• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING

Rainbow 6 Siege is a first person shooter by Ubisoft in the Rainbow 6 series. The game has been confirmed to be released on October 13 2015. The game mod "Terrorist Hunt" will also be included in Siege. It is also the first Rainbow 6 game to use the Unreal engine since Rogue Spear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BybknP8ZRU

Last edited:
I have been keeping an eye on this game. Absolutely loved RSV1 and 2. I am a bit concerned because this game has been changed a couple times and has been bumped for several years. For those that don't remember, it was called Rainbow Six Patriots. Then was cancelled. Plus Ghost Recon future soldier was one of the worst Tom Clancy games I have ever played. That's coming from someone that loved the GR and RSV series. So I am a bit skeptical. What I have seen so far does look very good. So we will see. If it plays anywhere near as good as RSV2 then I will be very happy. Loved RSV2. In fact I think I might still own that game for the 360.

I have been keeping an eye on this game. Absolutely loved RSV1 and 2. I am a bit concerned that this game has been changed a couple times and has been bumped for several years. Plus Ghost Recon future soldier was one of the worst Tom Clancy games I have ever played. That's coming from someone that loved the GR series. So I am a bit skeptical. What I have seen so far does look very good. So we will see. If it plays anywhere near as good as RSV2 then I will be very happy. Loved RSV2. In fact I think I might still own that game for the 360.
RSV2 is my favourite shooter on PS3 but FS was awful. The story wasn't great and the multiplayer was so god awful I sold it as soon as I completed the campaign. I still remember playing the first few missions of RSV2. Was epic playing that. If Ubi released RSV3 that would be awesome.

Trailer looks promising..

I am a bit concerned because this game has been changed a couple times and has been bumped for several years.
It looks like a Counter-Strike game reimagined as a serious tactical shooter. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It looks like a Counter-Strike game reimagined as a serious tactical shooter. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
If what's in the trailer is anything like the final product, it is likely I will buy this game...

RSV2 is my favourite shooter on PS3 but FS was awful. The story wasn't great and the multiplayer was so god awful I sold it as soon as I completed the campaign. I still remember playing the first few missions of RSV2. Was epic playing that. If Ubi released RSV3 that would be awesome.

Trailer looks promising..
Yes I could not believe how terrible FS was. I played the beta and thought WTH is this? Just absolutely a rushed terrible experience. So after playing the beta I refused to buy the game. Rented it and it was just terrible. Even got the worst reviews over any Tom Clancy game ever made. To make it even worse, you could only play the co-op with friends. WTH were they thinking? Clearly a different set of employees or something because it was just junk.

So this is their chance at redemption.

If what's in the trailer is anything like the final product, it is likely I will buy this game...
There are several gameplay videos out there showing the need for tactical co-ordination in rescuing a hostage. They're a bit old, but it looks like each round starts with a riff on tower defence, with hostage-takers given the chance to fortify the environment and Rainbow planning their assault, with both blind to the other. When the actual round starts, it plays like a Counter-Strike match. From the looks of things in the above video, the characters are new - I'm guessing that there will be a range, each with unique abilities and equipment, so you effectively have to plan your load-out for an entire team.

Hopefully we still have 4 player co-op Terrorist hunt against the AI. That's where the majority of my friends spend years in RSV1 and 2. I honestly cant even comprehend the amount of hours I had into RSV2. I think I am an Elite 5 or 6. Cant remember.

There are several gameplay videos out there showing the need for tactical co-ordination in rescuing a hostage. They're a bit old, but it looks like each round starts with a riff on tower defence, with hostage-takers given the chance to fortify the environment and Rainbow planning their assault, with both blind to the other. When the actual round starts, it plays like a Counter-Strike match. From the looks of things in the above video, the characters are new - I'm guessing that there will be a range, each with unique abilities and equipment, so you effectively have to plan your load-out for an entire team.
That would be awesome.

Oddly enough GRFS was one of my most played games. I never experienced half the problems people seemed to have. It happened to be one of my most played shooters of last gen near the end of its life.

Whats funny, is that this whole game was one of the game modes offered in GRFS which was called Siege, which was also restricted to only 5v5. Eliminate targets, or go after the objective.

Regardless, Siege game mode was one of my favorites, so I'm going to keep an eye out for this.

I'm still a bit confused about this game. It's based around only one of the adversarial game modes that was available in the Ghost Recon series, so is there going to be any other game modes? Is there going to be a story mode? Did this single game mode warrent it's own full game?

It seems odd that they'd split this and the current upcoming GR game, when they can very much have been one in the same. I know one is an FPS and the other a TPS, but still.

I'm still a bit confused about this game. It's based around only one of the adversarial game modes that was available in the Ghost Recon series, so is there going to be any other game modes? Is there going to be a story mode? Did this single game mode warrent it's own full game?

It seems odd that they'd split this and the current upcoming GR game, when they can very much have been one in the same. I know one is an FPS and the other a TPS, but still.
Seems like Payday, virtually multi only.

Seems like Payday, virtually multi only.
Then even more reason why this should have just been coupled in with what GR is going to be. If they took that mode out of GR, that's a bit upsetting, as that was my favorite. It's is likely going to be the case, though.

If they did that though the destruction and graphic detail (given small-ish maps) would be lessened. Being standalone though they only have to focus on that.

This is all speculation though.

If they did that though the destruction and graphic detail (given small-ish maps) would be lessened. Being standalone though they only have to focus on that.

This is all speculation though.
That's enough reason to pay for a single game mode made out to be a whole game? Seems all a bit unnecessary really, and a bit like milking a series. Hopefully it turns out to be more then just that.

Essentially, you're paying more to get less.

Pretty common for Tom Clancy games.

RSV 2006

GRAW 2006

RSV 2 2007

GRAW 2 2007

This is not even including the splinter cell games.

I don't have high expectations for Siege but I hope it has some sort of terrorist hunt or co-op.. And not just restricted to mp.

Pretty common for Tom Clancy games.

RSV 2006

GRAW 2006

RSV 2 2007

GRAW 2 2007

This is not even including the splinter cell games.
Yeah, but it really hasn't even been that bad lately really. They've seemed to only focus on one a year in recent times, or so it seemed.

In it's own, this can be classed differently though. RSV wasn't based off a game mode that came from the other game, and made into a multiplayer only game just for that single game mode lol.

They're at least trying a new approach for a TC game..
It's not a new approach though. All it is, is a rehash of an old game mode thats been around for years, and making it a bit more destructible. As good as it looks, and as much as I loved the actual game mode, I'm not so sure I can justify it being its own game, yet.

Oh nice. Terrorist hunt is 5 players now instead of 4.
Didn't realize there was a Terrorist Hunt Mode. One of my favorite things about the Tom Clancy games, actually. I'll check out that video later. That's definitely a plus.

Didn't realize there was a Terrorist Hunt Mode. One of my favorite things about the Tom Clancy games, actually. I'll check out that video later. That's definitely a plus.
Get prepared to face palm like I did about 5 minutes ago.....

Look at the last video in post #11 of this thread. Could not believe I missed seeing that. :dunce:
At least I wasn't alone in missing that video. :sly:

Back