Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
I got another code too(already gave it away). I think everyone in the technical test got another code sent.

Yeah that is what I figured when I got a 2nd code (gave it away as well) People who pre-ordered and paid for codes were pissed when I told them I got a code last Sunday for the technical test when all I did was apply for the beta awhile back.

I am not very good at these kinds of games but man people need to chill out.. the first day of the actual closed beta people were giving others a hard time about not knowing what to do or not having any operators unlocked. One guy raged out on me because I had yet to realize you could disable electric traps on wires by hitting them.. and that was still only during the technical test phase.

The game is fun when you are in a good match that no one leaves or is team killing.. but the amount of time actually playing (including when I am dead just spotting on cameras) is very low vs the amount of time matchmaking, picking operators, loading, and looking at the results screen. Seems to be about 1/3 playing vs 2/3s everything else. Hopefully they get that sorted for the launch.

That's mostly because there has been earlier betas and there's a lot of videos online on how to play and such.

I am fine with people being good - but they don't need to be raging about "noobs" in a beta. I guess considering it is a MP FPS asking for people not to rage out is asking a bit much though. :dunce:

A simple - "Hey man just melee the trap or shot it next time" would have worked..

Also that does not help people unlock extra operators.. maybe others already picked the ones they had unlocked. yelling "Why are there so many ******* recruits on my team" on the first day of the closed beta is obnoxious.

Really enjoyed the tactical aspects of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, so I'm keeping an eye on this.
Not very comparable, it requires tactics but a complete different set of awareness tactically. Teamwork and game sense play a big factor in this. But, it is a really, very good game.

Not very comparable, it requires tactics but a complete different set of awareness tactically. Teamwork and game sense play a big factor in this. But, it is a really, very good game.
I'm aware of that, but I like the tactical element. Only possible downside is that there is no single-player campaign.

Beta extended untill Sunday.
Whew good thing because my friend just gave me a code last night. I will check this out tonight and over the weekend for sure. So happy to see classic terrorist hunt back again. Loved it in RSV1 and RSV2.
ter.png

If anyone wants a beta code for ps4.. here's a few. They sent me more.

LA7Q-QNN9-4R65
MK2K-QMNK-4MDN
C3T9-98NQ-TQML

Gotta say, the beta served as a good indicator that I'm not gonna enjoy the game. I don't know, it doesn't feel very "Rainbow Six" from what I played so far. Feels more like another generic shooter. Counterstrike with technological gimmicks, more or less. That's just me, obviously.

I actually had a good time with the beta last night playing terrorist hunt mode. That was really the only mode I ever played in the RS series. Co-op and terrorist hunt. That's it. So with that said I had a lot of fun. Started on the easy setting then after a couple games jumped to hard. Immediately a lot more strategic, more difficult, and more enemies. There is even a death cam and final kill cam. Some of those are hilarious! I plan to play it more over the weekend for sure before the beta ends. I really enjoyed how it allows us to attack from any location and position we want on the map. You enter from most any side, shoot through floors, most walls, and even some ceilings. Plenty of ways to take out the baddies. So nice to be back hunting terrorists again. :)

Not likely I will touch the mp at all. Will be focused on co-op campaign and 5 player co-op terrorist hunt.

I am not sure if this is a day 1 purchase but I will consider picking it up at some point for sure. It also comes with RSV1 and RSV2. So that is an added bonus.

I actually had a good time with the beta last night playing terrorist hunt mode. That was really the only mode I ever played in the RS series. Co-op and terrorist hunt. That's it. So with that said I had a lot of fun. Started on the easy setting then after a couple games jumped to hard. Immediately a lot more strategic, more difficult, and more enemies. There is even a death cam and final kill cam. Some of those are hilarious! I plan to play it more over the weekend for sure before the beta ends. I really enjoyed how it allows us to attack from any location and position we want on the map. You enter from most any side, shoot through floors, most walls, and even some ceilings. Plenty of ways to take out the baddies. So nice to be back hunting terrorists again. :)

Not likely I will touch the mp at all. Will be focused on co-op campaign and 5 player co-op terrorist hunt.

I am not sure if this is a day 1 purchase but I will consider picking it up at some point for sure. It also comes with RSV1 and RSV2. So that is an added bonus.
There is no campain

There is no campain
Oh really there wont be a co-op campaign with this one? Bummer. I guess as long as I have lots of terrorist hunt missions to chose from I will be fairly happy. Plus this comes with RSV1 and RSV2 for free so if I need a co-op campaign fix, I can jump into those. Lets just hope this launches with a LOT of terrorist hunt maps. It is not likely I will touch the mp at all. Mainly just co-op terrorist hunt.

Terrorist hunt is great but i hope you can use all operators the beta wouldnt allow defensive characters wich sucked. Also the Rsv1 and rsv2 so far is only 4 xbox 1 sucks for us ps4 players i guess. I love R6 and plan on getting it i hope ther are many modes of play

Terrorist hunt is great but i hope you can use all operators the beta wouldnt allow defensive characters wich sucked. Also the Rsv1 and rsv2 so far is only 4 xbox 1 sucks for us ps4 players i guess. I love R6 and plan on getting it i hope ther are many modes of play

Yeah RSV1 & 2 are only for Xbone because of their new backwards compatibility. The games are not being remastered or anything. - I got my hopes up for a second when I first saw that and thought there were remastered versions coming out.

I am sure the rest will be unlocked in the full game.

Yeah RSV1 & 2 are only for Xbone because of their new backwards compatibility. The games are not being remastered or anything. - I got my hopes up for a second when I first saw that and thought there were remastered versions coming out.
That is correct. Love the X1 backward compatibility with 360 games. :)

I started my tactical FSP affliction way back on Rouge Spear and Hidden and Dangerous. I mean, I enjoy the range of the genre, Especially the Red Faction games. But I've been waiting for a decent predecessor for Rouge Spear.
Gonna have to checkout some in game on this, it sounds promising.

So, let me get this straight: there's no single-player campaign, but there is a single-player mode where you go in with the AI. I guess that makes it like Counter-Strike Condition Zero, then?

So, let me get this straight: there's no single-player campaign, but there is a single-player mode where you go in with the AI. I guess that makes it like Counter-Strike Condition Zero, then?
You can fight the AI alone, or with a squad of real people, but you never have other AI in your squad(in the beta anyway).

Back