Tom's Reveals It's Developing a Tuned GR Yaris

This car looks pretty sweet and the modifications done making me want one, please can I get one in the UK, callin you out Toyota JEMCA? Maybe a import via Torque GT? They always have nice JDM cars.

It would make a great shopping run car lol.

Last edited:
ZEE
This car looks pretty sweet and the modifications done making me want one, can I get one on the UK? Maybe a import via Torque GT? They always have nice JDM cars.

It would make a great shopping run car lol.

I live 20 minutes from Torque and I've never actually gone to have a look. For shame. They have a job listing currently for the warehouse; If it was a photography job, I'd have applied.

Great to see Tom's still tuning cars.

Last edited:
The GR Corolla might be my next car depending on how ugly it may or may not be. Knowing Toyota they could make it nice or completely over designed with a huge grille.

GR Corolla
Only if they change the steering wheel position. The wheel-seat-pedal relationship isn't designed for an actual human and the Corolla has been one of the most uncomfortable cars for me since 2013 at least. If my legs are comfy then I literally have to lean forward to hold the wheel properly! It needs another 6 inches of telescope at least. This would be my concern with the Yaris as well. Honda, Mazda, and Hyundai don't have this problem.

Last edited:
Kaz right now

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I saw this car somewhere on the internet a few days ago. :D

Another one making a body kit for the GR Yaris

If the rest of @Tom's build videos are anything to go by, it'll be Luke who is doing all the work.

Those wheels paired with the slightly lowered suspension make a world of difference to the looks, even if you ignore the bodykit. I love it.

They defo have used some great parts bolted onto this machine and I love how it makes look like the GR Yaris' Evil twin brother, a very cool car.

If the price tag is 4.7million yen converted from the UK price tag of the GR Yaris, I'm speculating that this thing with all it's modcons will rocket the cost in the region of 5.5million Yen (£39K), minus taxes and import duty? :scared:

Last edited:
Wait, so Toyota's motorsport devision GR (Gazoo Racing) made the GR Yaris, but TOM's (Toyota Motorsports) have made their own version of the GR Yaris.... what?

Wait, so Toyota's motorsport devision GR (Gazoo Racing) made the GR Yaris, but TOM's (Toyota Motorsports) have made their own version of the GR Yaris.... what?
Tom's isn't "Toyota Motorsports", it's "Tachi Oiwa Motor Sport" after the founders Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa. It is an officially recognised Toyota tuner and enjoys factory support for its Toyota (and Lexus) racing programs, but it's an independent business.

Last edited:
Tom's isn't "Toyota Motorsports", it's "Tachi Oiwa Motor Sport" after the founders Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa. It is an officially recognised Toyota tuner and enjoys factory support for its Toyota (and Lexus) racing programs, but it's an independent business.

So its the equivilent to AMG?

Back