Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
Hadn't played this in a long, long time (got it for free a really long time ago but didn't really like it). Much to my surprise, I'm really liking this now. Spent 20,- on the year 2 operator pack so I've got a few decent operators, which makes the game immensely more enjoyable. Played a bit of PVP and got slaughtered (no surprise there since I don't know the maps, operators or tactics). So I tried a bit of co-op (terrorist hunt classic, free/protect hostage, etc.) and that's some pretty damn' good fun as well as teaching you the maps and the best way to play your operator! Started out on 'hard' but definitely taking it up a notch to 'realistic' before venturing back in PVP land again.

Both R6S and The Division are so much better titles a year or two after release. 👍

Is it really that much more unbelievable than an Italian plumber battling a mutated turtle to save a princess? I think a gorilla was involved at some point as well.
2 totally different games. 1 is supposed to be a tactical shooter the other a fun platformer. Even Mario games dont let you cheat by seeing enemies through walls.

dont let you cheat by seeing enemies through walls.

So all those spec ops guys with heat vision goggles are cheating?

The way Siege does it is kind of dumb, but it’s not like it’s impossible to see what’s on the other side of a wall in real life.

I believe you're thinking of thermal vision seeing through vegetation, not solid walls.

It also isn't supposed to see through smoke either...

Meh. I've stopped playing all together. Every update seemingly made the game worse, more childish and more broken. The game has gone from the initial E3 presentation of a serious, teamwork based, tactical shooter, to being essentially Overwatch, but with a brilliant destruction engine and pretty good audio design. What a waste of potential.

The game certainly wasn't helped by the god awful community.

A trait it shares for me with GTS. The worse thing about the title is the attitude of many who play it.

It's what has drawn me away from online gaming as a whole, with very few exceptions. I just don't get why some people seemingly enjoy being incredibly mean spirited online. From the trivial, but still obnoxious, "ez game", to the aggressive players who hurl abuse at people for the slightest mistakes, or sometimes just for the fun of it. Add to that the team killers and cheaters, and I simply do not understand the appeal that multiplayer has. The worse is when you sit down an evening, just wanting to relax with a game and two. You boot up the game, your mood is good, and the very first thing that happens during gameplay, is someone teamkilling you on purpose, or hurling abuse at you. I wish I could shake such things off, but no, it completely ruins my mood. I've done stupid things online too back when I was younger. No denying that, and I regret doing so. But the atmosphere has just become a different kind of hostile now, I think.

In GT5 and 6 I played almost exclusively with people from GTP and thus ensured a more or less civil experience. That is, I think, the only way to enjoy online gaming today. To play with friends and people who have a mutual understanding of how to play and behave.

I have to politely dissagree, Me and friends starting playing this again lately and weve been enjoying it. Considering that we all have played the game for so much time but still enjoy it enough to come back 2-3 years after release is such a testement to the support the game has recieved.

There are things im not fussed on, I think the DLC maps were never even close to the quality of the vanilla maps and they never dealt with the spawn peaking problem even though they said it wasnt intended to be part of the game.

I dont see whats wrong with the community niether? Im not at all active in it but to me it always seems like a strong passionate group of people.

In regards to team killing, I cant say that much because i normally exclusively play in a squad and i never play solo. I have witnessed it however and i understand how frustrating it is.

We have tried to introduce other people to the game but they havnt taken to it. It is very much a marmite game. You love it or hate it. If you like it enough you should be able to deal with some idiots teamkilling, The fact its a very skilled game that doesnt hold your hand i think that is why people like it. Its nice to have game that requires communication and teamwork to succeed, And with a full squad of friends little comes close.

I would definetly agree about playing solo however, Especcially in casual mode it is a mess which is why i never play it. Even if you play solo, ranked would be the way to go.

Last edited:
I saw this on twitter a few days ago:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...quel-devs-goal-is-100-operators-over-10-years

"Rainbow Six Siege's player base has been growing, and as the game reaches an audience of 27 million, the developer says it has no plans for a sequel. Instead, it plans to continue to support the game for 10 years, with the goal to reach 100 operators.

"We've communicated already a couple of times about how the vision of the game is to bring it to 100 operators," said brand director, Alexandre Remy at the Rainbow Six Invitational.

"Today we have 36 operators. Year 3 will bring eight new operators. [The goal of 100] is not only a symbol, but it's a testament of the longevity that we want to put in the game. Again, we are claiming extremely loud here, there is no sequel planned, and we are here for the next 10 years, so expect more Rainbow Six in your life for quite some time."

Seems like the game is here to stay and could potentially span over 3 console generations if they stick to their word.

That's because Ubisoft is starting to change their games from products to services. Why? Turns out people would spend more money on them over time.

That's because Ubisoft is starting to change their games from products to services. Why? Turns out people would spend more money on them over time.

You would think this would be a bad thing, But considering everyone gets all new content updates for free i don't see a problem with it.

If anyone is interested, Ubisoft is doing a special promo in-game in R6S this week.

Keywords are unicorns and rainbows... Literally! :lol:

Definitely worth some hours.

I can't even play the game. It's too much fun running around looking at all the funny details. :lol:

Back