Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
I've seen it referenced multiple times on the internet over the years, But I'm not going digging for evidence. If you don't believe me I won't lose any sleep over it.

I have too, but never seen any real evidence outside of people stating that they have or still are using it. What's more, no mention of whether it was actually the one chambered in 50AE, or if it was the one chambered in .357 or .44 Magnum.
In any case, there are no records of the SEAL's ever having used it, which is what matters here.

At the very least, they could give the Seals the P226 Sig Sauer that is already in the game. Or, if they wanted to give them something unique and cool, they could've given them the SOCOM MK23 with the LAM module.
I think they are trying to avoid having identical/very similar weapons among the teams, which is why they don't use any of the other weapons from the other teams (which would probably fit much better).

I have too, but never seen any real evidence outside of people stating that they have or still are using it. What's more, no mention of whether it was actually the one chambered in 50AE, or if it was the one chambered in .357 or .44 Magnum.
In any case, there are no records of the SEAL's ever having used it, which is what matters here.

How am I to get bulletproof evidence then? I'm not an ex polish SF! At the end of the day its a game, And variety and diversity adds a lot to the experience. Its not an ultra realistic game so I don't understand why you feel the weapon choice should be.

And everyone knows that the SEALS don't use it, Just like the SAS don't use the MAC10. Thats not the point i was trying to make. The fact that any SF unit have or are rumured to have used it is enough for most people. Its Rainbow Six, Not ARMA.

How am I to get bulletproof evidence then? I'm not an ex polish SF! At the end of the day its a game, And variety and diversity adds a lot to the experience. Its not an ultra realistic game so I don't understand why you feel the weapon choice should be.

And everyone knows that the SEALS don't use it, Just like the SAS don't use the MAC10. Thats not the point i was trying to make. The fact that any SF unit have or are rumured to have used it is enough for most people. Its Rainbow Six, Not ARMA.

The problem is that the game goes for authenticity one moment, and then completely throws it out the window the next. So if anything, I want consistency. If one unit is limited to their real world inventory, then the others should be too. It goes beyond realism as well, as the "D50" is simply better than the other pistols with none of its real world downsides being represented. As such, it is as much a balance problem as it is a realism one. Of course I want the game to be as realistic as possible without breaking the balance.

On another note, while ARMA advertises itself as a simulation, it has never represented reality better than your average Call of Duty game. There is no realism to be found in that franchise outside of mods.

The problem is that the game goes for authenticity one moment, and then completely throws it out the window the next. So if anything, I want consistency. If one unit is limited to their real world inventory, then the others should be too. It goes beyond realism as well, as the "D50" is simply better than the other pistols with none of its real world downsides being represented. As such, it is as much a balance problem as it is a realism one. Of course I want the game to be as realistic as possible without breaking the balance.

On another note, while ARMA advertises itself as a simulation, it has never represented reality better than your average Call of Duty game. There is no realism to be found in that franchise outside of mods.

Where did I say ARMA was realistic? I was talking explicitly (and believed you were) about weapon choice. I'll use the same words again, "Diversity" and "Variety" are worth sacrificing a bit of real world representation for most people. It is Rainbow Six after all, With Two teams of 5 CT operators fighting EACH OTHER and pulling 2 reinforced walls and limitless wooden barricades out of their backside. I agree some of the weapon choice is odd but for some (including me) i like it. If it was an ultra realistic representation i would want the Correct weapons and gear but with the game R6 is? Correct weapon choice isnt going to add much really, And most dont care because it adds variety and individuality to each of the characters.

Last edited:
This was free on PC and PS4 over the weekend and I got to play it for a bit on PS4.

Overall it seems like a great game but not one I would ever buy at full price. The fact that it costs upwards of 20k for some of the operators and most of the cosmetics, is the main reason why, but if I can get it for under £20 then I will definitely buy it.

Onto the gameplay, this is probably the most fun multiplayer shooter I've played on PS4, even playing terrorist hunt against AI can be incredibly fun. For the first 2 days I ended up being absolutely terrible on multiplayer, or maybe I just kept getting put on the crappier teams, as I lost every game I played, but on sunday I had a lot of good games and even got loads of MVP's. Every MP match I've done has been really tense, with the amazingly destructable environments really enhancing the gameplay. I had a few server issues, especially on Friday, but once I got in a match it was great with little to no lag for the majority of my playtime.

Only thing I didn't like was the 2 times some ****'s on my team decided to ruin the match by killing us. First time it happened someone shot me and another player at the start of the match and left, which meant there was 1 of us to take on 5 (he managed to kill 3 of the enemy team though) and the second time we were on hostage protection for 2 rounds in a row but some **** just had to blow up the hostage with C4 TWICE. I've also found that if I'm the last person standing there'll be at least 1 person trying to kick me from the game.

Here's a video of a few matches I played last night, I'll have another video with highlights from the entire weekend up sometime today:

I also got to play with for free this weekend on PC. My friends have been pestering me to get it. Overall, it's a great game. It didn't seem to have changed much from the beta. Since it's 50% off right now, I might consider getting it.

This was free on PC and PS4 over the weekend and I got to play it for a bit on PS4.

Overall it seems like a great game but not one I would ever buy at full price. The fact that it costs upwards of 20k for some of the operators and most of the cosmetics, is the main reason why, but if I can get it for under £20 then I will definitely buy it.
Huh? It was 15 quid this weekend. Edit: its 15 pounds untill Wednesday

Last edited:
The fact that it costs upwards of 20k for some of the operators and most of the cosmetics, is the main reason why
Most of this stuff was post-release content, which is why the prices are inflated. It's supposed to be something that players could purchase like if they wanted to, but still accesible to those who choose not to.

I don't mind them doing that with cosmetics, but I think it's kind of annoying having to grind to get certain operators.

I wish the game didn't have cosmetics in the first place. Feels like playing a kiddie game whenever I see someone with flowers or some **** on their gun.

Looking forward to playing with the Japanese operators that are releasing shortly. Worried that Hibana will be grossly overpowered when used with Blackbeard and his BS gun shield, but we'll see how it plays out. Also hope that their SMG won't be another OP SMG-11.

I wish the game didn't have cosmetics in the first place. Feels like playing a kiddie game whenever I see someone with flowers or some **** on their gun.

Looking forward to playing with the Japanese operators that are releasing shortly. Worried that Hibana will be grossly overpowered when used with Blackbeard and his BS gun shield, but we'll see how it plays out. Also hope that their SMG won't be another OP SMG-11.

A kiddie game? What popular shooter doesnt have gaudy skins and cosmetics these days? I mean if simple gun skins annoy you, I bet your really looking forward to the battledresses/end of game animations........

I kid you not. In one of them, Thermite is dressed as a police officer and is shooting fire from his hands.....Not even i would argue that is going a bit to far.

Last edited:
A kiddie game? What popular shooter doesnt have gaudy skins and cosmetics these days? I mean if simple gun skins annoy you, I bet your really looking forward to the battledresses/end of game animations........

I kid you not. In one of them, Thermite is dressed as a police officer and is shooting fire from his hands.....Not even i would argue that is going a bit to far.

It does annoy me. Why does every game have to be so childish? What happened to the mature tactical shooters...
I want to be immersed into the game, So all these completely out of place gimmicks annoy me to no end.

It does annoy me. Why does every game have to be so childish? What happened to the mature tactical shooters...
I want to be immersed into the game, So all these completely out of place gimmicks annoy me to no end.

I guess for some it helps to get them more immersed in the game, they could have unlocked all the operators and guns so they are saving up for a skin they like. Plus people like to customise things in games these days, I don't see why a more serious FPS like R6 shouldn't have this stuff.
Personally I don't bother with it but I can see the appeal.

Simple answer, Dont play it. Mature Tactical Shooters? - Squad/Insurgency. NOT Rainbow Six.

Simple answer, Dont play it. Mature Tactical Shooters? - Squad/Insurgency. NOT Rainbow Six.

Rainbow Six used to be a mature game, and it's the only small scale tactical game out there, so there really isn't much choice. Squad looks promising, but I'm not buying into early access, not to mention I tend to stay away from online games in general as frankly, people online are morons. Insurgency is just bleh.

(I need a new SOCOM: US Navy Seals...)

Rainbow Six used to be a mature game, and it's the only small scale tactical game out there, so there really isn't much choice. Squad looks promising, but I'm not buying into early access, not to mention I tend to stay away from online games in general as frankly, people online are morons. Insurgency is just bleh.

(I need a new SOCOM: US Navy Seals...)

Im not arguing that rainbow six of old was quite serious and mature, But from the outset Siege hasnt strived for that, its clear to see. I mean counter terrorist operatives fighting each other (sometimes from the same CTU)? So when it comes to immersion, things like skins are like a drop in the ocean compared to that really.

Dont get me wrong, IMO it is a very immersive game in the places and situations it places you in. Gameplay - the thing that matters most.

I went against a team of recruits the other day that were pretty much 5 Jäger clones with nitro cells and a lot of barbed wire. Did not end very well. :lol:

R6S is once again free this weekend and I have been having a good amount of fun playing Casual Multiplayer.

Had quite a few great matches so far, but I think my best so far is when I defended one corner of a room by myself against 3 opposing players

Ive not played this game in a couple of years. I loved and hammered all Rainbows but with Siege i felt it was more about gadgets, drones and cameras and for me it kind of ruined a thinking mans shooter of Rainbows of old and turned it into a casual shooter (i guess thats how they got the amazing sales numbers) but did they ever bring out a mode for real Rainbow fans?

See through walls lol...remember the days when we didnt need to see through walls. Modern gaming is awful

Is it really that much more unbelievable than an Italian plumber battling a mutated turtle to save a princess? I think a gorilla was involved at some point as well.

Back