Tokyo R246 is a real track!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shmibal
  • 59 comments
  • 15,183 views
[youtubehd]H7yW3kIcvY8&hd=1[/youtubehd]
 
Technically it is a toll road as its is a public road and you pay to drive on it.

I know, but there's too much history there to be just a toll road. Equally shocking but true to R246 being real, and apparently part of the Wangan.
 
why is everybody acting like its news we already knew
 
lowwatt
why is everybody acting like its news we already knew

Because not everybody knows it, I only found out when I read this thread
 
Pretty sure if you dig around those old threads there is something like Google Street View too, where you can follow the route.
 
Tokyo is real ?
 
Because not everybody knows it, I only found out when I read this thread

Many havent been to the cities in the game.

The Rome one is also based on the real thing. I recall the old roads being more rough though :p
 
Now if only they could get the C1, C2, and Yokohama ring ingame, than we could call it the real Tokyo freeway experience, lol.
I sometimes wish PD would buy the TXR license from Genki games, but one can only dream....... :indiff:
 
Thats a horrible lap time around R246 in that Caterham...
 
Nice find. Looks exactly like the GT5 track.
 
Anyone notice the Silver R35 at 0:34 on the original video.
 
R246's roads were also in Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition ReMix by Rockstar, I recognise those tokyo streets quite well...
 
What? Special Stage Route 7 is real, it's the Wangan Highway. This should look familiar:




That's to "curvy" for ssr7
 
No, it's only very loosely based on part of the Wangan Highway.
For a PS3 game which reproduces it (and surrounding express roads) quite well, though with dated graphics since it was made in 2007, try "Wangan Midnight". PD could take one lesson or two from that arcade racing game!
I'm starting to think you're right now. To me it just seemed like it was modeled exactly like the Wangan, but now looking at it again there just seems to be more things going on in the background like ports, tolls and words written on the ground.
 
same thing with new york circuit
 
Did you guys also know that there is a country called 'Italy' and in that country is a city called 'Rome'? I a pretty sure that is a real place too...

OMG where do you people come from.
 
nasanu
Did you guys also know that there is a country called 'Italy' and in that country is a city called 'Rome'? I a pretty sure that is a real place too...

OMG where do you people come from.

Erm ok?
 
geez
 
Thelvynau Wrote:
nasanu
Did you guys also know that there is a country called 'Italy' and in that country is a city called 'Rome'? I a pretty sure that is a real place too...

OMG where do you people come from.

not from this Planet, just kidding guys :)
 
Damn that highway looks like fun.

I will only say that when it comes to the United States justice system, I will never admit anything online.

That being said, if you enjoyed the vid, you should read this to get a better idea of the culture.
 
Jakob79
Thelvynau Wrote:
nasanu
Did you guys also know that there is a country called 'Italy' and in that country is a city called 'Rome'? I a pretty sure that is a real place too...

OMG where do you people come from.

not from this Planet, just kidding guys :)

I didnt write all that all I said was erm ok
 
stormbringer
Damn that highway looks like fun.

^This +1000000

I'm loving Japan even more with the wangan :drool:👍.

Wangan owns the Autobann! :eek:
 
Specifically, they're the streets where Polyphony Digital's offices used to be.


And is still home to Honda's headquarters. You can easily see it on the first main straightaway, it's the building to the left just after the lights at around the 37 second mark on the OP's video.
Any track dubbed by PD as a 'city' track is modeled after a real life system of roads. I sure wish they'd bring back seattle :grumpy:
 
Back