Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
Anyone from AU/NZ have this game? Just wondering if we get put in local matches or are they mostly overseas hosts..

I have to say, this is one of the most exciting games to watch on YouTube right now. I don't plan on buying this because I know I'll be awful at it, but the new operators look awesome. Do they have their own introduction videos, too? I can't seem to find any.

Dan
I have to say, this is one of the most exciting games to watch on YouTube right now. I don't plan on buying this because I know I'll be awful at it, but the new operators look awesome. Do they have their own introduction videos, too? I can't seem to find any.
That excitement you feel watching will be 10x that when you play. It's such a rush with this game, whether my team is down 0-3 and we come back and win 5-4 or I am the last man standing and there are still 4 enemies left and I manage to win (rare but it has happened).

If you just think you will be awful but enjoy shooters, I'd say give it a go, you will find operators that fit your playstyle and go from there. I primarily use Thatcher or Blitz on attack and Bandit and Rook on defense, all others I rarely use.

As for intro videos on new characters, don't have season pass so unsure, I hope so though!

That excitement you feel watching will be 10x that when you play. It's such a rush with this game, whether my team is down 0-3 and we come back and win 5-4 or I am the last man standing and there are still 4 enemies left and I manage to win (rare but it has happened).

If you just think you will be awful but enjoy shooters, I'd say give it a go, you will find operators that fit your playstyle and go from there. I primarily use Thatcher or Blitz on attack and Bandit and Rook on defense, all others I rarely use.

As for intro videos on new characters, don't have season pass so unsure, I hope so though!

I enjoy shooters, but my aim is all over the place in first-person. I guess I could try the game since my friend can do the PS4 Share thing.

Played terrorist hunt with 4 randoms for about 3 hours straight and finally got placed on the new map. Very fun to play on. Later we attempted to play the vs mp but were never able to find a lobby. We kept getting server errors.

2.png
4.png
3.png
1.png

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas what the next operators are going to be or the abilitys they might have

Has Ubisoft fixed Tachanka's RP-46 placement issues? Many people have stated in the past that he can't place his turret in areas where you'd expect it to fit.

So the Starter Edition was a bit too good of a deal to pass up. Really enjoying the game, but wuld love someone to play with other than random people. I don't care about skill level what so ever, so if someone who communicates in English and who enjoys playing the game in a tactical way wants to join up, let me know.

Out of all the games that we have on base; I mainly play Siege....What do you guys think of the new characters ? Any tips do you think what will come in handy? Is there specific characters for specific maps?
This was my best record so far.
13558909_10157073890090156_6049630630512947080_o.jpg

Last edited:
I play it daily. Recently unlocked Blackbeard, and absolutely loving his SR-25. I don't use the gun shield because it's outright unfair to the defenders and I hate that he uses a pistol that no law enforcement or military unit would ever use, but his battle rifles are amazing. The person who gave him that Desert Eagle just needs to be fired. At the very least, they could give the Seals the P226 Sig Sauer that is already in the game. Or, if they wanted to give them something unique and cool, they could've given them the SOCOM MK23 with the LAM module.

I play it daily. Recently unlocked Blackbeard, and absolutely loving his SR-25. I don't use the gun shield because it's outright unfair to the defenders and I hate that he uses a pistol that no law enforcement or military unit would ever use, but his battle rifles are amazing. The person who gave him that Desert Eagle just needs to be fired. At the very least, they could give the Seals the P226 Sig Sauer that is already in the game. Or, if they wanted to give them something unique and cool, they could've given them the SOCOM MK23 with the LAM module.

If we're on the subject of realistic guns, what agency would ever employ sniper rifles in CQC scenarios?

Dan
If we're on the subject of realistic guns, what agency would ever employ sniper rifles in CQC scenarios?

SR-25's aren't too far fetched for people on overwatch in situations such as those featured in the game, but obviously they wouldn't enter buildings with them.

I just want the units to use the weapons that they use IRL.

And while we're at it, they can stop catering to the SJW people with all the female operators in units that don't allow women.

Basically, I want more realism.

The one thing I always wasn't a fan of was how all the operators were from different countries instead of having all Rainbow/terrorist operators. It's kinda weird having operators from 8 different agencies fighting each other in some random building.

Last edited:
The one thing I always wasn't a fan of was how all the operators were from different countries instead of having all Rainbow/terrorist operators. It's kinda weird having operators from 8 different agencies fighting each other in some random building.

That's what confused me as well. With all of the training equipment (civilian/insurgent dummies, etc), the markings on the boarded-up windows and doors, and blood splatter that looks like paint, you'd think it was two teams of elite military/SWAT groups performing drills with each other. That illusion vanishes when you're tossing grenades and C4 around like its candy during a parade.

I had loads of problems distinguishing between friend and foe for the first 100 hours or so. Absolutely horrendous game design to have near identical attackers and defenders. I've accidentally killed more teammates in Siege than I have in all other games combined.

SR-25's aren't too far fetched for people on overwatch in situations such as those featured in the game, but obviously they wouldn't enter buildings with them.

I just want the units to use the weapons that they use IRL.

And while we're at it, they can stop catering to the SJW people with all the female operators in units that don't allow women.

Basically, I want more realism.

Polish GROM have used the Desert Eagle in the past, Don't know if they still do or not. I think they got the weapon choice right. Its diverse and intresting enough without being too outrageous. If they used what they do in real life most of the operators would be using and M4 variant or an MP5 with the SIG, Glock and M1911 as a pistol. It would just be boring.

Polish GROM have used the Desert Eagle in the past, Don't know if they still do or not. I think they got the weapon choice right. Its diverse and intresting enough without being too outrageous. If they used what they do in real life most of the operators would be using and M4 variant or an MP5 with the SIG, Glock and M1911 as a pistol. It would just be boring.

Unless you can give me a credible source for anyone using the Desert Eagle, I frankly won't believe you. It's simply too big, heavy and has too much recoil for it to be effective in a combat scenario. Being able to quickly follow up a shot with another is far more important than simply having higher stopping power than your average pistol.

The Desert Eagle is cool, but woefully impractical.

Yes, the Colt/Diemaco M4A1's and MP5's are popular, but they definitely aren't the only guns used, and no one is saying that we can't include old inventory as well. The Sterling that the Canadian SF use was quite popular with special forces at least all the way up to the late 80's / early 90's, and the C1A1 would function well as a DMR similiar to the SR-25. While I've yet to actually see pictures of SF using P90's or MP7's, it seems the logical choice over the MP5's. Granted the M4's seem to have mosly made the MP5's redundant, the 5.7mm still offers better body armor penetration.

Going through the weapons list, most of the guns in-game seem at least somewhat plausible. It's mainly guns like the Desert Eagle, SPAS-12, Magpul FMJ-9 (possible with close protection teams), Sig Sauer MPX and MAC-10 that are entirely out of place. I doubt they'd ever use the L85A2 or Famas either, but at least we know those guns are available for them.

The machine guns are weird within the scope of the game, but dammit I love that bullpup configured PKP. One can always hope that they'll one day include larger maps where the attackers have to go through a slum or dense forrest (also available to the defenders of course) before reaching the target building. Of course this would require the timer to be raised, but I already think 4 minutes is too little time.

Last edited:
In terms of practicality, a .50 cal Desert Eagle could be useful to punch a hole in an engine block. Other than that, I can't see much use for police forces, but it's still a badass weapon to include.

I'm not really bothered by the inclusion of the Deagle, but the fact that they added a .50 caliber nickel/chrome-plated Deagle.

Unless you can give me a credible source for anyone using the Desert Eagle, I frankly won't believe you. It's simply too big, heavy and has too much recoil for it to be effective in a combat scenario. Being able to quickly follow up a shot with another is far more important than simply having higher stopping power than your average pistol.

The Desert Eagle is cool, but woefully impractical.

Yes, the Colt/Diemaco M4A1's and MP5's are popular, but they definitely aren't the only guns used, and no one is saying that we can't include old inventory as well. The Sterling that the Canadian SF use was quite popular with special forces at least all the way up to the late 80's / early 90's, and the C1A1 would function well as a DMR similiar to the SR-25. While I've yet to actually see pictures of SF using P90's or MP7's, it seems the logical choice over the MP5's. Granted the M4's seem to have mosly made the MP5's redundant, the 5.7mm still offers better body armor penetration.

Going through the weapons list, most of the guns in-game seem at least somewhat plausible. It's mainly guns like the Desert Eagle, SPAS-12, Magpul FMJ-9 (possible with close protection teams), Sig Sauer MPX and MAC-10 that are entirely out of place. I doubt they'd ever use the L85A2 or Famas either, but at least we know those guns are available for them.

The machine guns are weird within the scope of the game, but dammit I love that bullpup configured PKP. One can always hope that they'll one day include larger maps where the attackers have to go through a slum or dense forrest (also available to the defenders of course) before reaching the target building. Of course this would require the timer to be raised, but I already think 4 minutes is too little time.

I've seen it referenced multiple times on the internet over the years, But I'm not going digging for evidence. If you don't believe me I won't lose any sleep over it.

Back