation to tell you.

You say KY releases only the best...have any of the previous GT versions been the "best " sims available upon release...answer no.

You say he releases nothing "slightly good but perfect". Have any of the previous versions of GT been "PERFECT" ? ... again answer is no so where is this perfection that everyone talks about including the almighty KY.

I'm a huge fan of all the GT games but I find it kinda pathetic that in 4-5 years of developement for each game they still bring out a product that isnt anywhere near perfect...

You went on to say "He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms" . Do you have any proof they have even been working on any of these things? We havent seen a video or even 1 freakin picture of the damage model or private rooms... I said this before..For all we know they might not even have anything beyond what your playing now..GT5P is as far as they are in development for GT5(and you cant even say I'm wrong because there is no proof of anyhing beyond GT5P)

One more thing..if in 5 years they only have a half-arsed product to release than they need to either hire more people or start working a few more hours a day...

No, games are more complex and are just taking longer to make these days.

+ 1

Indeed it's alot harder to produce a game in a small amount of time like developers could do on the Playstation 2, Good things come to those who wait and weither everyone likes it or not if you dont want to wait just play something else theres a huge array of games coming out in Novemeber/December/Jan/Feb GT5 Prologue isnt the only game I play i'm usually playing Burnout/Warhawk/Initial D but thats getting off topic if thread needs to be closed then I think it's for best to stop these minor outbreaks 👍

You went on to say "He and his team have been bending over backwards to please his fans plis working everyday to do realistic damage to all cars and program the PSN home fore private lobbies and rooms" . Do you have any proof they have even been working on any of these things? We havent seen a video or even 1 freakin picture of the damage model or private rooms... I said this before..For all we know they might not even have anything beyond what your playing now..GT5P is as far as they are in development for GT5(and you cant even say I'm wrong because there is no proof of anyhing beyond GT5P)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3185560&postcount=192

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3187060&postcount=222
And this one is shown from 2007. Which means, they have been working on it and here's proof. But like the host from Reading Rainbows always says,"Don't take my word for it." 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3188914&postcount=232

Links are in the same damn thread.

So, don't be afraid to go and use the search before saying this.

But hey, it's just you and my opinions.

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3185560&postcount=192

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3187060&postcount=222
And this one is shown from 2007. Which means, they have been working on it and here's proof. But like the host from Reading Rainbows always says,"Don't take my word for it." 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3188914&postcount=232

Links are in the same damn thread.

So, don't be afraid to go and use the search before saying this.

But hey, it's just you and my opinions.

Those links really dont reveal much at all...but if thats enough to satisfy you than so be it...

Those links really dont reveal much at all...but if thats enough to satisfy you than so be it...

Okay so PD just decided to make a speech about Home and the involvement of GT5 Prologue in there?/ This seems likely the only reason why PD havent done private rooms for Prologue. You know how many times Home has been pushed back. If Sony kept to their actual release date we may have had Private Rooms in the 2nd Quarter if not the 1st. It's probabely not PD fault at all and rather Sony's release date IF this was what PD Planned to make Private Rooms available via Home.

Back